Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Mean people

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,491 ✭✭✭looking_around

eirebread wrote: »
    to be honest, I have no idea what its like to get slapped by parents for no reason (abuse)... like you and all the other scum?... :P

But you were attacked? Was it just mouthing off then?

boards.ie is ment to be a peaceful and helpful discussion forum.
    Please do not try to make someone feel smaller by making yourself feel bigger.

Thank You and have a nice day

Wrong forum mate.. you want this one personal issues in Society section

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 137 ✭✭eirebread

Zen65 wrote: »
    The history of catching anyone for a random non-fatal attack based on CCTV evidence is not great in this country, in fairness. A combination of wearing hoodies (obscuring facial features), poor resolution and inconclusive identification compounded by a lack of capacity of law-enforcers to pursue non-fatal attacks (especially on men) has meant that CCTV is not the deterrent some people might think it is.

As for the victims, well a post-mortem rarely cures a patient.

Z

Ok, think of all the bad stuff that happened in the UK, all of the videos of videos on media sites (such as the girl in the red hud putting the dogs in the river.... the scumbag on the london riots stealing the guys bag, all the cctv footage,etc.

it helps.

You could say that, but you'd be saying something very stupid.
    indeed like many of the other replies people are giving.

psychiatrists would have NOTHING to do with scumbags.
    why I included psychiatrists like the other professional's was for smart mines to think of defeating or to bring down crime.

how many assaults and murders have been done in Ireland in the last couple of years?.

Common problems with becoming a bigger country, higher population and recession...and ****ty prison sentences/fines etc.

Psychiatrists answer: "Sedate them, sedate them all!!!!"

Wrong forum mate.. you want this one personal issues in Society section
    Thank You, have a nice day.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,207 ✭✭✭The King of Moo

I said:
    So like if you have the doctors,lawyers,council,etc. You have these people in Galway city and then you have these mean people, we cannot have these professional people been at risk of been attacked, in fact we can't have anyone at risk.

So that's why some people get itchy?

Do you think it's worse for professionals to be assaulted?

Common problems with becoming a bigger country, higher population and recession...and ****ty prison sentences/fines etc.

Psychiatrists answer: "Sedate them, sedate them all!!!!"

OK SO if I remove Psychiatrists from the forum topic will people start replying in a different way?.

are you guys as bad as the scientology that are anti-Psychiatrists??? they say that 9/11 WAS CAUSED BY Psychiatrists ahhahahahaa

OK SO if I remove Psychiatrists from the forum topic will people start replying in a different way?.

are you guys as bad as the scientology that are anti-Psychiatrists??? they say that 9/11 WAS CAUSED BY Psychiatrists ahhahahahaa

no AH, just likes asshole comments ;)

Tis why I posted the personal issues link :cool:

Do you think it's worse for professionals to be assaulted?
    not one bit, I added that because 99% of politicians only think of themselves. you must add some spice to it, I added that mainly to get the people that have more power to change what happens.

So then they would at least consider stopping scumbags more because they would think of themselves been attacked and not others.

if it was just others been attacked they would not care 50% as much.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27,944 ✭✭✭✭4zn76tysfajdxp

I Am and from and live in Mayo

I think I have found your problem.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,630 ✭✭✭Zen65

Please do not try to make someone feel smaller by making yourself feel bigger.

Thank You and have a nice day

I apologise if my post came across as belittling; that was not the intention. My intention was to prompt you to consider whether you are paying attention to what you're saying here, and what others are saying to you.

You've made observations, and you have received feedback. I see no evidence that you're really taking on board any of the feedback that has been presented to you though. It appears (to me) that you are defending your position that
    • Galway is declining rapidly as a city because of a 'scumbag' problem
    • A meeting of psychiatrists, councillors, engineers etc needs to get together to start a campaign to solve the problem.
    • You are not in any way lacking in self-awareness , despite having said that these attacks have come up on you from behind (presumably by surprise?)
    • Some people from housing estates are fine people.

I'm suggesting, and trying to be polite about it, that you may be wrong about how bad Galway is. I don't believe it's even nearly as bad as Dublin and I'd find it hard to find anyone in Dublin who has innocently been attacked four times. I know several who've been attacked once, and many who've been attacked twice. I even know a Galway man who was stabbed twice in Dublin. Awareness (or rather, the lack of) was a factor in his case. I think it may also be a contributory factor in your case.

Be at peace,

Z

I apologise if my post came across as belittling; that was not the intention. My intention was to prompt you to consider whether you are paying attention to what you're saying here, and what others are saying to you.

You've made observations, and you have received feedback. I see no evidence that you're really taking on board any of the feedback that has been presented to you though. It appears (to me) that you are defending your position that
    • Galway is declining rapidly as a city because of a 'scumbag' problem
    • A meeting of psychiatrists, councillors, engineers etc needs to get together to start a campaign to solve the problem.
    • You are not in any way lacking in self-awareness , despite having said that these attacks have come up on you from behind (presumably by surprise?)
    • Some people from housing estates are fine people.

I'm suggesting, and trying to be polite about it, that you may be wrong about how bad Galway is. I don't believe it's even nearly as bad as Dublin and I'd find it hard to find anyone in Dublin who has innocently been attacked four times. I know several who've been attacked once, and many who've been attacked twice. I even know a Galway man who was stabbed twice in Dublin. Awareness (or rather, the lack of) was a factor in his case. I think it may also be a contributory factor in your case.

Be at peace,

Z

You must not take anything posted on boards as a fact or a direct suggestion. On forums you must also add bits here and there so that everyone is happy along with its just text messages, your not getting the full story.

I think I have found your problem.
    Regardless of someones facial features or body or whatever.

Scumbags are still out there, last year a scummer almost killed a man with a rock in the street , its the stuff like that , its just so god dam sad.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 7,225 ✭✭✭Yitzhak Rabin

You must not take anything posted on boards as a fact or a direct suggestion. On forums you must also add bits here and there so that everyone is happy along with its just text messages, your not getting the full story.

I'm not sure if you're really giving enough consideration to the idea that you do, in fact, have a very punchable face?

Maybe you have a red swollen face like Bertie Aherne or one of the trade union heads?

Ok, think of all the bad stuff that happened in the UK, all of the videos of videos on media sites (such as the girl in the red hud putting the dogs in the river....

Oddly enough in the UK the response to animal cruelty captured on video is often far better than the response to assaults on people captured on video. It is a society that treats old cats and dogs better than it treats old people.

But that's an aside.

Look at all the CCTV cameras in Dublin, especially around the river. Despite that, minor assaults are on the increase*. CCTV is not the deterrent you might believe it to be.

Z

*I have to come clean and say I'm quoting from a national news story, not specifically Dublin

I'm not sure if you're really giving enough consideration to the idea that you do, in fact, have a very punchable face?

Maybe you have a red swollen face like Bertie Aherne or one of the trade union heads?
    I have added you to my ignore list.

(any of your posts,pm's,etc on boards.ie will not show up for me).

Oddly enough in the UK the response to animal cruelty captured on video is often far better than the response to assaults on people captured on video. It is a society that treats old cats and dogs better than it treats old people.

But that's an aside.

Look at all the CCTV cameras in Dublin, especially around the river. Despite that, minor assaults are on the increase*. CCTV is not the deterrent you might believe it to be.

Z

*I have to come clean and say I'm quoting from a national news story, not specifically Dublin

Ok, that you for giving your opinion on the CCTV issue, I listed many other suggestions.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,075 ✭✭✭Wattle

Martial Arts is the answer. Go all Jackie Chan on their ass.

why don't you organise a neighbourhood watch then?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,543 ✭✭✭Conmaicne Mara

biko wrote: »
    So we should get psychiatrists to examine scumbags?

Preferably with cattle prods and baseball bats.

• Advertisement

Ok, that you for giving your opinion on the CCTV issue, I listed many other suggestions.

I may have missed them.

I did read your suggestion of "stopping scumbags" but I missed the bit where you suggested how this was to be achieved.

Z

Trying to engage, not to belittle

I may have missed them.

I did read your suggestion of "stopping scumbags" but I missed the bit where you suggested how this was to be achieved.

Z

Trying to engage, not to belittle

I know what type of person you are and its not scum, its much worse and pathetic ;)

Wattle wrote: »
    Martial Arts is the answer. Go all Jackie Chan on their ass.

No, it isn't. I say that as somebody who teaches MA & self-defence. I know its limitations.

Like those Jedi guys said to that princess (I wasn't following the story in detail, but it was Liam Neeson) . . . "We can only protect you . . . we cannot fight a war for you"

Z

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 7,225 ✭✭✭Yitzhak Rabin

I know what type of person you are and its not scum, its much worse ;)

Red font. This dude is serious...

I know what type of person you are and its not scum, its much worse ;)

I think you were largely ignoring the advice anyway, Op!

Z

Red font. This dude is serious...

The red mist descends easily on this one, Lord Vader.

Z

(My Star Wars references are not terribly accurate, I'm not really a big fan)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,075 ✭✭✭Wattle

No, it isn't. I say that as somebody who teaches MA & self-defence. I know its limitations.

Like those Jedi guys said to that princess (I wasn't following the story in detail, but it was Liam Neeson) . . . "We can only protect you . . . we cannot fight a war for you"

Z

Yeah but if you're lightning fast wouldn't you be able to kick those knives out of their hands before they use em on you? After that if you're seriously outnumbered you could try running away. I'd say a lot of scumbags aren't in peak physical condition.

Yeah but if you're lightning fast wouldn't you be able to kick those knives out of their hands before they use em on you? After that if you're seriously outnumbered you could try running away. I'd say a lot of scumbags aren't in peak physical condition.
    man I love you!!!!

wish there were more people like you on the forums or even in the world!!!!

Eh, no!

Look at this:

The moral of the story is . . . don't ever believe you can fight a guy with a knife and walk away without a cut!

Z

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,386 ✭✭✭Killer Wench

Dude, I totally thought that we were through our 'scumbags must die, seek psychiatric help, shouldn't breed' thread phase?

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement