Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

March 2014 Babies Club

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,948 ✭✭✭Sligo1

Suucee wrote: »
    I think i only realised that today. Although my guy isnt 1 for another 2 weeks yet (just about made it in march) but came to mind today as he was born on mothers day last year .

Another 10 days till Ls bday... But suucee it seems like yesterday. And it's nearly 2 years since you started this thread! Imagine!! It's nice that our thread is still going nearly 2 years later. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,816 ✭✭✭Suucee

Yea. The thread from my daughters birth dwindled shortly after she was born. Cant believe how fast its flown.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,251 ✭✭✭cyning

My thread from when C was born is still my lifesaver: we have a Facebook group and have had meetups... It was and is great. I love that this thread is still going! Had S's first birthday party today... Hope everyone has a great day for Mother's Day:)

• Registered Users Posts: 324 ✭✭LH2013

My little man is one tomorrow :eek: The fastest year ever !!!!!! This time last year I was 26 hours into labour !!!!! I hope baby no 2 comes out quicker ;)

Oh happy birthday LH junior. My labour went from 10hrs to 4 or 5. Im not totally sure as was the night the clocks went forward lol.

What naps are the babas having now. L was still having 2 a day. 2+ hrs in morning an hr+ in afternoon. We decifed today to try change to one nap and see if it will help improve night time. He goes to bed at 7. Sleeps until between 5 and 6. We have tried making bed time later but still wakes. 6 we could deal with but 5.20 is not morning. He then goes nap 8.30 -11 ish and 2 -3 ish.
    So today he was up at 6. We kept him fairly distracted. He had a lil snooze in the sling about 10.30 when he went for walk with daddy. Then napped 11.45 -2.00. Bed then for 7. he was wrecked by bed. Hoping it helps night time a bit.

• Advertisement

Happy birthday LH jr!!! Very jealous you're having another in a few months! I would love to be expecting again but we have to put it on hold for a while now :(. This weekend I really felt the longing again and wish I could just say stuff work! But then... Well I think I'd prob regret it....

Suucee lilly is taking her nap from 1-3pm (usually) give or take a few minutes. She goes to bed at about 8pm and wakes between 7.15-7.30am. Tom wpyld always sleep till 8am (still does), but he never ever took a 2 hr nap. He always only slept 1 hr max during the day.... Sometomes 40min.

Im jealous too LH! I was induced on both mine: first labour 5 rounds of gel and 60ish hours before my waters broke on their own and then 5 hours of very intense unmanageable contractions. Second time one round of gel slept through the night waters broke on their own and just over 2 hours later she was born... I don't remember any pain though I'm sure there was some

I'm very lackadaisical with routine: so at the mo S goes to sleep after a feed about 730/8. Has another feed about ten. Sleeps until 4/5 and then cluster feeds until 7/8 in the morning. Damn reverse cycling! But naps are ten-11 ish and 3-4 ish. So probably don't take any advice from me!

S has already started the downward spiral after 12 month vax yest: very stuffed up green runny nose and difficulty feeding with it and quite irritable. In perfect form yest morn :( I'm literally praying she doesn't land in hosp!

Thanks guys ! I should add he was born after 40 hours ;) I hoping to pop this one out :P :D

He sleeps 1 1/2 to 2 hours in morning and 30 mins to an. Hour in the afternoon !

He is falling asleep by 6 pm but has broken sleep throughout the night !!

This baby hasnt come at good time work wise but whats meant to be ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,449 ✭✭✭✭pwurple

You're going to have the hands full LH, fun fun fun!

Naps are gone down the drain here with this new walking craic. She screams blue murder if you put her in a cot or into buggy. Wants to be standing up and walking. Life is so interesting for her. Got maybe two 15 minute naps again today... So nothing to speak of really. Will keep putting her down for them though, she is a bag of cats by 4pm without a daytime sleep. Hopefully won't be too much longer before the novelty of walking wears off and we get back to a snooze time. Grand at night though, does the 11 hours, so can't really complain.

Had our MMR last wk as well, another one off the checklist.

Ok ive always gone by the sleep begets sleep but i think he may be sleeping too much during tge day now. hope it improves night time. We have tried feeding him when he wakes around 5 but no joy. Also tried putting him in our bed but it seems he just wants to get up. Im hoping if he goes 7-7 then nap 12-2 . I can dream i suppose

• Advertisement

Ok ive always gone by the sleep begets sleep but i think he may be sleeping too much during tge day now. hope it improves night time. We have tried feeding him when he wakes around 5 but no joy. Also tried putting him in our bed but it seems he just wants to get up. Im hoping if he goes 7-7 then nap 12-2 . I can dream i suppose

Suucee I always thought the better he napped, the better he would sleep and night. And i would never wake tom in the morning. But then there was a time (when I was pregnant) that he would start sleeping in till maybe 8.30-9am and then he wpuldnt nap during the day (maybe 10min). And I was getting very stressed out. And i think it was yourself who advised me to maybe try waking him in the morning and see would he nap then. So now, we always always wake him at 8am. He will usually take a nap around 1pm. Back then when I started waking him at 8 (on your advice :)), he started taking a decent (30mim-1hr) nap again. And that really was a lifesaver.
    Esp cause I was pregant at the time and really wasn't coping without even a 2im break for myself. It made such a difference.

Ha i remember that actually sligo. glad it worked. Hoping something works here too. 5.20 is not a good starting point. A gets up about 8 . Shes nearly 3 so doesnt nap so its a very long day until 7pm . In fairness OH gets up most morning so he can walk the dogs (brings kids with him) but its starting to really take its toll on both of us.

Up since 5.30. OH went in gave him his soother which quitened him down for a bit. I went in again to give it again and i popped some camomile syrup on it. I havent used that in ages. Only in the begining to help with teething. Hes gone quiet now again but dont know if hes asleep or what. Ive no idea whats waking him at 5.30.

Up since 5.30. OH went in gave him his soother which quitened him down for a bit. I went in again to give it again and i popped some camomile syrup on it. I havent used that in ages. Only in the begining to help with teething. Hes gone quiet now again but dont know if hes asleep or what. Ive no idea whats waking him at 5.30.

Summertime coming?

Both mine were up as well at 6am. It's getting brighter and the birds are on the go at the crack of dawn. I've full blackouts on, but they were up anyway. I'm just sucking it up, doing some laundry in the morning and hitting bed at 9pm myself tonight.

Yea OH said the same re the birds but was still dark at 5.30. hes gona get a magpie decoy to deter them. anything for a bit of sleep. he went back to sleep after posting that until 8. I didnt though. :-(

Are you in a semi d suucee? There a while ago Tom kept waking up every morning at 7.30 screaming and wouldn't go back to sleep. Yet he wouldn't at the weekends. Took a while for me to cop on to the pattern and realise but that was the time the neighbours were obviously getting up for work and banging around (they are really noisy and it doesn't help that the sound insulation is crap). Anyways, I thought it was either them banging around or their (possible) alarm clock. As toms cot was up against the wall where neighbours bedroom also is. So I pulled his cot away from the wall into the middle of his room and hasn't had a problem since.

Yep in semi d but hes on the detachted side. His cot actually up against our wall and the window. His room is tiny though so i dont think moving will do anything but we would try amything. Will try the decoy tonight. OH reckons it will keep birds away lol.

It might make them keep their distance for a while, but they'll figure it out.

I am going to just let them get used to it. It might take a couple of weeks, but hopefully they will start to get used to the sound and don't wake for it anymore. It's only 2 weeks to the clock change as well.

Thats through pwurple but 6am was bad enough this is just a killer. then the fact he went back asleep to 8 . that was great but i couldnt get back asleep. Im going to put a HEAP of soother in the cot tonight and hope he finds one himself. he at least lasted till 12.15 for nap and is still asleep now 2hrs later so that side of things seems to be improving.
    Toddler also decided she wanted a nap today which gave me a little break too .

He napped 12.15 to 2.45. Bed at 7. Was like a bag of cats between 6 and 7. But slept until OHs alarm at 7.15. Cant believe it. Typically i was up with a bit of a cough and taking kids cough medecine at 3 tgis morning.
    Im actually afraid writing this incase i jinx it. Dont know if its the fake magpie or all the soothers. Dont care either once it keeps working

• Advertisement

Hah, Nice! Mine were both up at 6 again anyway. And I got calls from work during the night. Pfft.

That's awesome suucee

Oh no pwurple nothing worse he has had us killed. 6 has always been wake up but very rarely slept to 7 but for past 2 weeks its been 5 ish.
    Popped him in a full onsie thing and brought him outside today . Let him down bum shuffling around the garden. Garden isnt the best condition after the winter and being neglected as myself and OH havrnt had the energy so he was filthy but kept them happy and quiet. Toddler was having a great time playing with him and i got to make dinner and steam clean the buggy.
    Both gone up for a nap now too and ive dinner sorted and lunch ready.
    Time for some mammy time.
    Hes getting his 3rd hair cut this afternoon its so bloody thick its actually knotted in the mornings.

Poor little man has been so sick the last three days with virus and gastro :( he was at docs three times since yesterday with suspected dehydration :( i am literally giving him 1-2 ozs of water and dioralyte at a time ! Trying to avoid the hospital ! He is just sleeping in my arms for the last two days :(

Oh poor lil guy.
    Hope he is bettrr soon. Hope your doing ok yourself

Thanks ! Im grand just wrecked !!!

Poor little guy LH :(. Hope hes feeling better soon. Currently in Crumlin with my guy staying over. He's been diagnosed with bacterial pneumonia :(. We were waiting 10 hours in a&e before being admitted :(.

Oh LH and Sligo :( it's beyond exhausting when they are really sick like that. Hope they are better soon

Oh guys, you poor things. That gastro thing is awful.

And sligo1, 10 hours in a&e! Wtf! That's pure torture with a sick baby. Not to mind all the other bugs going around at the moment that would have been rampant in a&e. Pneumonia is no joke either, that's xrays to diagnose is it? And then iv antibiotics? They are so lethargic, it is really scary. What is crumlin like now that you are admitted?

• Advertisement

pwurple wrote: »
    Oh guys, you poor things. That gastro thing is awful.

And sligo1, 10 hours in a&e! Wtf! That's pure torture with a sick baby. Not to mind all the other bugs going around at the moment that would have been rampant in a&e. Pneumonia is no joke either, that's xrays to diagnose is it? And then iv antibiotics? They are so lethargic, it is really scary. What is crumlin like now that you are admitted?

I know pwurple, it was a nightmare!!! We were only given a triage 4 category so weren't a priority. They were so so busy. Yes the 2 were sick and they both had chest X-rays. Lilly was sent home work bronchiolitis and Tom had to be admitted.

We got a single room on the cardiology ward. I can't fault the staff. They are wonderful. And the ward is brand new which is lovely. So many very very sick babies up here. I don't feel we should be here at all in comparison. I don't know how the staff or parents do it if I'm honest. Every room has a tiny wee baby in it :(.

Advertisement