Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

March 2014 Babies Club

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 831 ✭✭✭polydactyl

Suucee wrote: »
    Ha didnt see cynings comment until now. Brilliant.
    I weighed myself yesterday and ive put on 3kg since getting pregnant. I couldnt believe it. Still blaming the scales.
    I have a very obvious bump and its going to be hard to hide it much longer.
    Ugh. Im covered in hives seriously EVRYWHERE. I used to get really bad and would have to go on antihistomines which obviously cant now. No idea whats causing them. Ive avoided new potatoes and apples which always cause them. Think i might treat myself to new potatoes tomorrow since i have them anyway.
    Also gettin loads of mouth ulcers. Has 2 last week and when they cleared ended up getting another one in a different place. Its no pretty healed. I better not get another 1.

Just to say many antihistamines are safe in pregnancy and infact are commonly used. Some of the anti nausea drugs for pregnancy are based on antihistamines.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,449 ✭✭✭✭pwurple

I got far more sensitive to allergens when I was pregnant the last time... Maybe you are reacting to something you don't normally react to?

Potatoes are members of the solanum family... Tomatoes and some other veg are members too. Would they be doing it?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,816 ✭✭✭Suucee

Ugh such a day. So sick again today. Grand now though. Couldn't go to work as was getting sick that much. Felt bad ringing as was only in for a half hour on fri.
    Woke up nauseous and the minute I moved I was retching and had to run. OH convinced me to eat which was pointless as got sick not even 5 mins later. He dropped LO off to my mam's for few hours so at least got to rest. I think im really over doing it, didn't rest much at all yesterday and I think that's whats making me sick.
    And back was really really bad last night. Went swimming yesterday which I thought would help but probably over done it. Could hardly get in to bed last night and woke so much during the night.
    Due in with GP next wens so will try hold out until then.
    Thanks for tips re hives. Have kind of eased now but will be heading to chemist if flares up again . Im using a nasal spray for hayfever at the moment just don't like taking anything but needs must sometimes. I think I need to try narrow it down to whats causing them. It may be all the choc im eating. Im eating a hell of a lot more than I normally would.

• Registered Users Posts: 3 Crossways

Hello and Congratulations everyone.
    I am new to boards and pregnant for first time! I'm 35 and nervous. Just sent my forms to the Coombe today going semi private.
    Not sure if I've made the right decision or not. Feeling like I'm car sick constantly. But so nervous of anything going wrong. Anyone feeling similar

• Registered Users Posts: 324 ✭✭LH2013

Crossways wrote: »
    Hello and Congratulations everyone.
    I am new to boards and pregnant for first time! I'm 35 and nervous. Just sent my forms to the Coombe today going semi private.
    Not sure if I've made the right decision or not. Feeling like I'm car sick constantly. But so nervous of anything going wrong. Anyone feeling similar

I have that car sick feeling since I found out ! Its starting to ease away now ! We are going public but I do wonder if I should have went private !

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,773 ✭✭✭Synyster Shadow

Yeah motion sickness was the best way I could explain to people how it felt. I had it from week 6 to 16 first time and only got it at week 8 this time. Not sure how long for I can hope to 12 weeks maybe I'm luckier this time.

I went public first time and I know it's not the same hospital but the private ladies I was talkin to said that they waited the same length as me and seen consultant the same length and scanned the same so they were gonna go public next time. Don't know what it's like there though

Congratulations

• Registered Users Posts: 92 ✭✭firsttimemammy

Welcome and Congratulations Crossways!!

I'm going public in Drogheda, and so far I've found the care to be great. This is also my first baby (apart from an early miscarriage a few months back) and I'm 36.

The only way I can describe how I'm feeling is like a very slight hangover - a kind of seedy feeling. I had a couple of good days over the weekend, but the nausea came back in work yesterday afternoon.

I also seem to be constantly hungry again too!!

Forgot my fruit, nut, cheese snacks at work today. Ended up at the vending machine multiple times instead. 3 packets of salt and vinegar tayto and a can of coke later... not feeling too hot. :(

8 more days til my scan. Come on scan.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 204 ✭✭Sweet_pea

Just popping in from the Dec thread.

Just wanted to say, Suucee I had terrible hives for about two weeks on and off, nearly destroyed my legs. I used Oilitum shower which eased it up and they went away. I read somewhere that it was to do with too much hormones in your system, which was and still is causing my morning sickness. It looks like you're quite sick too so could be it?

Off work with my back boo :(:( feel really ick the last few days random pains and uncomfortableness !! I am only 9 weeks !!! I cant wait for scan ... My OH thinks its twins :eek:

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,948 ✭✭✭Sligo1

Congratulations crossways! Yes I was soooo worries and anxious on my first pregnancy. I have to say I'm a good bit less anxious this time around tho (touch wood). firstimemammy hit the nail on the head for me... Feeling like I'm constantly hungover and a sorta seeda feeling. Have to say its pittering away now tho thank goodness.

Pwurple I hear ya!!! I'm still eating like a horse. God I hope it ends soon coz I'm gonna be the size of a house shortly!

So was awake all night with my back and sick twice. Had to take panadol last night and again this morning. Rang the doc and got an appointment for this afternoon thankfully and rang work again. Felt bad as haven't been in since fri and at that was only in a half hour. So just as was about to head to doc my mam rings saying shes not up to taking my LO anymore etc etc. She's always letting me down. When she rang I told her I was heading docs and she just started spouting on about herself.
    So I eventually hung up on her as was couldn't be listening to her moan.
    Got in to docs. Have kidney infection, high temp and blood pressure was up. (blood pressure prob due to my mams phone call). So off work for a week now. Feeling so crap.
    Headed back to MIL to collect LO and was telling her about my mam letting me down and ended up starting to cry. Ugh she always does this. Then guilt trips me about not seeing LO as often as MIL. I work 5 hours a day. 2 of which LO would be asleep. When I collect her ive a house and dinner to sort but my mam expects me to call down so she can see her.
    She just rang me there again and asked how I was. I told her and then she proceeded to tell me how sick she was and tired. Eh she had her only 2 and half hours yesterday and hadn't had her since last wens. My LO is very easy to mind but I think whats annoying me more is that she is moaning and complaining about herself when she know's im not well and adding more stress by needing to sort someone to mind LO.
    Seriously my family really drive me demented. SIL and MIL have looked after LO since I went back to work last Nov, SIL went back to work in June and my own Sis said she would take her but was constantly putting it off so MIL had her 5 days a week. My mam then said she would take her 2 days to give MIL a break. Rang me about 2 weeks ago with the same speech about not being able to look after her but would be annoyed about not seeing her as much. She decided to give it another go. But then rings me today (if I wasn't off work she would be supposed to have her tomorrow)
    This is probably more suited for the moan thread but im just fed up.

Ps hives have calmed a bit now thankfully. I'll look in to that stuff sweet pea if it flares up again.
    Also congrats crossways.

Oh jeez succee. Families. Has your mam some longterm illness?

My parents decided to call arnd to help us move some furniture up the stairs this evening. I had asked them for a hand at the weekend... Toddlers bedtime was the time they chose. I was hanging tired, toddler is excited by all the noise, only just settled now. Hr and half later than usual, which will mean I will be dragging her out of the bed in the morning. They mean well. They mean well. They mean well. (Keep repeating). And, the furniture is moved now. :)

Darling husband has wrecked my last nerve by inviting people calling over for food tomorrow without running it past me. Should tidy the house and prep some food this evening, (he has gone for a flaming run) but way too shattered now. Going to bed now and will leave note asking him to do it. Or they can order pizza. Mwahahaha.

Yea she has fibromyalgia. So i understand if shes not coping. My dad is there too. What annoyed me was ringing me as i was about to head to gp i told her that when i answered the phone. Then ringing this evening still moaning even after i told her how i got on in gps.
    She wanted to take LO in the first place. And then complains that MIL see's her more.
    I dont have a problem with her not taking her if shes not able. Its more the nagging about not seeing her. I try get then twice a week at least once anyway.

Oh pwurple id kill my OH if he sprung that on me. Ah you'l probably enjoy it anyway.
    At least the furniture is sorted though. 1 less thing to do at the weekend.

Thanks for responses everyone. It's great seeing that people are going through similar stuff I don't feel so bad now.
    Looking forward to dating scan waiting on the letter ! Will probably be sorry I didn't go public but we live and learn.
    Is anybody having crazy dreams??

• Registered Users Posts: 1,773 ✭✭✭Synyster Shadow

Those famous dreams there gonna be part of the whole experience. Iv woke up wanting to kill my husband from what happened in the dream. There way too real

I'm definitely remembering more of my dreams than I usually do since I got pregnant, but I wouldn't say they're crazy - just more vivid!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,251 ✭✭✭cyning

Ahh I hate pregnancy dreams! More than once I've woken up bawling :(

In hospital since Monday with my little girl. I got given a bed by the nurses this morning I was so bloody sick and had to get my mum to come in to stay with her for a few hours. Totally exhausted from it now: and she's glued to me because she had a drip in her foot until yest it's in her hand now and she wasnt allowed walk and now doesnt want to :( Hard to rest when you've a sick 13 month old.

Im so withered ! Still have pain in upper back and can not sleep :( so wrecked :(:( ten weeks though :)

LH2013 wrote: »
    Im so withered ! Still have pain in upper back and can not sleep :( so wrecked :(:( ten weeks though :)

Hopefully things will get easier and your little girl will be home soon. It must be terrible.

• Advertisement

LH2013 hope your feeling better soon. I'm also exhausted. Up 3 or 4 times a night to wee and half the time I don't really have to (bloody kidney infection) have lower back pain myself and sometimes I wake and cant move and have to try hobble to the loo. Then cant get back asleep for ages. Last night I was awake for over 2 hours in the middle of the night. Due back to doc on tues and back to work wens so hoping im feeling a bit more energetic by then.
    But haven't been sick in a few days (except a small bit yesterday but LO had a very bad teething nappy which just pushed me over the edge).
    Oh Cyning hope your poor LO is on the mend.

Re the dreams I actually woke a few nights ago thinking my waters had broke, ha i'm only 11 weeks not much waters to break. Then I thought I had wet myself or something but no was all in my head.

Hope people are feeling better.

Just wondering if the overwhelming tiredness is starting to pass for anyone yet? I think I'm nearly at 13 weeks now, scan nxt week, but still sleeping for 12 hours (with loo breaks) and napping whereever I can. Husband has taken the smallie out for the day so I can rest (bless him) and i just went for a 3 hour sleep.

pwurple wrote: »
    Hope people are feeling better.

Just wondering if the overwhelming tiredness is starting to pass for anyone yet? I think I'm nearly at 13 weeks now, scan nxt week, but still sleeping for 12 hours (with loo breaks) and napping whereever I can. Husband has taken the smallie out for the day so I can rest (bless him) and i just went for a 3 hour sleep.

I am ten weeks and I am wrecked all the time more so than in the first few weeks - though I wake at 4 every morning and can not get back to sleep ( back pain is the main reason !)

The tiredness is wearing off a bit for me.
    But I def do have to get a good nights sleep. I don't feel I need naps during the day tho. But I'm a wreck in the morning when I have to get up for LO... And it's not even early 8.30am... So I'm a lot luckier than a lot of others. I'm 13 weeks tomorrow!! :-)

Tiredness is wearing off here too. Well either that or im adjusting to not having been able to nap for the last week, and surviving on practically no sleep! I'm 12 weeks so hoping nausea goes soon too. C got out of hospital on Thursday but have to go back in in morning for bloods so fingers crossed they've improved or we have to stay in again.

Serious cravings though. Hummus and raw carrots. And cucumber still. I have 5 cucumbers sitting in my fridge eating at least 1 a day if not two! Oh and Dubliners cheese. No other cheese just Dubliners white cheddar.

I've made myself hungry again ;)

Ah ya made me hungry too. Fancy a bit of cheese myself now. But lyin in bed too lazy to move.
    Hope all goes well tomorrow.
    Tiredness not easing for me but putging that down to also waking at night. OH got up both weekend mornings so i had a lie on. Back to doc on tues for scan. So excited ill be 12 weeks thurs so should be able to see loads more this time.
    I still havent got anything at all regarding maternity care or first hospital appointment. Will mention to gp on tues.

I'm craving tuna!! Tinned tuna with Salad cream or mayo. Such a bummer. It's all I can think about! Was naughty and had a bit last week... But won't have anymore. :-( :-( :-(

Would love some tuna as well. Saw a lovely looking tuna on brown bread open sandwich at the weekend.
    Had some mackerel instead. Was pretty good.

I thought tuna was ok in moderation? 1-2 times a week? Or has that changed again?

• Advertisement

I'm just wondering the same about tuna? I hadn't got that down as something to avoid, although I haven't had much of it recently. I much prefer tinned salmon.

I told my boss today, even though I'm only 11 weeks. Had to break some other news to him so didn't see the point in going back in next week separately with the pregnancy news. He was delighted.

I reckon we'll probably have everyone else told by the weekend. I can't keep it a secret much longer!! lol

Advertisement