Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Tell us what you bought?!

Options

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 83 ✭✭14handicap

Purchased:
    3 wood and driver from: http://www.powerbilt.com/
    Got a driver from http://www.cobragolf.com/long-tom-long-drive
    Got 2 golf shirts from http://golf1million.com/shop/
    Got Callaway X hot Pro irons for Christmas so now all ready for the sun to shine and get that handicap down.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,710 ✭✭✭dan_ep82

No, keep it as just "what I bought" posts
    14handicap wrote: »
    Purchased:
    3 wood and driver from: http://www.powerbilt.com/
    Got a driver from http://www.cobragolf.com/long-tom-long-drive
    Got 2 golf shirts from http://golf1million.com/shop/
    Got Callaway X hot Pro irons for Christmas so now all ready for the sun to shine and get that handicap down.
    5.5º?
    How does it play?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 83 ✭✭14handicap

dan_ep82 wrote: »
    5.5º?
    How does it play?

Mine is a 9* degree and I just have to slow down my swing as the club itself increases your swing speed being so light.

You also have to hit the sweet spot as it is less forgiving.
    Got it for €100euro so crazy value even if it didn't suit me.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 139 ✭✭Fanny Brioscaí

I bought myself a Ping Hooper bag and it got tested today after getting caught in the rain on the back 9. It was bit more then i had planned but well worth the extra and it's rain proof.

My scorecard got soaked, can anyone recommend a scorecard holder that will fit in the pocket?

• Registered Users Posts: 808 ✭✭✭SEORG

Got myself a Powakaddy Sport on friday in Nevada Bob's €400 down from €525

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 20,829 ✭✭✭✭FixdePitchmark

After thinking about it for too long and getting too many distances from other (I never asked :p:o )
    I went out and got a Golf Buddy WT3 -

So test in am - the truth about distances will be seen.

No will be interesting to see if it helps my game. I always claimed to be a look and feel player.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,885 ✭✭✭DuckSlice

After thinking about it for too long and getting too many distances from other (I never asked :p:o )

No will be interesting to see if it helps my game. I always claimed to be a look and feel player.

Is that the watch or the handheld? I'm thinking of a DMD myself.

And I'm pretty sure you can ask distances.

etxp wrote: »
    Is that the watch or the handheld? I'm thinking of a DMD myself.

Watch . Don't intend to wear. Just clip onto bag.

Handheld is big money.

Was sort of joking . If your going to ask someone for a distance. Get your own.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 914 ✭✭✭shane 007

etxp wrote: »

Not sure but I always thought you could only ask your caddy if you have one or your team mate in a team event. You could not ask your opponent, but your opponent could offer you the information if they so wished.
    Could be very wrong though.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,118 ✭✭✭✭PARlance

shane 007 wrote: »
    Not sure but I always thought you could only ask your caddy if you have one or your team mate in a team event. You could not ask your opponent, but your opponent could offer you the information if they so wished.
    Could be very wrong though.

You can ask or get distance afaik but he can't give advice.

I.e asking your opponent if it's 150 to the flag is ok.
    Asking him if it's a 7 or 8 iron isn't.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,825 ✭✭✭alxmorgan

PARlance wrote: »
    You can ask or get distance afaik but he can't give advice.

I.e asking your opponent if it's 150 to the flag is ok.
    Asking him if it's a 7 or 8 iron isn't.

Distance is a fact and is therefore allowable. 7 or 8 is opinion and therefore considered advice.

@Fix - can't believe you gave in and bought one. Is nothing sacred anymore !! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 787 ✭✭✭mafc

Reckon it's worth 3 to 4 shots a round, will be interested to hear your feedback

alxmorgan wrote: »
    Distance is a fact and is therefore allowable. 7 or 8 is opinion and therefore considered advice.

@Fix - can't believe you gave in and bought one. Is nothing sacred anymore !! :D

I give in - in the end. I always do.

It was just , I was playing other courses a good bit.
    Some are poorly marked.

Also at a stage I need to know wedge distances.

will see not convinced my scores will drop.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,498 ✭✭✭spacecoyote

I dont care!
    I give in - in the end. I always do.

It was just , I was playing other courses a good bit.
    Some are poorly marked.

Also at a stage I need to know wedge distances.

will see not convinced my scores will drop.

I find that one of the biggest helps is being able to see front mid & back distances on greens. You could easily have 2 clubs difference from front to back on some greens. That's where I think you'll find the benefit

• Registered Users Posts: 1,871 ✭✭✭Macker1

Picked up a WT3 at Xmas and so far I'm very happy with the info it provides. It takes most of the indecision out of your shot making when it tells you the distances to your target including hazards. Especially great when playing away on courses that you would not be familiar with.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,116 ✭✭✭benny79

All the pros use distances devises so why not! I think the garmin S3 on amazon is a steal! got mine last wk and used it the wkend even though I got drowned I taught it was great and defo saved me a few shots and help you choose what club to play much quicker!

benny79 wrote: »
    All the pros use distances devises so why not! I think the garmin S3 on amazon is a steal! got mine last wk and used it the wkend even though I got drowned I taught it was great and defo saved me a few shots and help you choose what club to play much quicker!

I was without my watch on an away course last week, mightn't have slowed me down much but I was running to check distances as others hit. Definitely makes for a more pleasant round (and probably does knock time off).

How much was the S3?
    I have the S1 and don't think I could justify the price difference. Does it give more info than front, middle, back?

• Registered Users Posts: 95 ✭✭HB2002

For people who play all through the winter.... get a pair of these.

http://www.onlinegolf.eu/palm-grove-cold-weather-trousers-251922.html

Seriously the best purchase I've made for myself in a long long time.
    You just don't feel the cold in them at all.:)

I was without my watch on an away course last week, mightn't have slowed me down much but I was running to check distances as others hit. Definitely makes for a more pleasant round (and probably does knock time off).

How much was the S3?
    I have the S1 and don't think I could justify the price difference. Does it give more info than front, middle, back?

I was looking at the S1 but prefered something that can give you a fly over it was £99 works out €120 p&p you have to get battries or invest in rechargables which I have yet to do.

It gives you lay up distances, measure's shots, and you can move the flag around the green for F, M, B are even side to side etc thats all you need IMO. it got great reviews on amazon I read all them 50 + if its golf related Im addicted icon10.png Defo saves me time and saves a few shots I feel less stressed if that makes sense. I'm a distance man were my mates are just look guys knowwonder were all high HC's!

That's a great price, I think they're still around 270 in most retailers.

Didn't think they could fit much more functionality in but that sounds great.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,526 ✭✭✭Slicemeister

4-PW Callaway X Hot irons , traded in my old set,I'm sure I heard a whimper as I handed them over.
    Cleveland 588 Rotex 52 and 58' wedges.

Budget well and truly blown for the year!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,885 ✭✭✭DuckSlice

That's a great price, I think they're still around 270 in most retailers.

Didn't think they could fit much more functionality in but that sounds great.

Are you getting mixed up with the watch? I don't think it is the watch that he has!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 879 ✭✭✭Montgolfier

Bought 6 golf lessons and really impressed with my swing. It was the lessons or Mizuno EZ forged but seeing long irons are not on the menu anymore I decided to stick with the TM mc's lovely irons

Sorry it was the Garmin G3 I purchased (S3 is a watch) The G3 is a hand held not a watch, just to clarify

• Registered Users Posts: 3,791 ✭✭✭Panrich

Bought an Orange Whip trainer last week. Not sure how it's going to help me but it seems to give me better feel for the swing.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 914 ✭✭✭shane 007

Well my Ping Karsten's arrived today. Smile from ear to ear until my wife told me I can't use them until my birthday (Tuesday) Grrr......
    Low & behold a guy texts me to buy my old set & we do the deal! No clubs for my morning's game. So she gave in! There is a God.... ⛳

• Registered Users Posts: 3,337 ✭✭✭Wombatman

Bought a set of Wilson Ci11 irons off Adverts last night for €150. In immaculate condition. Hit them for the first time tonight at the Spawell range. Madly in love.

ci11_iron.jpg

Wilson-Staff-Ci11-face.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 192 ✭✭jokser250

Got a masters 3 wheel push trolley on Thursday , got to test it out yesterday , major improvement on the two wheel version .

• Registered Users Posts: 7,737 ✭✭✭Bluefoam

Just getting back into the game after a couple of years away, I'm a high handicapper...

Selling:
    Callaway X14's 1, 3-PW & SW,
    Mizuno Driving Iron 18 degree
    Big Bertha 1 wood
    Old Callaway bag...

Replacing with:
    Ogio Bag
    MD, NV Drew Wedges - 56 & 60
    Callaway Razr X HL 4-PW, graphite shafts

I want to get serious about breaking 100... The new clubs aren't likely to do it, but we'll see if they're a bit more forgiving...

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 879 ✭✭✭Montgolfier

I bought a laser rangefinder from the usa.
    Said to shave several strokes off your game Lol...
    Nice bit of kit though had a golf buddy voice before that.
    Not a popular brand this side of the pond don't know why? American army use them, not just for golf

Advertisement