Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Ireland:AM TV3

Options

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 297 ✭✭Clemenza

MidlandsM wrote: »
    true, but are'nt most tech nerds in fairness? :P

He's definitely tapped in the head.

His poor missus. I bet he's like Jedward in the bedroom.

There's a mental image for you :-P

• Registered Users Posts: 3,005 ✭✭✭Patrick2010

Sinead seems nice but why can she not let an interviewee finish a sentence without butting in constantly.
    Alan Hughes comes accross as quite nervous, he seems to laugh during every interview, even when theres nothing to laugh about. Saw him doing a feature on hand crafts, sarted the interview with "So Mary, you knit your jumpers...ha ha ha" to an obviously puzzled interviewee.
    Traffic reports are a waste of time, every morning we get told its busy on the n11 from Fosters avenue to Donnybrook and on the Blackrock bypass, how is that news?
    Mark Cagney loves showing off his musical knowledge when he has a musical guest on who can barely get a word in as he has to listen to Marks lecture, disguised as a question.
    Aidan Cooney thinks hes a comedian as well as an expert on whats wrong with the country.
    Most cringeworthy parts of the show are just before 8 and 9 where they just talk absolute drivel for a few minutes, talking over each other, laughing at nothing before handing over to the poor newsreader.

Sinead seems nice but why can she not let an interviewee finish a sentence without butting in constantly.
    Alan Hughes comes accross as quite nervous, he seems to laugh during every interview, even when theres nothing to laugh about. Saw him doing a feature on hand crafts, sarted the interview with "So Mary, you knit your jumpers...ha ha ha" to an obviously puzzled interviewee.
    Traffic reports are a waste of time, every morning we get told its busy on the n11 from Fosters avenue to Donnybrook and on the Blackrock bypass, how is that news?
    Mark Cagney loves showing off his musical knowledge when he has a musical guest on who can barely get a word in as he has to listen to Marks lecture, disguised as a question.
    Aidan Cooney thinks hes a comedian as well as an expert on whats wrong with the country.
    Most cringeworthy parts of the show are just before 8 and 9 where they just talk absolute drivel for a few minutes, talking over each other, laughing at nothing before handing over to the poor newsreader.

THIS

In a nutshell

Nail firmly on head

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 5,737 ✭✭✭MidlandsM

also, Traffic reports ??!!! lol...who watches Telly in the car....lol...... (yeah, i know its for before you set off)

I like Gordon Hayden and Lisa Cannons film review section, they seem quite knowledgable and know what they're talking about.

Other than that, Im struggling to find anything else of note

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,991 ✭✭✭iseegirls

iseegirls wrote: »
    The scrolling text at the bottom is devoid of any useful information. There must only be 30seconds worth of text, and scrolls for 3 hours non-stop.

Just want to bring this up again after watching for a few minutes this morning.

The scroll bar had just 6 pieces of information. 3 pieces about news, 1 sport, 1 entertainment and 1 piece about weather.

The one that was very informative was the sports part:
    "Kilkenny have named their team for their do-or-die clash with Tipperary"

And that was it!!! No mention about what changes, what players. Aiden Cooney later announced in his bulletin that Tipperary also named their squad, but no mention of that on the ticker.

I remember back in the short days of Channel 4's RI:SE. They had a great ticker with about 15 minutes of news. Ireland:AM's one in comparison has around 45 seconds.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,143 ✭✭✭D-FENS

Re; Anna Daly, all I have to say is she seems very natural for the telly, and that fact that I'd like a HOP of her! :)

Someone obviously already is on a very frequent basis, she’s only back from maternity leave and is off again

That Cooney fella is enough to put you off your brekkie in the morning when he smiles, he would eat a billy goat gruff whole
    And he couldn’t subtly read an autocue if he had a gun to his head, squinting at the screen like an school kid reading off a black board, the “news” he is reading out out is clearly news to him too, I’d say he only preparation for the is a full irish in the canteen at 6:45

• Registered Users Posts: 6,133 ✭✭✭FloatingVoter

You need a full Irish before downing half a wine cellar at 8 AM. And the stress of getting paid for it. I was born to do that mans job.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,674 ✭✭✭thesultan

What annoys me is when any musical artist is on the always cut the song. Why not start it earlier.

thesultan wrote: »
    What annoys me is when any musical artist is on the always cut the song. Why not start it earlier.

They mostly mime dont they?

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 5,737 ✭✭✭MidlandsM

anyways, all chit chat aside, TV3 will not bother changing that somewhat awful TVAM show unless they were taken on by RTE at those hours of the morn, they've no real irish competition to be arsed. SADLY.

Laura Woods is back.

I take back everything I said about Sinead.

Woods makes Desmond look like Holly Willoughby

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,758 ✭✭✭Temaz

Clemenza wrote: »
    Laura Woods is back.

I take back everything I said about Sinead.

Woods makes Desmond look like Holly Willoughby

She has a terrible accent.

Temaz wrote: »
    She has a terrible accent.

Awful, isn't it? It's the worst kind of D4

Awful, isn't it? It's the worst kind of D4

The regular girl Sinead has an awful voice too.

Temaz wrote: »
    The regular girl Sinead has an awful voice too.

Agreed, especially when she gets overexcited and it suddenly goes high pitched turbo d4, usually at the mention of shoes, food or rugby players

Agreed, especially when she gets overexcited and it suddenly goes high pitched turbo d4, usually at the mention of shoes, food or rugby players

I'm sure she's a nice person but she seems very false when she's interviewing someone.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,038 ✭✭✭Go Harvey Go

anyways, all chit chat aside, TV3 will not bother changing that somewhat awful TVAM show unless they were taken on by RTE at those hours of the morn, they've no real irish competition to be arsed. SADLY.

TVAM?

I see no sign of Anne Diamond, Nick Owen, David Frost, Timmy Mallett or Roland Rat.

I don't see a bunch of eggcups at the end of every episode, either.

And I'm pretty sure there isn't an Australian ársehóle in charge...

anneandnick.jpgmain-331.jpg

Mallet_timmy_wacaday.jpgRoland-rat-on-tv-am-fair-use.jpg2li98i9.jpg

bruce_gyngell.jpg

:o:o:D:D:D;););)

Anyway, does anyone else think that "The Best of" compilation every weekend is rather pointless now?

Just about everything that took place on the show during the week (aside, of course, from the news and weather) can be watched on TV3's site now - yet the channel still broadcasts "The Best of" no less than four times over the course of Saturday and Sunday...

dblfcplm.jpg

I'd like to think that Jeff Ford will reduce that number to much less than four - maybe even zero.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,991 ✭✭✭iseegirls

Anyway, does anyone else think that "The Best of" compilation every weekend is rather pointless now?

Just about everything that took place on the show during the week (aside, of course, from the news and weather) can be watched on TV3's site now - yet the channel still broadcasts "The Best of" no less than four times over the course of Saturday and Sunday...

I've been thinking that ever since they started "The Best Of.." around 13 years ago. Back then it was only an hour long, and shown twice, which was bearable.

But to have it on 4 times on TV3 and twice on 3e over 48 hours is ridiculous. Imagine if RTE repeated something like Winning Streak 6 times over a weekend :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 94 ✭✭madamab

That Laura Woods is absolutely dreadful - her awful accent and they way she makes a joke of not knowing anywhere on the north side of Dublin makes me cringe. I am not a fan of Sinead by any means but she is a damn sight better than that Laura. Altogether Anna is my favourite and she is very natural and when she is being sympathetic to a guest she actually looks empathetic. The new stand in Clare who is heavily pregnant is nice as well, she seems sound and not full of her own importance. Now Mark Cagney does indeed seem to berate his guests. I watched his interview with Bob Geldof and each time he asked Bob a question he butted in and never let him answer it completely.

I see anyway that TV3 are looking for new faces - they could do with putting a few new ones on Ireland am.

• Advertisement

madamab wrote: »
    I see anyway that TV3 are looking for new faces - they could do with putting a few new ones on Ireland am.

Have you not heard that the show is being extended by 45 minutes, and that Anton Savage is joining? :)

• Registered Users Posts: 8,693 ✭✭✭Lisha

Have you not heard that the show is being extended by 45 minutes, and that Anton Savage is joining? :)

GHG

Are you joking?

Please please be joking!

• Registered Users Posts: 19,585 ✭✭✭✭Lady Chatterton

Lisha wrote: »
    GHG

Are you joking?

Please please be joking!
    GHG is correct on both accounts.

1508-anton.jpg

Anton is joining the Ireland AM team and the show will be broadcast from 7 to 10:45 each weekday morning.

http://www.independent.ie/entertainment/tv-radio/broadcaster-anton-savage-joins-ireland-am-couch-29502016.html

• Registered Users Posts: 8,693 ✭✭✭Lisha

As it is at least 1hr of show is tv3 fashion shop promo. Hard to see how they'll fill another 45mins.
    So from 7am to 1pm is all talk shows !
    That's a lotta talking :)

• Registered Users Posts: 19,351 ✭✭✭✭Harry Angstrom

MrsD007 wrote: »
    GHG is correct on both accounts.

1508-anton.jpg

Anton is joining the Ireland AM team and the show will be broadcast from 7 to 10:45 each weekday morning.

http://www.independent.ie/entertainment/tv-radio/broadcaster-anton-savage-joins-ireland-am-couch-29502016.html

There's no sign of Cagney on that couch, or maybe he was sitting on the other side of Anton Savage and got cut out? I only hope the TV3 studio will be big enough to accommodate the massive egos of Savage and Cagney.

• Registered Users Posts: 1 Sadie G

God,that new fill in one Clare McKenna on the show looks very uncomfortable and beyond huge.hard to watch her in little mini skirts sometimes.awful.where did they find her and her hair is a mess. they must be stuck for presenters on that show.thank god for Alan Hughes who is great.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,673 ✭✭✭exaisle

Sadie G wrote: »
    God,that new fill in one Clare McKenna on the show looks very uncomfortable and beyond huge.hard to watch her in little mini skirts sometimes.awful.where did they find her and her hair is a mess. they must be stuck for presenters on that show.thank god for Alan Hughes who is great.

Old thread resurrection:

She's back....and not eh...huge any more....and I have to say it's rather easy to watch her in little mini skirts. Nice pair of pins too. (Am I allowed say that?)Anyhow, suffice to say that I find her rather attractive.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,691 ✭✭✭✭blueser

Always wondered why RTE never entered the breakfast telly market (the genre has been around in the UK for over 30 years now). Cost, maybe?

• Registered Users Posts: 9,718 ✭✭✭lertsnim

Lack of viewers I'd say.

• Advertisement

They feel that they can't have Morning Ireland *and* a breakfast TV show side by side. :rolleyes: ;)

In contrast, the BBC has been happy to have a breakfast TV show and the Today programme on Radio 4 side by side for nearly 35 years...

Advertisement