Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

'8 Out of 10 Cats Does Countdown' gets full series..

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 9,717 ✭✭✭lertsnim

Claudia Winkelman is awful. I didn't last long after she appeared. Ha ha, you don't know what you're doing is not comedy

• Registered Users Posts: 18,503 ✭✭✭✭Also Starring LeVar Burton

What the hell was that?

What idiot thought Claudia Winkelman was a suitable replacement for Rachel Riley - couldn't think of anyone worse to stand in.
    Rest of this week's guests were crap as well.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,397 ✭✭✭✭FreudianSlippers

Are we ever going to get a new normal 8 Out of 10 Cats?!

• Registered Users Posts: 43,774 ✭✭✭✭Basq

Are we ever going to get a new normal 8 Out of 10 Cats?!
    Once a year at Christmas I'd say..

.. as I've said before, filming being more convenient is why I'd say Cats Does Countdown is taking over from normal Cats. They can film probably a series Cats Does Countdown of these in a day or two, as opposed to normal Cats which require weekly filmed episodes to stay topical.

Think there's a new episode tonight at 9..

.. as Victoria Coren Mitchell is on it who's never been on it before AFAIK.

Plus Joe Wilkinson is back!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 187 ✭✭crazyguy01

Basq wrote:
    .. as Victoria Coren Mitchell is on it who's never been on it before AFAIK.

Henning Wehn also on, I like the two of them so I'm happy...

• Registered Users Posts: 20,397 ✭✭✭✭FreudianSlippers

Is regular Cats is never coming back? :(

I liked Catsdown at first, but I'm so bored with it now tbh.

Is regular Cats is never coming back? :(

I liked Catsdown at first, but I'm so bored with it now tbh.
    I'd say it's growing increasingly unlikely!

As I've said before, they've realised how quickly and easily they can churn out Cats Does Countdown episodes. Probably 6 in 2 days, or thereabouts.

Regulars episodes require a more stringent weekly schedule and are probably tougher to work around busy schedules.

• Registered Users Posts: 33,232 ✭✭✭✭Penn

Basq wrote: »
    I'd say it's growing increasingly unlikely!

As I've said before, they've realised how quickly and easily they can churn out Cats Does Countdown episodes. Probably 6 in 2 days, or thereabouts.

Regulars episodes require a more stringent weekly schedule and are probably tougher to work around busy schedules.

Yeah it was incredibly noticeable in the last few seasons of regular Cats that they'd just do a bunch of episodes on certain topics with largely the same group of guests rather than the week's news because they could film them in a block of a few days.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,421 ✭✭✭✭Alun

Basq wrote: »
    Plus Joe Wilkinson is back!
    Unfortunately, yes, he is.

I struggle to find anyone less funny than him apart from Vic Reeves who unfortunately also appears on the show now and then.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 187 ✭✭crazyguy01

Alun wrote:
    Unfortunately, yes, he is.

Did you see him on Taskmaster, thought he was very funny being more natural, maybe himself, who knows.
    He has done all he can with the character he puts across on cats long ago and just not funny anymore

• Registered Users Posts: 33,232 ✭✭✭✭Penn

Who is this f*cking twat in dictionary corner? Has to be the worst prick to ever be on the show

• Registered Users Posts: 25,005 ✭✭✭✭Toto Wolfcastle

Penn wrote: »
    Who is this f*cking twat in dictionary corner? Has to be the worst prick to ever be on the show

Absolutely dreadful. Amazing how one person can ruin the whole show.

Sorry, but thought John Kearns was hilarious! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 21,421 ✭✭✭✭Alun

Penn wrote: »

Bring back Joe Wilkinson, all is forgiven.

Now these lads are atrocious!

• Registered Users Posts: 18,503 ✭✭✭✭Also Starring LeVar Burton

I haven't bothered watching any of the current series - I felt it had well and truly run it's course last time around and that Channel 4 & e4 should focus more on new panel show formats like with Virtually Famous.

I take it I'm not missing out by not tuning in for this series?

• Registered Users Posts: 23,104 ✭✭✭✭J. Marston

Those keyboard guys might be the unfunniest thing I have ever seen on TV after Big Bang Theory.

The woman is crap too.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,362 ✭✭✭✭siblers

The main guys on the show are great but they get the most obscure, ****e guests on it, the one last week with the greek sounding name was beyond dreadful, that bald posh guy in dictionary corner is nothing more but an arrogant prick. Seems like such a waste.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,006 ✭✭✭_Tombstone_

It could be great but they just don't give a sh1t.

I've given up on it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 16,304 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Prodston

"The Home of the Whopper"

As long as Sean Lock is involved then I'm in :D

While I'd love to have a complete A list of comedians on every week it's good to see them giving new acts a bit of time.

Even a 6 week run of ordinary shows would be welcome though even once in the year. But it's certainly not as bad as some make out, from my point of view.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,717 ✭✭✭lertsnim

It's stale.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,435 ✭✭✭wandatowell

Alun wrote: »
    Bring back Joe Wilkinson, all is forgiven.

That fella is an absolute fcuking weirdo.

Love the guy.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,785 ✭✭✭jcsoulinger

It's dropped off alot since it first aired, but I can't think of show in that general format that I'd rather watch, any suggestions?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,534 ✭✭✭KKkitty

It's dropped off alot since it first aired, but I can't think of show in that general format that I'd rather watch, any suggestions?

More4 showed one of the early ones a while back. Back when it was just Sean versus Jon. No celeb guests and it was way funnier.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,785 ✭✭✭jcsoulinger

KKkitty wrote: »
    More4 showed one of the early ones a while back. Back when it was just Sean versus Jon. No celeb guests and it was way funnier.

So your saying the best alternative to eoftcdc is to watch an early episode of it.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,534 ✭✭✭KKkitty

So your saying the best alternative to eoftcdc is to watch an early episode of it.

If you want to I suppose. It's too gimmicky now. The mascots are hit and miss. Joe Wilkinson every episode is too much. Maybe sporadic appearances. The last 3 guests in dictionary corner were boring. I know it's probably scripted to the last but I kinda wish it wasn't. I'd love to see them being naturally funny.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,818 ✭✭✭fussyonion

I cannot stand Jon Richardson.
    He's so smug and I want someone to come on who's better than him and beat him in every round.

• Registered Users Posts: 305 ✭✭starshine1234

I was a big fan of 8 of 10 cats, but the countdown stuff has gone on for far too long.

What was wrong with the original topical news show?
    It allowed for different subject matter each week, making jokes about what news stories were in the news that week.
    The original 8 of 10 cats was similar to, and could compete with, Mock the Week

This countdown thing is the same jokes week after week. It was boring three seasons ago.

Jimmy Carr is a very funny man but he's way over-exposed on C4.

• Advertisement

New episode tonight at 9pm on Channel 4 with the excellent Joe Lycett.

Advertisement