Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Tell us what you bought?!

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 368 ✭✭markthespark77

No, but create a "chat" thread for this one.
    I bought a laser rangefinder from the usa.
    Said to shave several strokes off your game Lol...
    Nice bit of kit though had a golf buddy voice before that.
    Not a popular brand this side of the pond don't know why? American army use them, not just for golf

what did that set ya ack, was looking to get 1 meself..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 879 ✭✭✭Montgolfier

what did that set ya ack, was looking to get 1 meself..

Bought it on ebay for €300 delivered took a chance! There £400 sterling other wise

• Registered Users Posts: 1,581 ✭✭✭Trekker09

I've bought a Covert driver, VR Pro Combo Irons, Ogio bag, some new wedges, a White Hot Tour No.3 Putter. I also bought a Rocketballs stage 2 driver on impulse but just didn't like it. Haven't had a chance to hit anything with the new clubs as I've been away since new year. Hope to be back to Ireland by May.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,472 ✭✭✭spacecoyote

I dont care!
    Just for contemplating buying a new driver at the moment, I got a mail in from American Golf the other day in relation to the TM SLDR & Jetspeed drivers.

Based on the mail they are currently offering a 30 day money back offer from date of purchase if you're not happy with the results of the change.

Considering it myself to be honest, hitting the RBZ stage 2 3-wood at the moment & its going great, so a TM driver might work for me too? And if it doesn't get a refund anyway!

Mark Crossfield video at the TM fitting centre here:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,733 ✭✭✭SnowDrifts

Mark Crossfield video at the TM fitting centre here:

Had to laugh at the silence when Mark said he was now going to hit "real Titleist balls".

Not sure what to make of this whole universal benefit of "lofting up". Currently hit an 8.5 degree driver myself and I'm well used to comments on how high my ball flight is with it. I guess I would have to see my own numbers to be convinced.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,819 ✭✭✭alxmorgan

SnowDrifts wrote: »
    Had to laugh at the silence when Mark said he was now going to hit "real Titleist balls".

Not sure what to make of this whole universal benefit of "lofting up". Currently hit an 8.5 degree driver myself and I'm well used to comments on how high my ball flight is with it. I guess I would have to see my own numbers to be convinced.

TMs big thing is 17-17. 17 degree launch with 1700 rpms of spin is the ideal combo. The number on your driver is irrelevant, the launch conditions are far more important. How much of this is true is another story entirely

• Registered Users Posts: 21,099 ✭✭✭✭PARlance

No, keep it as just "what I bought" posts
    Had to return a recent Mizuno stand bag as one of the dividers had snapped. No stock of the same bag in store but fairly happy with the replacement I picked up, not as light but a nice bag all the same

MD-DSTAND_2_L.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 914 ✭✭✭shane 007

Golf Buddy World from Adverts

Get to use it tomorrow for first time tomorrow on my home course so it will be nice to compare with the Bushnell Rangefinder.

Used it today & I am liking very much. A few times I pulled out the range finder to compare the yardage & found it pretty much within the realms of the range finder, once exactly the same.
    I tended to use the Golf Buddy much more than the RF. Didn't use it for score keeping but might do so in the future.

Overall, bug thumbs up & well worth €160 for a 6 month old unit.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,143 ✭✭✭Benny Cake

Got fitted for this bad boy today in mcguirks in airside. Used the flightscope there to hit a number of different combos but the 15 deg with a diamana blue 72g stiff shaft worked the best for me. Nice setup there...

P-TI4C702lh-600_600.jpg

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,110 ✭✭✭benny79

shane 007 wrote: »
    Golf Buddy World from Adverts

Get to use it tomorrow for first time tomorrow on my home course so it will be nice to compare with the Bushnell Rangefinder.

Why do you need 2 GPS's?

benny79 wrote: »
    Why do you need 2 GPS's?

Because both have limitations. I find the laser has more limitations than the GPS. If I had the GPS first, I wouldn't have bought the range finder. It was just the way it worked out but having both is great. I could sell the range finder but I think I will keep for now.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 7,190 Mod ✭✭✭✭charlieIRL

My Garmin S1 arrived this morning, happy days! No more paying a subscription on the Sky Caddie (Keep an eye on adverts as it'll be on it later on)

Not too impressed with the way you have to charge it and the strap but it'll do the job.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,079 ✭✭✭Dbu

shane 007 wrote: »
    Because both have limitations. I find the laser has more limitations than the GPS. If I had the GPS first, I wouldn't have bought the range finder. It was just the way it worked out but having both is great. I could sell the range finder but I think I will keep for now.

How long does it take you to hit a shot?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,705 ✭✭✭dan_ep82

charlieIRL wrote: »
    My Garmin S1 arrived this morning, happy days! No more paying a subscription on the Sky Caddie (Keep an eye on adverts as it'll be on it later on)

Not too impressed with the way you have to charge it and the strap but it'll do the job.

Yeah I can see my charger breaking or becoming no functioning at some point. I like the strap, comfortable enough without pulling the hairs on your arm.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,885 ✭✭✭DuckSlice

The charger is one of the worst designs I have ever seen. Would have thought they could squeeze a mini USB in there someway. I like the strap too, it's very comfortable.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,912 ✭✭✭RoadRunner

Picked up a used Titleist 910 D3 8.5 (was hitting my cobra 10.5 pretty well, but found it ballooning)

and used titleist 909 f2 3w (my mizuno 3w has a shaft that was too stiff)

also got a new calloway carry bag.

Took to the range. 8.5 sends the ball lower, carry distance is similar (probably slightly further with the 8.5) but it rolls instead of plugging.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,858 ✭✭✭Russman

Picked up a X2 Hot 3 wood on a whim, interested to see if it can kick out the RBZ Tour 3 wood (original RBZ, not Stage 2). Wouldn't mind getting away from "white" but it will have to be performance based !!
    I always liked the old green Aldila NV shafts and the Tour Blue and Green that Callaway are using are the newest versions I believe.

Replaced my mixed and match second hand wedges with 3 new cleveland 588 wedges. Hopefully game them this week.

Replaced my mixed and match second hand wedges with 3 new cleveland 588 wedges. Hopefully game them this week.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,526 ✭✭✭Slicemeister

dan_ep82 wrote: »
    Bought two of these myself love them.really have to be aggressive with them to get the full benefit of those grooves.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,472 ✭✭✭spacecoyote

I dont care!
    dan_ep82 wrote: »

Have a 60 degree myself. Cleveland do make really nice wedges. Also have a set of the 588TT irons which I'm enjoying too!

Oh, and you're watching way too much Mark crossfield :D

• Registered Users Posts: 249 ✭✭dwd

Russman wrote: »
    Picked up a X2 Hot 3 wood on a whim, interested to see if it can kick out the RBZ Tour 3 wood (original RBZ, not Stage 2). Wouldn't mind getting away from "white" but it will have to be performance based !!
    I always liked the old green Aldila NV shafts and the Tour Blue and Green that Callaway are using are the newest versions I believe.

Fantastic club, I got the x2 hot pro 4 wood with the tour green shaft just last week, gorgeous club and had it out on the course three times last week and was hitting it great, probably as far as my old rbz 3 wood, funny since I went for the 4 wood to drop the gap to my 3 hybrid as I want to drop my 5 wood to make room for another wedge. :cool:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,824 ✭✭✭levitronix

Just bought and fitted a new super stroke mid slim 2.0 grip , was a bit tricky to fit had to find a way of adding 10grams of weight to the grip, ended up adding a little lead tape to the inside of the shaft , got the swing weight bang on

• Registered Users Posts: 20,816 ✭✭✭✭FixdePitchmark

levitronix wrote: »
    Just bought and fitted a new super stroke mid slim 2.0 grip , was a bit tricky to fit had to find a way of adding 10grams of weight to the grip, ended up adding a little lead tape to the inside of the shaft , got the swing weight bang on

Why to grip ?

How did you work this out ?

Bought two of these myself love them.really have to be aggressive with them to get the full benefit of those grooves.
    I only played around a bit with them in headfort range today but didn't go to the green, really looking forward to seeing what way the 56 and 60 spin on the green. Out of my old wedges the nike 56 was the only one with enough teeth left on it for me to get a ball to spin back or stop where I wanted it.

My old 52° rarely got me to the 100-105yd mark, I could hit my 56 better so I picked up a 50°, if its too strong I'll get it bent to a 52 but it looked ok earlier
    Have a 60 degree myself. Cleveland do make really nice wedges. Also have a set of the 588TT irons which I'm enjoying too!

Oh, and you're watching way too much Mark crossfield :D

They really do, and for such a forgiving club the 60° is really easy to open or close and hit it well. I don't do it often at all but its nice to know I have the option :D Nice, they sit just as nicely beside the AP2's lol

Its just so nice to have the same model in the wedges, some days I could hit the 56 great and the 52 with the different head and grip (thinner) would throw me off mentally. 60° I never seemed to have a problem with but the 588's are very similar feeling to the ping I was using.

I know lol :(

• Registered Users Posts: 1,824 ✭✭✭levitronix

Why to grip ?

How did you work this out ?

Used a swing weight formula and worked it out, once you have good scales and can accurately measure the fulcrum its easy

• Registered Users Posts: 20,816 ✭✭✭✭FixdePitchmark

levitronix wrote: »
    Used a swing weight formula and worked it out, once you have good scales and can accurately measure the fulcrum its easy

This is new to me - so excuse ignorance - how did you work out head weight ?

• Registered Users Posts: 935 ✭✭✭pinkdoubleeagle

Russman wrote: »

Will be interested to hear how that goes for you?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 5,361 ✭✭✭Boskowski

Finally doing away with the long iron vanity.
    I can actually hit half decent long irons especially for a cat3 but since my 3 iron is the most inconsistent (and underused) club in my bag while my 2 iron hybrid is probably the most consistent I'm giving my 2 a 20 degrees brother. Ping i15 hybrid 17 and now a 20. Can't hit a bad shot with them. Awesome clubs.

Advertisement