Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

March 2014 Babies Club

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,948 ✭✭✭Sligo1

cyning wrote: »
    Same consultant each time: he's lovely but I just don't know. It's not right that she's constantly ill :( she's out in mouth ulcers and has thrush now so will be here until Wednesday at least :( and has a rash.

Cyning, definitely eggy a second opinion. Is it mainly respiratory issues? I would go to a paediatric respiratory consultant.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,251 ✭✭✭cyning

Sligo1 wrote: »
    Cyning, definitely eggy a second opinion. Is it mainly respiratory issues? I would go to a paediatric respiratory consultant.

So first pneumonia. 2nd barium for reflux. 3rd viral infection post vaccination: she was very neutropenic. 4th atypical seizure/inflammation in lungs/ choking incident. Whatever stopped her breathing and made her collapse. 5th tonsillitis/ear infection and now mouth ulcers and thrush too.

So who do you go see? She's also had a number of viral infections (especially post vaccination). Her immune system tests were all very normal; not even border line so no need to repeat. It's just so so hard to know what to do and who to see.

So first pneumonia. 2nd barium for reflux. 3rd viral infection post vaccination: she was very neutropenic. 4th atypical seizure/inflammation in lungs/ choking incident. Whatever stopped her breathing and made her collapse. 5th tonsillitis/ear infection and now mouth ulcers and thrush too.

So who do you go see? She's also had a number of viral infections (especially post vaccination). Her immune system tests were all very normal; not even border line so no need to repeat. It's just so so hard to know what to do and who to see.

Cyning although she has had many different illnesses IMO it seems the respiratory issues are the most worrying? The pneumonia and then the lung inflammation and cessation of breathing appear to be the most serious conditions omfr what you've described? I would say respiratory consultant. And then he/she can offer different referrals as they see fit for the other conditions? Were the other viral illnesses/issues more respiratory related aswell? I would hazard a guess and get straight into a respiratory consultant. And as I said they can make different referrals as necessary?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,816 ✭✭✭Suucee

How is she now cyning?
    hoping she's home and feeling better.

Still in hosp waiting to see can we go home :)

• Advertisement

Still in hosp waiting to see can we go home :)

Hope ye got home cynjng

We did I'm so glad. Completely wrecked now though

• Registered Users Posts: 282 ✭✭Siipina

Thank you all for your congratiulations. Saturday we signed the contract for the house in Knock. So the plan is to move in two weeks as MIL is over for the pre christmas visit anyway. So she can babzsit LO and we can drive up and down. Will be tough especially as LO is now in this funny age were I cant leave the room anymore or strangers are horroble. OH wanted to bring him to Santy next Saturday but I dont think its a good idea. He is terefied of strangers at the moment and then a guy in a red suit with a big white beard ..... mhhhhh dont think any of the infolved will enjoy a moment.
    WEnt to Ikea yesterday, nope that wasnt fun. So many people going nuts, stop in the middle of the aisle. Could have shot them all. Moving before christmas, Oh what a great plan.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,449 ✭✭✭✭pwurple

Moving is tough, but it will be brilliant to be in. I was just about to ask had the separation anxiety phase started for any of you? She screams blue murder if I leave her line of sight at the moment... wants to be stuck to me all the time. Even Daddy won't do. That being said, when I'm actually gone for 10 seconds, and someone else is there she's fine, but it's hard to get anything done with this phase. Heading into the utility room to stick on the washing machine is like the end of the world for her!

Lots of frustration at not moving in the direction she wants to be going as well. She can crawl backwards, rotate and shuffle a tiny bit on her bum, and roll fairly well... but can't get up from a roll to sitting or crawling position. So I'm gettting lots of indignant angry roars when she is not where she wants to be.

My lad doesnt care if i leave him but doesnt like being on his own. I can walk out and bring A to toilet and he roars but if someone else is there (anyone) he's grand.
    He's also getting so frustrated at going backwards. its not really crawling just pushing himself back when on his tummy. he is SOOO briddly he's like a slug, leaves a trail of slober . Seriously i go through about 10 or more bibs a day.

He seems to be alot better at night lately thankfully. still having 3 naps a day and 2-3 bottles (we put it in a beaker if he isnt bothered with bottle)
    He's so odd with food. some days he doesnt want to eat anything, others i cant keep him fed.
    He has 6 teeth now also.

A still having tummy problems, waiting on stool sample results, hoping to get some news soon as she is up and full of life one minute then down and grouchy and just wants to sleep .

Thankfully my feet are much better. still swollen but not as bad as they had been. finally seem to have found something that works . hoping the get completely better soon.

Siipina i cant even imagine the stress of moving, never mind with a small baby and so close to xmas. ugh the effort of just putting up the decorations. Was in a coffee shop recently and A took a ball off a tree and went to bounce it, didnt end well. thankfully L isnt moving yet really or id have no balls left on the tree.
    It really will be so worth it though when ye get it and are settled for your first xmas.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 282 ✭✭Siipina

Thank god LO is moving around well by now. He is standing and crawling and since he can crawl I dont have to walk with him that much anymore. My back is delighted about the break. On the other hand he is now always behind me, so yesterday I packed a box and he was happy to unpack it again. But at least he is through with this frustration. I drove us both mad.
    The funny thing is with the seperation anxetiy is he is grand in the morning, at the moment he is busy with the shower curtain in the bathroom, but later on no way and no daddy is not good enough. Daddy is a bit frustrated. I just pray he is a bit better in two week with his granny. She is coming over when we are moving, so she can babysit him and we drive up and down to mayo.
    Funny is when he get stuck and is winging for help. He is not crying just a winge like a dog. Maybe he spends to much time with our Dog. He is pulling himself up somewhere, like the bathtub and then he cant go somewhere. Its kind of funny. Wasnt so funny when I found him yesterday liking the tv.

Oh yep, first thing what goes over is the christmas decoration. So that I can do that soon. Cause I didnt bother to put up anything now. So no christmas mood at all.
    Suucee, hi hi I dont know why but somehow I bought a load of plastic christmas balls last year. So delighted about it now. GoTt a fake christmas tree as well. I know for sure it will be impossible to keep him away from the tree. He is mad into everything what shines. Mobiles and mobile charger and USB cabel.

• Registered Users Posts: 324 ✭✭LH2013

Siipina wrote: »
    Thank god LO is moving around well by now. He is standing and crawling and since he can crawl I dont have to walk with him that much anymore. My back is delighted about the break. On the other hand he is now always behind me, so yesterday I packed a box and he was happy to unpack it again. But at least he is through with this frustration. I drove us both mad.
    The funny thing is with the seperation anxetiy is he is grand in the morning, at the moment he is busy with the shower curtain in the bathroom, but later on no way and no daddy is not good enough. Daddy is a bit frustrated. I just pray he is a bit better in two week with his granny. She is coming over when we are moving, so she can babysit him and we drive up and down to mayo.
    Funny is when he get stuck and is winging for help. He is not crying just a winge like a dog. Maybe he spends to much time with our Dog. He is pulling himself up somewhere, like the bathtub and then he cant go somewhere. Its kind of funny. Wasnt so funny when I found him yesterday liking the tv.

Oh yep, first thing what goes over is the christmas decoration. So that I can do that soon. Cause I didnt bother to put up anything now. So no christmas mood at all.
    Suucee, hi hi I dont know why but somehow I bought a load of plastic christmas balls last year. So delighted about it now. GoTt a fake christmas tree as well. I know for sure it will be impossible to keep him away from the tree. He is mad into everything what shines. Mobiles and mobile charger and USB cabel.

How is the moving going ?!

My lil guy had his first hair cut today. He looks so much older.

Suucee wrote: »

No way! How much hair has he?!

No way! How much hair has he?!

Well it was in his eyes and down under his ears. I could curl it behind his ears (like you would with a girl) or even brush it up in to a ponytail on the top of his head (i was messing one day) but the back was still short and frizzy so just got the top trimmed and tamed.
    Its funny cause he was as bald when he was born then got loads very quick.

Suucee wrote: »

Oh my goodness! And I though my lady had loads of hair... But it is nowhere near needing a cut!

She is cracking me up with the stealthy non-crawling. I gave her big sister a biscuit yesterday for being an extra good girl... She put it down on the coffee table and went off to get herself some water to gave with it. There was a scream when she got back, the baby had crawled (backwards, she is still only reversing) and pulled herself up onto the table and robbed it. Shuffled back to her playmat and was quietly scoffing it.

I finished up work for two weeks yesterday. It is going to be awesome! Won't see a lot of husband, it is his busiest time of year, but will be superb Christmas for the girls.

Ah see with girls you can brush it to the side or something. L was just begining to look like an ould man with a comb over.

He still wont tolerate tummy time enough to move. He can move a little backwards but screams the place down in about 3 mins as he just hate it. He loves sitting and when we take off his socks he is bum shuffling a little. like your LO he goes backwards. Its so funny watching him. He looks behind to see where he is going the pushes him self back (on his bum) then stops and look behind again then another push.
    When he really tries he goes forward but he is such a screaming A nearly always gives him what he wants to shut him up.

Im so excited for Xmas too. Its A's first year of really understanding. Although she is still having tummy problems been to gp twice and a&e twice and waiting on blood results. Checking for coeliac now. fingers crossed its not. Im at the stage where i want to know whats going on with her but i dont want there to be anything wrong.

Cyning hows your lil lady doing these days. Can you believe they are 9 months (or nearly in our case).

She's ok... We had a sweat test for cystic fibrosis during the week which was thankfully clear: she has a skin tag on her bum so we have to keep an eye on it in case it gets infected. Always something with her. But that coupled with the recurrent infections meant she needed the sweat test. I'm still not right after the worry. Just thank god it was clear. And for health insurance which meant I had no wait at all.

She's starting to climb now: she climbed into the cupboard in the hall yesterday and C closed the door on her and she started to cry. Couldn't find her because I didn't think she could climb so never thought to check cupboard!

I'm really excited for Christmas :) I just cannot wait. Like a child myself!

Poor A Suuccee... Hopefully it isn't but hope you get answers too. How are you doing?

Yea im doing good now.
    Was with a pyshciatrist (sp?) About 2 weeks ago. He doesnt think i have pnd and no need for meds . Feeling pretty ok. I have a support worker who calls out just for chat . That was every week but now every second week.
    She thinks ive the bar set too high for myself and need to try relax a bit.

Physically though im still suffering with my toes. Still on the new meds which i thought were working but toes are as bad as ever since last week. Coincidently the flare up has come alongside my period but also the vomiting/diahrea bug. But im over that now and feet still pretty bad.
    Had chesr xray and more bloods and back to gp next week for results

Happy 1 st Christmas to all the March babies :)

Got an extra christmas present this year ...... I am joining the September 2015 thread :eek:

• Advertisement

Happy Christmas all! Omg LH massive massive congratulations! Soooo delighted for ye! Xxx

Sligo1 wrote: »
    Happy Christmas all! Omg LH massive massive congratulations! Soooo delighted for ye! Xxx

Thank you !!!!! Has not sunk in yet :p

LH2013 wrote: »

Got an extra christmas present this year ...... I am joining the September 2015 thread :eek:

Massive congrats!! Delighted for you!

Hope santy found everyone this morning :)

Ah congrats LH.

lovely present.

Happy christmas

• Registered Users Posts: 53 ✭✭moominn

Congratulations LH!!

LH2013 wrote: »

Wow, congratulations! Has the tiredness set in?

pwurple wrote: »
    Wow, congratulations! Has the tiredness set in?
    Well N has been up three nights straight with cough/ teething so I am not sure if I am pregnancy tired or just tired ha ha

Lil man is at the separation stage. Cant leave the room for a second or even go out of sight and he is roaring. Funniest thing though if i leave but A (2.5yrs) stays he's grand but if she leaves and i stay he roars. He's mad to get after her.
    Still not much moving. If on tummy he can move backwards a bit but gets so annoyed so that only lasts a few seconds.
    On bum he can move a little not much .
    He has started to pull him self up to stand though. not from completly flat. I was sitting on the ground with him sitting on my leg his feet were flat on the ground but bum raised and he grabbed his activity table and stood up. been doing it loads since. also if you hold him standing he will put one foot in front of the other but only taking one step.

i cant wait till he's moving or crawling but then again im dreading it. he will be in to everything.

All bloods and xrays came back clear again so just continuing meds. Ugh medical mystery .

S is furniture walking: she can climb the stairs now too: great fun altogether! How long do they reckon you'll need the tablets for?

Suuccee was it your little girl that had grommets? Doc was mentioning it as a possibility today this is S's 4th ear infection. And it's a bad one. So sick of the hospital!

• Advertisement

S is furniture walking: she can climb the stairs now too: great fun altogether! How long do they reckon you'll need the tablets for?

Suuccee was it your little girl that had grommets? Doc was mentioning it as a possibility today this is S's 4th ear infection. And it's a bad one. So sick of the hospital!

Cyning I really hope 2015 brings a better year for your little girl. I really feel terribly sorry for you guys. And it upsets me when I hear little S is in hospital yet again :(.

You too suucee... I hope 2015 brings an end to your medical mystery and you get some solutions or diagnoses at least.

Advertisement