Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

March 2014 Babies Club

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,449 ✭✭✭✭pwurple

I caved!

BUT, planned ahead for today. Stash of apples and pears at my desk now. (... yes, ok... and hula hoops, bold me!)

Was up again at 4am making myself a sandwich last night though. I was never like this before. Hope it eases off soon.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,816 ✭✭✭Suucee

I have to say im not too bad with hunger now, It has eased a bit. But tiredness is terible, Im in bed for 9.30 every night reading and probably asleep by 10. Waking up to wee is driving me demented though.
    Im sitting on the couch now banjacksed. Dinner needs to go on, clothes need to be sorted dish washer needs emptying and i dont want to move.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,948 ✭✭✭Sligo1

I have literally done no house work or washing in a month!! And like u pwurple... I'm always so hungry! Now it's not even to quell the nausea... It's to quell my appetite that is neeeever satisfied! Managed to brave the scales last night and have put on a half stone (bout 3kg). But good news is.... On Monday I'll officially be 12 weeks!!!! Yippee!!!!! Nearly onto our second stage ladies!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,251 ✭✭✭cyning

Cucumber. I could have shares in a cucumber company at this stage. I'm eating 1 a day at least. And cherry tomatoes from my in laws greenhouse: Yum. Oh and their cucumbers too but they don't have enough cucumbers to keep me in 1 a day!!

Well that and carmellos and wispa gold and Moros. Nummy.

And curry with rice and copious amounts of cheese. And again cucumber: Cucumber and curry is delicious!

I'm food obsessed. In between the bad vomiting days :)

Friday week I'm 12 weeks: cannot wait. I know a few of the girls must think I'm an awful person lately I keep cancelling plans at the last minute, or avoid making them altogether. Can't wait to tell them :)

Im not 12 weeks until tomorrow 2 weeks. But its still all a bit messy with my dates gp gave me different date than epu. I have a scan with gp on 4th sept so will probably reveal all then. I noticed today in work that i really do have a noticeable bump. No way i can hide it much longer.

Cyning you have me craving chocolate now. OH just made me a hot choc and gone to the shop to get me something nice. MMMM. Hope he hurrys.

Typically just after i wrote that post MIL rang to ask if i would look after OH's 2 nephews for a little while so i had to force myself off the couch to get dinner on and get a few bits done.
    Back on the couch now though with all evening to relax.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 92 ✭✭firsttimemammy

I'm officially unable to entirely button any of my work trousers. The trouble is I actually don't know whether it's baby weight or all these little snacks to ease the nausea weight!! lol

I suppose there's no point stressing on it. I'm gonna put on weight no matter what I do!! lol

11 weeks today. Woohoo. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 8 MamaK

I "think" I am 11 weeks today too! Have our first scan this afternoon - so excited and scared also. After all the nausea and vomiting over the last couple of months, I am hoping it is good news. Two friends had missed miscarriages in recent months which were only picked up at this point so I am nervous. Our little guy (almost 19 months) has been sick for the last week so tiredness is unbelievable really as we've got pretty little sleep since last Friday. Last night was a bit better.

Anyway, fingers crossed!!!!

MamaK wrote: »
    I "think" I am 11 weeks today too! Have our first scan this afternoon - so excited and scared also. After all the nausea and vomiting over the last couple of months, I am hoping it is good news. Two friends had missed miscarriages in recent months which were only picked up at this point so I am nervous. Our little guy (almost 19 months) has been sick for the last week so tiredness is unbelievable really as we've got pretty little sleep since last Friday. Last night was a bit better.

Anyway, fingers crossed!!!!

Good luck MamaK. I'm sure you will be fine. Having the first scan is so exciting. Let us know how you go. :-)

Best of luck mamak

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8 MamaK

So just back from doc...despite appointment being at 14h15, didn't get to see doc until almost half five! But all good...baby is perfect size for dates and got to hear the heartbeat and see the little arms & legs waving! So thrilled! Still all emotional about it! Will go back in two weeks for another scan but doc thinks I am bang on 11 weeks so he is just being super careful. Woo hoo! Xxx

Ah, that's fantastic MamaK. Delighted for you. And so good to know you've another scan coming up so soon!!

Just climbed into bed after gettin up at 7 showering, getting LO sorted, lunches packed and LO off to naanys and in to work. Puked that much in work 3 people noticed and was ok , got me water etc. Had to cry vomiting bug and come home . Even puked in the car park on the way out while as the postman pulled up.

Ugh. LO can stay in her nannys for a few hours. Im going to have some much needed rest. And have a head ache coming on too.

Ugh hope your feeling better Succee :(

Hope you got a good rest suucee.

Thanks all, feeling loads better now. Slept 2 hours. Been sick a few times this afternoon but nothing like this morning.
    I really shouldn't complain because with LO I was sick all the time. This time I just seem to be having a bad day here or there.

• Registered Users Posts: 324 ✭✭LH2013

9 Weeks :) YAY ! Feeling pretty good today - Yesterday I was so so queasy ALL day and night ! I am so lucky though no vomiting at all !

Day and a half of it. Morning sickness is tough going at funerals. Nearly threw up in the church and the graveyard but managed to hold it together. The loss was on husband's side. Mother in law used the prayers of the faithful to list my unborn child as someone to pray for. I know she meant well, but I wasn't telling people yet, let alone a whole church full of people I don't know very well. The whole rest of the day was people congratulating me, which I found awkward as we are still so early, plus it's not quite the right situation for that. One person even said "one in, one out" pointing at the grave and my belly. Cripes.

Families. What can you do with them except smile and nod.

pwurple wrote: »
    Day and a half of it. Morning sickness is tough going at funerals. Nearly threw up in the church and the graveyard but managed to hold it together. The loss was on husband's side. Mother in law used the prayers of the faithful to list my unborn child as someone to pray for. I know she meant well, but I wasn't telling people yet, let alone a whole church full of people I don't know very well. The whole rest of the day was people congratulating me, which I found awkward as we are still so early, plus it's not quite the right situation for that. One person even said "one in, one out" pointing at the grave and my belly. Cripes.

Families. What can you do with them except smile and nod.

I would have been raging !! My MIL barely raised a smile when we told her about the baby !

O pwurple I can't imagine anything worse than an ordeal like that... And at a funeral! Ah well, like u said... When it's parents all u can do is nod and smile. Hope ur feeling a bit better.

Actually I hope everyone's feeling a little better today. I've been very lucky as have only got sick once. Feeling a lot better the last couple of weeks. I'm just reeeeeally bored and lethargic. I'm my own worst enemy tho as I don't make myself get out of the house. Anywhere I go I get really short of breath. Might have to get another inhaler. Had to go on ventolin inhaler last pregnancy when I got to 12 weeks.

12 weeks on Monday tho. Yay! Hope everyone has a nice relaxing weekend.

• Advertisement

Happy weekend all!! Compared to last weekend I'm s different person. I, too, was terribly bored & lethargic last week & also feeling very sicky! :(

This is my second day without nausea so I'm keeping fingers crossed it's behind me. I'm wondering if my nausea related to my pregnancy multi vitamin because the last few days I've been waiting to eat dinner (bigger meal) to take it instead of after a light breakfast!

Pwurple, that's terrible about the funeral announcement. Our nearest & dearest don't always think, do they? I had to get my mother to do some damage control yesterday when I found out she's been telling all & sundry about my pregnancy. I'm terrified something goes up on Facebook before I get to tell some people face to face!

My MIL telling everyone too. Driving me demented when meet OHs aunts in town and they congradulate me. But at a funeral. They dont think sometimes.
    Im not as bad today. Retching but havent got sick
    Decided to do a big clear out this morning . Wished i didnt start as was at it nearly all day and cranky teething toddler didnt help. But shesin bed now and its time to relax and tomorros my morning for a lie on. Soooo looking forward to it
    I really need to learn how to relax more. Ive gotten used to doing something all the time i cant rest and then it hits my like a brick wall. Going to have a lazy day tomorro.

Suucee wrote: »
    My MIL telling everyone too. Driving me demented when meet OHs aunts in town and they congradulate me. But at a funeral. They dont think sometimes.
    Im not as bad today. Retching but havent got sick
    Decided to do a big clear out this morning . Wished i didnt start as was at it nearly all day and cranky teething toddler didnt help. But shesin bed now and its time to relax and tomorros my morning for a lie on. Soooo looking forward to it
    I really need to learn how to relax more. Ive gotten used to doing something all the time i cant rest and then it hits my like a brick wall. Going to have a lazy day tomorro.

How on earth did you manage clear out while you're looking after LO??? TIPS PLEASE!!! Omg, I've soooo much crap and clutter to clear out but have no motivation whatsoever. Perfect time would be when my LO naps but usually I'm scared to do housework then coz he's quite a light sleeper. I would love just to have 2 completely free days so I could clear my house and do a bit of organising. I feel my heads a complete clutter because of it!

So is my mil and I haven't told some of my family yet. I know it's excitement but still. A funeral is just something else though.

I lost another 2 pounds this week :( my belly is starting to get very obvious because of it. One of my neighbours asked had I any news for her today: I told her I was off to buy a fireplace ;)

Sligo1 wrote: »
    How on earth did you manage clear out while you're looking after LO??? TIPS PLEASE!!! Omg, I've soooo much crap and clutter to clear out but have no motivation whatsoever. Perfect time would be when my LO naps but usually I'm scared to do housework then coz he's quite a light sleeper. I would love just to have 2 completely free days so I could clear my house and do a bit of organising. I feel my heads a complete clutter because of it!

To be fair OH was here also and LO is 16 months so was pottering around outside a good bit. I had OH cleaning windows and everything .
    Ended up filling a small trailer load of black bags of crap. Spare room will be next on the agenda but ill leave that for few months until we decide if it wil be baby room if if we will put them in together.

When im on my own i normally get her to "help" . Unless shes outside. She loves the outdoors. Impossible to get her in sometimes.

cyning wrote: »
    I told her I was off to buy a fireplace ;)

Hahahahahaha :pac:

Ha didnt see cynings comment until now. Brilliant.
    I weighed myself yesterday and ive put on 3kg since getting pregnant. I couldnt believe it. Still blaming the scales.
    I have a very obvious bump and its going to be hard to hide it much longer.
    Ugh. Im covered in hives seriously EVRYWHERE. I used to get really bad and would have to go on antihistomines which obviously cant now. No idea whats causing them. Ive avoided new potatoes and apples which always cause them. Think i might treat myself to new potatoes tomorrow since i have them anyway.
    Also gettin loads of mouth ulcers. Has 2 last week and when they cleared ended up getting another one in a different place. Its no pretty healed. I better not get another 1.

Oh I got horrendous mouth ulcers last time chemist gave me orabase it's my go to for mouth ulcers now its fantastic!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,773 ✭✭✭Synyster Shadow

Yep mouth ulcers and cold sores seem to appear when pregnant. I had them last time and this time

• Advertisement

I have put on 5 lbs :( for 9 weeks I have a very noticeable bump !!! Awful pains in my upper back all weekend :( so sore !

Advertisement