Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

VU DUO2

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 56 ✭✭gerryp2000

gerryp2000 wrote: »
    Re XBMC & SuperRepo Install;

I'm running Gotham, BH 2.1.5 on VU+Duo2.

Unable to install any repository zip files - this error message appears -

"xbmc addon does not have the correct structure"

?????

Anyone???

• Registered Users Posts: 16,522 ✭✭✭✭yabadabado

You could always add a usb dual playtv tuner for Saorview. They can be got handy enough on Ebay second hand. Its works straight out of the bag on Blackhole, for Openatv and other images you will need to download drivers from the feeds.

That's what I was thinking. Pick one up on Amazon/EBay they seem to be reasonable enough price.
    A DVB -T tuner can be added on HM satshop for an extra €40 which seems OK value.

• Registered Users Posts: 345 ✭✭red bellied

yabadabado wrote: »
    That's what I was thinking. Pick one up on Amazon/EBay they seem to be reasonable enough price.
    A DVB -T tuner can be added on HM satshop for an extra €40 which seems OK value.

Ya I have been using playtv for over two years and never had any problems, use parcel motel and you might save a few euro.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,447 ✭✭✭✭Snake Plisken

Ok bought mine last week from HM-Sat ship I got 1 dual DVB-S tuner and a DVB-T2/C tuner worked out at €399 plus €7 shipping, I would recommend you go that route rather then usb tuner. It takes about 6 or 7 days to arrive. I didn't bother with ParcelMotel, an post delivered and you can track it on their site.

wxxfuAQ.png

That's the set up I am looking at.
    I will have a twin tuner for satellite feed and one tuner for saorview feed.
    Is that correct?

Edit : sorry about the size of the image.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 532 ✭✭✭dfdream

Agree with ye all, If you were going for USB DVBT Id go for Sony Play TV.
    It gives you 2 tuners and I have never had a single issue with it. 100% works no freezes or nothing.

CEX always have a few of the Play TVs for around €30...

I have 4 Sat tuners build in and Sony Play TV giving 6 tuners that has been flawless recording 10 channels at once (mostly HD) with 5 of them being Saorview from Sony Play TV.

The box is a big part of the stability as its lots of power and VIX and Sony Play TV also work well..
    Ok bought mine last week from HM-Sat ship I got 1 dual DVB-S tuner and a DVB-T2/C tuner worked out at €399 plus €7 shipping, I would recommend you go that route rather then usb tuner. It takes about 6 or 7 days to arrive. I didn't bother with ParcelMotel, an post delivered and you can track it on their site.

I would have no need for that amount of tuners I would record very little.I currently just have a twin sat tuner.Its €40 more to get a DVB-T2 tuner,not much more than getting a Play TV .

wxxfuAQ.png

That's the set up I am looking at.
    I will have a twin tuner for satellite feed and one tuner for saorview feed.
    Is that correct?

Edit : sorry about the size of the image.
    Yes that's the same one I got just checked my order and the art number 12390-536 is the same as in the picture!

• Registered Users Posts: 828 ✭✭✭SkySter

Yes that's the same one I got just checked my order and the art number 12390-536 is the same as in the picture!

Well if you're wrong that makes two of us. Ordered the same box from hm-sat last Friday. Interesting about the play tv. I might investigate that. Another dvb-t tuner would be nice.

• Registered Users Posts: 619 ✭✭✭white_westie

Have been using a PlayTV tuner with my et9000for the last 2 years and still working perfectly.
    An extra plus for it is that you only need one coaxial feed to feed both tuners - no splitter required.

• Advertisement

swoofer wrote: »
    @skyster, go to linuxsat -support-com, join up then go to duo2 section, then go duo2 backup images, then go to master g and try BH2.1.4, dont go for BH2.1.5 yet. master g has a duo2 so that makes it easy.

then afterwards you can try others. BH rocks.

Box arrived yesterday and I set it up using the above image.Very happy so far.

Any decent priced HDD available at the moment? I'm looking for a 500 GB.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,414 ✭✭✭swoofer

This is the one I got last sepetember for the solo2, I think the duo2 takes a 2.5 or a 3.5. This works great.
    http://www.amazon.co.uk/500GB-inch-SATA-Internal-Drive/dp/B00C9TECFO/ref=sr_1_1?s=computers&ie=UTF8&qid=1433350266&sr=1-1&keywords=WD+500GB+2.5+inch+SATA+Internal+Hard+Drive+-+Blue

Glad you are sorted. I dont tinker so much anymore but apparently there is a new image for the Vu+ boxes and its not BH, although BH has been updated again! The new image is called Open BlackHole and has bits of Pli. Its still very new but it may be very good. join the vu plus community for more info. I dont update image willy nilly I tend to wait. I am still on BH2.0.7.

swoofer wrote: »
    This is the one I got last sepetember for the solo2, I think the duo2 takes a 2.5 or a 3.5. This works great.
    http://www.amazon.co.uk/500GB-inch-SATA-Internal-Drive/dp/B00C9TECFO/ref=sr_1_1?s=computers&ie=UTF8&qid=1433350266&sr=1-1&keywords=WD+500GB+2.5+inch+SATA+Internal+Hard+Drive+-+Blue

Glad you are sorted. I dont tinker so much anymore but apparently there is a new image for the Vu+ boxes and its not BH, although BH has been updated again! The new image is called Open BlackHole and has bits of Pli. Its still very new but it may be very good. join the vu plus community for more info. I dont update image willy nilly I tend to wait. I am still on BH2.0.7.
    Cheers man.I dont update to often either.I had the same image on the Duo for around 18 months.I have joined a few forums and they are a great help.
    That image you posted about is deadly.

• Registered Users Posts: 828 ✭✭✭SkySter

Ya I have been using playtv for over two years and never had any problems, use parcel motel and you might save a few euro.

Got a playtv off eBay and now looking for drivers? I am using openvix hades 11. Would rather not change image as I have everything else working just the way I want.

Can someone point me at a download and the procedure to install manually?

Edit: It appears I needed to install the dib0700 drivers from the plugins menu. Name not obvious!

Folks I want to set the Vu remote to control my TV(on/off,volume etc).I did it with the Duo but cant remember what I did .No mention of it in the booklet.

Anyone know the steps to take?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,414 ✭✭✭swoofer

its long winded, you need the manual, go here and down load the relevant one.

http://www.vuplus-community.net/board/threads/vu-user-manuals.7203/

• Registered Users Posts: 417 ✭✭Joo0

If you took a hard drive from a Sky box 250gb or 2tb how easy would it be to get it to work in th vu duo?

Joo0 wrote: »
    If you took a hard drive from a Sky box 250gb or 2tb how easy would it be to get it to work in th vu duo?

If it's standard data connections on them it should be straightforward enough I fit a 1TB 3.5" drive without issue.
    Anyone stick the new openblackhole image on their Duo2 box, I stuck it on yesterday not seeing much difference between this and the Standard Blackhole image

Well Lads, any of you still using this box? What images are you using? Can't find one that i'm happy with also is there no way to get Kodi onto the box, the last xmbc build that seems to be supported is 13.2! Also have to say the remote is crap, the down button in the centre is very unresponsive, reading on the net it looks like it's a common issue, its not the code thing either as when you press the down key the top button does not flash! Not sure if to buy another remote or try a third part on it!

• Registered Users Posts: 57 ✭✭codar

I run mine with openvix and am happy with it.
    I use a replacement solo2 remote instead of the rubbish original one and it works perfectly.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,411 ✭✭✭dnme

Well Lads, any of you still using this box? What images are you using? Can't find one that i'm happy with also is there no way to get Kodi onto the box, the last xmbc build that seems to be supported is 13.2! Also have to say the remote is crap, the down button in the centre is very unresponsive, reading on the net it looks like it's a common issue, its not the code thing either as when you press the down key the top button does not flash! Not sure if to buy another remote or try a third part on it!

Hi Snake. My remote is exactly like that. Awful and getting worse. particularly the middle button now. I bought a VU+Duo remote (previous model) from Ebay but it was a cheap clone and its as bad, so just beware, if you are buying a remote, try and get an original.

Yeah lads pretty poor show from the manufacturer to sell a crap remote with their flagship product, I might pick up a solo 2 remote as suggested, I'd say even a cheap one4all remote would be better then this remote!!

So I split the remote open and I can confirm that it's the stupid metal disc causing the issue you can actually use the remote with the cover off there is a clear plastic membrane over each button and when I push down on the troublesome down without the disc it works fine.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 214 ✭✭amikoalien2

Im also using vix with my duo2
    no problems with the remote yet

So I picked up the standard Vu+ remote and it's fantastic way more responsive then the one that came with it, crowd in Swords called Satexperts.ie.
    Also using a modified backup black hole build by Robijay from the linuxsat site, some nice extras built into it. Tried Vix didn't like it.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,358 ✭✭✭kev1.3s

not exactly sure if this is the right forum but here goes. I have a VU+ duo which is working fine but ever since I've upgraded my laptop to windows 10 the open webif tries to open the groove music player instead of the VLC player and it wont play the stream. I've changed the default music player in settings but still it opens the groove player. Anybody know why?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,271 ✭✭✭TireeTerror

So I picked up the standard Vu+ remote and it's fantastic way more responsive then the one that came with it, crowd in Swords called Satexperts.ie.
    Also using a modified backup black hole build by Robijay from the linuxsat site, some nice extras built into it. Tried Vix didn't like it.

What do you mean Standard remote?

What do you mean Standard remote?

I presume he means the Duo remote not the Duo 2 .The Duo remote was a way better controller but saying that I have had no problems with mine.

Does anyone think the sensor area on the 2 is much smaller I have noticed you need to point it more towards the box to compared to Duo .

• Registered Users Posts: 2,271 ✭✭✭TireeTerror

I presume he means the Duo remote not the Duo 2 .The Duo remote was a way better controller but saying that I have had no problems with mine.

Does anyone think the sensor area on the 2 is much smaller I have noticed you need to point it more towards the box to compared to Duo .

Ah OK. Does the Duo remote have the exact same amount of keys as the Duo2? Ive not used my Duo2 for yonks because the remote is broken, I smashed it in a rage about how crap it is. Now its really crap. I have a remote app on my mobile so I can control it using the IR blaster on the Galaxy s^, but really its a pain having to use my mobile so I dont bother.

• Advertisement

Ah OK. Does the Duo remote have the exact same amount of keys as the Duo2? Ive not used my Duo2 for yonks because the remote is broken, I smashed it in a rage about how crap it is. Now its really crap. I have a remote app on my mobile so I can control it using the IR blaster on the Galaxy s^, but really its a pain having to use my mobile so I dont bother.

Yes very same but Duo is laid out better imo.Duo has the numbers at the top and the function keys at the botton (pause rewind menu etc) its the opposite on Duo2 and I much prefer the old lay out.

Advertisement