Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Ireland:AM TV3

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 421 ✭✭banoffe2

Sinead Desmond seems to be absent for a while the stand is is very good IMO
    seems more grounded and better presentation skills
    Ciara must be still on honeymoon, good presenter too

• Registered Users Posts: 1,807 ✭✭✭Mr Velo

Where has Sinead Desmond gone?

• Registered Users Posts: 655 ✭✭✭Bellerstring

Mr Velo wrote: »

Africa or somesuch....

• Registered Users Posts: 1,807 ✭✭✭Mr Velo

Africa or somesuch....
    I dont think so. I know there's a piece on there with her in Africa (shoebox appeal) - but don't think that's where she is right now. Think there's something more to it.

• Registered Users Posts: 421 ✭✭banoffe2

No idea where Sinead is gone, must say I think I prefere the other 3 female presenters, Anna, Kiera and Laura Woods.?

• Advertisement

I dont think so. I know there's a piece on there with her in Africa (shoebox appeal) - but don't think that's where she is right now. Think there's something more to it.

Hmmm.......just noticed that Shoebox Appeal promo on Ireland AM this morning.
    Sinead isn't in it anymore..............:-/

• Registered Users Posts: 2,522 ✭✭✭California Dreamer

Be nice if they could extend the clothing allowance for Aidan Cooney a bit more. The same black suit, black shirt and blue tie makes an appearance at least once a week!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,680 ✭✭✭thesultan

Ciara is back from honeymoon , very stylish

• Registered Users Posts: 2,490 ✭✭✭amtc

Could Anna Daly stop leaning into camera and swaying...makes me quite nauseous in the morning. Like she's permanently on a boat.

Plus the first traffic report at 7.30 is a bit ridiculous. I had to be in town for 8.30 yesterday and I would've needed to know at 7.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,998 ✭✭✭iseegirls

• Advertisement

• Registered Users Posts: 1,105 ✭✭✭drugstore cowboy

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,046 ✭✭✭Berserker

iseegirls wrote: »

Interesting, was wondering where she had gone. Guessing Ciara has got the gig. Anna and Laura are holding the fort at the weekends. Sinead is actually a very bright lady. Fluent in French, German and Italian.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,862 ✭✭✭✭Larbre34

Astonishing that SD had to kick up over pay equality with those two morons Cagney and Sammy Sausages. Shes worth ten of those hackneyed has-beens. And for that reason, i'm out.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,585 ✭✭✭circular flexing

Larbre34 wrote: »
    Astonishing that SD had to kick up over pay equality with those two morons Cagney and Sammy Sausages. Shes worth ten of those hackneyed has-beens. And for that reason, i'm out.

Yep this will come back to bite them for sure. It's obvious that she was the most popular presenter (both the general public and people who were interviewed have positive feedback).

• Registered Users Posts: 6,134 ✭✭✭screamer

Yep this will come back to bite them for sure. It's obvious that she was the most popular presenter (both the general public and people who were interviewed have positive feedback).

Ah no it won't...it's that sort of bland breakfast show that anyone at all can present. I don't even remember Maura derrane on it...

screamer wrote: »
    Ah no it won't...it's that sort of bland breakfast show that anyone at all can present. I don't even remember Maura derrane on it...

Maura was on it well over ten years ago. Also, three hours is a long time to be on screen. It's a tough gig, I'd say. Fair play to her for leaving if she is getting paid less than the rest of that crew.

Always liked desmond, she seems a decent sort. Just hope she lands on her feet. Hopefully or am I wishing ill on her by hoping RTE have a spot for her? Certainly anyone who's worked in TV3 news with a soul has left for there , brian o'donoghue, and dianne connors. Actually what happened to Ursula????? Used to get a great chuckle at her enthusiasm for the political news :D

• Registered Users Posts: 23,862 ✭✭✭✭Larbre34

Ursula retired.

I'll miss Sinead D, she was sassy and brightened the mornings

Always liked desmond, she seems a decent sort. Just hope she lands on her feet. Hopefully or am I wishing ill on her by hoping RTE have a spot for her? Certainly anyone who's worked in TV3 news with a soul has left for there , brian o'donoghue, and dianne connors. Actually what happened to Ursula????? Used to get a great chuckle at her enthusiasm for the political news :D

RTE have tried a morning show a few times but never got going over Ireland AM. Wonder if they could get Sinead Desmond to front it now.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,101 ✭✭✭Max Headroom

Have been enjoying it more since she left, never liked her happy face-sad face carry on..and that pretentious laugh...so false....never thought she was a good presenter...Anna and Laura are streets ahead..just my opinion..

• Registered Users Posts: 2,673 ✭✭✭exaisle

Have been enjoying it more since she left, never liked her happy face-sad face carry on..and that pretentious laugh...so false....never thought she was a good presenter...Anna and Laura are streets ahead..just my opinion..

I always felt that Sinead was a very capable professional presenter. That said, I never really warmed to her.

I kinda like Ciara who's on every weekday morning now.Easy enough on the eye and not at all overbearing.

• Registered Users Posts: 156 ✭✭Shop40

Yes, I agree. I'm surprised so many say they'll miss her. I'm sure she's a nice woman, but I felt she was dreadful, and I switched off Ireland AM years ago because of her. Ok, not her fault, but that licking her lip thing she did all the time really got on my nerves. Also, she constantly interrupted people and didn't have a good interviewing style. Probably more suited to print journalism. RTE wouldn't take her on, she's not good enough. I would say she's shot herself in the foot and TV3 will carry on without her without much of a dent.

Mark Cagney (as much as he's also not one of my favourites) has decades of broadcasting experience. Why wouldn't he be on more pay? She had no broadcasting experience before Ireland AM!

Hopefully or am I wishing ill on her by hoping RTE have a spot for her?

She may not have the connections needed to get into RTE.
    RTE have tried a morning show a few times but never got going over Ireland AM. Wonder if they could get Sinead Desmond to front it now.

Don't remember that show. Who presented it? Did they cover cookery, fashion and the like?
    Shop40 wrote: »
    Mark Cagney (as much as he's also not one of my favourites) has decades of broadcasting experience. Why wouldn't he be on more pay? She had no broadcasting experience before Ireland AM!

Ah, she presented that show for over ten years. What more do you want? For all we know she could have been getting less than Aidan Cooney and Alan Hughes. Given that she had a lead role on that show, she should have been getting more than them.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 465 ✭✭Ewan Hoosarmi

Yes, I agree. I'm surprised so many say they'll miss her. I'm sure she's a nice woman, but I felt she was dreadful, and I switched off Ireland AM years ago because of her. Ok, not her fault, but that licking her lip thing she did all the time really got on my nerves. Also, she constantly interrupted people and didn't have a good interviewing style. Probably more suited to print journalism. RTE wouldn't take her on, she's not good enough. I would say she's shot herself in the foot and TV3 will carry on without her without much of a dent.

I won't miss her either. She had an awful habit of asking a guest a question and then going "yeah, yeah, yeah, yeah... " over the answer. Very annoying when you are interested in actually hearing what the guest had to say.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,101 ✭✭✭Max Headroom

exaisle wrote: »
    I always felt that Sinead was a very capable professional presenter. That said, I never really warmed to her.

I kinda like Ciara who's on every weekday morning now.Easy enough on the eye and not at all overbearing.

Ciara is a lovely girl and seems genuine, i think her voice is sexy (can i say that these days) :P

Mark's a wee bit up himself..i actually dont mind when he's missing...Alan wouldnt be missed by myself either...anyone like to see Edward stand in for a while..he IS funny...:)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,673 ✭✭✭exaisle

Ciara is a lovely girl and seems genuine, i think her voice is sexy (can i say that these days) :P

Mark's a wee bit up himself..i actually dont mind when he's missing...Alan wouldnt be missed by myself either...anyone like to see Edward stand in for a while..he IS funny...:)

You can certainly say that....she's a very attractive lady...

Yeah....Edward is a scream...would love to see him stand in for a while....and I wouldn't miss Alan either. (can I say that these days) :P

Berserker wrote: »
    Don't remember that show. Who presented it? Did they cover cookery, fashion and the like?

Shows how short lived it was :) It was presented by Keelin Shanley and they tried a more news based approach. No fashion etc...

• Registered Users Posts: 1,332 ✭✭✭Always Be Closing

Thank god they've ditched Desmond - awful awful presenter

Give Anna the gig full time, Ciara at weekends, and give Laura her p45

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,332 ✭✭✭Always Be Closing

Weather guy needs f**king off

Advertisement