Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

March 2014 Babies Club

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,816 ✭✭✭Suucee

cyning wrote: »
    I have another scan Tues, really nervous for some reason. I should be 11 weeks so hopefully they don't mess around with my dates.

Good look tomorrow.

• Registered Users Posts: 831 ✭✭✭polydactyl

Just had my booking visit and first scan! All good thank god and only 1 :) by my dates I am 8+5 scan dates 9+3. Consultant feels we should go by scan as was only off pill 1m when conceived. Another appt in 3 weeks all going well :)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,251 ✭✭✭cyning

Had scan today, so they've put back my dates from 5th March until 14th so 9w4d not 11w. Because I shouldn't go over my due date, due dates are very important but I'm happy that they are ok. Next appt in 12 weeks and booked in for GTT in Dec too.

Baby and me are good which is main thing :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,449 ✭✭✭✭pwurple

Delighted to hear all went well with scans!

• Registered Users Posts: 324 ✭✭LH2013

Aww delighted ye all got on well !!! Just told my parents ! They are so excited !

• Advertisement

Glad the scans went well today.

Oh i loved telling people first time. Cant wait to tell more. Most our familes know and telling them was difficult as it was when we had the ectopic scare. So looking forward to telling people now it being all exciting again.
    Only 3 more weeks until 12 weeks. :-)

Suucee wrote: »
    Glad the scans went well today.

Oh i loved telling people first time. Cant wait to tell more. Most our familes know and telling them was difficult as it was when we had the ectopic scare. So looking forward to telling people now it being all exciting again.
    Only 3 more weeks until 12 weeks. :-)

It was cool to see their reaction I had a card made up saying on the outside .. Will you be ..... And on the inside ... Grandparents ( I am pregnant ) we aren't telling alot of people until we have scan at 12 weeks luckily I am not too sick yet so I am hiding it well enough... I think ha ha

Ive got a tshirt for LO which says best big sister. That was how we had planned to tell parents but it wil do to tell others.
    Ive noticed trousers getting tight already and i can already see my tummy swelling up.
    I know im a little bloated though.
    Last time i was well on before i started to show but i was so sick i was losing weight instead of gaining any. This time im not sick and starving so eating all around me.

My work trousers are starting to get a bit snug ;) I defo think I am looking pregnant but mybOH half says its my imagination ha ha

• Registered Users Posts: 3,251 ✭✭✭cyning

I've lost weight too and bellys bloated so I can imagine ill definitely show earlier this time. I was around 20 weeks last time!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 92 ✭✭firsttimemammy

Great news about the scans ladies! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 282 ✭✭Siipina

Hi, just found out last week, thought would be stress :-)
    Went today to the GP and I ll see wen my scan will be up, due date is the 29.03. so 8 weeks gone.
    Its absolutely welcome only problem is I start a new job next Monday and I dont think they will be very happy. My plan is to keep it down as log as possible.
    But I am delighted about it anyway had a miscarriage last December so I dont care much about job :-)

• Registered Users Posts: 106 ✭✭central

Hi ladies,

Quick random question for you. This is my first pregnancy and while I have been googling and reading "What to Expect" I can't seem to find the answer to my question.

Question is: My skin has had a massive breakout since I got pregnant, more so over past 3 weeks (I am almost 9 weeks gone). I have never had bad skin in my life and I am finding it very hard to deal with. It's making me very conscious and I'm normally a very confident person. I don't like wearing makeup too much and when I do it's very little. I am drinking lots of water but nothing is helping. Any suggestions on how to cover it, how long it will last??

Thanks

central wrote: »
    Hi ladies,

Quick random question for you. This is my first pregnancy and while I have been googling and reading "What to Expect" I can't seem to find the answer to my question.

Question is: My skin has had a massive breakout since I got pregnant, more so over past 3 weeks (I am almost 9 weeks gone). I have never had bad skin in my life and I am finding it very hard to deal with. It's making me very conscious and I'm normally a very confident person. I don't like wearing makeup too much and when I do it's very little. I am drinking lots of water but nothing is helping. Any suggestions on how to cover it, how long it will last??

Thanks
    I have this as well .. Seems to be dying down this week though ! I use concealer on mine

I had this first time around and found an aloe vera gel helped alot. I got it bad but always had spots as a teenager so it was no surprise. It helped heal them.

Having a not so good day today. Wretchin alot andvuts very acidy. Kinda burning my throat. And back very sore. Now paining me down in to my left butt cheek and pubic bone area. Was climbing in to the car earlier and god the pain i got. Hoping this eases off . It wasnt this bad at all first time.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,773 ✭✭✭Synyster Shadow

Yeah second time seems to be a lot different all round for me, back pain is killing something awful. Hard to carry DS

Such a bad headache tonight .... Could cry .. Feeling so sorry for myself :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,948 ✭✭✭Sligo1

LH2013 wrote: »
    Such a bad headache tonight .... Could cry .. Feeling so sorry for myself :(

Run yourself a bath and put loadsa bubbles in! Then enter and relax for a half hour before getting into your comfiest night robe and relax for the rest of the night! If ur other half is there a back rub might be a bonus!!! Try it!! You will feel better :-)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,948 ✭✭✭Sligo1

I've just eaten so much I'm fit to pop! I've eaten 3 takeaways in the last 3 nights! Which is very unlike me. My tummy looks like I'm showing already (at 10 weeks hah!). Think I've put on at least half a stone already. One good thing tho... My boobs have come back!!! Yay! I lost them after my last pregnancy and breastfeeding when I lost a hell of a lot of weight... But they r back now with a vengeance!!! Lol

• Registered Users Posts: 166,026 ✭✭✭✭LegacyUser

Hi, which maternity hospital in Dublin would you recommend? I am considering Halls street, but not sure if I should go public or semi private, have aviva level 2 hospital cover. I would appreciate your advice. I am due in April, but posting here as it seems busy here, hope you don't mind.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4 Tanya76

Hi, which maternity hospital in Dublin would you recommend? I am considering Halls street, but not sure if I should go public or semi private, have aviva level 2 hospital cover. I would appreciate your advice. I am due in April, but posting here as it seems busy here, hope you don't mind.

Sligo1 wrote: »
    I've just eaten so much I'm fit to pop! I've eaten 3 takeaways in the last 3 nights! Which is very unlike me. My tummy looks like I'm showing already (at 10 weeks hah!). Think I've put on at least half a stone already. One good thing tho... My boobs have come back!!! Yay! I lost them after my last pregnancy and breastfeeding when I lost a hell of a lot of weight... But they r back now with a vengeance!!! Lol

Hunger is getting me too Sligo1. Starving constantly. Nearly 2kg on already, looks like mostly on the boobs! Popping out of my tops. Got up at 4am last night and ate a whole dinner I had in the fridge. Was ravenous. Starving now again, even though had two dinners today as well. Water is not holding it at bay. Tummy rumbling away. I'm going to be a bloody hippo at this rate.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,016 ✭✭✭lilmissprincess

Stupid cramps in lower abdomen and upper thighs woke me up just as I was drifting off. This isn't funny anymore. To the extent of taking paracetamol for them, and I don't like taking pain meds if I don't have to :/

Work is going to be fun tomorrow.

Welcome and Congrats Siipina!!!

I've been missing a few days as I was on holidays from work and not really online much.

We had our scan on Friday. Turns out there was a typo on my GP referral letter and he had put my last period as March rather than June so the hospital thought I was much further on that I actually am!!

They did a scan, even though Bubs is literally the size of a raspberry, and we were able to see the heartbeat flickering away. It really made it all so real!! :D The other bonus is that because I was so early on last week they want me back again at 12/13 weeks so we get another scan!

I've also signed off for the Mid-Wife Led Unit. Booked for my first appointment there in early December!!

I am soooo hungry all the time .. Too afraid to weigh myself ha ha - not feeling to bad today just wrecked !!!!!!! Pains all over though - nothing serious lol felt flutters yesterday .. Was soooo weird !!

Yea also very hungry, and I read somewhere (maybe here) that s&v crisps help with nausea so decided to try them. I'm not sick much just the odd day but cant get very nauseous and retching . So decided to try the crisps as tried everything else and they actually helped. But not good eating crisps every day. They've kinda become a bit of a craving.
    Oh and hot chocolate with marshmallows and chopped buttons on top. (turned my stomach afterwards though)

Funny you say about felling flutters. I thought I felt something a few times over the past few days but thought it was a little early but don't think its anything else.
    Last time I was closer to 20 weeks when I felt any kind of movement. But saying that last time I was sick, put on hardly any weight in the first 4 or 5 months and hardly looked pregnant. This time at nearly 10 weeks, Ive been sick maybe 4 or 5 days max, im eating like a horse, trousers are already tightening and ive a noticeable bump/swelled stomach.

Im also sooooo tired. Not really sleeping well at all with my back at me. Every time I move I wake and every time OH moves I wake. He got up with LO sat and sun morning so felt loads better yesterday and today even though was up for the day at 6.30. Managed to have a rest for about 15 mins on the bed when came home from work at around 3 while she played in her room and then dragged myself up and went to the park.
    The walk really helped. Fresh air for us both and my back is not as bad as it usually is in the evening. Hoping I sleep better tonight after it. I forgot how good a nice walk can be. Havent managed to get out in ages between feeling wrecked and the bad weather but need to remember how good it can make me feel.
    Will be needing to hit the bed soon though.

Also still no sign of any letters from hospital confirming first appointment or maternity care or anything. Has everyone else got theres yet.
    Seems to have been a bit of a delay after the EPU, not too worried as back to GP on 4th sept for scan anyway.

I agree on the fresh air & walking thing Suucee. I know it's hard to find the time & when you're feeling rotten it's the last thing you feel like doing but it definitely helps!!

I have my letters for follow up scans, but only because I went down to appointments after EPU and asked for it I think. Everything in the post has been dog late.

Just back at my desk... someone said yesterday, how come you are always the person who wants to go to lunch early. (unable to say, because I am constantly starving!)

REALLY want to go for lunch now, can't think about anything else. But waiting for some poxy other person to suggest it. ARG. They get 3 minutes.

• Advertisement

pwurple wrote: »
    Just back at my desk... someone said yesterday, how come you are always the person who wants to go to lunch early. (unable to say, because I am constantly starving!)

REALLY want to go for lunch now, can't think about anything else. But waiting for some poxy other person to suggest it. ARG. They get 3 minutes.

lol Pwurple. Did you cave in the end? Or did someone else suggest lunch first?

Have to say, when I'm that hungry, it wouldn't bother me what people said - I'd be gone for lunch!!! lol

Advertisement