Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

VU DUO2

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 12,447 ✭✭✭✭Snake Plisken

What do you mean Standard remote?

It's a solo2 remote here is the ad from adverts.ie it shows the picture http://www.adverts.ie/5289447
    Slightly different button layout but everything works! I do find you have to be point the remote at the Duo2 so you could be right about the it sensor.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,522 ✭✭✭✭yabadabado

It's a solo2 remote here is the ad from adverts.ie it shows the picture http://www.adverts.ie/5289447
    Slightly different button layout but everything works! I do find you have to be point the remote at the Duo2 so you could be right about the it sensor.

Thats the very same as the Duo remote,they were better off if they stuck with that as standard on their boxs.

• Registered Users Posts: 838 ✭✭✭human 19

kev1.3s wrote: »
    not exactly sure if this is the right forum but here goes. I have a VU+ duo which is working fine but ever since I've upgraded my laptop to windows 10 the open webif tries to open the groove music player instead of the VLC player and it wont play the stream. I've changed the default music player in settings but still it opens the groove player. Anybody know why?

I think it an m3u stream
    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/M3U

Go into your preferred applications or whatever its called on windows and change the streaming preference to vlc or whatever you use as a player.
    Alternatively look for whatever service is using groove player and change it to your preferred player.

yabadabado wrote: »
    Thats the very same as the Duo remote,they were better off if they stuck with that as standard on their boxs.

I perfer the new one. No problems with it and I love how the menu button is so prominent, with the exit button right beside it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,362 ✭✭✭rolion

HELP...

My box "died" today.
    Found the main fuse dead, replace it and got it working but now is it stucked at "Vu+ Duo2 CFE v2" display on the LCD.
    Did the power off/on,reflashed the usb image.
    Tried all the known unknowns..no joy,no image,no network.

Any other options, please !?
    Thanks.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,414 ✭✭✭swoofer

is it still under waranty?

swoofer wrote: »
    is it still under waranty?

Nope.
    I guess a family member has cleaned-up around the place and removed the antenna cables while receiver was powered-on.
    After i reflash it,i got the fan spinning again,but still no video and the hard drive is not powering,just a funny noise.

Im going to get a multimeter and test the 5V /12V voltages,hoping is the power source gone and not the motherboard.

Hmmm....

• Registered Users Posts: 4,358 ✭✭✭kev1.3s

human 19 wrote: »
    I think it an m3u stream
    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/M3U

Go into your preferred applications or whatever its called on windows and change the streaming preference to vlc or whatever you use as a player.
    Alternatively look for whatever service is using groove player and change it to your preferred player.

Thanks for reply, as far as I can see I've removed groove player from all preferences. I'll have a proper look tonight.

Anybody knowing a local shop that can repair a faulty Vu+ box !?
    It could be software, as well hardware related issue.

Thanks in advance.

local?
    Depends where you live, I suppose.

• Advertisement

Well.. bad things goes only one way: worse !

Decided to check the TV, so I changed the HDMI cable from the Vu on all the four TV inputs ,just to find that is not working.
    Then, i plugged in another HDMI device and hell broke lose: NO HDMI SIGNAL AT ALL !!! The Panasonic one of the best plasma of the gone years has the best deep black picture only ... on the fcuking SCART !!!!

Now, I'm trying to understand how a faulty VU+ ,tripped the main fuse AND doomed my Pana's four hdmi inputs to dead !!!

ASSASSIN + Quad Four ...

• Registered Users Posts: 12,447 ✭✭✭✭Snake Plisken

rolion wrote: »
    Well.. bad things goes only one way: worse !

Decided to check the TV, so I changed the HDMI cable from the Vu on all the four TV inputs ,just to find that is not working.
    Then, i plugged in another HDMI device and hell broke lose: NO HDMI SIGNAL AT ALL !!! The Panasonic one of the best plasma of the gone years has the best deep black picture only ... on the fcuking SCART !!!!

Now, I'm trying to understand how a faulty VU+ ,tripped the main fuse AND doomed my Pana's four hdmi inputs to dead !!!

ASSASSIN + Quad Four ...

Sorry for your troubles man, my dads Panny hdmi sockets failed before now it was only a two hdmi socket set and as he bought it from DID it had a 5 year panasonic warranty it was a month before the end of warranty when it went, but Panasonic sent out one of their approved repair companies and they had to repair the hdmi pcb board, so sounds like that might be the issue. As for the V+ I would contact Vu+ to see who their approved repair agents in Ireland are? I wouldn't chance it with some non approved crowd who could make it worse.

• Registered Users Posts: 4 Piotrek

rolion wrote: »
    HELP...

My box "died" today.
    Found the main fuse dead, replace it and got it working but now is it stucked at "Vu+ Duo2 CFE v2" display on the LCD.
    Did the power off/on,reflashed the usb image.
    Tried all the known unknowns..no joy,no image,no network.

Any other options, please !?
    Thanks.

Have you sorted out the problem with your STB ?

I am looking to buy VU+ Duo2 for parts..
    I have accidentally damaged my VU+ Duo2 some time ago.
    Since that time I am looking for another VU+ Duo2 for parts. I am going try to build one working box from two not working boxes.
    I think it is cheapest and easiest solution. It is very hard to find somebody who will be able to check and replace chips/CPUs. Also such a service would be very expensive..
    I was trying to find somebody who knows VU+ devices. Had no luck.
    So, if you will remain with not working STB, then maybe you consider selling your VU+ Duo2 for parts..

Hi Piotr,

Welcome to boards.ie

Called VU in UK and is a wasting my time...

My STb has the system board "fcuked" due to cabling and/or power shorting the box.
    Only thing working is ... well,i just dunno !

How much are you willing to risk paying me to sell you that crappy fcuking box !??
    I can use some cash to repair my Panasonic TV...

Regards

Piotrek wrote: »
    Have you sorted out the problem with your STB ?

I am looking to buy VU+ Duo2 for parts..
    I have accidentally damaged my VU+ Duo2 some time ago.
    Since that time I am looking for another VU+ Duo2 for parts. I am going try to build one working box from two not working boxes.
    I think it is cheapest and easiest solution. It is very hard to find somebody who will be able to check and replace chips/CPUs. Also such a service would be very expensive..
    I was trying to find somebody who knows VU+ devices. Had no luck.
    So, if you will remain with not working STB, then maybe you consider selling your VU+ Duo2 for parts..

• Registered Users Posts: 165 ✭✭VUDuo2

codar wrote: »
    I run mine with openvix and am happy with it.
    I use a replacement solo2 remote instead of the rubbish original one and it works perfectly.

Codar - what version of OpenVix are you using - is it stable ??

When I last used it, about a year ago, the version then kept on crashing..
    It would crash while changing channel, opening media player or xbmc.

I've been using open blackhole v0.1 since then and no issues what so ever - but tis a bit bland.

What image would you folks recommend ?I have been using BH on mine for the last few months and have decided to try something different.

I have a question re picons .

I have downloaded picons onto my usb-picon folder and they show on the infoon the TV but they dont show on the LCD on the box.

Any idea's what I need to do ?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,511 ✭✭✭stanley1

try, download plugins > display and pick a skin from there, should show picons and channel info.

stanley1 wrote: »
    try, download plugins > display and pick a skin from there, should show picons and channel info.
    I'm using black hole and dont see that option.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,511 ✭✭✭stanley1

I'm using black hole and dont see that option.

OK, I'm using openvix image.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 337 ✭✭Tonio

I have a question re picons .

I have downloaded picons onto my usb-picon folder and they show on the infoon the TV but they dont show on the LCD on the box.

Any idea's what I need to do ?

Not at my box now but IIRC you need a plugin called LCD4Linux.

Tonio wrote: »
    Not at my box now but IIRC you need a plugin called LCD4Linux.

Yup I have that plugin downloaded

• Closed Accounts Posts: 214 ✭✭amikoalien2

Yup I have that plugin downloaded
    You can also configure the lcd from within webif
    just put in the ip add of your box into your browser
    under extras
    Lcd 4linux setup

I think if you look at modus
    select on
    Then look at picon
    on my duo 2 the path for picon is
    /picon/

• Registered Users Posts: 57 ✭✭codar

Codar - what version of OpenVix are you using - is it stable ??

When I last used it, about a year ago, the version then kept on crashing..
    It would crash while changing channel, opening media player or xbmc.

3.2.030 but I don't run xbmc on it due to poor broadband.
    It runs very stable.

• Registered Users Posts: 107 ✭✭roverdublin

I use BH (Blackhole) on my VU+ DUO2 but it is not really good for BlindScan. I have been told that Open BH (very new) is even better for BLINDSCAN but still not matured.

• Registered Users Posts: 165 ✭✭VUDuo2

Greetings.

I've open bh v0.1 running in flash, has anyone tried using OpenMulitiBoot ( to run additional images - whereby when stb starts up, you can choose which image to run )

I'd like to know if I could put OpenBH v0.4 onto a usb-stick and when the stb starts up, select / run it from the usb-stick

Is that possible??

Anyone doing that, any issues to watch out for ??

having a problem with the remote control .It was working perfectly yesterday and now this evening its unresponsive .
    I put in new batteries but that didnt fix it.

Any ideas what could be wrong with it ?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,078 ✭✭✭ShaneOC

having a problem with the remote control .It was working perfectly yesterday and now this evening its unresponsive .
    I put in new batteries but that didnt fix it.

Any ideas what could be wrong with it ?

I had a similar issue a while back.

1. Take out the batteries for a few minutes.
    2. Press and hold 2 and 7 for three seconds until the led turns red.
    3. Press help.
    4. Press 0 0 0 1.

ShaneOC wrote: »
    I had a similar issue a while back.

1. Take out the batteries for a few minutes.
    2. Press and hold 2 and 7 for three seconds until the led turns red.
    3. Press help.
    4. Press 0 0 0 1.

Fair play that worked perfectly. Led didn't turn red but I followed the rest of the salters and it did the trick.

Cheers

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 57 ✭✭codar

I found the duo2 remote rubbish to be honest.
    I chucked it in a drawer and now use a genuine solo2 remote instead.
    It is a lot more responsive than the original one supplied, in my opinion.

Advertisement