Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Bishops have informed us that we're Pagan/ Ale, Irishness, Biscuits, Cake etc.

Options
124»

Comments

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 19,219 Mod ✭✭✭✭Bannasidhe

sea_monkey wrote: »
    I never understood how the Catholic religion says its montheistic. Yet their main guy is three people.

Then there is Mary who people pray to.

Then there are all the saint and angels that get their own prayers and who are patron saints of things, they all get prayed to and even have their own days.

Always sounded a whole lot pagan to me.

That's pretty much what Calvin said back in the 16th century, and while I would rather have been burnt at the stake then live in Calvin's Geneva (if I had been in 'his' Geneva being I wouldn't have last much longer then it took them to light the ******s) he did attempt to strip away all of the 'pagan' attachments and create a society based entirely on the Bible.

Sounds like hell to me but at least consistent with his belief that the Bible was the word of God and the only guidebook to being a Christian.

legspin wrote: »
    Some question whether I'm human...

Some questioned whether the Irish were fully human....they did feel we as in 'the Hiberno-Celts' were 'more' human than 'negroids' but 'less' human than the Anglo-Saxon...

Ahhh - race theory. I do so enjoy lecturing on that particular pile of stinking BS.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,423 ✭✭✭Morag

Well according to the RC church unless you have a devleoped relationship with thier god, then your not 'fully human'.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,624 ✭✭✭SebBerkovich

Morag wrote: »
    Well according to the RC church unless you have a devleoped relationship with thier god, then your not 'fully human'.

Well thats confusing - i thought they were against developing guy-on-guy relationships.

• Registered Users Posts: 629 ✭✭✭Sierra 117

Technically wouldn't it be a "father-child" relationship? The church backs incest, it seems.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,867 ✭✭✭✭PopePalpatine

Morag wrote: »

So...I'm less human than a blastocyst? :confused: :mad:

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 9,441 ✭✭✭old hippy

sea_monkey wrote: »
    I never understood how the Catholic religion says its montheistic. Yet their main guy is three people.

Then there is Mary who people pray to.

Then there are all the saint and angels that get their own prayers and who are patron saints of things, they all get prayed to and even have their own days.

Always sounded a whole lot pagan to me.

Ach, they ripped off pagan religions left right and centre. No orginality, that lot ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 22,262 ✭✭✭✭endacl

Some question whether I'm human...
    One of the humanest I know, it must be said.

Right! Where were we? Biscuits?

endacl wrote: »

I thought we had moved on to ale.

I can't keep up with this foodie fest spread over several thread.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,371 ✭✭✭Obliq

Bannasidhe wrote: »
    I thought we had moved on to ale.

To get back on track, I had a Galway Hooker last night, which was quite nice ;)

• Advertisement

Obliq wrote: »
    To get back on track, I had a Galway Hooker last night, which was quite nice ;)

Isn't that a boat?

:confused:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,371 ✭✭✭Obliq

Bannasidhe wrote: »
    Isn't that a boat?

:confused:

As well, yes ;)

Galway+Hooker.jpg

Quite nice really.....

• Registered Users Posts: 1,018 ✭✭✭legspin

endacl wrote: »

Thank you. I was attempting to be jocose.

I was actually referring to my wife's assertion that there is a large chunk of neanderthal dna floating around in in my paternal gene-pool

• Registered Users Posts: 26,578 ✭✭✭✭Turtwig

'Jocose' certainly isn't an Irish person's word!:pac:
    Love it though my favourite new word for today so far. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 22,262 ✭✭✭✭endacl

Thank you. I was attempting to be jocose.

I was actually referring to my wife's assertion that there is a large chunk of neanderthal dna floating around in in my paternal gene-pool

She could be on to something there all right..

Advertisement