Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Mean people

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 12,026 ✭✭✭✭ben.schlomo

cuana wrote: »
    I would normally agree but having spent sometime early afternoon in Galway recently I was actually really disappointed/shocked. I sat on a bench in Eyre Square opposite Supermacs I found it unnerving the place was filthy dirty, kids/adults groups openly drinking out of cans there behavior loud & aggressive for the first time ever in Galway city I was wary of my surroundings. I had an appointment so I made my way but couldn't but notice while walking through the city it was unkempt & again groups of people that made me feel uncomfortable. I mentioned it to a friend who still lives & works in the City its changing she too has become more wary of her surroundings.

Theres one part of Eyre Sq where a small bunch of known alcos hang around and drink, its in no way unnerving unless youve never seen a drunk in Ireland, as for the place being 'filthy dirty' I think thats rubbish, pardon the pun. The Square is regularly cleaned and tended to by wardens/city council staff, i know i work in the Square. Take a trip up when the weather is good this week and see how dirty and unnerving it is, i think you will find its nothing like you described above.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,630 ✭✭✭Zen65

eirebread wrote: »
    How does that sound?

It sounds to me just like it sounded to Ben.

I think you might not be fully sober.

Z

• Registered Users Posts: 304 ✭✭cuana

Theres one part of Eyre Sq where a small bunch of known alcos hang around and drink, its in no way unnerving unless youve never seen a drunk in Ireland, as for the place being 'filthy dirty' I think thats rubbish, pardon the pun. The Square is regularly cleaned and tended to by wardens/city council staff, i know i work in the Square. Take a trip up when the weather is good this week and see how dirty and unnerving it is, i think you will find its nothing like you described above.

I'm from Galway & know the city well including all it has to offer & naturally like everywhere the "known drunks" its the first time ever I felt unnerved & wary in my own city.

My buddy also works in the square she happened to agree with me so wouldn't think its just my imagination!

cuana wrote: »
    I'm from Galway & know the city well including all it has to offer & naturally like everywhere the "known drunks" its the first time ever I felt unnerved & wary in my own city.

My buddy also works in the square she happened to agree with me so wouldn't think its just my imagination!

I'll put it down to ye being a bit sensitive so.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 137 ✭✭eirebread

PLEASE WATCH THE VIDEO FIRST!!!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JR5ojDj-9UM

- Red guys: Scumbags
    - The Castle/ Blue's: = Galway people. The sad about this is that the scumbags already took over everyone else in the county of Galway and have moved their way up to Galway city. the other sad thing is the rest of the country was over filled with scumbags that the scumbags (rogues) had taken over so Galway is our last hope for a proper medieval and in general a decent city.

The other sad thing is our Scumbag HQ got destroyed by the catapults , the good news is that the blue's won the battle and took back over Galway county and then took back the whole of Ireland removing all SCUM. Any scum would either change to good decent people or get the hell out of Ireland.

PLEASE NOTE:
    THIS FICTION, I'M JUST TAKING THE IDEA FROM THE VIDEO GAME AND CURRENT PEOPLE'S OPINIONS ON SCUMBAGS. THIS IS NOT A FACT!

YOU MUST WATCH THE VIDEO FIRST TO GET WHAT I'M SAYING!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 304 ✭✭cuana

I'll put it down to ye being a bit sensitive so.

I wouldn't think so :D

Zen65 wrote: »
    It sounds to me just like it sounded to Ben.

I think you might not be fully sober.

Z

I don't drink much alcohol. If you are concerned about my attitude I can assure you its not any alcohol, It may be a tiny bit of happy control Maina BUT that is out of context.

Regardless to whatever I still think the scum problem is getting worse and worse.

YOU MUST WATCH THE VIDEO FIRST TO GET WHAT I'M SAYING!

. . and possibly ingest whatever you've been taking?

Z

Perhaps you have a very punchable face OP?

Certainly has a very punchable posting style

I don't drink much alcohol. If you are concerned about my attitude I can assure you its not any alcohol, It may be a tiny bit of happy control Maina BUT that is out of context.

Regardless to whatever I still think the scum problem is getting worse and worse.

I think youre getting worse and worse. And that last video post is just crazy bizarre sh1t.

• Advertisement

Zen65 wrote: »
    . . and possibly ingest whatever you've been taking?

Z
    Well I don't take drugs. full stop.

It may be, I have not been to Galway for some time.

I don't think your HQ is going to solve the problem. Maybe you should focus more on taking care of your own safety first, before trying to solve the wider problem?

Z

Well I don't take drugs. full stop.

Bleach? Glue? Youre definitely on something.

Certainly has a very punchable posting style
    This forum topic is mainly for the people of Galway discussing issues we currently have.

If your in "Dublin" (wink wink), don't worry. We should send support over there soon???

(the post may not be directed to you, but others viewing this forum may pick up on it as you in "Dublin" may be watching this thread, wink wink) I love you too just to let ya know. I love you all!!!!

Bleach? Glue? Youre definitely on something.
    My Dearest Nobel Prince,

I write to you regarding the intoxication instance, I can assure you that as of today I have not taken any drugs, I have also never bought drugs on the street or anything like that and I can assure you that.

I just feel extremely positive about the world and feel like I have time for everyone.

(Also I can just say that I'm not trying to be a smart allelic here or anything. I have acutely not taken any drugs and have never bought drugs on the street,etc, Like I can just assure everyone that lol anyway I have never done any street drugs or even MJ <-- not into any of that stuff btw. And I have not drank in a couple of months, Just saying.

I love you too just to let ya know. !!!!

Don't recall expressing love for you but what the hey...

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Regional West Moderators Posts: 59,896 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gremlinertia

I feel like i've stumbled into the twilight zone..

I too live in the city - did doorwork/security for many years here, retired now. I don't think it's become more risky than it ever was, the (questionable) revamp of eyre square did make the wino issue more visible, but the vast majority won't look at you, let alone hassle you (punchable features aside ;) )

As for other areas of the city, very little problems in the urban centre during majority of the day, bit of a pile up Saturday night outside the taxi rank/eyre square direction but not usually violent.

This thread is made of wrong

This thread is made of wrong

Wrong was about an hour ago,i feel like im half asleep and on the drugs hes on just reading his posts, might try 3d glasses and see if his posts are understandable.

I feel like i've stumbled into the twilight zone..

I too live in the city - did doorwork/security for many years here, retired now. I don't think it's become more risky than it ever was, the (questionable) revamp of eyre square did make the wino issue more visible, but the vast majority won't look at you, let alone hassle you (punchable features aside ;) )

As for other areas of the city, very little problems in the urban centre during majority of the day, bit of a pile up Saturday night outside the taxi rank/eyre square direction but not usually violent.
    Yeah I know, look in general Galway has to be the best city and calmest in Ireland, but that does not mean its becoming more and more of a scum population. What we need is a barrier, a war barrier around Galway (like a castle wall but more futuristic to keep all scumbags out.

and when I say that I don't mean it joking, like it will happen some day so why not just start work on it now?... so we can all live a happier and safer life instead of the future us

Think of the positives of doing it now:
    - It would be more stronger in the future (bonus)
    - We the living generation can live 30%-60% more happier and care free of scum.
    - Like it or not a scumbag will indeed do another major crime so like why not just start with clearing the scum now, get a bulldozer in!!!!

• Advertisement

This forum topic is mainly for the people of Galway discussing issues we currently have.

If your in "Dublin" (wink wink), don't worry. We should send support over there soon???

(the post may not be directed to you, but others viewing this forum may pick up on it as you in "Dublin" may be watching this thread, wink wink) I love you too just to let ya know. I love you all!!!!

What's with the inverted comma's on "Dublin"? It is a real place, bro. And I am really there. Or am I? I don't actually know anymore, eirebread has got inside my head

Yeah I know, look in general Galway has to be the best city and calmest in Ireland, but that does not mean its becoming more and more of a scum population. What we need is a barrier, a war barrier around Galway (like a castle wall but more futuristic to keep all scumbags out.

and when I say that I don't mean it joking, like it will happen some day so why not just start work on it now?... so we can all live a happier and safer life instead of the future us

Ah look will you just go to bed and give up, you cant even finish your own sentences now they're that bizarre.

What's with the inverted comma's on "Dublin"? It is a real place, bro. And I am really there. Or am I? I don't actually know anymore, eirebread has got inside my head

I was talking about the "HQ"....

Ah look will you just go to bed and give up, you cant even finish your own sentences now they're that bizarre.
    me go to bed now?. ha, ahahahahahaa....

I would like to but I don't feel like I could sleep.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,766 ✭✭✭RossieMan

What has become of After Hours.

The OP has got to be trolling with this s**t.

Grow a pair, stop crying about "scumbags" and spend some time looking for your own(your testicles, mate).

and have you heard of sarcasm? its what people do when they aren't boring auld dry s**ts.

This thread is against After Hours rules, its in no way entertained me. :confused:

RossieMan wrote: »
    What has become of After Hours.

The OP has got to be trolling with this s**t.

Grow a pair, stop crying about "scumbags" and spend some time looking for your own(your testicles, mate).

and have you heard of sarcasm? its what people do when they aren't boring auld dry s**ts.

This thread is against After Hours rules, its in no way entertained me. :confused:
    WHAT?. you really think I would bother my ares SERIOUSLY to stay up at 1:01am and bother to troll a thread.

pretty much everything I posted here was based on opinion and some fact.really, its a discussion broad and we need to discuss problems.

YOUR NOT A SCUMBAG ARE YOU?!!!!

WHAT?. you really think I would bother my ares SERIOUSLY to stay up at 1:01am and bother to troll a thread.

pretty much everything I posted here was based on opinion and some fact.really, its a discussion broad and we need to discuss problems.

YOU WANT TO BUILD A ****ING WALL AROUND GALWAY?
    HOW IS THAT NOT TROLLING?

The only fact is that there are no facts.

RossieMan wrote: »
    YOU WANT TO BUILD A ****ING WALL AROUND GALWAY?
    HOW IS THAT NOT TROLLING?

Well that is opinion m8, we went more and more into detail. I was making up concepts & ideas as such. you know?.

like I may not directly feel like I 100% want a wall around Galway but I'm not saying we could not do it either . and I clearly know what people would and would not do at this time of day (build a wall around Galway) because they are too dumb to do anything about it or anything else. I'm just saying its not possible and stuff..

- Please in my opinion don't use caps,
    - Check out msn.com if you want some real discussions, really. I'm sure you would love to read and talk about "A-listers on vacation A-listers on vacation", "
    Is that your dad or your date? Try our quiz!" <--- that's what's on msn right now lmao!

• Advertisement

For my conclusion on this thread, i feel as though if you are anything like you are on this forum, we need more people like the "scumbags" who attacked you.

please little boy, get off the internet and go to bed.
    I heard your mommy washed your big boy pants over the weekend too. ;)

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement