Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Mean people

Options
  • 07-07-2013 7:20pm
    Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 137 ✭✭

<del>

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 81,223 ✭✭✭✭biko

So we should get psychiatrists to examine scumbags?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 137 ✭✭eirebread

biko wrote: »
    So we should get psychiatrists to examine scumbags?
    Please, just because psychiatrists are added to the list don't take yourself as any less important.

- Secondly, no that's not my opinion in a way anyway but also is.

- We need to get the scumbags to change to good.

Although jailing scumbags can be great too but changing them from bad to good would be better because then they can contribute to the community and live a happier life because they won't be in jail and if they went to jail when they come back out 99% of the time they will still do the same thing (more crimes), so what we should do is make the scumbags change into good decent caring people.

• Registered Users Posts: 32,513 ✭✭✭✭Lucyfur

Umm go somewhere else?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,299 ✭✭✭✭The Backwards Man

I got attacked by a gang of angry midgets in Mayo once.

Or was that midges?

<del>

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,828 ✭✭✭Reamer Fanny

Carry a taser?

<del>

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,153 ✭✭✭Shakti

wear a high-vis

ahhhhh, I understand why people are trying to be smart-Alic's as replies ... its the way I put something in my post,

sorry :)

<del>

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 7,225 ✭✭✭Yitzhak Rabin

Perhaps you have a very punchable face OP?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,088 ✭✭✭Pug160

eirebread wrote: »
    I Am and from and live in Mayo, I go to Galway city a-lot. It's the best city in Ireland.

The problem:
    a total of [4] times I have been attacked in Galway city and Galway county.

Galway City:
    - Shopping Center x2
    - Galway street

Galway County:
    Supervalu

I was picked at random just minding my own business (they came up from behind me and started yelling abusive stuff at me wanting to fight me, kick my head in ,etc. (I DID NOT Even look at them,talk to them or anything Not even went over to them.)Each time this happened I continued to walk on and ignore but don't think I can do this much longer. Will security ever be added in Galway?. Or even some warning signs around the place. So like if you have the doctors,lawyers,council,etc. You have these people in Galway city and then you have these mean people, we cannot have these professional people been at risk of been attacked, in fact we can't have anyone at risk.

Some suggestions:
    - Add more CCTV
    - Add more Warning signs around the place.
    - Add Caution signs for the nice people in rough places in Galway (put don't have it like warning scum ahead of course but you know...)
    - Add more patrols
    - Add more Security around the place.
    - Rehab for the people who are mean.
    - More of a "neighborhood watch"

Psychiatrist Idea:
    Get a team of Psychiatrist's,Couil members,engineers,etc together to have meetings and at those meeting the Psychiatrist's would use their brain power to have messages in a certain way to make the mean people think before they act. So add post-boards up (big ones too), and have whatever on that post-boards in a certain way that it would reflect on the mean people, so it would change them or at least try to give them some sort of other insight. (I may not have been direct on this, some holes here and there but along the lines, PLEASE look into this).
    We are living in a good world today and lets make it as best as we can!

The other thing is; tourists and all the crime happening in Co.Galway, its insane. This is crazy, something could be done please.

You might be giving off signals that you're a victim and that you're somebody they can mess with. Being picked on at random like that is usually quite rare, even in rough areas. Even though it's wrong, you're probably going to need to examine how you carry yourself.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,793 ✭✭✭Sir Osis of Liver.

Overall I just wanted to point out that something would clearly need to be done.
    Scumbags need to stop or they need to change NOW.

what will it be like in 5000 years? or even 20 years?.

WHAT WILL FUTURE SCUM BAGS BE LIKE? YOU THINK OF THAT

In 5000 years time scumbags will be the exact same except they will have the power of flight.

Perhaps you have a very punchable face OP?
    I find it so amusing that the user Sir Osis of Liver. thanked your post.

check out his thread:
    http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?p=85098117

• Registered Users Posts: 7,500 ✭✭✭BrokenArrows

I Am and from and live in Mayo, I go to Galway city a-lot. It's the best city in Ireland.

The problem:
    a total of [4] times I have been attacked in Galway city and Galway county.

Galway City:
    - Shopping Center x2
    - Galway street

Galway County:
    Supervalu

I was picked at random just minding my own business (they came up from behind me and started yelling abusive stuff at me wanting to fight me, kick my head in ,etc. (I DID NOT Even look at them,talk to them or anything Not even went over to them.)Each time this happened I continued to walk on and ignore but don't think I can do this much longer. Will security ever be added in Galway?. Or even some warning signs around the place. So like if you have the doctors,lawyers,council,etc. You have these people in Galway city and then you have these mean people, we cannot have these professional people been at risk of been attacked, in fact we can't have anyone at risk.

Some suggestions:
    - Add more CCTV
    - Add more Warning signs around the place.
    - Add Caution signs for the nice people in rough places in Galway (put don't have it like warning scum ahead of course but you know...)
    - Add more patrols
    - Add more Security around the place.
    - Rehab for the people who are mean.
    - More of a "neighborhood watch"

Psychiatrist Idea:
    Get a team of Psychiatrist's,Couil members,engineers,etc together to have meetings and at those meeting the Psychiatrist's would use their brain power to have messages in a certain way to make the mean people think before they act. So add post-boards up (big ones too), and have whatever on that post-boards in a certain way that it would reflect on the mean people, so it would change them or at least try to give them some sort of other insight. (I may not have been direct on this, some holes here and there but along the lines, PLEASE look into this).
    We are living in a good world today and lets make it as best as we can!

The other thing is; tourists and all the crime happening in Co.Galway, its insane. This is crazy, something could be done please.

Maybe it's you. Jk.

I lived in Galway for 9 years and never had any problems

• Registered Users Posts: 2,630 ✭✭✭Zen65

BTW: also I am not anti-housing estates or anything. some people that are brought up in housing estates are NOT scum what so ever and are EXTREMELY nice...

Some?

Well that's okay then. I mean, let's not damn with faint praise or anything!
    Can I bring weapons to protect myself?.

I remember decent teenagers having to carry pocket knives to protect themselves on the streets because of the scumbags, but then they were the ones getting stabbed.

Well yes, bringing knives to avoid an attack is like bombing a city to bring about peace. It's a bad strategy and there's no guarantee that you won't get hurt yourself.

It seems to me that being aware of your surroundings might be an important skill for you to learn, Op. You cannot defeat 'scumbags' with posters or CCTV, but you can decrease your chances of being the victim if you improve your own awareness.

Z

• Registered Users Posts: 2,793 ✭✭✭Sir Osis of Liver.

I find it so amusing that the user Sir Osis of Liver. thanked your post.

check out his thread:
    http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?p=85098117

Perhaps you do have a head for slaps OP.

Zen65 wrote: »
    Some?

Well yes, bringing knives to avoid an attack is like bombing a city to bring about peace. It's a bad strategy and there's no guarantee that you won't get hurt yourself.

It seems to me that being aware of your surroundings might be an important skill for you to learn, Op. You cannot defeat 'scumbags' with posters or CCTV, but you can decrease your chances of being the victim if you improve your own awareness.

Z

Greetings,

Yes I am extremely aware of my awareness and surroundings, I even avoid a lot of shops and places now.

I would not bring knives to protect myself but the scumbags much watch out as they will someday pick on the wrong guy and get something bad back.... and it would not be a fight back or knife back type of thingy either I guess.

TO HELL WITH EVERY SCUMBAG!!!

Perhaps you do have a head for slaps OP.
    to be honest, I have no idea what its like to get slapped by parents for no reason (abuse)... like you and all the other scum?... :P

• Registered Users Posts: 8,207 ✭✭✭The King of Moo

Galway is a very safe and friendly city. I've lived here most of my life and I've never been attacked. I'm sorry you were attacked OP, but it's not a serious problem overall in Galway, and your ideas would be a waste of resources.

Plus, extra "patrols" would doubtless lead to an increase in vicious sack beatings.

• Advertisement

Some?

Z

So if a scumbag with a knife or other weapon attacked someone, would it not be a good idea to have it on CCTV so that they could be caught before they strike again

• Registered Users Posts: 2,491 ✭✭✭looking_around

o0 ..did you report them?

CCTV has been proven as an inaffective deterrent. Doesn't help that alot off "CCTV" cameras are fake... and many others aren't actually recording anything.

What kind of warning would you put OP?
    Warning "Rough Spot"? In Limerick you can SEE the rough places and you steer clear..tada safety.

What TIME did these attacks happen?
    Were you "minding your own business" around houses/empty streets or actually, you know shopping or something?

Why do you think psychiatrists would have anything do with scumbags? When did being an asshole become a mental illness??? :confused:

Yes I am extremely aware of my awareness and surroundings, I even avoid a lot of shops and places now.

You're aware of your awareness?

There's nothing wrong with the statement of course, but I wonder were you aware you posted that?

Z

Galway is a very safe and friendly city. I've lived here most of my life and I've never been attacked. I'm sorry you were attacked OP, but it's not a serious problem overall in Galway, and your ideas would be a waste of resources.

Plus, extra "patrols" would doubtless lead to an increase in vicious sack beatings.

There have been a total of how many assaults and murders in Galway in the last 2 years?. How many in Ireland?.

Ireland is becoming worst than gang areas like in russia you could even say...

You're aware of your awareness?

There's nothing wrong with the statement of course, but I wonder were you aware you posted that?

Z
    boards.ie is ment to be a peaceful and helpful discussion forum.
    Please do not try to make someone feel smaller by making yourself feel bigger.

Thank You and have a nice day

• Registered Users Posts: 1,308 ✭✭✭downonthefarm

was up in kylemore abbey today,looking around with my kids.there was a guided tour going on not far away.my baby started to get a bit pissy coz she wanted her bottle,but the guide turned around in front of a large group of tourists and said as ignorant as you like would you mind keeping your child quiet.

o0 ..did you report them?

CCTV has been proven as an inaffective deterrent. Doesn't help that alot off "CCTV" cameras are fake... and many others aren't actually recording anything.

What kind of warning would you put OP?
    Warning "Rough Spot"? In Limerick you can SEE the rough places and you steer clear..tada safety.

What TIME did these attacks happen?
    Were you "minding your own business" around houses/empty streets or actually, you know shopping or something?

Why do you think psychiatrists would have anything do with scumbags? When did being an asshole become a mental illness??? :confused:
    psychiatrists would have NOTHING to do with scumbags.
    why I included psychiatrists like the other professional's was for smart mines to think of defeating or to bring down crime.

how many assaults and murders have been done in Ireland in the last couple of years?.

So if a scumbag with a knife or other weapon attacked someone, would it not be a good idea to have it on CCTV so that they could be caught before they strike again

The history of catching anyone for a random non-fatal attack based on CCTV evidence is not great in this country, in fairness. A combination of wearing hoodies (obscuring facial features), poor resolution and inconclusive identification compounded by a lack of capacity of law-enforcers to pursue non-fatal attacks (especially on men) has meant that CCTV is not the deterrent some people might think it is.

As for the victims, well a post-mortem rarely cures a patient.

Z

I said:
    So like if you have the doctors,lawyers,council,etc. You have these people in Galway city and then you have these mean people, we cannot have these professional people been at risk of been attacked, in fact we can't have anyone at risk.

So that's why some people get itchy?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,207 ✭✭✭The King of Moo

There have been a total of how many assaults and murders in Galway in the last 2 years?.

The onus is on you to provide that information to back up your argument. I'd warrant the answer is "very few," based on the fact that I live in Galway and hear of very few assaults and murders.
    Ireland is becoming worst than gang areas like in russia you could even say...

You could say that, but you'd be saying something very stupid.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement