Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

March 2014 Babies Club

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,948 ✭✭✭Sligo1

cyning wrote: »
    I thought tuna was ok in moderation? 1-2 times a week? Or has that changed again?

It's ok once in a while. Not as much as 1-2 servings a week tho. I think more like once every so often. I could be wrong tho and Gosh of I could have it once or twice a week I'd be jumping for joy!!! Please prove me wrong!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,449 ✭✭✭✭pwurple

I thought tuna was ok in moderation? 1-2 times a week? Or has that changed again?

Mercury content too high I thought, fish who eat other fish accumulate mercury. Quick good of teh NHS website says 140g of tune a week is ok.

Woohoo! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,251 ✭✭✭cyning

A small tin of tuna is 80g so 1-2 times a week sounds just about right. Not twice a week every week though! A tin would do me and C for lunch but then I don't eat huge amounts of it: just didn't want another food I can't have.... What I need now is a pasteurised goats cheese ;)

A small tin of tuna is 80g so 1-2 times a week sounds just about right. Not twice a week every week though! A tin would do me and C for lunch but then I don't eat huge amounts of it: just didn't want another food I can't have.... What I need now is a pasteurised goats cheese ;)

I'm gonna have the biggest tuna roll with a load of mayo tomorrow!!! Thanks guys! Ye rock! Delighted isn't the word!!!!! :-)

• Registered Users Posts: 92 ✭✭firsttimemammy

Good to know!! Thanks guys!! :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 324 ✭✭LH2013

I love tuna :) Have cut down to once a week .... It was tough ha ha I am craving proper dinners like bacon and cabbage , shepards pie :) driving OH mad lol

• Registered Users Posts: 1,816 ✭✭✭Suucee

LH2013 wrote: »
    I love tuna :) Have cut down to once a week .... It was tough ha ha I am craving proper dinners like bacon and cabbage , shepards pie :) driving OH mad lol

Ha ha I had a mad craving for bacon and cabbage yesterday. Hadn't had it in ages. It was yum.
    I cant stand tuna so at least that doesn't bother me.

Suucee wrote: »
    Ha ha I had a mad craving for bacon and cabbage yesterday. Hadn't had it in ages. It was yum.
    I cant stand tuna so at least that doesn't bother me.

It was all I wanted .... Forced OH to cook it for me when I was sick ha ha

LH2013 wrote: »
    It was all I wanted .... Forced OH to cook it for me when I was sick ha ha

I wish my OH could cook!!

All I'm craving is junk still. I think it's the salt or something.

I never eat take aways... I hate the smell ,everything. I think the last time I even had a big mac was about 20 years ago. But I really want one now. All that fake plastic cheese. So yuck, but so yum. What's wrong with me!

Had very healthy dinner of homemade fish pie with seaweed and samphire, with some nice fresh juice. Can't stop thinking about the evil bigmac still.

• Advertisement

Sligo1 wrote: »

Its so handy at the moment if I am honest !! I am useless these days !

Oh im the same. he is useless. was doing scramble egg for tea yesterday as I was having a lie down on the couch and he made such a mess of it. It was more like an omelette . I though he had put something in to it but it was little black burnt bits. Into the bin that went while I made up a fresh batch and he burnt the toast (blaming the toaster)

He does make gorgeous eggy bread though. I cant understand how he cant scramble egg.

I think baby brain has kicked in. Mind you it I don't think it went after having LO. I went to the shop this morning for cheese (thanks cyning) and tayto. Couldn't decided if I wanted a cheese toasty or tayto sandwich so was going to get both.
    Anyway came home with milk, bread, bin tag and buns. Only when I sat down after putting LO for nap I remembered what I wanted and couldn't go back as LO was in bed. Didn't need any of those things except the bin tag.
    Had to resort to ham sandwich but the buns were nice.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,251 ✭✭✭cyning

Hubby is a much much better cook than me.... Then again as a chef he'd want to be ;)

Sorry Succee think of the calcium in the cheese being good for baby though! C was eating my cheese off my plate today and I had an awful irrational it's my cheese thought: she had her own but obviously mine was nicer!

I went to butchers today and nearly puked on floor because it smelled of... Wait for it... Meat. Imagine a butchers smelling of meat. Had to walk out the food in the middle of being served and then come back in and apologise! Mortified :)

Sorry Succee think of the calcium in the cheese being good for baby though! C was eating my cheese off my plate today and I had an awful irrational it's my cheese thought: she had her own but obviously mine was nicer!

Ha I never got the cheese after. Will be on my to do list tomorrow morning. Although Ill probably forget.
    Oh the smells are a killer. My local shop is also a petrol station and the smell of petrol is a killer.
    Also dirty nappies seem to be my major down fall at the moment. Pawning LO off her nan or dad if either are about and she is dirty. I retch every time and have to try prevent myself from being sick while changing her.

Oh the smells. Had a meeting today with a guy who was a smoker. He had just come back in form smoking break, and then had to stand next to me going through drawings. Yeuch. Tried not to breathe in his direction. Then he took out the mints.

Minty smoke. Even worse somehow.

Scan went well today. Baba had the hicups. Leaping away in there. Everything else good.back to work tomorro so im going to miss my usual rest that ive been having while LO naps. Ah well at least ive only 3 days this week to ease back in to it.

• Registered Users Posts: 831 ✭✭✭polydactyl

Second scan today and thankfully all well. Scan dates 12+2. Baby also leaping about and had massive hands :) another scan in 2 weeks just because then everyone will be very reassured... Prob daft but hey I won't turn it down :)

• Registered Users Posts: 92 ✭✭firsttimemammy

Oh, you lucky things having scans done. So glad to hear everything is well and that babies are active!

I had a check-up with my GP today. He just checked BP, temp and urine and we had a general chit-chat.

I'm waiting for a date for my next scan in the next couple of weeks. Can't wait to see a bit more of our little one!

Woohoo, scan done. 13+2. Baby was waving and kicking and moving like a mad yoke. So nice to see. Think we will start telling people from tomorrow. :)

pwurple wrote: »
    Woohoo, scan done. 13+2. Baby was waving and kicking and moving like a mad yoke. So nice to see. Think we will start telling people from tomorrow. :)

Pwurple what date are you due? Coz going by my LMP in 13 +2 aswell! I'm die march 17th. Getting my scan tomorrow so we'll see how acurate it is :-)

Delighted everyone's scans are going well! X

• Advertisement

Pwurple what date are you due? Coz going by my LMP in 13 +2 aswell! I'm die march 17th. Getting my scan tomorrow so we'll see how acurate it is :-)

Delighted everyone's scans are going well! X

They told me 10th of march today.

pwurple wrote: »
    They told me 10th of march today.

Do they work that due date out by your LMP or by the size indicated on the scan? Maybe Im due earlier.....

Do they work that due date out by your LMP or by the size indicated on the scan? Maybe Im due earlier.....

Scan. My lmp is meaningless... I have v long cycles... 35-40 days. Lmp has me due in feb.

My edd has changed from 16 to 21 but havent had my hospital appointment yet so god only knows whatvway the consultant will date me.
    So 12 weeks tomorrow. Started telling people today as all good and dont think can had the swollen belly any longer.
    A collegue in work has some android app based on some sort of chinease thing and checked based on the month of conception and my age she has predicted ill be having a girl. My mums convinced its a boy as its a completly different pregnancy.
    Me. It would be nice to have one of each but if its a girl my lo will have a friend for life and i wont have anything to buy.
    Once it healthy im happy.

I'm thinking the exact same suucee. Would love a girl... But would be delighted with a boy and will be a great friend for number 1 and nothing more to buy!

Anyone thought of any names yet???? I know it early days. But I can't help it! :-). I was thinking either Sophia or Lily for a girl. I love Lily. Thinking of that name since before I conceived. I like Sophia/sophie aswell tho.

Ha ha Lily or katie was my name for A but shr didnt look like either. Still love it. And may use either this time. Love names that csnt be shortened. Im ragin though that they called the baby lily in corrie. Grrrr.
    Also love Sophie but OH not so keen as knows a little girl named sophie and always links the name with her.
    Just cant think of boys names. We will find out tge gender. Did the last time also so will be able to think more then. Dylan and billy were names we had in mind first time .
    Also like Ruby. Heard it recently and it just stuck.

Yea I love Lily... But corrie ruined it a bit for me. If we have a girl and call her Lily I hope people won't be asking me... 'Did you think of that because of corrie'... I think I'd go mad! But I wouldn't not name her Lily because of it either. You're right in that we'll have to see why he/she looks like tho as it might not suit. Dylan and Billy are lovely. We have to think of boys names yet. I kinda like Jamie... But not sure. It wouldn't be short for James. I really can't think of boys names... Me and hubby need to get thinking caps on.

Yea we have girls names on the brain from LO. Alot of our family know that A could have been Lily so mighten be too bad. I just dont like david platt ha ha. Awh jamie is so cute .
    So are any of you going to find out the gender. We had 3d scan with A and cant wait until 20 weeks to have one and find out.

Yep we gonna find out. Mum telling me not too and have it a surprise... But Im terrible at waiting for surprises... And I think I like to prepare mentally for it all. I think it nearly helps me realise I'm actually having a baby aswell :-)

• Advertisement

I was surprised the midwife asked us at the clinic if we wanted to find out the gender at the next scan. I didn't even think they did that on public. Maybe they do? I hope they do. Would love to find out (although we wouldn't tell people). Makes it easier for me to visualise, and the Daddy. i Think my husband still hasn't registered that there is a baby on the way. He was trrying to book a holiday abroad overlapping with the due date last week... Forgot apparantly. I guess it's not in his face yet.

Advertisement