Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

March 2014 Babies Club

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,251 ✭✭✭cyning

Hey Siipina: sorry I wanted to reply yest but two sick babas meant I fell asleep with the phone on my face! Keep going to the toddler groups: I live in a small town I'm not from and they have given me some really good friends it just takes time. Also dropping your hubby to work sounds like a very good idea. Go to the playground on fine days they are great for meeting people. I hope it gets a bit easier for you x you definitely need a car in the countryside no doubt about it so glad ye are looking at that. Also our phn runs a meet a mum group it's worth looking into, and there's also a community mother scheme that might be in your area too if you ask phn they are great.

Sligo vitamin d is one of my pet loves lol! Most Irish people are deficient in it and it's very important for lots of reasons so I give it to both of mine and I take it myself.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,948 ✭✭✭Sligo1

Yes I have to admit ive been very negligent in the vitamin d department. I think I'll buy some fresh stuff tomorrow and start giving it again. I actually haven't given it for prob 5 months now! I know that's really bad :(

• Registered Users Posts: 1,816 ✭✭✭Suucee

oh i have totally forgotten the vit d for months now too. least im not the only one.

went to see a natural healer type fella (not actually sure what he was) about my toes today. im not one to really believe in it but lying in bed now and im able to bend my toes more than ive done in months. he wants me back in 3 weeks. at this stage im willing to try anything. 4 months of this now.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,449 ✭✭✭✭pwurple

Glad the feet are improving!

Both sick again cyning? Ye have had some run of it.

I'm doing the vit d, but it's when I remember in the morning scramble. So far this week I have forgotten coats, one lunch (mine), two bottles, an inhalor and all the vit d drops. And it's only bloody tuesday. Once midweek maybe I manage it. Eldest gets gummy bear vit d things... Which she demands after her dinner so that helps. I think the formula has some too?

I've got a small commute at the moment. For some reason getting up 15 mins earlier for the 15 min extra commute has not worked at all. Chaos.

I'm just after finding out LO means "loved offspring"!!!

I thought it meant "little one"! I'm never using that abbreviation again....

• Advertisement

At this stage it's just routine! S has a throat and ear infection and since yesterday is really struggling to breath when she cries fine aside from that though have a paed appt at 1115 for her though so fingers crossed she doesn't need admission. C just has a very heavy cold so it wakes her at night coughing.

Suuccee that sounds great so glad you found something to work for you x

Good luck with the paed appt cyning. Let us know how it goes.

• Registered Users Posts: 282 ✭✭Siipina

Oh totally forgot about the vit d as well. OK little offspring ( hi hi hibhibhihihihihi lol) always thought it means little one, got horrible colic from it so when I stopped breastfeeding I thought its in the formula anyway so its fine. Just had a look, there ist vit d in it. With the amount he is still drinking he really should be fine. He eats everything what he can get anyway, that includes coal and dog foot. He is standing now on his own and does the first steps on his own so i guess he needs it :-)
    Otherwise we had a look at cars yesterday. So will see. He is still not too sure. Left the house this morning the first time since Saturday and I already feel a bit better just from driving :-) See how it goes in the toddler group.

So it's almost 100% certain S needs grommets in her ears: no one in Kerry (Bons or general) will do them before 18 months which brings us to start of winter season again, so looking at getting referred to prof Fenton in Limerick who will do them about 15 months. We are back again first week of March so will refer then as too soon now. He told me to give C Zirtek to dry up her nose so she's not coughing so much with it too.

cyning wrote: »
    So it's almost 100% certain S needs grommets in her ears: no one in Kerry (Bons or general) will do them before 18 months which brings us to start of winter season again, so looking at getting referred to prof Fenton in Limerick who will do them about 15 months. We are back again first week of March so will refer then as too soon now. He told me to give C Zirtek to dry up her nose so she's not coughing so much with it too.

Do they think that could be the root of all the problems cyning?

• Advertisement

Grommets are supposed to make a massive difference for recurring infections alright, and they just fall out then in a couple of years as the ears grow isn't it? That could be a huge difference for her.

Maybe try cork as well cyning, I'm sure when we were in the bons last year there were loads of kids getting them done, but not sure what age.

No he thinks she's just one of those kids who catches everything. Allergy tests were all clear: she has another ear infection at moment too but he thinks it's clearing up. Ya that's what they do pwurple: he said that most will only do them from 18months it was in Bons in Tralee we were so I reckon if they did them in cork that's where he would have talked about sending her! I was going to start weaning her at 12 months but thinking now I might leave it it might be a comfort to her? I really do want to wean her though!

Hopefully the grommets will give her some relief cyning. Hope you find somewhere that will do them for her.

oh hopefully they work for her.

It cannot get worse anyway :)

S is standing up on her own now I love it!

Cyning A was 20 months getting her grommets. she was never really sick until 9 months when she got her first ear infection, she was then pretty ok during the summer months but started again at 16 months after she had croup (was september 2013) and she was on and off antibiotics from then on, was on them every 3ish weeks. she had the grommets fitted at 20months (jan 2014) she was just over an infection . we were in at 8am. had them done around 10am, tried to get her to snooze but no joy. let us out around 1pm, brought her home and she went for a sleep and was grand. for a few days she was very sensitive as such an improvement in her hearing. She has been sick once since that (other than her mysterious few weeks of diarrhoea)
    now she really wasnt even half as bad as poor little S has been but it made such a huge difference for her. its such a quick procedure .
    A didnt even have 10 words this time last year. she is now flying it with her speech (still a slight delay) .
    Hopefully it will make a huge difference for poor little S.

K was the first time outside with his new shoes. He still needed one hand to hild onto but he was so fast, he loved the snow. Then yesterday evening he made his first 3steps on his own. He always did one in between table or couch but this was proper walking :-) I thought it would go soon as he was always looking at the other kids walking in the toddler groups and you could really see him thinking, I want to do it as well. My peace is over now.

Wow, walking already! Good for him!

My little lady is cruising, and doing that thing in the middle of the night where I find her standing up asleep in the cot when I go to bed, or getting upset at 3am because she pulled herself up and can't lie down again.

Big rosy cheeks on her too, might be some teeth coming.

Just planning their joint birthday party now... the eldest wants to invite her entire playschool class. I'll be up to my neck in rice crispie buns in a few weeks. Where did that year go!

oh my guy no where near walking. although he loves getting you to walk around holding his hands. has my back broke.

pwurple i want to have a joint party for mine too (4 weeks between) but OH thinks as its L's first birthday we should have a seperate party . now way am i doing it twice.
    so my plan is on his birthday we will go to pet farm and have a little cake for him (just the 4 of us) then about 2 weeks later have a joint party. then on A's birthday we can go zoo or somewhere again just the 4 of us.
    hopwfully OH will come around to the idea.

L is nowhere near walking. Not even pulling herself up yet. She just started crawling last week. Omg talk about going 90! Poor T has absolutely no peace. She just bombs it after him wherever he goes and tries to take the toy he is playing with. Then a screaming session ensues between the 2 of them.

• Advertisement

Sligo1 wrote: »
    L is nowhere near walking. Not even pulling herself up yet. She just started crawling last week. Omg talk about going 90! Poor T has absolutely no peace. She just bombs it after him wherever he goes and tries to take the toy he is playing with. Then a screaming session ensues between the 2 of them.

Ha sounds like my house. Although the 2.5yr old has started to put all the toys she is playing with up on tables or the couches so he cant get them. He has even started saying "ah ah " to her constantly when she does it.
    It wont last though as L is really trying to pull himself up too . Gets right up to 1 leg but cant get the other up. He pulled himself up with A's toy kitchen earlier and before OH got to him the kitchen tipped and he fell back. First of many im sure.

It's actually gas to watch and I sit there for a minute chuckling to myself (that's the bad part of me). Then the parent part of me intervenes. "No lilly no". And I rescue the train track that now looks like the scene of a disaster. And join-in in the rebuild with my annoyed son.

I'm not sorry S isn't walking yet: C is a complete nutjob with no fear so I'm hoping S is just a bit more cautious! She's standing up on her own and walking along furniture so it's probably not far off... Sligo my two fight too. And it makes me laugh ;)

was at a soft play centre monday and lil man was sitting on the edge of tge ball pit. stood up and took a step to me.
    he is also walking around with vtech walker and today in a parent and toddler group he walked off pushing a plastic table lol.
    he still cant get to full stand from a sitting on the floor position though. can get right up to knees and on to one foot but cant get other one up. but if he is sitting and feet are lower he is up in a second.
    i actually cant wait. he might be a bit happier when he gets going.

Wow! Cute! My little lady is happily cruising, but now drags chairs around to where there are furniture gaps. The racket of it! Still eating like a horse, I'm nearly afraid to bring her to her next checkup in case she is off the charts for weight. She eats more than her older sister.

Couple more words/sounds too... she says "Oh-Wow" when she sees something new and says "bye bye" to people. Adoraballlllls.

ah "oh wow" so cute. L has huge appetite too. eats as much as his sister and she also has a huge appetite. i spend most of my days feeding and cooking sometimes.
    hes also finally sleeping 5 out of 7 nights which is great.
    he will have his 9 mnth check next week . a week before he is 11 mnths. got lost in the system somewhere.

Suucee wrote: »
    he will have his 9 mnth check next week . a week before he is 11 mnths. got lost in the system somewhere.

We've had no 9 month checkup... and she'll be 12 months in a few weeks. The GP will check her out at the vaccinations though.

S has been referred for her grommets: looking at getting them done within the next 6/8 weeks or so now I reckon: well we are going privately so hopefully. her babblings not great so I think that might help: We do have mama dada and ssshhh though!

She's a dab hand at climbing the stairs now and is almost pushing herself up to standing too. Cruising away too :)

thats great news cyning.

• Advertisement

Getting grommets done next Thursday: said it was quite urgent to get them done.. Can't believe my small lady needs a general anaesthetic before her first birthday :(

Advertisement