Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

VU DUO2

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,271 ✭✭✭TireeTerror

This box is a piece of crap. I just smashed my remote control into 50 tiny pieces after becoming frustrated by its utter ****e response from IR input.

• Registered Users Posts: 106 ✭✭Greenpiece

This box is a piece of crap. I just smashed my remote control into 50 tiny pieces after becoming frustrated by its utter ****e response from IR input.

O dear, if you want to donate it to me then pm me. In the mean time I guess you will have to use web interface unless you have all in one type remote

Greenpiece wrote: »
    O dear, if you want to donate it to me then pm me. In the mean time I guess you will have to use web interface unless you have all in one type remote

€39.99 will get me a new one. It appears there is some issue with responsiveness and there is an update to address the problem,, why didn't I read about that first!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 13,799 ✭✭✭✭ctrl-alt-delete

There is an android app called Vu+ Player,

Not sure if it works on the new models, but I use it on a Solo.

Might tide you over until new remote arrives.

• Registered Users Posts: 106 ✭✭Greenpiece

There is an android app called Vu+ Player,

Not sure if it works on the new models, but I use it on a Solo.

Might tide you over until new remote arrives.

Yes, it also works on Apple devices but only seems to include SD channels. You can also try e2remoteLite

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 528 ✭✭✭maik3n

You can get a spare remote here for €8 :cool:
    http://satboxes.com/shop/index.php?act=viewProd&productId=129

maik3n wrote: »
    You can get a spare remote here for €8 :cool:
    http://satboxes.com/shop/index.php?act=viewProd&productId=129

Thanks, I dont think I want that though, it looks cheap as hell compared to the Duo2 one.

I was able to change settings as normal last night without using a mobile based app, on the Openweb interface on my PC it has a virtual remote control, exactly the same as the physical one. It also shows screenshots which I had refresh every second, so I was able to alter important settings in menus etc.

• Registered Users Posts: 351 ✭✭kkontour

Hi,
    I want to get one of these and just want to make sure I order the correct tuners. I am going to buy from hm-sat.de
    the selection is VU+® Duo² 1x DVB-S2 Dual 1x DVB-C/T Tuner Full HD 1080p Twin Linux Receiver PVR ready
    Am I right in saying that this has 2 x SAT Connection(Dual Tuner) and 1 by Terestrial tuner? Is the DVB-T OK for Saorview or do I require a T2 tuner?
    Also, any reason not to get this box? It appear to be well supported by community images/
    Thanks in advance for responses

• Registered Users Posts: 915 ✭✭✭stuff.hunter

kkontour wrote: »
    Hi,
    I want to get one of these and just want to make sure I order the correct tuners. I am going to buy from hm-sat.de
    the selection is VU+® Duo² 1x DVB-S2 Dual 1x DVB-C/T Tuner Full HD 1080p Twin Linux Receiver PVR ready
    Am I right in saying that this has 2 x SAT Connection(Dual Tuner) and 1 by Terestrial tuner? Is the DVB-T OK for Saorview or do I require a T2 tuner?
    Also, any reason not to get this box? It appear to be well supported by community images/
    Thanks in advance for responses

seem ok but why would you need Soarview, mate?

the TV does not have a DVB-T Tuner. Its a few years old

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 345 ✭✭red bellied

seem ok but why would you need Soarview, mate?

I had a look at hm-sat.de site, so total price for the 2 sat tuners and one dvb-t is 319 euro befores shipping?

No, its 389 + Shipping

• Registered Users Posts: 535 ✭✭✭tapfit2004

You don't need DVB-T2 to get saorview as it is DVB-T Mpeg4, if you want to get some of the HD DVB-T channels from the north you would need DVB-T2.
    No, its 389 + Shipping

I ordered the receiver last Friday from satking for €421 including shipping and credit card charges with a dual DVB-S2 tuner and a single DVB-T2 tuner. It was a bit dearer on hm-sat.de as the credit card charges were higher.

I went for the DVB-T2 tuner as its the latest version of DVB-T and its backwards compatible and it was only a few euro more.

It hasn't arrived yet but I'm looking forward to getting it.

tapfit2004 wrote: »
    You don't need DVB-T2 to get saorview as it is DVB-T Mpeg4, if you want to get some of the HD DVB-T channels from the north you would need DVB-T2.

I ordered the receiver last Friday from satking for €421 including shipping and credit card charges with a dual DVB-S2 tuner and a single DVB-T2 tuner. It was a bit dearer on hm-sat.de as the credit card charges were higher.

I went for the DVB-T2 tuner as its the latest version of DVB-T and its backwards compatible and it was only a few euro more.

It hasn't arrived yet but I'm looking forward to getting it.

423 with hm-sat.de
    I ordered yesterday and is on route. DHL tracking number received.:D:D:D:D

I got the Duo2 and its great. Coming from an azbox before its great to have reliable recordings. I also have Project Valerie running, reading media from my NAS, and I can even stream channels using the spare tuner to my Ferguson Ariva 220 using the IPTV option.
    The EPG is great and the CoolTV Guide is a great addition.

• Registered Users Posts: 532 ✭✭✭dfdream

Couldn't agree more the DUO2 is what all boxes should be.
    Have 4 sat and 2 DVBT USB tuners on it and it supplies TV to 3 Pi and 1 android TV box and records anything I through at it without missing a beat.

Id say once I had to reboot it in 18 months....
    I got the Duo2 and its great. Coming from an azbox before its great to have reliable recordings. I also have Project Valerie running, reading media from my NAS, and I can even stream channels using the spare tuner to my Ferguson Ariva 220 using the IPTV option.
    The EPG is great and the CoolTV Guide is a great addition.

dfdream wrote: »
    Couldn't agree more the DUO2 is what all boxes should be.
    Have 4 sat and 2 DVBT USB tuners on it and it supplies TV to 3 Pi and 1 android TV box and records anything I through at it without missing a beat.

Id say once I had to reboot it in 18 months....

Hi dfdream,
    what do you use on the Pi? K have a spare one lying around I could make used of in a bedroom where I dont have any TV cables.

Load Raspbmc on it.
    Then in XBMC go into addons and enable the VU Enigma2 addon and fill in the details of your box in the config pages.

So the Pi doesn't have to download all bouquets from DUO2 I setup a separate one on the DUO2 called XMBC and put all the channels I need into that.
    Makes the epg download faster too on the PI.

That was it... I have one in the kitchen and its used every day to watch TV and its mighty... Lots better than remotestreamconvert works on satellite boxes...
    Hi dfdream,
    what do you use on the Pi? K have a spare one lying around I could make used of in a bedroom where I dont have any TV cables.

Am I corrct in saying I need to buy the MPEG-2 codec key, for the SD Channels?
    Tks
    K
    Load Raspbmc on it.
    Then in XBMC go into addons and enable the VU Enigma2 addon and fill in the details of your box in the config pages.

So the Pi doesn't have to download all bouquets from DUO2 I setup a separate one on the DUO2 called XMBC and put all the channels I need into that.
    Makes the epg download faster too on the PI.

That was it... I have one in the kitchen and its used every day to watch TV and its mighty... Lots better than remotestreamconvert works on satellite boxes...

• Advertisement

Yes sorry for the late reply.

You need the Codec. A big improvement in HD too..
    Am I corrct in saying I need to buy the MPEG-2 codec key, for the SD Channels?
    Tks
    K

• Registered Users Posts: 619 ✭✭✭white_westie

@dfdream

Sorry for butting in, but wondering what state do you need to leave your stb in when using this with the plugin on the pi?
    i.e. just powered on and in standby

If someone is using the stb does it impact them, or does the pi just grab a free tuner (assuming a multi tuner stb) and they are none the wiser?

WW

It can be on or standby (not deep standby).
    I have 4 sat and 2 DVBT so unless there is a lot of recordings going on there is no issue. It would be rare that the 3 Pi would be on at the same time but even if they are the box handles them all no issue. The person watching the STB would only see that the ABCDEF indicators are lit when a tuner is in use. Other than that there is no pressure on the box.

Now the Pi is no where near the MINIX 8H I have for speed but its still perfectly good enough.

100% works.
    @dfdream

Sorry for butting in, but wondering what state do you need to leave your stb in when using this with the plugin on the pi?
    i.e. just powered on and in standby

If someone is using the stb does it impact them, or does the pi just grab a free tuner (assuming a multi tuner stb) and they are none the wiser?

WW

http://www.pembo.co.uk/e2stream/

This is a very good app for those of you that have a samsung tv for streaming channels from enigma 2 boxes, the dev is very helpful as well. He helped me out when it won't work out of the box on blackhole.

• Registered Users Posts: 619 ✭✭✭white_westie

It can be on or standby (not deep standby).
    I have 4 sat and 2 DVBT so unless there is a lot of recordings going on there is no issue. It would be rare that the 3 Pi would be on at the same time but even if they are the box handles them all no issue. The person watching the STB would only see that the ABCDEF indicators are lit when a tuner is in use. Other than that there is no pressure on the box.

Now the Pi is no where near the MINIX 8H I have for speed but its still perfectly good enough.

100% works.

Had a bit of time last night so gave it a go on my pi last night. Kept getting the connection lost to stb error message. Tried changing passwords, ports etc no go.
    Then tried it on my pc and it worked first time!
    Went back to pi, and problem was that for some reason it would not load the single bouquet I had selected in the config (worked ok on pc). Deselected that and restarted livetv and up popped the downloading channel/epg box.
    Took more than 15mins - have a t90 so my all channel list is huge.
    Anyway as a proof of concept it worked. Will have another play and see how I get on.
    Still running Gotham 13.1 on my pi, so that might have something to do with it. Will read around a bit more.

Thks for tip.

WW

One thing if you move to helix. there is an issue with passwords for the enigma2 plugin connecting to box if the password has an @ in it. Not sure if other non text characters cause an issue but the @ stopped it from working for me. I changed the password and it worked again.
    Had a bit of time last night so gave it a go on my pi last night. Kept getting the connection lost to stb error message. Tried changing passwords, ports etc no go.
    Then tried it on my pc and it worked first time!
    Went back to pi, and problem was that for some reason it would not load the single bouquet I had selected in the config (worked ok on pc). Deselected that and restarted livetv and up popped the downloading channel/epg box.
    Took more than 15mins - have a t90 so my all channel list is huge.
    Anyway as a proof of concept it worked. Will have another play and see how I get on.
    Still running Gotham 13.1 on my pi, so that might have something to do with it. Will read around a bit more.

Thks for tip.

WW

• Registered Users Posts: 833 ✭✭✭batman2000

Thought this post would answer my question...

I'm looking for Duo2 with two tuners for my Sky dish so I can record.
    Also tuners so I can watch and record Saorview. The Saorview only has one cable, do I need a dual tuner.?

Can someone help with the type that I need.??

Not sure, But I would say you would need the Dual Sat tuner, DVB-T(2) tuner and a USB tuner. Can remember of the DVB-T tuner has a passthrough to feed the USB stick. I understand the Sony PS3 USB Play TV has a dual tuner and is compatible with the DUO2. Maybe someone else can confirm
    KK
    batman2000 wrote: »
    Thought this post would answer my question...

I'm looking for Duo2 with two tuners for my Sky dish so I can record.
    Also tuners so I can watch and record Saorview. The Saorview only has one cable, do I need a dual tuner.?

Can someone help with the type that I need.??

• Registered Users Posts: 477 ✭✭davidom2513

Anyone know anything about vu+ clones? I see solo2 clones can be got for €125 delivered on Aliexpress

The official box is a bit out of the price range.

Does anyone know where to get a reliable vu+ clone?

vu+ duo or vu+ solo2 clone?

I have an official vu+ duo for the last 2 years and they are an excellent box.

Need something a bit cheaper this time around though

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 833 ✭✭✭batman2000

Hi KK,
    Is that a
    1. Dual Sat Tuner e.g DVB-T(2)
    and
    2. USB tuner

or
    1. Dual Sat Tuner
    2. DVB-T(2)
    3. USB Tuner

Satellite Signal
    The 2 feeds for the Sky LNB
    Saorview
    I've seen a single feed input that splits internally to allow to record the Saorview.

I think this is correct.
    UK Freeview = DVBT+Mpeg2
    Irish Saorview = DVBT+Mpeg4
    UK Freeview HD= DVBT2+Mpeg4

Not sure, But I would say you would need the Dual Sat tuner, DVB-T(2) tuner and a USB tuner. Can remember of the DVB-T tuner has a passthrough to feed the USB stick. I understand the Sony PS3 USB Play TV has a dual tuner and is compatible with the DUO2. Maybe someone else can confirm
    KK

Advertisement