Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Ireland:AM TV3

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,101 ✭✭✭Max Headroom

Weather guy needs f**king off

Alan...or hipster dude..or both...??:)

• Registered Users Posts: 781 ✭✭✭davyboy1975

Thank god they've ditched Desmond - awful awful presenter

Give Anna the gig full time, Ciara at weekends, and give Laura her p45

Anna was on it before, they created the weekend show for her specifically. Guess she gets to spend more time with her kids that way

• Registered Users Posts: 1,332 ✭✭✭Always Be Closing

Anna was on it before, they created the weekend show for her specifically. Guess she gets to spend more time with her kids that way

Anna by far the most natural presenter they have - seems thoroughly likable too, and is rather easy on the eye

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,046 ✭✭✭Berserker

Anna by far the most natural presenter they have - seems thoroughly likable too, and is rather easy on the eye

Anna comes across as a decent sort alright. Have no issue with Laura either. Not a fan of the lad who covers sport at the weekend. Knows very little about football at the professional levels that's for sure. Seems to frustrate the hell out of the panelists on their CL broadcasts.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,105 ✭✭✭drugstore cowboy

Berserker wrote: »
    Anna comes across as a decent sort alright.

So does the northern Irish girl and for magazine shows like Ireland AM that's the biggest part of the job, Desmond was utterly false but the accent was hilarious so I'll give her credit for that. It was as if she was on the couch every morning daydreaming of the inevitable phone calls that would come offering her Primetime, Claire Byrnes slot and the Late Late gig.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 465 ✭✭Ewan Hoosarmi

Anna comes across as a decent sort alright. Have no issue with Laura either. Not a fan of the lad who covers sport at the weekend. Knows very little about football at the professional levels that's for sure. Seems to frustrate the hell out of the panelists on their CL broadcasts.
    The only thing that irks me about Anna is when she says "isn't it" it comes out as "issinsuss"

Actually, while I'm on a rant. The whole RTE accent gets under my fingernails. Its footage, not futtige! And as for 'professional' speakers constantly going ahh or emmm every second word!

I feel better, thanks. :o

• Registered Users Posts: 1,105 ✭✭✭drugstore cowboy

The only thing that irks me about Anna is when she says "isn't it" it comes out as "issinsuss"

Actually, while I'm on a rant. The whole RTE accent gets under my fingernails. Its footage, not futtige! And as for 'professional' speakers constantly going ahh or emmm every second word!

:D Anna does try to poshen herself up during more serious interviews but I'll forgive her as I suspect she's good craic with a few drinks inside her.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,101 ✭✭✭Max Headroom

Dont get me started on Maura Derrane's voice...she's too old to say "you guys" and Daithi..its "Ma,mammy, mum...but NEVER "Mom"....:mad:

Anna does try sometimes to posh it up and give it a bit of D4 but she'll always be 'All fur coat No Knickers' :D

Agree re: Sinead- I've seen more warmth eminate from a corpse than from her - so fake and false- harps on about being a journalist but she wrote for the bloody Sun and Mirror ffs

• Registered Users Posts: 2,673 ✭✭✭exaisle

<snip>Anna does try sometimes to posh it up and give it a bit of D4 but she'll always be 'All fur coat No Knickers' :D
    <snip>

ooh....now there's a thought...

Looks like Clare McKenna is now relief presenter for Ciara....both eh...very attractive ladies IMHO....

• Advertisement

exaisle wrote: »
    ooh....now there's a thought...

Looks like Clare McKenna is now relief presenter for Ciara....both eh...very attractive ladies IMHO....

To each their own m8 - Clare is Jack Nicholsons Joker - looks like a botched botox job on her Filter Tips.

I had a tenner on Ciara in the 3.05 @ Haydock on Saturday @ 10/1

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,046 ✭✭✭Berserker

Where did Clare come from? Don't remember seeing her on tv before.

Where did Clare come from? Don't remember seeing her on tv before.

She's been on Today FM but she presented Ireland AM about 3 or 4 years ago (as a relief presenter I think) too.

I had a tenner on Ciara in the 3.05 @ Haydock on Saturday @ 10/1

Did she win?

• Registered Users Posts: 655 ✭✭✭Bellerstring

I presume you're referring to Tommy Martin.
    Knows more about soccer than any presenter on RTE (I'm lookin at YOU Darragh Moloney)
    On CL nights on TV3 he is so comfortable in the company of Souness & Lennon.
    Don't know the guy from Adam, but am actually proud at how professional he is on what would be regarded as a mickey mouse channel.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,817 ✭✭✭liam7831

I presume you're referring to Tommy Martin. Knows more about soccer than any presenter on RTE (I'm lookin at YOU Darragh Moloney) On CL nights on TV3 he is so comfortable in the company of Souness & Lennon. Don't know the guy from Adam, but am actually proud at how professional he is on what would be regarded as a mickey mouse channel.

Tommy, I can't do anything without drinking out of my silly cup

I'm meh about Tommy Martin - can take him or leave him

The rugby/football segment with Fatboy Cooney and Shane Byrne/Paddy Mulligan is horrendous though

How Cooney has a job in tv I'll never know

• Registered Users Posts: 2,817 ✭✭✭liam7831

Where did big Trevor Welch go ?

liam7831 wrote: »
    Where did big Trevor Welch go ?

Doesn't he do commentary on the Champions League games with Mark Lawrenson?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,674 ✭✭✭thesultan

Will Lisa cannon come back in to replace sinead or will it be Claire McKenna?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,133 ✭✭✭Patty O Furniture

She's been on Today FM but she presented Ireland AM about 3 or 4 years ago (as a relief presenter I think) too.

Yeah, i remember her from Todayfm, i was wondering where she went, i usually have radio on, but i see her here, when i googled it
    It may explain why she took time off

Also see someone's description of her on the 1st page here, ;-)

https://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showpost.php?p=85296232&postcount=11

I presume you're referring to Tommy Martin.
    Knows more about soccer than any presenter on RTE (I'm lookin at YOU Darragh Moloney)
    On CL nights on TV3 he is so comfortable in the company of Souness & Lennon.
    Don't know the guy from Adam, but am actually proud at how professional he is on what would be regarded as a mickey mouse channel.

I'd heard once that he got some radio award for a sports segment or something when he was with 98FM?

But a lot better than Trevor Welch
    thesultan wrote: »

She covered for Anna when she was on Maternity leave, she's got Box Office now at the moment on TV3, afaik she done a masters in Film?

Yeah Cannon is decent - when she's not whoring herself and her hobbit rugby fella around RSVP and VIP magazines she actually knows her stuff when it comes to movies, as does Gordon Hayden who's always worth a listen to

Gadget guy Colm Baker is a different gravy altogether - absolute dope

• Registered Users Posts: 5,133 ✭✭✭Patty O Furniture

Yeah Cannon is decent - when she's not whoring herself and her hobbit rugby fella around RSVP and VIP magazines she actually knows her stuff when it comes to movies, as does Gordon Hayden who's always worth a listen to

Gadget guy Colm Baker is a different gravy altogether - absolute

dope

Who's the rugby fella?
    Does Gordon do those funny videos on TV3? I usually see it on Sat evening
    & isn't he married to someone in TV3?
    & Lisa isn't the only one ;) as i see Karen Koster's husband has his Insurance company on the w/end shows either sponsoring the weekend show or just an ad alone afaik

thesultan wrote: »

Neither...looks like Ciara Doherty is presenting 4 days a week with Clare McKenna in for the fifth..

Who's the rugby fella?

Richard Keatley...he plays rugby league...probably why we haven't heard of him..

She's taller than him

OUCH

Neither...looks like Ciara Doherty is presenting 4 days a week with Clare McKenna in for the fifth..

I'm happy with that setup

• Registered Users Posts: 2,506 ✭✭✭California Dreamer

I'm happy with that setup

Be happier with the other way round!

Be happier with the other way round!

They were both on today so everybody's happy.... :-)

Mind you, Clare was on the other day in a rather revealing short dress. Not that I'm complaining mind....

• Advertisement

She's taller than him

OUCH

Then he must be tiny because shes 5'4"....

Heels don't count...even if he IS wearing them :-)

Advertisement