Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Games with Gold

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 27,926 ✭✭✭✭TitianGerm

Damien360 wrote: »
    It a bit weirder than that. I had previously removed my CC details from the account and could not purchase free content. I did this as the young lad primarily plays the XB1.

So yesterday I bought €10 via a digital gift card from the MS store using a PayPal account. They were out of stock on cdkeys. The €10 was applied and they also took the details of the PayPal and added it as a payment option. When I then went to download Deus ex, it linked to the PayPal account (did not charge) rather than the €10 on the account.

Yes you were logged into your Microsoft Account when buying the gift card and that's linked to your Gamertag now. There's no harm in it. If you don't want your son purchasing content without you knowing just turn on the parental controls.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,399 ✭✭✭✭ThunbergsAreGo

Witcher 2 says Bundle only for me, have i missed the boat?

• Registered Users Posts: 9,504 ✭✭✭runawaybishop

naughtb4 wrote: »
    Witcher 2 says Bundle only for me, have i missed the boat?

The free version is the enhanced edition

http://marketplace.xbox.com/en-IE/Product/The-Witcher-2/66acd000-77fe-1000-9115-d8024e4d0855

• Registered Users Posts: 10,399 ✭✭✭✭ThunbergsAreGo

Thanks! Would have been raging to have missed that!

Should i play this before W3?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,618 ✭✭✭Mr Freeze

naughtb4 wrote: »
    Should i play this before W3?

Not essential.

But if you are going to play both, why not do it in order.

Anyone care to predict February GwG titles? I'm gonna go with a new Indy title and Zoo Tycoon. (Apparently some sites expect Hand of Fate to be free).
    Not even gonna try guess the 360 ones.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 699 ✭✭✭Rorok

Mr Freeze wrote: »
    Not essential.

Anyone care to predict February GwG titles? I'm gonna go with a new Indy title and Zoo Tycoon. (Apparently some sites expect Hand of Fate to be free).

I really want zoo tycoon, I am expecting a xbox exclusive though, small chance dead rising 3, maybe sunset overdrive it's three years old and Im pretty sure has a good bit of dlc, an assasians creed chronicles could be it

Oh and lets not forget Ryse

• Administrators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,193 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Mickeroo

Not essential.

I reckon Halo 4 will go gwg soon.

Rorok wrote: »
    I really want zoo tycoon, I am expecting a xbox exclusive though, small chance dead rising 3, maybe sunset overdrive it's three years old and Im pretty sure has a good bit of dlc, an assasians creed chronicles could be it

It won't be Sunset Overdrive. It's still selling very well.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 699 ✭✭✭Rorok

Forgot to mention Ryse

• Registered Users Posts: 99 ✭✭TweekeewT

Rorok wrote: »

Oh and lets not forget Ryse
    Uh, what? It's barely 15 months since it was released. The console itself isn't even three years old!

• Advertisement

TweekeewT wrote: »
    Uh, what? It's barely 15 months since it was released. The console itself isn't even three years old!

Think he meant Dead Rising 3 is nearly 3 years old. Not SO.

Looking like it is Hand of Fate for the first half of Feb anyways. Unless the images leaked are photoshopped.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,593 ✭✭✭theteal

So I thought that upgrading to the One would see me actually play the free games. . .nope, yet to launch Deus Ex or The Witcher

What are the chances of ever seeing any of the SF4 versions go backwards compatible? I tried Killer Instint, it's absolute pish!

• Registered Users Posts: 7,593 ✭✭✭theteal

So I thought that upgrading to the One would see me actually play the free games. . .nope, yet to launch Deus Ex or The Witcher

What are the chances of ever seeing any of the SF4 versions go backwards compatible? I tried Killer Instint, it's absolute pish!

theteal wrote: »

Why cant you play them?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,391 ✭✭✭Fingleberries

Why cant you play them?
    Less a case of "can't", more "hasn't yet"

• Registered Users Posts: 1,312 ✭✭✭druss

Are the timings for Games with Gold announcements always so vague? I haven't had the Xbox long, but looking back on the thread:

October 28 for November games.
    November 24 for both December games.
    December 21 for the January games.

That seems terribly random! Whereas the Deals with Gold seem a lot more defined.

druss wrote: »
    That seems terribly random! Whereas the Deals with Gold seem a lot more defined.

Well Deals with Gold is always a Tuesday.

Someone said here before that the GwG announcements is always on the last Thursday of the month, thats gone to hell lately, it literally could be any time in the last 2 weeks of the month.

• Registered Users Posts: 27,322 ✭✭✭✭super_furry

It tends to be just after it leaks. Someone on twitter/reddit leaks the games and Major Nelson quickly announces them.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,205 ✭✭✭Spudman_20000

Less a case of "can't", more "hasn't yet"

Since the backwards compatibility came in, I have a huge backlog of games:
    2 Rainbow Six's that came with Rainbow 6 Siege
    Fallout 3 that came with Fallout 4
    Deus Ex
    The Witcher 2

Not a prayer I'll get to play all of these.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,319 ✭✭✭Al_Coholic

anyway to change the sensitivity for the right analog stick for witcher2 on xbox1

• Advertisement

Al_Coholic wrote: »
    anyway to change the sensitivity for the right analog stick for witcher2 on xbox1

Not in the settings?

If not can you adjust using the controller customisation app?

Really looks like Hand of Fate could be one of the XBOX One titles next month.
    I was waiting to get it in a sale, so if this is true and its free. Thats a win for me.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,798 ✭✭✭MiskyBoyy

My question answered...

• Registered Users Posts: 3,661 ✭✭✭Corvo

Everytime I go to download a BC game, it asks me for an authorisation code?

Corvo wrote: »
    Everytime I go to download a BC game, it asks me for an authorisation code?

Really? Like your live account password?

Really? Like your live account password?

I honestly dont know what it is. It only appears for the backwards compatible stuff. Says I should get it off the app!

• Registered Users Posts: 9,197 ✭✭✭maximoose

Is it an authorisation request?

Always asks me for them when I use browsers in work, download the Microsoft Account app to your phone - it sends a little verification request each time you try to access account details/make purchases and you just tap approve on your phone.

I honestly dont know what it is. It only appears for the backwards compatible stuff. Says I should get it off the app!

Thats an auth request to prove you are who you say you are. It sends a mail, sends a text or uses an app to auth.

Thanks for all the help, got it sorted and got Deus Ex - HR and The Witcher 2.

Any other free titles?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,798 ✭✭✭MiskyBoyy

Thanks for all the help, got it sorted and got Deus Ex - HR and The Witcher 2.

Any other free titles?

Killer Instinct Season 1 & Zheros but you may have got them already.

Advertisement