Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Tell us what you bought?!

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,693 ✭✭✭dan_ep82

No, keep it as just "what I bought" posts
    Swapped a vokey wedge for a cleaveland hi bore 5 wood I badly needed.

• Registered Users Posts: 5 Siobhan78

I got one of these :)
    hp-pavilion-15-red-laptop-computer-7606.html
    Got it the next day delivery too, very efficient.
    I also bought makeup :)
    product&path=25_71&product_id=109

Well happy with my purchases :)

• Registered Users Posts: 21,094 ✭✭✭✭PARlance

Siobhan78 wrote: »
    I got one of these :)
    hp-pavilion-15-red-laptop-computer-7606.html
    Got it the next day delivery too, very efficient.
    I also bought makeup :)
    product&path=25_71&product_id=109

Well happy with my purchases :)

We at the golf forum are also happy with your purchases Siobhan ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 892 ✭✭✭Ben1977

blackwhite wrote: »
    New bag yesterday evening

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcTqrJ--miA3LUkf_DnW0LJQaa_6SUjFf_Xlpdb_FwZZ3iSW0VyH

The old one was falling apart!

Brill bag, let's no water in

• Registered Users Posts: 8,438 ✭✭✭spacecoyote

I dont care!
    ajcurry123 wrote: »
    We at the golf forum are also happy with your purchases Siobhan ;)

Well one must look their best on the course!

• Advertisement

Well one must look their best on the course!

They're relaxing the rules on carrying laptops as well.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 492 ✭✭TrapperChamonix

Was eying JPX 825 all year. Got them last weekend.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,854 ✭✭✭zuutroy

Custom Ping G25 irons to suit my 6'5" frame. Hope they're worth the moneys! Made the mistake of buying a set of Cobra S3 Max with R-flex and regular length and lie when I came back to the game...now traded them in 3 months later.

Got this Dunlop Water Proof top and bottom combo so I can maybe get a few more games in in bad weather. If it holds up for this winter I think it'll be well worth it,if it lasts longer great.

For under €15 you can't really go wrong :)

• Registered Users Posts: 674 ✭✭✭Dr.Rieux

I started my set today with a Wilson 3 and 5 wood today from McGuirks, getting a bag, driver and irons hopefully early in the week. Went to the driving range in Leopardstown just after and I found the 5 wood to be quite manageable for me (beginner with a small bit of pitch and putt over the years). The 3 wood I was struggling with but hopefully many more visits to the range to come.

• Advertisement

Dr.Rieux wrote: »
    I started my set today with a Wilson 3 and 5 wood today from McGuirks, getting a bag, driver and irons hopefully early in the week. Went to the driving range in Leopardstown just after and I found the 5 wood to be quite manageable for me (beginner with a small bit of pitch and putt over the years). The 3 wood I was struggling with but hopefully many more visits to the range to come.
    I'm pretty much in the same position as you ( used to go to the driving range regular and P&P over the last 6mths) but I've gotten out for 4 games of golf since I started a few weeks back.

I find the 3W hard to hit now aswell even though I used to hit it well at the driving range,the 5w I can hit fairly well still.

Adverts.ie has some great deals on it for irons and all other golfing gear. I got my Cleaveland Hi Bore 5wood and golf trolley off it:)

dan_ep82 wrote: »
    I'm pretty much in the same position as you ( used to go to the driving range regular and P&P over the last 6mths) but I've gotten out for 4 games of golf since I started a few weeks back.

I find the 3W hard to hit now aswell even though I used to hit it well at the driving range,the 5w I can hit fairly well still.

Adverts.ie has some great deals on it for irons and all other golfing gear. I got my Cleaveland Hi Bore 5wood and golf trolley off it:)

I'm getting the irons driver and bag from charlieIRL on adverts.

I'm getting the irons driver and bag from charlieIRL on adverts.

Ah nice,I have the Wilson Staff 1200 GE effect set so they should be similar and I find them good when I connect right,envious of the driver though. I'm going to test a few in the next few weeks to see if I have the right type for myself.

Best of luck with your first round:)

With huge thanks to charlieIRL, today I now have my first full set of clubs. Wilson Staff Di9 irons and a TaylorMade R9 driver to go with the woods I got yesterday and a putter I've had from pitch and putt. All sitting nicely in a Callaway bag :)

With huge thanks to charlieIRL, today I now have my first full set of clubs. Wilson Staff Di9 irons and a TaylorMade R9 driver to go with the woods I got yesterday and a putter I've had from pitch and putt. All sitting nicely in a Callaway bag :)

I've seen him hitting those irons, they should have been decommished with the amount of trouble they brought :)

Only messing, welcome to golf Dr. and fair play Charlie... Hope he roped you into the Boards Golf Society while he was at it.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,906 ✭✭✭✭PhlegmyMoses

Bought a 58 degree Nike VR wedge. Marked down from 75 to 50 in Halpenny. Never liked the sand wedge that I got with my Nike VR cavity set so have wanted to replace it since day one. This wedge is more muscleback than cavity back and feels way less clunky than the old one.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 7,190 Mod ✭✭✭✭charlieIRL

With the way you were hitting those irons on the range tonight you are going to have many happy rounds of golf. Best of luck and will definitely see you for a few rounds.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,677 ✭✭✭shane0007

Just ordered a new putter

http://www.lefthandedgolf.co.uk/odyssey-metal-x-8-putter

Can't wait to try it out!

Also bought a pair of new Ecco Golf Street Shoes from Slave1 on Adverts.ie. I have to say they are the comfiest golf shoes I have ever owned. I would highly recommend them.

shane0007 wrote: »
    Just ordered a new putter

http://www.lefthandedgolf.co.uk/odyssey-metal-x-8-putter

Can't wait to try it out!

Also bought a pair of new Ecco Golf Street Shoes from Slave1 on Adverts.ie. I have to say they are the comment golf shoes I have ever owned. I would highly recommend them.
    I tried a pair of ecco shoes on before and I have to say I haven't ever worn anything as comfortable, the only reason I didnt buy them was due to the one I wanted not being in.

dan_ep82 wrote: »
    I tried a pair of ecco shoes on before and I have ro say I haven't ever worn anythibg as comfortable, the only reason I didnt buy them was due to the one I wanted not being in.

It's the first time for me to own a pair of these type that you can wear in the club house. I have always been a full golf shoe person. I am truly converted. Totally water proof too.

• Advertisement

Impulse buy on Saturday morning as I walked passed the shop in the Spawell, can't go wrong for €50 (RRP €60 but I have the loyalty card with Carr golf)

Edit: I suppose it could go wrong :) but it seems sturdy enough

masters-3-series-3-wheeled-push-golf-trolley.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 973 ✭✭✭paulos53

My new RBZ 3 Wood arrived today. Looking forward to see if I gain any of the promised 27 yards :)

RBZ-Stage-2_Fairway_3_4mednew.jpg

Got a call today from the company in the UK to say they were out of stock of the putter I ordered & so was Odyessy. They then offers a free upgrade to this one, which I happily accepted! Fair play to them as they could have easily just offered a refund.

http://www.lefthandedgolf.co.uk/odyssey-protype-pt-82

• Registered Users Posts: 973 ✭✭✭paulos53

Got a call today from the company in the UK to say they were out of stock of the putter I ordered & so was Odyessy. They then offers a free upgrade to this one, which I happily accepted! Fair play to them as they could have easily just offered a refund.

Nice customer service. Have you used them much before this? If yes, how have you found them in general?

I am a lefty myself and hadn't come across the site until today so might be useful in the future.

I think they are pushing it with the Left Handed Polo Shirt though :pac:
    http://www.lefthandedgolf.co.uk/glenbrae-shirt

No, it was my first time using them. He rang first thing this morning as I only ordered it on-line last night. Very chatty & knowledgeable about the product. He said he got approval for the upgrade before phoning.

I did notice the left hand shirts alright. It's a bit like buying a left hand drive motor bike!

I also noticed they do left handed training aids which always seem to be only for the righties.

• Registered Users Posts: 637 ✭✭✭Arsenium

Wow!! That is exactly the putter type I am after, well the metallic one, rather than the black one. Plus right handed. It'll be a couple of weeks before I can get it, I presume they are in shops in Ireland?

Sorry if this is not suitable for this thread.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,908 ✭✭✭RoadRunner

Getting back into playing recently and got a bunch of stuff over the past few weeks. Have everything I need now.

Callaway Chev Comf shoes £30 online.
    chev_comfort.jpg

2nd hand cobra s9.1 driver. €50 on adverts.
    cobra-s9-1.jpg

52, 56 and 60 degree wedges (tiger shark) to replace my stoneage SW which I hate. €25ea. plus4golf shop, phibsboro. (got a few quick knocked for the three of em!)

ts10.jpg

golf bag (brand?) €50 plus4golf shop, phibsboro.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,430 ✭✭✭Ilik Urgee

DryJoy Tour shoes, my Adidas Powerband have been taking on water for a while now.Rubbish shoe imo. Looking forward to coming home dry next time out:)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 643 ✭✭✭kagni

2nd hand Callaway Razr Hawk Draw driver on Adverts for €50.

New midsize grip for my TaylorMade Rossa Monza Spider, also got a couple of 12gram weights to replace the standard ones.

Advertisement