Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Qualifiers Round 2

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,909 ✭✭✭Neeson

Who's Jim?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,134 ✭✭✭Tom Joad

Neeson wrote: »
    Who's Jim?

Which sister is he talking about is the important question!!:D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,066 ✭✭✭manofwisdom

Neeson wrote: »
    Who's Jim?

Brother of

tumblr_mklzvkQsXM1r30se1o1_500.jpg

Any excuse to post a picture of her :P

• Registered Users Posts: 1,101 ✭✭✭derealbadger

Good girl Sharon

• Registered Users Posts: 22,249 ✭✭✭✭Lemlin

Good girl Sharon

That's Andrea!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,101 ✭✭✭derealbadger

Lemlin wrote: »
    That's Andrea!

No they have just been pretending its Andrea its really Sharon but they thought they would sell more albums if they pretended that they were each other, I think I need to lie down

Look at my post count everything I have to say on boards will have to be in this post as an edit so what do ye think of the Tour De France

• Registered Users Posts: 6,593 ✭✭✭DoctaDee

Is that you Jim by the way your sister's are hot

There's only one David Icke -- dunno whether he has sisters tho .. and if he does well they're probably shape shifting reptiles drinking the blood of virgins to hold human form - they'd starve around my place :D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,826 ✭✭✭intellectual dosser

Plenty of people have alleged over time that the draw is rigged. Even several county players at the weekend tweeted about it.

During the 00's it was widely believed that Ulster counties were drawn against each other in the early rounds to knock some of them out when Ulster was particulary strong.

There are plenty of Chinese whispers about the draw being rigged.

OK, but I think what you'd really be looking for is someone involved in the draw a few years back to come out and say "Yeah, we did it over a few times until the GAA were happy with the pairings"

The tweets at the weekend are allegations - not genuine whispers.

OK, but I think what you'd really be looking for is someone involved in the draw a few years back to come out and say "Yeah, we did it over a few times until the GAA were happy with the pairings"

The tweets at the weekend are allegations - not genuine whispers.

In fairness no former official of the GAA is going to come out and say that.

Do you think Dublin really could have that good a run of luck that they drew London, Leitrim and Longford? Before drawing Roscommon, also probably the weakest then of the teams left.

Also, it's been alleged before that local rivals meet a bit too much in the qualifiers e.g. Laois and Carlow, Cavan and Fermanagh, Down and Derry this year.

It means plenty of interest in the games and crowds will travel when game is local to both counties.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,593 ✭✭✭DoctaDee

In fairness no former official of the GAA is going to come out and say that.

Do you think Dublin really could have that good a run of luck that they drew London, Leitrim and Longford? Before drawing Roscommon, also probably the weakest then of the teams left.

Also, it's been alleged before that local rivals meet a bit too much in the qualifiers e.g. Laois and Carlow, Cavan and Fermanagh, Down and Derry this year.

It means plenty of interest in the games and crowds will travel when game is local to both counties.

I think Dublin should be put straight into the semi finals each year ... save all that hooky draw shenanigans then have a separate qualifier draw if we lose in the semi's.....

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,890 ✭✭✭Coillte_Bhoy

I'm surprised no one has mentioned the validity of the draw itself.
    Whats the chances of Derry being drawn against Down - having played them already, ditto for Cavan v Fermanagh. I'm sure the odds must be up there close to a lotto win. Also, how convenient that Clare draw Laois, playing them in the hurling as well....no surprise there either. I hope there were no Ernst and Young auditors watching over the draw!

why would a draw be rigged to fix Derry V Down or Cavan V fermanagh?? im sure they are sick of each other and as for the odds being lottoesque, probability is obv not your strong point

why would a draw be rigged to fix Derry V Down or Cavan V fermanagh?? im sure they are sick of each other and as for the odds being lottoesque, probability is obv not your strong point

1. 8 Ulster teams left. That draw will get rid of at least 2.
    2. Two fierce local rivals so a crowd is guaranteed.
    2. Game will be local to both sets of supporters so not far to travel.

I'm sure there are plenty of other reasons but those spring to mind.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 11,393 Mod ✭✭✭✭Hammer Archer

Not half an hour gone in Carrick and the game's already over. 3-4 to 2 points to Armagh.

Now 4-4!

Christ 6-11 to 5 now. Ridiculous number of complete mismatches this year. Armagh's last two games, it's been 8-32 to 7 points so far.

Armagh player to finish top scorer this year?

8-12 to 8 points?

Gone to Rot.

Good luck to them.

• Registered Users Posts: 583 ✭✭✭68Murph68

Christ 6-11 to 5 now. Ridiculous number of complete mismatches this year. Armagh's last two games, it's been 8-32 to 7 points so far.

There has been 17 games involving Division 4 teams this year.

The record of Division 4 teams is P17 W3 D1 L14

The wins were when Leitrim beat New York, London beat Leitrim and London beat Sligo. The draw was when Leitrim and London drew.

So out of the 3 wins, 1 was against another Division 4 side, 1 was against a side that isn't even in the league and the other was a one point win over a side that just avoided relegation to Division 4. The draw was against another Division 4 side.

The average losing margin in the 13 games that Division 4 sides have lost is 14 points.

Really have to wonder what Division 4 teams are doing in the Championship beyond making up the numbers.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,631 ✭✭✭Dirty Dingus McGee

68Murph68 wrote: »
    There has been 17 games involving Division 4 teams this year.

The record of Division 4 teams is P17 W3 D1 L14

The wins were when Leitrim beat New York, London beat Leitrim and London beat Sligo. The draw was when Leitrim and London drew.

So out of the 3 wins, 1 was against another Division 4 side, 1 was against a side that isn't even in the league and the other was a one point win over a side that just avoided relegation to Division 4. The draw was against another Division 4 side.

The average losing margin in the 13 games that Division 4 sides have lost is 14 points.

Really have to wonder what Division 4 teams are doing in the Championship beyond making up the numbers.

Division 4 team are in division 4 for a reason the championship is a cup competition so you are going to get mismatches.The reason there has been so many hidings dished out this year is that some division 4 teams once they are knocked out of the provincial championships are simply not bothering with the qualifiers.There is no way a fully focused intercounty team can concede 8 goals.

There is no point in a lot of those teams playing in these matches as they are not going to get anywhere tangible unless they get a handy draw and the qualifiers in the main benefit the teams in the top 2 divisions by giving them a chance to make up for any mistakes they made in the provincial championships very few division 4 teams have gotten anything put of the qualifiers over the years except a few hammerings.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,075 ✭✭✭✭Fr Tod Umptious

Division 4 team are in division 4 for a reason the championship is a cup competition so you are going to get mismatches.The reason there has been so many hidings dished out this year is that some division 4 teams once they are knocked out of the provincial championships are simply not bothering with the qualifiers.There is no way a fully focused intercounty team can concede 8 goals.

There is no point in a lot of those teams playing in these matches as they are not going to get anywhere tangible unless they get a handy draw and the qualifiers in the main benefit the teams in the top 2 divisions by giving them a chance to make up for any mistakes they made in the provincial championships very few division 4 teams have gotten anything put of the qualifiers over the years except a few hammerings.

But we have been here before with the exclusion of Div 4 teams from the qualifiers and that did not work

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 7,631 ✭✭✭Dirty Dingus McGee

But we have been here before with the exclusion of Div 4 teams from the qualifiers and that did not work

The provincial championships and league are really the only thing the smaller counties are concerned with. Offalys aim this year would have been to get promoted from division 4 and give Kildare a run for their money in Leinster. We did both of these and then 5 of our players headed off for America.If they were fully focussed on the qualifiers they would have stayed.According to a poster on hoganstand Leitrim were missing ten players from their starting team.

I am not really sure what can be done about this though.Frankly I looked forward to the league a lot more this year than the championship because we were playing against teams of our own standard.I think this years championship might convince a few of the people on Eugene McGee's panel that a change in championship format is need and perhaps we should have a structure similar to hurling.

HT in the other three football games:
    Kildare 0-8 Louth 0-10
    Longford 0-8, Wexford 0-4
    Cavan 1-7, Fermanagh 0-5

Sounds like a good game in Newbridge. Lead has changed hands a good few times. Cavan look good in Breffni.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,745 ✭✭✭kksaints

Was there a brawl at half time in the Cavan match? Rte text commentary said something about unsavory images at Brefini park.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,625 ✭✭✭✭Johner

Cavan putting on a great performance by the sound of it.

Cavan down to 14 leading 1-10 to 0-7 Kildare v Louth,Wexford v longford level

Kildare go ahead. Louth have missed some handy frees by the sounds of it.

Fermanagh down to 13 now

Game over in Newbridge.
    1-17 to 15 to Kildare now.

Longford Wexford ended in a draw a big fight on the final whistle. Extra time to be played.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,981 ✭✭✭TheMilkyPirate

Could anyone who has he time post score updates from the wexford match, RTE site is slow

Advertisement