Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

'8 Out of 10 Cats Does Countdown' gets full series..

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 33,232 ✭✭✭✭Penn

Gimme Katherine Ryan over Sarah Millican any day.

"Y'know how, like, your boyfriend is busy so you just eat a big cake instead? And then you see your cat hiding in a pair of your big pants?"

^^^the basis of every Sarah Millican joke ever, just regurgitated in a different order.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,325 ✭✭✭✭Dozen Wicked Words

Penn wrote: »
    Gimme Katherine Ryan over Sarah Millican any day.

"Y'know how, like, your boyfriend is busy so you just eat a big cake instead? And then you see your cat hiding in a pair of your big pants?"

^^^the basis of every Sarah Millican joke ever, just regurgitated in a different order.

Would say at least Millican has enthusiasm for what she's doing and not the disdain Ryan appears to have. She's just not funny enough to have that attitude imo.

But you can keep both of them!

Would say at least Millican has enthusiasm for what she's doing and not the disdain Ryan appears to have. She's just not funny enough to have that attitude imo.

Oh trust me, wouldn't take either of them.

Isy Suttie's where it's at.

• Registered Users Posts: 43,774 ✭✭✭✭Basq

Isy Suttie's where it's at.
    Funny but she was very quiet in her appearance!

Aisling Bea is decent enough.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,717 ✭✭✭lertsnim

I'd rather an empty seat to both of them

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,006 ✭✭✭_Tombstone_

Awful guests and Jon Richardson ruined this.

• Registered Users Posts: 60,292 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

I thinks it's time for the 8 cats to fcuk off and join the other 2 cats now.

Or at the very least go back to the original show.

I thinks it's time for the 8 cats to fcuk off and join the other 2 cats now.

Or at the very least go back to the original show.
    Yep, think this is the first year since it's inception that there hasn't been a series of the good ol' regular 8 Out Of 10 Cats. Watched some older episodes recently on Netflix - still provide way more memorable moments then Countdown.

• Registered Users Posts: 25,005 ✭✭✭✭Toto Wolfcastle

Fear not, Cats fans. They're filming new episodes of the regular show tomorrow. I just checked SRO Audiences and the info is there.

Fear not, Cats fans. They're filming new episodes of the regular show tomorrow. I just checked SRO Audiences and the info is there.
    Yep, the annual Big Fat Quiz filming next week too.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,717 ✭✭✭lertsnim

The Christmas Special is on Channel 4 at 9pm on Christmas Eve and an "End of Year Special" on the 29th also at 9pm. Happy days.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,867 ✭✭✭✭Thargor

:p

I have laughed more at your impression of her than anything she's ever said in the 20+ shows she's ruined for me.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,126 ✭✭✭PressRun

Basq wrote: »
    Aisling Bea is decent enough.

Aisling Bea has been very good the couple of times I've seen her on it. Seems to have genuine wit.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,689 ✭✭✭sky88

Thought the Christmas special was not funny one of the worst I seen

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,622 ✭✭✭Ruu

Very average show.

Only for Johnny Vegas it would have been awful. In fairness to him, I thought he did have some good lines.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,622 ✭✭✭Ruu

Loved the seeing the chopper!!

• Registered Users Posts: 16,304 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Prodston

I just watched the actual 8 out of 10 cats Christmas special (not countdown) and it was very good.

Carrot in a box had me nearly crying in laughter :D

Carrot In A Box was funnier than anything in Cats Does Countdown in the last 2 years..

.. and yet Cats Does Countdown is back for a new run next week.

Must be far easier to record in a batch than normal Cats.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,550 ✭✭✭enfant terrible

I just watched the actual 8 out of 10 cats Christmas special (not countdown) and it was very good.

Carrot in a box had me nearly crying in laughter :D

Ya nice to have a break from the countdown series.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,754 ✭✭✭DopeTech

Cats does countdown isn't a patch on the original cats imo. There's a few gags in each episode but I have always lost interest by the end of it.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,503 ✭✭✭✭Also Starring LeVar Burton

Carrot In A Box was brilliant. Genuinely funny.

The Cats Does Countdown has been done to death at this point, but it's clearly easier to film than regular Cats which needs to be fairly topical, while the Countdown version can be filmed anytime and it's popular so Channel 4 will continue to commission it. Even though I've been growing tired of it, I'll still probably end up watching the new series of it next week.

E4's Virtually Famous is a bit of a fresher alternative. Season 3 starting Tuesday week.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,126 ✭✭✭PressRun

Is the Countdown version more popular than the original version? I much prefer the original version. I stopped watching the Countdown version.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,435 ✭✭✭Austria!

I watch this if it's on. I don't care about the comedy angle, just like the countdown with contestants that I can beat. And Rachel.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,462 ✭✭✭✭WoollyRedHat

Whens 8 out of 10 cats new series out?

• Registered Users Posts: 18,503 ✭✭✭✭Also Starring LeVar Burton

That Sam Simmons lad in Dictionary Corner was class. Hope he'll be in it again this series.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,444 ✭✭✭✭Skid X

Skid X wrote: »

New episode last week too! ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 21,444 ✭✭✭✭Skid X

Basq wrote: »
    New episode last week too! ;)

Ah thanks, hard to keep track of it.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,006 ✭✭✭_Tombstone_

HD is not kind to them tonight.

Advertisement