Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

'8 Out of 10 Cats Does Countdown' gets full series..

Options
1131415161719»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 43,774 ✭✭✭✭Basq

D'ya want the good news or the bad news first?

Good News: 8 Out Of 10 Cats is coming back
    Bad News: No more Jon or Sean, as Rob Beckett and Aisling Bea will be the new team captains.

It's also changing station to More4 (it'll still be repeated on Channel 4 mind).

Jon and Sean are staying on for a further 18 episodes of 'Cats Does Countdown' however.

Source: 8 Out Of 10 Cats Returns

• Registered Users Posts: 21,421 ✭✭✭✭Alun

Basq wrote: »
    Jon and Sean are staying on for a further 18 episodes of 'Cats Does Countdown' however.

Former regular Joe Wilkinson is also set to reappear.

:mad:

Ah no Sean. :( Hopefully he has something else lined up, he needs to be on TV as much as possible.

Ah no Sean. :( Hopefully he has something else lined up, he needs to be on TV as much as possible.
    He'll be still doing Cats Does Countdown..

• Registered Users Posts: 7,024 ✭✭✭homerun_homer

Would miss Sean but not Jon as much. He's run his course, always winning. It will be good to see new blood. It would be good if they just did away with the permanent team captain business and kept shaking it up each time.

• Advertisement

He'll be still doing Cats Does Countdown..
    For a while yeah. 8 out of 10 is done now though.

• Registered Users Posts: 31,817 ✭✭✭✭Mars Bar

Should have put Sean and Jon on the topical show and let Aisling and Rob do Countdown.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,728 ✭✭✭✭Dtp1979

Sean would fit in well on A league of their own

• Registered Users Posts: 2,387 ✭✭✭Cina

Sam Simmons is great, probably the only good thing about that last episode.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,015 ✭✭✭✭Mc Love

Bad News: No more Jon or Sean, as Rob Beckett and Aisling Bea will be the new team captains.

It's also changing station to More4 (it'll still be repeated on Channel 4 mind).

Ah not Aisling Bea :(

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Subscribers Posts: 47,279 ✭✭✭✭Zaph

Cina wrote: »
    Sam Simmons is great, probably the only good thing about that last episode.

I can't stand that guy. It's like he's seen David O'Doherty and decided "I can do that", except that he can't. Somebody needs to intervene and tell him he's just not funny.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,785 ✭✭✭jcsoulinger

Zaph wrote: »
    I can't stand that guy. It's like he's seen David O'Doherty and decided "I can do that", except that he can't. Somebody needs to intervene and tell him he's just not funny.

Lol he's a successful comedian but apparently "he's just not funny", There are plenty of comedians I don't find funny but if they are earning a living from it then I don't know how someone could say their just not funny they clearly are.

On Sam Simmons I've only seen him on eootcdc and both times I found him very funny, not sure how he would fair over a longer set tho.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,038 ✭✭✭Go Harvey Go

Evidence, if evidence were needed, that Catsdown is the main attraction now. :o;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,115 ✭✭✭✭Nervous Wreck

No interest in this.
    a further 18 episodes of 'Cats Does Countdown'

Great news!

^ Think you're in the minority there buddy!

^ Think you're in the minority there buddy!

People are really more excited about the main show coming back than the Cats Does Countdown show?!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,038 ✭✭✭Go Harvey Go

People are really more excited about the main show coming back than the Cats Does Countdown show?!

A lot of people have grown tired of Catsdown and its ubiquity, you know... ;)

A lot of people have grown tired of Catsdown and its ubiquity, you know... ;)

Weird! I hated the normal show for how scripted it was...

Regular 8 Out Of 10 Cats back on Tuesday at 10pm on More4.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,906 ✭✭✭Cazale

Sean Lock hardly in any episodes this series. Shame as he is the best thing about it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 33,232 ✭✭✭✭Penn

Cazale wrote: »
    Sean Lock hardly in any episodes this series. Shame as he is the best thing about it.

And any episodes he is in, seems like Jon isn't.

It's constantly 2 out of 3 Cats Does Countdown

• Registered Users, Subscribers Posts: 47,279 ✭✭✭✭Zaph

Somebody should get Immigration onto Sam Simmons, there's no way he can legitimately be in the UK as a comedian.

Zaph wrote:
    Somebody should get Immigration onto Sam Simmons, there's no way he can legitimately be in the UK as a comedian.

He's no Nick Helm.

Regular Cats good fun.. maybe it's that it hasn't been on in so long.. but Beckett and Bea are very good!

Noticed Aisling not wearing poppy too.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,454 ✭✭✭Badly Drunk Boy

Noticed Aisling not wearing poppy too.
    Yeah, but I think the red and black check shirt was worn so it wasn't obvious.

Bump..

.. never thought I'd see it but regular Cats back on Sunday night on E4 at 9pm.

• Site Banned Posts: 280 ✭✭CertifiedSimp

Just can't warm to this show at all.

Shows where they're both trying to be funny and serious (trying to get good words) doesn't work.

Watching this would turn you off all the comedians. Very awkward.

For example whenever they have to ask Rachel for the letters it's like they feel pressured to say something funny when it's not possible. Aisling B and Richard Ayoade were on and she was asking for the letters. Final letter she says to richard..."let's say it together..voowwelll". Just painful to watch.

They try to do these "random" things too to be funny. Last week Ayoade took out an apple and started eating it.

Sean Locke is funny enough. Richardson, not only do I not find him funny, I find him boring. I'd say he's quite smart though.

• Registered Users Posts: 33,232 ✭✭✭✭Penn

Shows where they're both trying to be funny and serious (trying to get good words) doesn't work.

Watching this would turn you off all the comedians. Very awkward.

For example whenever they have to ask Rachel for the letters it's like they feel pressured to say something funny when it's not possible. Aisling B and Richard Ayoade were on and she was asking for the letters. Final letter she says to richard..."let's say it together..voowwelll". Just painful to watch.

They try to do these "random" things too to be funny. Last week Ayoade took out an apple and started eating it.

Sean Locke is funny enough. Richardson, not only do I not find him funny, I find him boring. I'd say he's quite smart though.

It can be hit and miss, but there can be some fantastic moments.

It was a great spinoff idea for a couple of series. Ran out of ideas now.

• Advertisement
Advertisement