Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Ireland:AM TV3

Options
  • 28-06-2013 8:02am
    Registered Users Posts: 5,648 ✭✭✭

Just watched this at breakfast for the first time. The traffic report was ridiculous-a lady reading out report from sheets in her hand-segment looked sloppy.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,301 ✭✭✭gordongekko

honeybear wrote: »
    Just watched this at breakfast for the first time. The traffic report was ridiculous-a lady reading out report from sheets in her hand-segment looked sloppy.

Jesus if you think that's bad wait til you watch the rest of it.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,069 ✭✭✭✭fryup

is that smug-git Cagney still presenting??

• Registered Users Posts: 8,693 ✭✭✭Lisha

Oh yes Mr Cagney and his ever raised eyebrow is still there :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,525 ✭✭✭johnire

Hee hee.....that is so true. It's dreadful.

Jesus if you think that's bad wait til you watch the rest of it.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,991 ✭✭✭iseegirls

Do they still use google map shots of where incidents are on the roads?

Just looks horrible.

The scrolling text at the bottom is devoid of any useful information. There must only be 30seconds worth of text, and scrolls for 3 hours non-stop.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 6,038 ✭✭✭Go Harvey Go

fryup wrote: »
    is that smug-git Cagney still presenting??
    Lisha wrote: »
    Oh yes Mr Cagney and his ever raised eyebrow is still there :)

Mark, Alan and Aidan were all there ten years ago. ;)

The show was less trashy back then, of course - Claire Byrne was the female presenter, the final fifteen minutes weren't always taken up by fashion, and the logo and opening titles weren't so cheesy and in-your-face:

22_IrelandAM.jpg

Mark, Alan and Aidan were all there ten years ago. ;)

The show was less trashy back then, of course - Claire Byrne was the female presenter, the final fifteen minutes weren't always taken up by fashion, and the logo and opening titles weren't so cheesy and in-your-face:

They've been there since 1999, Amanda Byram was the first female presenter. The show has changed drastically since that first week - there was no baking, gardening, wine-tasting back then.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,718 ✭✭✭lertsnim

22_IrelandAM.jpg

It was always rubbish.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,038 ✭✭✭Go Harvey Go

iseegirls wrote: »
    They've been there since 1999, Amanda Byram was the first female presenter. The show has changed drastically since that first week - there was no baking, gardening, wine-tasting back then.
    lertsnim wrote: »
    It was always rubbish.

It is probably fair to say, though, that the show was at its least worst (careful wording there) when Claire was the female presenter. ;)

As regards the scrolling text, that too has gotten worse over the years.

When it first appeared, it didn't look as though it was done by someone who struggled at Leaving Cert English, and it didn't include any Z-list gossip passed off as news. Plus it reminded viewers of what was coming up later in the show.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 297 ✭✭Clemenza

They've gotten a new female presenter. Clare McKenna I think.

Bears a resemblance to Jack Nicholsons Joker in Batman with those lips. Seems pleasant enough though.

Sinead Desmond is still out of her depth, shouting down guests and offering absolutely the square root of nothing

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,693 ✭✭✭Lisha

I like Clare McKenna who is filing in for Anna dalys maternity leave . I'd say Clare will be on mat leave herself soon.

Sinead I don't like so much.

I love Alan he always cheers me up .
    The odlums lady is funny too

I hate the way the fashion slot is just a thinly veiled advert for tv3 fashion shop

• Registered Users Posts: 1,729 ✭✭✭martinsvi

I think their target audience is long-term unemployed people and empty-headed housewives - for that, show seems to serve it's purpose rather well, judging by the fact that it shows no sign of changing... I watch bbc breakfast. Although content is not always relevant, at least no one is trying to suffocate me with unprofessional product placement

I like Clare McKenna who is filing in for Anna dalys maternity leave . I'd say Clare will be on mat leave herself soon.

Sinead I don't like so much.

The odlums lady is funny too

I hate the way the fashion slot is just a thinly veiled advert for tv3 fashion shop

Desmond is poisonous, don't know how she's gotten away with it for so long. Awful presenter, and from what a lot of people have said about her on here, she's as vindictive in person.

I actually like Cagney, or more specifically his suits :D.

You should check out the Après Match piss take of the Odluns lady!

martinsvi wrote: »
    I think their target audience is long-term unemployed people and empty-headed housewives - for that, show seems to serve it's purpose rather well, judging by the fact that it shows no sign of changing... I watch bbc breakfast. Although content is not always relevant, at least no one is trying to suffocate me with unprofessional product placement

Before heading to school and college respectfully a few years ago, I must admit their fashion section 'got me up'

Clemenza wrote: »
    You should check out the Après Match piss take of the Odluns lady!

Been looking for that on YouTube for ages. Do you know if there is one around.

iseegirls wrote: »
    Been looking for that on YouTube for ages. Do you know if there is one around.

Someone put it on the soccer forum a few weeks back, I'll get it for you when I get home, on my mobile here :)

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 5,737 ✭✭✭MidlandsM

the token gay guy is nauseating - he should stick to panto, because he's rubbish on the telly...........awful drivel.

MidlandsM wrote: »
    the token gay guy is nauseating - he should stick to panto, because he's rubbish on the telly...........awful drivel.

But he's common as muck, salt o'dee earth dubliner from ballyfermott, born n reared!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,012 ✭✭✭stop animal cruelty

surprised so many people dont like sinead I think shes......nice! As for Alan l like him but I'd say theres a real bitchy side to him.

the TV3 fashion shop pisses me off, same fecking dresses just in different colors! Only like it when Courtney Smith is doing the styling.

Does anyone notice that posh/english speaking one that does the TV3 fashion shop? she.....really....takes...her....time.....that Anna Daly & Alan have no patience for her! lol

surprised so many people dont like sinead I think shes......nice! As for Alan l like him but I'd say theres a real bitchy side to him.

the TV3 fashion shop pisses me off, same fecking dresses just in different colors! Only like it when Courtney Smith is doing the styling.

Does anyone notice that posh/english speaking one that does the TV3 fashion shop? she.....really....takes...her....time.....that Anna Daly & Alan have no patience for her! lol

Yup! I like Courtney Smith and Angela Scanlon though :)

• Advertisement

Re; Anna Daly, all I have to say is she seems very natural for the telly, and that fact that I'd like a HOP of her! :)

MidlandsM wrote: »
    Re; Anna Daly, all I have to say is she seems very natural for the telly, and that fact that I'd like a HOP of her! :)

I agree. She's a doll

• Registered Users Posts: 11,984 ✭✭✭✭ben.schlomo

23 posts and nobody has mentioned Sinead Desmonds weird tongue/lip licking facial tick, does it after almost everything she says, her 'cawmpletely' awful accent is also quite possibly the 'awbsolutely' most irritating thing on tv.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,012 ✭✭✭stop animal cruelty

l notice she cant pronounce any word beginning with "tw" twitter, twenty, does my head in sometimes...

My-Week_159849k.jpg

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQGuDuI2wNtuAWNXUan5P-TB72FVInnXlPibOqgIBehMLdjS9sRRQ

• Registered Users Posts: 11,984 ✭✭✭✭ben.schlomo

But he's common as muck, salt o'dee earth dubliner from ballyfermott, born n reared!

Easy now!! ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 55 ✭✭Caribbean Cat

Mark and Claire hate each other.
    They are beyond a show.
    If only TV3 actually outsourced beyond the pale it could be a good television station.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,655 ✭✭✭1966

I don't think sinead & mark actually like each other either .......

The guy who does the gadgets and electronics is beyond help at this stage.

Absolute fruitcake

• Advertisement

The guy who does the gadgets and electronics is beyond help at this stage.

Absolute fruitcake

true, but are'nt most tech nerds in fairness? :P

Advertisement