Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Cymru Lions v Wallabies, 3rd Test Match Thread, Sat July 6, 1100am

Options
1434445464749»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 30,308 Mod ✭✭✭✭.ak

stpaddy99 wrote: »
    youre just lying now....hes been in every game of the welsh side that hammered us in the world cup ,he scored the winning try by beating 3 defenders, he got 4 world cup tries and got wales to a semi final....in his first full welsh season....the second season he won grand slam, the third season won 6 nations again....then got selected for lions first choice ahead of odriscoll and tuilagi and won the series....now bad for 3 season in test rugby? hes scored 35 tries in 101 for scarlets who are a weak side up front and 9 in 35 for wales.....he is demonically powerful in defence as the videos show (if you bothered to watch them) if you cnat understand what that means, get a dictionary. youre opinion is irrelevant anyway as youre biased and you don't support the lions

You're new here, but that's no excuse, read the charter and don't be a dick to other posters.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,415 ✭✭✭Swiwi.

youre just lying now....hes been in every game of the welsh side that hammered us in the world cup ,he scored the winning try by beating 3 defenders, he got 4 world cup tries and got wales to a semi final....in his first full welsh season....the second season he won grand slam, the third season won 6 nations again....then got selected for lions first choice ahead of odriscoll and tuilagi and won the series....now bad for 3 season in test rugby? hes scored 35 tries in 101 for scarlets who are a weak side up front and 9 in 35 for wales.....he is demonically powerful in defence as the videos show (if you bothered to watch them) if you cnat understand what that means, get a dictionary. youre opinion is irrelevant anyway as youre biased and you don't support the lions

Dude, 23 posts and you're losing the run of yourself. Everyone is entitled to an opinion, I don't always agree with UMSE, but he does know his rugby.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,221 ✭✭✭Ugo Monye spacecraft experience

Ignoring the rest, I do support the Lions, but even if I didn't how would that make my view of Davies any less relevant? :confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 590 ✭✭✭stpaddy99

.ak wrote: »
    You're new here, but that's no excuse, read the charter and don't be a dick to other posters.
    so youre preaching to me about behaviour and charters and you name call me with verbal abuse? hypocrite

Ignoring the rest, I do support the Lions, but even if I didn't how would that make my view of Davies any less relevant? :confused:
    it does because you've said umpteen times before the test match you wanted the lions to lose because they hadn't picked the team you wanted with BOD. that proves youre biased and unable to form an objective view. that's what loses your views all their credibility

• Advertisement

Dude, 23 posts and you're losing the run of yourself. Everyone is entitled to an opinion, I don't always agree with UMSE, but he does know his rugby.
    I agree everyones entitled to their opinion, so Im just giving mine. even if it goes against the grain of some biased fans

• Registered Users Posts: 30,308 Mod ✭✭✭✭.ak

so youre preaching to me about behaviour and charters and you name call me with verbal abuse? hypocrite

'Don't be a dick' to other posters IS part of our charter, so is arguing with moderators. Consider this your last warning or you can take a week break to cool your heels.

it does because you've said umpteen times before the test match you wanted the lions to lose because they hadn't picked the team you wanted with BOD. that proves youre biased and unable to form an objective view. that's what loses your views all their credibility

sigghhhhh

I've posted about how average I think Davies is before they even left for Australia. I really couldn't be arsed finding the post but just but not every opinion is biased

In fact I actually said Davies played very well in the third test

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,257 ✭✭✭Hagz

Hard to take anything you're saying seriously. Firstly, one of the "big hits" in the video, is actually being made by Dan Lydiate (now there's a demonic defender)...but anyway, that video just goes to prove that Davies is simply big powerful pacey runner who slots perfectly into Gatland's one dimensional style of play. An outside centre with hands like Davies simply can't be bracketed as one of the best. He has very substandard passing. Added to that, although he's got some pace, he's not actually that agile at all. In fact, the work he put in for Sexton's try against Australia was probably the closest thing you'll get to footwork when it comes to Davies. I'd actually rate Andrew Bishop as a better rugby player, it's just that Davies has more power.

The constant thanking of those posts is gas enough

• Advertisement

Hagz wrote: »
    Hard to take anything you're saying seriously. Firstly, one of the "big hits" in the video, is actually being made by Dan Lydiate (now there's a demonic defender)...but anyway, that video just goes to prove that Davies is simply big powerful pacey runner who slots perfectly into Gatland's one dimensional style of play. An outside centre with hands like Davies simply can't be bracketed as one of the best. He has very substandard passing. Added to that, although he's got some pace, he's not actually that agile at all. In fact, the work he put in for Sexton's try against Australia was probably the closest thing you'll get to footwork when it comes to Davies. I'd actually rate Andrew Bishop as a better rugby player, it's just that Davies has more power.
    more biased nonsense.....hes a phenomenal tackler, great ball carrier, very quick, he has brilliant lines of running and his pop passing is sublime....hes got 35 tries in 101 games too and 9 in 35 for wales....plus 2 championships, a grand slam,a world cup semi final and a lions victory inside 3 years of test rugby....awesome achievement....hes also a selfless player, used as a decoy runner and offers great support,and a man who supports and clears out rucks superbly....hes also got a great left peg.....this boy will go down as an all time great....it would take a great to be picked ahead of BOD and that's exactly what he is.....he will win 100 caps , more lions glory, more grand slams and he will be the welsh talisman at the next world cup again

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,257 ✭✭✭Hagz

more biased nonsense.....

I'm getting the feeling that perhaps the paddy in your username is in a fact just a ruse. The 99 I believe.

Of course I must be biased if I think Andrew Bishop is a better rugby player. Sure I'm ospreys through and through. Cut me open and I bleed black and blue. Or is it black and purple? Or black and gold?

• Registered Users Posts: 17,958 ✭✭✭✭RuggieBear

more biased nonsense.....

and now you are banned

• Registered Users Posts: 1,805 ✭✭✭Swan Curry

Hagz wrote: »
    I'm getting the feeling that perhaps the paddy in your username is in a fact just a ruse. The 99 I believe.

Of course I must be biased if I think Andrew Bishop is a better rugby player. Sure I'm ospreys through and through. Cut me open and I bleed black and blue. Or is it black and purple? Or black and gold?

I think Ospreys fans bleed fake tan.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,456 ✭✭✭astonaidan

Im off the drugs, I actually thought I read Davies is better than BOD :(

• Registered Users Posts: 5,171 ✭✭✭twinytwo

more biased nonsense.....hes a phenomenal tackler, great ball carrier, very quick, he has brilliant lines of running and his pop passing is sublime....hes got 35 tries in 101 games too and 9 in 35 for wales....plus 2 championships, a grand slam,a world cup semi final and a lions victory inside 3 years of test rugby....awesome achievement....hes also a selfless player, used as a decoy runner and offers great support,and a man who supports and clears out rucks superbly....hes also got a great left peg.....this boy will go down as an all time great....it would take a great to be picked ahead of BOD and that's exactly what he is.....he will win 100 caps , more lions glory, more grand slams and he will be the welsh talisman at the next world cup again

ok lets point out a few things

1.hes a phenomenal tackler... lets be honest no he isnt as he clearly showed during the tour, infact compared to the rest of the lions squad he was middle of the road

2.he has brilliant lines of running, again no he isnt, he overshot the line numerous times, was in the wrong place ran when he should have stayed, stayed when he should have run

3. you talk about biased nonsence but then use the terms " three years of test rugby" and "a great" in the same sentence.

4. Only the welsh coach would have picked him ahead of BOD/Tualagi for the 13 shirt and thats exactly what happened.

5. I dont know what lions tour you were watching, but it was clearly a different one to everyone else.

Advertisement