Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

*TY OFF-TOPIC THREAD* 2013/2014

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,232 ✭✭✭Bazinga_N

juniorcert wrote: »
    My school doesn't give us our results till 3 :mad: So I just have normal classes until then and we have to be in as normal the next day then :/

Ours is the exact same situation! Except hardly anyone is coming in :L Most teachers said they're aware most of us aren't coming in but it's counted as a day absent.
    MomijiHime wrote: »
    Do you all have to come into school the next day? People in my school will get detention if we skip.. :(

My friend's school say the same every year but of all the people I've known that have went there it's just a threat that they never follow up! :P
    Everyone in my class is not going to school, only me and two others are coming in ... and Thursday is the day we cook, so we're gonna have a small cookery class :p.

Ours is just a normal day, like any other.. I don't like my Thursdays anyways xD

I think we're supposed to come in, but as long as I'm not threatened with detention I'm going to skip cause I'm sleeping over in a friends :) Is anyone else beginning to get nervous? Knowing it's Monday tomorrow and how close we are is beginning to make me nervous
    I'm in the exact same boat :o All summer I was fine not even thinking about them but this Summer I've started worrying a bit :O Everyone else is just concerned about who's shifting who at the disco that night and I'm just sitting here freaking out that I may have failed Woodwork :L

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 5,575 ✭✭✭AlanS181824

So most of you have school that day..?
    Jaysus my school gives TY's and 5th years the whole day off!

• Registered Users Posts: 620 ✭✭✭MomijiHime

I think we're supposed to come in, but as long as I'm not threatened with detention I'm going to skip cause I'm sleeping over in a friends :) Is anyone else beginning to get nervous? Knowing it's Monday tomorrow and how close we are is beginning to make me nervous

I'm starting to get a bit nervous.. but also excited >.< ! We had a meeting today with the principal about it.

• Registered Users Posts: 60 ✭✭orlaxxx

how is everyone celebrating that night? :) i am going to cartown hoping it will be good!!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 191 ✭✭Bluestrike

Going to a nightclub? (dunno if that's the right word) with my friends. I wonder how much people will come in the next day, and if they do, how much smell like booze/have a hangover...

I don't even have to wear my uniform on the day... Just turn up at 9am, get the results and I'm finished for the day!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,823 ✭✭✭DublinArnie

I don't even have to wear my uniform on the day... Just turn up at 9am, get the results and I'm finished for the day!
    Lucky jammy fecker! ;)

Lucky jammy fecker! ;)
    Haha, I honestly thought that that's how all schools did it.
    On a totally unrelated note, what's everyone's journal like? We got a special one make especially for TY's by some company called "Unique Publishing"

• Registered Users Posts: 123 ✭✭juniorcert

orlaxxx wrote: »
    how is everyone celebrating that night? :) i am going to cartown hoping it will be good!!!

I'm supposed to be going out to eat with some friends but I woke up this morning feeling sick and now I feel even worse. It'll be just my luck to be sick for junior cert night :mad:

• Advertisement

Haha, I honestly thought that that's how all schools did it.
    On a totally unrelated note, what's everyone's journal like? We got a special one make especially for TY's by some company called "Unique Publishing"
    We just have the same gigantic A5 ones like the rest of the school packed with Learning Outcomes, Numeracy and Literacy and those beautiful Academic Progress Report Cards<3 Love my schools ideas :L

I have no idea what you are talking about, Journals?

Bluestrike wrote: »
    I have no idea what you are talking about, Journals?

Journals for school, where you write your homework?? :L

I got offered an intership in the school of Biochemistry and Immunology in Trinity College:D :D:D and a good friend got it too! Oh my gawd, they only accept 16(x2) students per year. Can this day get any better? The Junior Cert results will probably screw me over tomorrow ... ah well, starting not to care about the results as they have ZERO affect for your Leaving Cert results anyway.

:)

I got offered an intership in the school of Biochemistry and Immunology in Trinity College:D :D:D and a good friend got it too! Oh my gawd, they only accept 16(x2) students per year. Can this day get any better? The Junior Cert results will probably screw me over tomorrow ... ah well, starting not to care about the results as they have ZERO affect for your Leaving Cert results anyway.

Journals for school, where you write your homework?? :L

Oh right, i had no idea what you were talking about, i thought it was a TY Scrapbook kinda thing :P

Nice double post there DublinArnie, also, we posted within miuntes of each other. On another note, Everyone here will have our results this time tomorrow. You guys excited or dreading it?

Wow congratulations! :eek: I don't think you need to worry about your results if you got offered that anyway :)

Oh right, i had no idea what you were talking about, i thought it was a TY Scrapbook kinda thing :P

Nice double post there DublinArnie, also, we posted within miuntes of each other. On another note, Everyone here will have our results this time tomorrow. You guys excited or dreading it?
    Excited, but I have a feeling i'm going to be very disappointed with a few subjects.

What type of music do you gals and gents listen to?

Listening to this now, makes me feel happier when i'm happy and sadder when i'm sad, perfect song for a day like this :D.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-onQcF95pfs

Nervous, but I just want to get it over with tbh. My parents got a text this morning saying we'll be getting our results at 3.30 (half an hour later than I already thought :mad: ) and warning everyone to be in Thursday and Friday :L

• Advertisement

Listening to this now, makes me feel happier when i'm happy and sadder when i'm sad, perfect song for a day like this :D.

I've always really liked that song :) I like all different songs really tbh, but I really love all songs by imagine dragons :)

• Registered Users Posts: 620 ✭✭✭MomijiHime

That's a nice cover :cool: I'm currently mad about disclosure

I'm obsessed with the song 'Chocolate' by the 1975 :O

9am tomorrow I'm to go in...
    My ma has relatives coming over for a little celebration so I can't do anything with my friends... oh well!
    Here I come €50 per honour! Lol
    Best of luck everyone <3

9am tomorrow I'm to go in...
    My ma has relatives coming over for a little celebration so I can't do anything with my friends... oh well!
    Here I come €50 per honour! Lol
    Best of luck everyone <3

wish my parents did that, i would be raking in the cash (hopefully). I will just get a congratulations, although we are going out to lunch after

I'm having cake, pizza and muffins tomorrow plus i'm doing an extra hour of training, so tomorrow will be very fun! :D

GOOD LUCK EVERYONE, i've known a lot of yous on the Junior Cert forum for awhile, we have been studying for this day, this day is tomorrow. :)

wish my parents did that, i would be raking in the cash (hopefully). I will just get a congratulations, although we are going out to lunch after
    Have to video chat with my Ma's friends (Basically family) on Skype cos they live in Sweden...
    I'm trying to take up Swedish for LC and I already know a fair amount thanks to my Ma and them...
    They'll be like.... Hur var det? Bra? (How'd you get on? Good)
    Ugh... :o
    Them First World Problems lol.

Good luck to everyone tomorrow! :) I hope ye all get what ye want and even if you don't do as well as you had hoped, remember, it's only the junior cert ;)

Good luck to everyone tomorrow! :) I hope ye all get what ye want and even if you don't do as well as you had hoped, remember, it's only the junior cert ;)
    Not very reassuring coming from someone called Junior Cert.. ha
    We'll all do grand. Everyone made their best attempt and at the end of the day for me at least that's all that matters!

• Advertisement

Not very reassuring coming from someone called Junior Cert.. ha
    We'll all do grand. Everyone made their best attempt and at the end of the day for me at least that's all that matters!

Haha I guess everyone is gonna go on about my name, if I could change it, I would! :L

Advertisement