Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Games with Gold

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Arts Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 10,617 Mod ✭✭✭✭Hellrazer

Nothing in mine.
    Anyway found a work around.
    Searched the store for "dragon rising" and it let me install it from there.
    Strange one though.

Used to love this on the PC.

• Moderators, Arts Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 10,617 Mod ✭✭✭✭Hellrazer

Ah here--nooby here hasn't a fooking clue!!!
    I scrolled across to the right as stonedeaf said and there it is a big fook off label saying

"READY TO INSTALL"

And under that are a load of Xbox 360 games.Are these free aswell or will I need the discs to play them??
    I must have bought them a good few years back from live when I did have a 360.
    Never even saw that section before!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 8,798 ✭✭✭MiskyBoyy

Hellrazer wrote: »
    I scrolled across to the right as stonedeaf said and there it is a big fook off label saying

"READY TO INSTALL"

And under that are a load of Xbox 360 games.Are these free aswell or will I need the discs to play them??

:pac: If they're in your ready to install list, then you should be able to play them alright :)

• Registered Users Posts: 7,997 ✭✭✭Stone Deaf 4evr

"READY TO INSTALL"

If they're there, they're available for download, looks like Xmas came a bit early for you!

• Registered Users Posts: 9,504 ✭✭✭runawaybishop

"READY TO INSTALL"

Sometimes that takes a while to appear, in fairness to you :)

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 21,653 Mod ✭✭✭✭helimachoptor

just looking on GWG site, it says Halo reach was available, any idea when that was?

I assume you cant go back in time and download it from anywhere?

just looking on GWG site, it says Halo reach was available, any idea when that was?

I assume you cant go back in time and download it from anywhere?

September 15th - September 30th 2014

Nah, you can't get it anywhere for free once it's gone.

You can see full list of gwg and when they were here: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_Games_with_Gold_games

• Registered Users Posts: 2,247 ✭✭✭Max Mafioso

Rorok wrote: »
    Its coming up €15 for me

CDKeys have Max: The Curse of Brotherhood as a Digital Code for both 360 and One. The 360 is €0.54 and the One is €2.74 if anyone is still looking for it
    There is also Gears of War: Ultimate Edition Xbox One - Digital Code for €26.15

Games with Gold: January

Xbox One

Killer Instinct: Season 1 Ultra Edition - 01-Jan - 31-Jan
    Zheros (TBA) - 16-Jan - 15-Feb

Xbox 360

DiRT Showdown - 01-Jan - 15-Jan
    Deus Ex: Human Revolution - 16-Jan - 31-Jan

Here is Zheros

• Registered Users Posts: 6,618 ✭✭✭Mr Freeze

At the risk of sounding like a bitter auld man. Roll on Feb. :pac: Re the xbox one titles.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,934 ✭✭✭rizzla

I loved Killer Instinct, not even a fighting game fan but I bought the ultra edition. I think you get the original KI with the ultra edition so that's technically another game too.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 699 ✭✭✭Rorok

Excited for deus ex and killer instinct
    Never played any of the deus ex games and I don't own a fighting game so its all g.
    Ill probably play zheoros but won't finish the game

• Registered Users Posts: 5,416 ✭✭✭FAILSAFE 00

Excited for deus ex and killer instinct
    Never played any of the deus ex games and I don't own a fighting game so its all g.
    Ill probably play zheoros but won't finish the game

You're in for a treat with Deus Ex HE.
    Fantastic game.

Killer Instinct: Ultra Edition Season 1 is now free with gold: https://store.xbox.com/en-IE/Xbox-One/DLC/Killer-Instinct-Ultra-Edition-Add-On/743bcfc6-aca4-4e86-a0b8-0ae3572712f7

You have to "buy" the free Killer Instinct first to be able to use the Season 1 above: https://store.xbox.com/en-IE/Xbox-One/Games/Killer-Instinct/8b4cfd5d-52ff-4ca0-b5e2-112d7fd09830

Rest of the GWG aren't available just yet.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,197 ✭✭✭SuperS54

MiskyBoyy wrote: »

GRrrrrrr region blocked, as was Flashpoint last month, PITA.:mad:

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 10,279 Mod ✭✭✭✭CatInABox

SuperS54 wrote: »

Yup, total pain as I'm back in Ireland for Christmas and New Years. At least I'll be able to get Dirt when I go back, but I've missed Flashpoint for good now.

SuperS54 wrote: »

Region blocked?

I was able to purchase both Flashpoint & Dirt Showdown no problem, my account is set to Ireland & I didn't use any workaround to purchase or download??
    CatInABox wrote: »
    Yup, total pain as I'm back in Ireland for Christmas and New Years. At least I'll be able to get Dirt when I go back, but I've missed Flashpoint for good now.

What country do you normally reside in Cat?

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 10,279 Mod ✭✭✭✭CatInABox

Region blocked?

I was able to purchase both Flashpoint & Dirt Showdown no problem, my account is set to Ireland & I didn't use any workaround to purchase or download??

What country do you normally reside in Cat?

I'm in the UK normally, back in Ireland for most of December and start of January. Microsoft made me change region to the UK a while back, and now I can't get the region locked games until I'm back there. Bit of a pain, but then again, maybe they're just doing me a favour, I've got the Witcher 2 and 3, and GTA 5 to get through on PC before any other games.

Have to finish Horizon 2 as well, but that's a game I can dip in and out of.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,197 ✭✭✭SuperS54

Region blocked?

My account is set to Ireland but I'm living in Asia. Can't change region as I have an Irish XBOX and DVD's, I'm told they will no longer work if I change so just have to accept it I suppose. Was able to use a VPN until mid last year when MS seem to have figured out how to block them.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,273 ✭✭✭Gizmo55

Zheros is free now on Games with Gold.

Gizmo55 wrote: »
    Zheros is free now on Games with Gold.

Better renew my gold for deus ex too

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,678 ✭✭✭TrustedApple

Better renew my gold for deus ex too

Be my 4th time owning the game :pac:. But what makes it funnyer i still have not played any of them.

Got it for the PC for like 3.50 never downloaded and installed
    Got on PSN+ same
    Got it for the WII U for 5 pound sit has its plastic on it
    Now on the xbox will i play it ?. Nope ha ha

Be my 4th time owning the game :pac:. But what makes it funnyer i still have not played any of them.

Got it for the PC for like 3.50 never downloaded and installed
    Got on PSN+ same
    Got it for the WII U for 5 pound sit has its plastic on it
    Now on the xbox will i play it ?. Nope ha ha

Id say itll be like valiant hearts for me, great game that I really enjoy but can't get around to finishing it

• Registered Users Posts: 5,737 ✭✭✭Hococop

Id say itll be like valiant hearts for me, great game that I really enjoy but can't get around to finishing it

Played it on Sunday, won it on the day, finish it rorok, its very good and got great reading (interesting and sad) out of the facts of ww1

Hococop wrote: »
    Played it on Sunday, won it on the day, finish it rorok, its very good and got great reading (interesting and sad) out of the facts of ww1

I almost startedtocry at the very start, Anna is my favourite character

• Registered Users Posts: 1,611 ✭✭✭tony1980

I almost startedtocry at the very start, Anna is my favourite character

Got around to finishing it earlier, excellent little game! Loved the history of World War 1 in it and the story and music were great!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,100 ✭✭✭trixiebust

Thought I was the only one. Think it was easily the best GWG in the past year, and I keep meaning to go back to it, but the backlog grows and grows!

• Advertisement

The one game Zheros has broken achievements ,surprise, surprise :mad:

Seems to be a recurring theme on ID@Xbox titles that go GwG

Advertisement