Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

March 2014 Babies Club

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,131 ✭✭✭RentDayBlues

cyning wrote: »
    Getting grommets done next Thursday: said it was quite urgent to get them done.. Can't believe my small lady needs a general anaesthetic before her first birthday :(

Cyning, are you sure it's ga? My little one was 22 months and she just had sedation, I stayed with her until she was under. Not that it makes it any easier for you as a parent to watch x

• Registered Users Posts: 3,251 ✭✭✭cyning

I asked was it a ga but I know S was screaming at the time so maybe I misunderstood? Oh I really hope your right!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,449 ✭✭✭✭pwurple

Next week! Oh gosh that's fantastic news cyning. That should make a massive difference to her (and you all!).

I'm just back from the GP myself, still get painful periods since the birth, and constant dull back pain, so I'm being sent off for ultrasounds this time rather than chewing my way through various brands of painkiller or going for yet another type of contraceptive pill. She thinks I've possibly developed endometriosis or possibly my old friends the cysts are back, so she wants to see if some procedure might be needed. Feels like progress anyway to get some investigation going. This hormone-related stuff is frustrating enough when everything you try takes 3-6 months to have an effect.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,948 ✭✭✭Sligo1

Cyning Hope all goes ok with the grommets! I hear they make a massive difference and hopefully S will have a lot less ear infections.

Pwurple, I hope your ok. Endometriosis is an awful condition! Prob very painful at times. :(

How's everybody going? Cyning how's little S doing after the grommets? And how r u feeling now pwurple?

I went for an internal interview at work this week and was offered a job. It's a really good promotion and will only require me to work part time. So I'm ecstatic. Me and OH had started trying for a baby this month but that is being put on hold now. I'm delighted with the promotion... But also a little sad if u know what I mean... I thought I might have another little bundle come the end of 2015....

• Advertisement

Massive congratulations Sligo: delighted for you :)
    I know what you mean I'd love another one but just can't this year... Maybe next year!
    S is ok... Her little neck is sore because that's where they sited the iv for the general anaesthetic... Her feet and hands are bruised too from trying to get in there. At least they didn't need to go into her head again. Next thing to her over is her 12 month vaccinations :)

Thanks Cyning. Poor little S. I'm sure she is getting lots of hugs and cuddles from you. I hope she's not sore for too long. Usually the spot where they insert the cannula doesn't take too long to heal so hopefully she will be feeling better soon. And I really hope the grommets help. I'm sure she will be back saying mama in no time :).

Oh sligo1 well done! That's fantastic altogether.

Cyning, Great to have gotten the op out of the way, grommets are supposed to make a big difference to people.

I womder how suuccee got on with the wedding!

All good here, just had the birthday parties for the girls yesterday. Mad house, but great fun altogether. I'm feeling much better myself, Had the scan, mild endo alright... So will do the various pill thing instead for now rather than surgery. Gosh I really feel for girls with severe endo, it must be torture altogether! Anyway, I'm a few days on it and what a difference already. Back pain is gone, less tired, less grouchy, and just feeling more like myself. Yay!

That's good pwurple, I'm glad you're feeling a bit better. Thank God it was only mild endo. I've heard severe endo can be absolutely awful!

I'd say your house was totally nuts with the 2 bdays. Lol.

O suucee totally forgot about the wedding!!! How did it all go??? I hope it all went smoothly and ye had a lovely day x

• Registered Users Posts: 1,816 ✭✭✭Suucee

ah pwurple glad your feeling bit better. cyning hope S feeling better soon. well done sligo.

wedding was great. nice and relaxed but a fab night. my sister came home from new zealand thursday morning to surprise us.

sil still ignoring us but went to reg office and to afters until 11pm and went home. never spoke to us at all. completly ignore us. but looked so bad on her. even other sil (her own sister) thought it was radiculous.

away for a few days now minus the kiddies so time to relax. getting great sleep.

• Advertisement

Oh that was fantastic Suuccee!! Congrats :) you must have been delighted to see your sis. Enjoy your few days away!

Delighted you had a nice day suucee. Enjoy your few days away :)

im sick to death of this swelling.
    when i went to the chinease healer fella it seemed like it worked but after a week was as bad as ever. he wanted me to go back as said i would need a few sessions. at €60 a session i wasnt convinved. fingers were also starting to ache but werent swollen.
    went to gp (thankfully have gp card) and she put me on a higher dose of anti inflammotories. due to the strenght i could only go on them for 2 weeks. she also reffered me to a rhuematologist again. (paid private last time but cant afford it so havw to wait for public). so those meds seemed to work great. pain was eased alot. swelling and redness was still there though. when i finished those i went back on lower dose. but fingers have been slowly getting worse. my right thumb (im right handed) is like a baloon and very sore. had to take salpadol too this morning.
    its so bad day to day tasks are really hurting me.
    this morning it killed me to tie up mine and toddlers hair. closing my bra was impossible (OH had to do it).
    totally tmi sorry but changing a tampon was so difficult.

i really dont know how im going to cope without OH whwn he goes to work.
    i will ring gp first thing tomorrow but she really doesnt know whats wrong . everyone ive seen has been so miffed by it.

Suucee wrote: »
    im sick to death of this swelling.
    when i went to the chinease healer fella it seemed like it worked but after a week was as bad as ever. he wanted me to go back as said i would need a few sessions. at €60 a session i wasnt convinved. fingers were also starting to ache but werent swollen.
    went to gp (thankfully have gp card) and she put me on a higher dose of anti inflammotories. due to the strenght i could only go on them for 2 weeks. she also reffered me to a rhuematologist again. (paid private last time but cant afford it so havw to wait for public). so those meds seemed to work great. pain was eased alot. swelling and redness was still there though. when i finished those i went back on lower dose. but fingers have been slowly getting worse. my right thumb (im right handed) is like a baloon and very sore. had to take salpadol too this morning.
    its so bad day to day tasks are really hurting me.
    this morning it killed me to tie up mine and toddlers hair. closing my bra was impossible (OH had to do it).
    totally tmi sorry but changing a tampon was so difficult.

i really dont know how im going to cope without OH whwn he goes to work.
    i will ring gp first thing tomorrow but she really doesnt know whats wrong . everyone ive seen has been so miffed by it.

Suucee so sorry to hear things are pretty horrible for you right now. Maybe you've mentioned this before... But have you been seen by a consultant rheumatologist?

yep seen a rhuematoligist. paid 150 to say i have i have dactylitis but dont know what the cause is. so he perscribed the anti inflamotories (arcoxia 90mg) been on them now since nov or dec.
    ive had bloods done, and chest and feet xrays . all clear except showing i have inflammation.

toddler also under the weather now so going to have to get her checked while im there tomorrow. hopefully i can get an appointment.

Suucee wrote: »
    yep seen a rhuematoligist. paid 150 to say i have i have dactylitis but dont know what the cause is. so he perscribed the anti inflamotories (arcoxia 90mg) been on them now since nov or dec.
    ive had bloods done, and chest and feet xrays . all clear except showing i have inflammation.

toddler also under the weather now so going to have to get her checked while im there tomorrow. hopefully i can get an appointment.

Of the rhematologist has given you a diagnosis and commenced you in anti inflams has he/she also given your follow up appointment?

There's a bloodtest for arthritis I think as well suucee... No doubt you've had it though, you've been through the mill it sounds like. And if you have health insurance, make sure to claim all these appointments back if you can.

How are all the baba's getting on? My girl took her first few steps during the week. Twas more controlled falling than anything else... A bit of a run between a chair and the wall. But she can stand unaided now as well, so her balance is getting there. Few more words, she's a right chatterbox, even though she is all mixed up with them. "Oh wow" seems to be all toys that are not "Teddy". "Hot" is anything she is not allowed touch, like the toilet or the cupboards. "Ssss" is cat, or bird, or any animal. "Cha cha" seems to be food.

Aw pwurple that's so cute! L is not nearly cruising or standing. She's still happy crawling away going 90mph. And taking Ts toys and trying to defend herself. She's attempting to say clock. She says dada, mama, nana and that's about it. I don't read to her nearly as much as I read to T at that age. T seems to still get all of the attention. Starting reading to her more lately. But she just grabs the books off me. But when I say... "L go and get a story"... She makes a beeline for the book pile :)

have had blood tests for arthritis. rheumotoligist said to take the meds for 1-2 mnths and gp would refer me again if needed. i dont have health insurance so we were hoping after first private consult he would bring me in to his public clinic but no .

L can stand on his own too but when he realises he goes to fall. he flying around on his bum stil not able to pull himself up but well able to stand when up (i think hes just too heavy) .
    he has loads of words. copies everything. always saying out. out of highchair, out of sling, out of car. and oh oh . but loads more too. its so strange hearing him with so many as A has a speech delay so didnt have half as many at his age.

Suuccee that sounds awful :( hope you don't have to wait too long for an appt.

S took her first steps at the weekend :) so thrilled by how much she's come on in the last few weeks! She's shrieking a lot less and saying yayaya mamama dadada again... And sssshhh! Can't believe she's one on Thursday...

A friend of mine had a baby last week would love another one: maybe next year!

• Advertisement

oh no still not remotely broody. . think i might want another but will prob wait until L is in preschool.
    still not totally sure though.
    cant believe our babas are going to be 1 this month. hopefully turning 1 will mean he starts sleeping the night. still not regularly sleeping through

My 2.5 year old still doesn't sleep the night through ;) I live in hope one of them will sometime soon again!

he actually slept 7 - 7.10 last night for the first time . im still in shock. sick toddler woke at 6.30 though .

I jinxed it L hasnt slept great since. Gona have him in docs today. He has gunky eyes a cough and pulking at his ears. This wil be my 3rd time in gps this week.

Gp put me on 2 week course of steroids. Im hoping they kick on. My thumb is very sore and i cant straighten it and now my index finger on other hand is getting worse . Im really struggling to do day to day things. Someone suggested i shoukd try claim for sickness benefit or disssbility and use it to put kids in a creche or childminder for a bit but i dont know. I have had my mum and sister up this week to help and had to go MILs yesterday to have help.
    I had to get OH to help me with bra again this morning.
    And i had to adjust what i had planned for dinner as just had to try do something quicker and easier.

Oh Suuccee :( I wish I had some advice for you

Suucee I really don't know what to say tbh. Sending hugs tho :(. X

Jeez, that's awful suucee. I don't know how you are managing to change nappies or dress a baby if your hands are affected. I struggle with the tiny feckin buttons myself a lot of mornings.

I don't know if you're miles from this yet, but maybe some small temporary changes could help you day to day while you get the medical stuff sorted. I've got a relative who lost the fine use of his fingers through an injury. So, laces, buttons, clasps etc are no-go. He adapted the stuff around him to avoid most help. Reduced or altered to velcro fastening shoes and coats (maybe for the kids?). Phone and computer has voice recognition running on it, so he doesn't have to type. Big grips added to cookers and other things.

Thankfull OH dresses the kids before he goes to work and ive only had to change L twice as have had someone around otherwise. Shoes are velcro close and my main ones are zip. . I have figured out how to use my other fingers alot more but you dont realise how much u need your thumb. Starting the car. Opening the car seats. Opening the buggy. putting on and off a sling. Tying up hair. Pulling a zip up on trousers.
    Im getting there though.

Ladies I can't believe its been a whole year since we had our babies! It only seems like yesterday!

• Advertisement

I think i only realised that today. Although my guy isnt 1 for another 2 weeks yet (just about made it in march) but came to mind today as he was born on mothers day last year .

Advertisement