Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

'8 Out of 10 Cats Does Countdown' gets full series..

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,508 ✭✭✭ShazGV

I found Joe very hit & miss. Some nights he was hilarious, some nights he just slowed the show down.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,622 ✭✭✭Ruu

Didn't make me feel very good watching Sean eat all those whelks! :/

Not enough Miles Jupp, was fairly quiet.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,812 ✭✭✭Addle

Ruu wrote: »

Not enough Miles Jupp, was fairly quiet.

He always seems to enjoy himself anyways.

Just watching this now on More4. Rachel Riley crushing on Bill Bailey is fabulous.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,812 ✭✭✭thelad95

I'm so glad Joe Wilkinson is gone. He added nothing to the show. In saying that, I'd love to see him as a guest in dictionary corner.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 73,382 ✭✭✭✭colm_mcm

Glad to see Joe wilkinson gone, they all seem to think he's hilarious, and while occasionally he is - he's mostly annoying.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,395 ✭✭✭nc19

Will Katherine Ryan actually be funny tonight or sit there with a face like a slapped arse as usual. Always looks like she is doing a show a favour being there, as unfunny a comedian as I've seen recently. Not a fan (in case I was being too subtle). Rob Beckett is usually pretty funny though, so not a write off.

Couple of redeeming features though...

• Registered Users Posts: 18,503 ✭✭✭✭Also Starring LeVar Burton

Was pretty crap tonight - I don't really get the appeal of Alex Horne and his troop, and with Jon not there this week I wasn't expecting it to be good. Vic Reeves and Sara Pascoe aren't the most entertaining guests either.

Credit where credit is due though, that last part with the 9-letter and the conundrum from Lee was very good.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,622 ✭✭✭Ruu

Dont think that picnic hamper was meant to stop like that. :) Looks like Lee Mack is there next week as well.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,785 ✭✭✭jcsoulinger

Really love this show and recent episodes have been really good, Greg Davies being a highlight but last nights episode was fairly tame in comparison.

Am I the only one who wonders how Sara Pascoe is a comedian? And she's been on twice in the last few weeks.

• Advertisement

Fridays line-up has Sean Locke joined by Seann Walsh, who is a regular captain on E4 panel quizshow Virtually Famous...

Jon Richardson is still away unfortunately, but this week's guest captain is someone else who's been missing all season, Joe Wilkinson, who will be joined by EastEnd Geezer, Danny Dyer...

And rounding off the crew is Bill Bailey in Dictionary Corner...

Has the makings of a decent episode. Joe Wilkinson is definitely the weak link, but when he's on form he is great and will be interesting to see him actually play the game for a change.

• Registered Users Posts: 43,774 ✭✭✭✭Basq

David O Doherty's "Short Legs" song was the highlight in the most recent episode..

• Registered Users Posts: 5,651 ✭✭✭Whatsisname

Basq wrote: »
    David O Doherty's "Short Legs" song was the highlight in the most recent episode..

Him doing the "higher or lower?" for the numbers round was hilarious.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,869 ✭✭✭✭Thargor

Oh God I dont think Ill be able to take a whole ep of Joe Wilkinson. Wonder if Paddy Power will give me odds on him giving a word that has nothing to do with the letters on the board? :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 13,845 ✭✭✭✭somesoldiers

Thargor wrote: »
    Oh God I dont think Ill be able to take a whole ep of Joe Wilkinson. Wonder if Paddy Power will give me odds on him giving a word that has nothing to do with the letters on the board? :rolleyes:

I stopped watching this because he just annoyed me with his "hilarious" antics every week, it looked like Rachel was fed up with him too very early on. is it save to get back in to it yet or is he worse as a team member?

• Registered Users Posts: 9,717 ✭✭✭lertsnim

He can't be worse than Sarah "I have a boyfriend" Millican. I found myself turning off before the end the last two weeks.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,651 ✭✭✭Whatsisname

Looking forward to seeing Danny Dyer on again, he was great the last time. When is Jon Richardson back? and where is he anyway?

• Registered Users Posts: 31,817 ✭✭✭✭Mars Bar

Looking forward to seeing Danny Dyer on again, he was great the last time. When is Jon Richardson back? and where is he anyway?

I think he is on his honeymoon.

Google says he went on honeymoon in April so maybe not.

• Registered Users Posts: 25,005 ✭✭✭✭Toto Wolfcastle

All those shows were probably recorded around the same time so he possibly was on his honeymoon.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,078 ✭✭✭the whole year inn

Thargor wrote: »

Everyone on the show does that at one time or another,John Richardson does it every round.

I like Joe,nice to see what he can do from the other side of table.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,006 ✭✭✭_Tombstone_

Great show ruined by sh1t guests...nearly every week.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,444 ✭✭✭✭Skid X

When the writers thought "let's get Jimmy to do a little sketch for 30 seconds while the contestants are playing the game", I wonder if they realised the show would still be going after 41 episodes!

It must be getting harder to come up with ideas, there must have been hundreds of those fimed by now. A bit like The Simpsons couch gags.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,812 ✭✭✭Addle

Skid X wrote: »
    When the writers thought "let's get Jimmy to do a little sketch for 30 seconds while the contestants are playing the game", I wonder if they realised the show would still be going after 41 episodes!

It must be getting harder to come up with ideas, there must have been hundreds of those fimed by now. A bit like The Simpsons couch gags.
    I don't think it'd be any loss if they were ditched.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,800 ✭✭✭take everything

Sean Lock is one of the most naturally funny comedians out there. He's one comedian I'd love to have a few drinks with.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,304 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Prodston

Sean Lock is one of the most naturally funny comedians out there. He's one comedian I'd love to have a few drinks with.

You get by without Jon Richardson but without Sean Lock it wouldn't work. I absolutely love him.

I was on the verge of tears of laughter a few weeks back when he was eating the whelks. Sure they probably planned it but I laughed so much.

You get by without Jon Richardson but without Sean Lock it wouldn't work. I absolutely love him.

I was on the verge of tears of laughter a few weeks back when he was eating the whelks. Sure they probably planned it but I laughed so much.

One of the reasons I love him is the understated intelligence that underlies his humour.
    And his flights of whimsy can be inspired.

Skid X wrote: »

I find them distracting when I'm trying to come up with a word...

Was reading the thread wondering why all the hate for Joe Wilkinson thinking ye were talkin about Jon Richardson (confused the two names).
    Jon's great.
    I agree Joe Wilkinson can be very hit and miss. And very different pace to his segments.
    I can see why he isn't missed.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 35,514 ✭✭✭✭efb

Wilkinson on tonight urgh

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 43,774 ✭✭✭✭Basq

Have to say I'm really missing the normal 8 Out Of 10 Cats now..

Advertisement