Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Tell us what you bought?!

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 11,906 ✭✭✭✭PhlegmyMoses

No, keep it as just "what I bought" posts
    dan_ep82 wrote: »
    I have one a few weeks. The only thing id change is the grip. My dispersion was much tighter over tue R9 460

It's the same grip as my Nike Pro Cavity irons. Horrible if you're prone to sweaty hands in the summer. I'll be changing my grips before the summer.

Bought the RBZ Stage 2 driver today. The guy in the shop turned me away from the covert after a few hits. Reckons it's tough for my handicap level to keep control of. Was walloping the RBZ though, more so than the R1 as well. RBZ seems to be a good high hcap club.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,705 ✭✭✭dan_ep82

The RBZ S2 was the only one he didn't have for me to hit. I did try the R1 and X-Hot. Couldn't hit the R1 and found I was ballooning the Xhot. Brother got fitted for an RBZ S2 and he said its a real nice club.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,466 ✭✭✭spacecoyote

I dont care!
    Treated myself to this bad boy...can only see my game improving from here.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,818 ✭✭✭alxmorgan

I'm broke but felt the need to feed my golf buying addiction so bought these :rolleyes:

51Ju%2BMZpJYL._SX342_.jpg

Used them w/e gone and really like them. Stay in the ground, constant height, don't break, happy days :D

• Registered Users Posts: 249 ✭✭dwd

Got this bad boy in Halpenny at the weekend, lovely classic shape at address, hoping that on the course will match the numbers I was getting on flight scope :)

289839.jpg

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,885 ✭✭✭DuckSlice

Had these for a couple of weeks now. Got them after my fitting with Foregolf. Really happy with the results.

Driver is a Cobra Amp Cell Pro, with an Adila RIP Phenom x-stiff shaft, set to 8.5fade, can be 7.5,8.5,8.5f,9.5,9.5f,10.5
    3 Wood is the RBZ stage 2 same shaft, non adjustable
    Hybrid is the Wilson FG Tour M3, set to 18 degrees. it can be 18,19,20 also can be adjusted to more upright for each of those lofts. shaft is grafalloy prolaunch blue stiff

photo1_zps429eff0e.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 1,912 ✭✭✭RoadRunner

MLA128238.jpg

got this putter used off adverts.ie

Only used it in the sitting room so far, but 3putting was costing me badly and I'm pretty sure I'll be able to 1 putt consistently now with this. So expect to save around 30-35 shots each round.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,337 ✭✭✭Wombatman

Wombatman wrote: »
    WANTED

15-17 Degree Hybrid with reg shaft and a small heavy'ish head. Maybe something like the Ping G15 or the Nike VR Pro 1.

Ended up getting the Mizuno MX Fli-Hi No.2\17 Hybrid

mxfli-hi.jpg

Hope to get to the range tomorrow to give it a go. Can't wait.

• Registered Users Posts: 601 ✭✭✭lester76

Got myself a pair of puma winter trousers on function18 onsale 39euro & what a buy. Im going back for another pair. Great fit nice style & very comfortable.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,289 ✭✭✭dar_cool

Got myself a few new clubs recently.
    All second hand, 910 13.5 degree 3 wood. Abseloutly love it. It's a lot stronger than my Cleveland 15 degree.
    Also 910 19 degree hybrid. Hitting it very well. Much prefer it to my rbz hybrid.
    Also got a mizuno mp fli hi 3 iron. Lovely feel off it from the tee and off the ground. Big sweetspot on it. Looking forward to getting out and playing with them.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,466 ✭✭✭spacecoyote

I dont care!
    Replaced my irons today.

Went from mizuno mx-200 with reg shaft to Cleveland 588 TT with stiff shafts. Like the look of the Cleveland at address, probably a slightly thicker sole, but smaller clubhead & thinner top line.

Was interesting to see the difference on the monitor between the shafts, gained an average of 13 yrds between 6 irons from reg to stiff with about 1000 lower spin, 5100 vs 6100. Hoping it'll make a difference in being able to hit a shorter club into greens.

Swingspeed is prob up about 6-7mph from when I bought the previous set so it prob is reasonable to be looking at the change in shaft stiffness.

A few weeks now to get settled using them before qualifying season kicks off

• Closed Accounts Posts: 139 ✭✭Fanny Brioscaí

Replaced my irons today with Ping i20.

I hope the weather improves for the weekend so i can get out play a round :)

• Registered Users Posts: 115 ✭✭delboykelly

Got 3 tops on Amazon. Love these type of 1/4 zip thermal tops. Good for winter or cool summer evenings, handy to have in the bag. Got 2 Nike tops and an Under Armour one. Won one last year and want more.

• Registered Users Posts: 33 fordy1208

Traded in my mizuno mp-h4 2 & 3 iron & my TM burner SF 2.0 3W 13.5 deg for the TM RBZ stage 2 3W HL 17 deg & the 4 hybrid/rescue 22 deg. Getting great distance out of them!

• Registered Users Posts: 310 ✭✭Dossy

No, but create a "chat" thread for this one.
    Got this baby today :)

photo_zpsf2d92055.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 1,824 ✭✭✭levitronix

Bought a pair of footjoy xps in mcguirks today, little heavier felling than the sports I have but they look the bisz

I had get new shoes the weekend, i noticed my current Nike pair had come away at the top of the toe.

I ordered these Adidas Adizero nice and comfortable, all for €40 including delivery although i see they are gone back up now and they are on sale in Mcguriks for €65.

Got 3 tops on Amazon. Love these type of 1/4 zip thermal tops. Good for winter or cool summer evenings, handy to have in the bag. Got 2 Nike tops and an Under Armour one. Won one last year and want more.

I like the Nike top, can you a post a link :D

• Registered Users Posts: 892 ✭✭✭Ben1977

levitronix wrote: »
    Bought a pair of footjoy xps in mcguirks today, little heavier felling than the sports I have but they look the bisz

Love the look of them. What was the damage in McGuirks? Will have to save up and wait till next month.

Have the sports and they are a very good shoe, very comfortable and water resistant.

Happy i got these from Halpenny Golf

Was freezing today :(

titleist-cart-mitts-th1weacm-0.jpg

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,824 ✭✭✭levitronix

Ben1977 wrote: »
    Love the look of them. What was the damage in McGuirks? Will have to save up and wait till next month.

Have the sports and they are a very good shoe, very comfortable and water resistant.

99euro not a bad price

• Registered Users Posts: 2,885 ✭✭✭DuckSlice

Took delivery of my new irons today, completes the full set apart from the putter which I have no intention of changing. Have had the woods for a few weeks, can't wait to get out and play

Irons are jpx -825 pro 4-pw
    New wedge mizuno 56 degree mp-t4
    All built by Foregolf :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,079 ✭✭✭Dbu

Dossy wrote: »
    Got this baby today :)

photo_zpsf2d92055.jpg

May i ask how much Dossy? , looking for one myself

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,682 ✭✭✭pistol_75

Ordered a set of i25 Irons today, replace my Titleist ZB's that I've had for 3/4 years. Never really liked them and found you had to be really striking the ball well to get optimum distance from them.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,677 ✭✭✭shane0007

pistol_75 wrote: »
    Ordered a set of i25 Irons today, replace my Titleist ZB's that I've had for 3/4 years. Never really liked them and found you had to be really striking the ball well to get optimum distance from them.

I tried the i25's during a Ping fitting day last week. Lovely club. I am thinking of ordering the new Karsten's. Both lovely clubs, the Karsten's just felt better for me.
    Best of luck with them.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,337 ✭✭✭Wombatman

Dbu wrote: »
    May i ask how much Dossy? , looking for one myself

Well was listed for €239 on website , then rang them and they said €299 on the phone, told them it was €239 on the website and they matched it,

I had few bits i returned from Xmas so only paid €180 :)

Great bag very happy with it, i think McGuirks have the 10.5 inch top for €240-€250......i think

What trolley do you have??

• Registered Users Posts: 3,110 ✭✭✭benny79

purchased a Garmin G3 of amazon for £108, cant wait to use it and find out my corerect distances!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,331 ✭✭✭the lawman

Love when I can post in here.

Got myself some clothing and accessories.

Ping Bobble Hat
    Dwyer Trousers
    Under Armour baselayer
    Calaway shirt
    4 FJ gloves
    Alignment rods
    Ball retriever

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 233 ✭✭yettie1701

Bought a ping i20 23 deg hybrid today. Only hit a couple of times for 85 snots on adverts. Happy out with it. I have the 20 deg and it goes forever. So it's slan go foil to the auld 3 and 4 irons. Can't hit them out of my way. Very envious of some of the gear that's up here. Hope you all enjoy your new stuff and hopefully it will help get us to scratch in no time.....

Advertisement