Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Convective/Thunderstorm Discussion 2013/14

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,034 ✭✭✭redsteveireland

Germany and The Netherlands took some hammering today!!!!
    http://brunnur.vedur.is/athuganir/eldingar/i_dag_na.html?

• Registered Users Posts: 635 ✭✭✭Video

ESTOFEX Warning LEVEL 1 issued for a possible funnel cloud/ short lived tornado tomorrow between Ireland and UK. Hopefully won't amount to anything.

2014051106_201405092042_1_stormforecast.xml.png

• Registered Users Posts: 8,720 ✭✭✭Hal1

I hope it does in a wide open space with plenty of people to witness it, take loads of pics and post them up here. The weather is safe once you are prepared and have a respect for it.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,068 ✭✭✭Iancar29

Yeah Conditions look favorable for some funnels but in the short lived cells as lack of DLS will cause them to die off quite quickly.

Up at 3am for darkness into light in the phoenix park. Hopefully ill still have energy 2moro to go somewhere if cells look good!

Iancar29 wrote: »
    Yeah Conditions look favorable for some funnels but in the short lived cells as lack of DLS will cause them to die off quite quickly.

Up at 3am for darkness into light in the phoenix park. Hopefully ill still have energy 2moro to go somewhere if cells look good!

Bad night to be out for it though! but fair play. Meanwhile im over here in the southwest getting the rain first.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,134 ✭✭✭✭maquiladora

Should be some sparks this afternoon-evening.

jblEJB5.gif

• Registered Users Posts: 3,808 ✭✭✭billie1b

Should be some sparks this afternoon-evening.

jblEJB5.gif

Please say over D15?? It always misses us here

billie1b wrote: »
    Please say over D15?? It always misses us here

Dublin has a lot of potential for a thunderstorm today if you ask me but then again i'm no expert :D

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 17,781 Mod ✭✭✭✭DOCARCH

I'm assuming with my amateur research that this is because CAPE is mainly confined to the midlands and north for the rest of the night?

• Advertisement

Hmm, not sure if thunder or 747...:confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 3,410 ✭✭✭Trebor176

We just had a lengthy rumble of thunder in Clondalkin.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,187 ✭✭✭✭IvySlayer

Thunder in Lucan

• Registered Users Posts: 17,187 ✭✭✭✭IvySlayer

And again!!

Ah well that confirms it aaand I just heard it there again. Distant, low rumbles.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,410 ✭✭✭Trebor176

Very heavy rain now, but no more thunder.

A lot of lightning around hull in UK

0wbOZZP.jpg

Suns out again hopefully this will aid convection and produce more TS.

• Registered Users Posts: 80 ✭✭phenomenalcat

Couple of rumbles in balbriggan now

• Registered Users Posts: 1,477 ✭✭✭Jpmarn

There is a couple of sparks showing up for the Meath area on netweather.tv.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,185 ✭✭✭highdef

Yeah, saw them but they don't seem to make sense for that area at that time. There was nothing very untoward looking in the area at the time

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 11,393 Mod ✭✭✭✭Hammer Archer

Definitely were sparks in the Meath area earlier.
    Usually love the threat of thunderstorms. But when you're doing umpire at a football game, it's a bit of an uneasy feeling when you're standing next to what are basically 40 foot tall metal poles while watching Cbs get closer to you and hearing rumbles get louder.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,880 ✭✭✭✭Rock Lesnar

Definitely were sparks in the Meath area earlier.
    Usually love the threat of thunderstorms. But when you're doing umpire at a football game, it's a bit of an uneasy feeling when you're standing next to what are basically 40 foot tall metal poles while watching Cbs get closer to you and hearing rumbles get louder.

Keep your eyes on the game at all times, never mind a bit of thunder ;)

Skies clearing up a bit now and revealing the decaying cells... Next time! :rolleyes:

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 17,781 Mod ✭✭✭✭DOCARCH

Sunny here atm but starting to see some towering cumulus clouds...hoping for a bit of action later today. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 6,185 ✭✭✭highdef

Several strike to the north east of Athlone from a very potent looking shower. Lots of cell flying up now as we are at maximum solar radiation around now.

Yeah...strikes showing up here. http://brunnur.vedur.is/athuganir/eldingar/i_dag_na.html?

Bit of a downpour here atm (south Dublin).

• Registered Users Posts: 20,348 ✭✭✭✭Rikand

highdef wrote: »
    Several strike to the north east of Athlone from a very potent looking shower. Lots of cell flying up now as we are at maximum solar radiation around now.

typical, the one day I'm not in the town ;)

The amount of towering cumulus i've seen today is crazy.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,778 ✭✭✭✭ninebeanrows

Had a rumble or two there with a small but very ominous CB overhead.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement