Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

'8 Out of 10 Cats Does Countdown' gets full series..

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,963 ✭✭✭Meangadh

This is by far one of the best programmes on television. Although I will say that it was much funnier in the beginning than it is now, but it's still great.

The episode with Joe in Dictionary Corner is absolutely hilarious. I think Jimmy is a brilliant host on this as well.

I'm completely in love with Jon Richardson as well (my obsession is going on a few years now!) and the first episode with him doing Countdown was brilliant, he was so chuffed to be getting to do the show and got all dressed up in a suit and everything- definitely if people have missed the earlier episodes, try and catch them for real belly laughs.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,754 ✭✭✭✭expectationlost

matthew8 wrote: »
    Typically I get a little over half of the numbers game answers. In this version of countdown, I usually get it before the clock starts. Extremely dumbed down.

theres occasional easy ones in the countdown too

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 15,663 Mod ✭✭✭✭dfx-

The numbers are random and it depends on how many big numbers you choose most often. You should be able to get most if your only big number is 75 imo.
    Addle wrote: »
    They give the answer, and the numbers to use to get the answer. It's not that hard, most of the time.

The inability of normal contestants on Countdown to do the numbers (outside of Champions v Champions type series) is staggering.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,557 ✭✭✭KeithM89

On one of the episodes, they had 4 big and 2 small, when joe hit the button, 175 popped up, he says 'f that', presses it again and 175 appears again. I thought that was a big dodgy, seems like its picked in advance.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,444 ✭✭✭✭Skid X

That was the last in the series, but there will be another '80s themed' 8 out of 10 cats does Countdown on September 20th as part of Channel 4's 80s weekend.

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2057015534

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 874 ✭✭✭Gosub

I can't believe this thread got to 3 pages without a mention of the best arse on telly.

Before anyone suggests anything, I was talking about Rachel. :p

Gosub wrote: »
    I can't believe this thread got to 3 pages without a mention of the best arse on telly.

Before anyone suggests anything, I was talking about Rachel. :p

Oh I dunno, Jon's would be far more appealing to me personally ;)

Two more episodes of this being filmed next week so I'm sure they'll be shown some time in mid- Autumn. Yeay!

Next episode on Friday 13th September. It'll have Bob Mortimer and Adam Hills as guests- they should be great!

There's also going to be one coming up soon that has an 80s theme as part of an 80s night on Channel 4 to celebrate when the station started. I dunno what that'll mean but sounds fun!

• Registered Users Posts: 43,774 ✭✭✭✭Basq

Meangadh wrote: »
    Next episode on Friday 13th September. It'll have Bob Mortimer and Adam Hills as guests- they should be great!
    Really appreciate Adam Hills a lot more since he started doing 'The Last Leg'..

.. incredible funny live wit, as has Josh Widdicombe and Alex Brooker.

But I then saw him hosting some horrendous Northern Irish panel show with Neil Delamere on the BBC... not good at all!

Oh, the 80's Weekend is the weekend of the 20th September - 22nd September.

• Advertisement

And here's the (Lockless) line-up for the 80s weekend show (the following weekend) ...
    Lee Mack will be a guest captain alongside Jon Richardson in the latest Countdown takeover, taking the place of Sean Lock. Henning Wehn and David O’Doherty will also be playing; while Vic Reeves will join Susie Dent in Dictionary Corner and Joe Wilkinson tries to distract Rachel Riley.

http://www.chortle.co.uk/news/2013/09/03/18604/cats_take_countdown_back_to_the_eighties

Basq wrote: »
    Really appreciate Adam Hills a lot more since he started doing 'The Last Leg".

The Last Leg is an absolutely brilliant show too, it's great to think it started as a kind of side show to the Paralympics and testament to how good it is is still being made.

I've met Adam Hills before and he's one of the nicest guys ever, very genuine and warm. I do think he's funny but I think his great personality really adds to his performance.

Yeah, Adam Hills is a class act. He will also be presenting the Celebrity revival of Fifteen to One in the Eighties weekend on Channel 4.

I wonder if Channel 4 were tempted to turn the cross programme promotion up to Eleven and have an '8 out of 10 Cats does Countdown against The Last Leg' special? :) I'm sure it came up at a scheduling meeting at least once.

Worth a bump, Back tonight (and next week)...
    Jimmy Carr hosts the comedy panel show's version of the famous quiz, with team captains Jon Richardson and Lee Mack joined by guests Bob Mortimer and Adam Hills. Countdown regular Susie Dent is in Dictionary Corner with Alex Horne and the Horne Section, while Rachel Riley provides the letters and numbers with a little help from Joe

Read more at http://www.tvnow.ie/detail.asp?id=8969197#CRQo6p8lACrbK88e.99

A good mix of guests there, hopefully they will spark off each other (and the regulars).

• Registered Users Posts: 43,774 ✭✭✭✭Basq

Looking forward to more of this!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 35,514 ✭✭✭✭efb

Eight out of 10 cats does countdown, fire lit, pizza ordered

David Mitchell would be great on this. He would be even more competitive than Jon Richardson.

I miss The Countdown Kid, he was brilliant.

Australian Kid seems to based on Dame Edna

Edit: Rachel Riley, we have so much in common :)

100*(10-6) +50/2 -3

efb wrote: »
    100*(10-6) +50/2 -3

Check out the big brains on efb!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,319 ✭✭✭Al_Coholic

Not enjoying Lee Mack at all just not that funny

• Registered Users Posts: 6,207 ✭✭✭miralize

Al_Coholic wrote: »

Not watching it but he's usually very quick on his feet to make a joke.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,534 ✭✭✭KKkitty

Lee and Bob are not even trying ffs. Jon's voice when he tries to do accents is hilarious :D

I can't abide lee mack

• Registered Users Posts: 1,319 ✭✭✭Al_Coholic

KKkitty wrote: »
    Lee and Bob are not even trying ffs. Jon's voice when he tries to do accents is hilarious :D

highlight of the show for me when Rachel had the french accent....she got instantly hotter if that was possible

• Registered Users Posts: 7,534 ✭✭✭KKkitty

highlight of the show for me when Rachel had the french accent....she got instantly hotter if that was possible

She's way better at the accents :D I'm female so I have no opinion really on the hotness of Rachel :D

((6-2)*75)+25+2

KKkitty wrote: »
    She's way better at the accents :D I'm female so I have no opinion really on the hotness of Rachel :D

Speaking as a man, I'm confident that if I was a woman Rachel Riley would turn me lesbian.

Was there two twos?

• Advertisement

efb wrote: »
    Was there two twos?

Yeah, trust me :D

Advertisement