Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

*TY OFF-TOPIC THREAD* 2013/2014

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 123 ✭✭juniorcert

onlinenerd wrote: »
    Anyone know where they r getting work experience

I'm thinking of doing something in accounting but that's only because I'm good at maths and I can't think of anything else I could do :L

• Registered Users Posts: 195 ✭✭onlinenerd

Where are everyone getting theirs?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,823 ✭✭✭DublinArnie

onlinenerd wrote: »
    Where are everyone getting theirs?
    I'll be having a week with a private psychological therapist. I'm going to try to sit in a few lectures in Trinity college. I might head over to Dublin City Council for some experince as a mate of mine went there last year.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,232 ✭✭✭Bazinga_N

I've no idea where I'm going to do mine :eek: I'll probably go to my local medical centre or if I'm lucky I'll try to get something in UCC or CUH :)

• Registered Users Posts: 149 ✭✭CookieCat97

Hi, I'm Charlotte (real name :cool:) I enjoy long walks in the countryside ;) Can't wait for TY! :D

• Advertisement

Hi, i'm Arnie (real name) and I enjoy short walks in the park :p. Dredding TY!

You know what they say, that opposites attract..... :P

Bazinga_N wrote: »
    I've no idea where I'm going to do mine :eek: I'll probably go to my local medical centre or if I'm lucky I'll try to get something in UCC or CUH :)
    Hey Charlotte :D Welcome to the TY forum :) I'm Nathan :D

Hey Charlotte :D Welcome to the TY forum :) I'm Nathan :D
    AHHH! I love the Big Bang Theory <3

AHHH! I love the Big Bang Theory <3
    Me too :L Everyone says I'm like a twin to Sheldon :L tbh I don't see it xD

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 136 ✭✭pvakelly

I'm Aidan (real name) :)! What type of trips are people are people going on this year? :) I'm going to Killary at the end of Sept. and then going skiing in Andorra in Feb!!

• Registered Users Posts: 620 ✭✭✭MomijiHime

I'm hoping so :O I came out over the summer and it's been great so far but I'm wondering how school will be :eek: Only one way to find out I suppose :P How has your summer been? :)

Congrats! My summer has been...uneventful.

Summer was good :) visited my aunt in Paris and then was in Kerry and galway for a bit. Glad we're back at school though :) i tend to get bored in august! Lack of productive things to do! :)

Is there anyone else back yet? ( I'm back a week tomorrow ! ) my school has to be the only one that sends ty back first!

pvakelly wrote: »
    I'm Aidan (real name) :)! What type of trips are people are people going on this year? :) I'm going to Killary at the end of Sept. and then going skiing in Andorra in Feb!!
    We're going to London in Feb! I can't wait!! I think we might be going to Carlingford sometime at the start of the school year :D

I might be gone for four days in Italy this March/April with my school :p. And yes Charlotte, opposties do attract, looks like you know your physics ;).

Is there anyone else back yet? ( I'm back a week tomorrow ! ) my school has to be the only one that sends ty back first!

Wow you were back really early, I'm not back until next Monday. First years started today though in my school, saw them walking home with their wheelie bags and name tags :D

juniorcert wrote: »
    Wow you were back really early, I'm not back until next Monday. First years started today though in my school, saw them walking home with their wheelie bags and name tags :D
    Brings back good memores, doesn't it? *weeps*

Brings back good memores, doesn't it? *weeps*

Haha I know, scares me that I'm already going into fourth year, I feel like I was in first year not so long ago :eek:

I couldn't believe the amount of parents waiting by the front door for their fist years! I don't remember that happening with us! But then again i can literally not.remember a thing from first year
    ! I

• Advertisement

I couldn't believe the amount of parents waiting by the front door for their fist years! I don't remember that happening with us! But then again i can literally not.remember a thing from first year
    ! I
    Looks like the junior cert really hit you hard ... :pac:

MomijiHime wrote: »
    Congrats! My summer has been...uneventful.

Thank you :) it's been crazy tbh! Wish it was unrventful! :O here's to an eventful TY so? xD

TY is overwhelming, to say the least.

I'm starting tomorrow, I have two hours ... i'm so scared, someone hold me! :o

Is it normal to hate TY after the first day? :P I hate the timetable, my class group, my class options, just everything about TY I've hated so far. I know it's only been one day, but I don't see how it can get any better. Sorry to be such a debby downer but not feeling great about TY :eek: I was so excited this morning but it all just went downhill :p

Just came back from my two hour prep talk for TY. :D My class is amazing and there's only 17 of us so that's a good size and the TY co-ordinator said we'll probably do double the amount of activities and projects than last years TY group as they had 30+ people. :D My time-table is really good, probably the best time-table i've got since 1st year.

We have to chose three ideal jobs we would like in the future for tomorrow ... I can't decide, it's hard!

Roll on day two :D.

Is it normal to hate TY after the first day? :P I hate the timetable, my class group, my class options, just everything about TY I've hated so far. I know it's only been one day, but I don't see how it can get any better. Sorry to be such a debby downer but not feeling great about TY :eek: I was so excited this morning but it all just went downhill :p

I can sympathize :) I really don't like my class either :( It's just full of immature idiots who don't give a toss about school! I realise it's only TY and all that but I still find them distruptive to my learning! And I'm not particulary fond of my modules either :) But I guess we'll have to get on with it. Plus, I do feel a lot better about it all than I did this time last week so you'll soon feel better about it all.

Achievement unlocked: Organise two workexperince placements within one week of TY.

:D

Started today and not gonna lie I think it's class so far! I got into a class with my one of my friends (YAY!) and all of the TY's spent half of our half day dancing, anyone feeling the high school musical vibe? :') :D

• Advertisement

Started today and not gonna lie I think it's class so far! I got into a class with my one of my friends (YAY!) and all of the TY's spent half of our half day dancing, anyone feeling the high school musical vibe? :') :D
    ... Oh gawd

Advertisement