Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

*TY OFF-TOPIC THREAD* 2013/2014

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,232 ✭✭✭Bazinga_N

juniorcert wrote: »
    Haha I guess everyone is gonna go on about my name, if I could change it, I would! :L
    Imagine in two/three years time posting your Leaving Cert results under the username: juniorcert :P

• Registered Users Posts: 123 ✭✭juniorcert

Bazinga_N wrote: »
    Imagine in two/three years time posting your Leaving Cert results under the username: juniorcert :P

Hahaha, well I'll probably just delete this account and make another one before then, although I'll make sure to not call myself leaving cert! :L

Hahaha, well I'll probably just delete this account and make another one before then, although I'll make sure to not call myself leaving cert! :L
    You might win an award from the Leaving Cert off-topic with the name juniorcert though xD

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 5,575 ✭✭✭AlanS181824

D day now for us all...
    I'm heading in at 5 to so I can collect my results at 9.
    This is it.. Those two weeks of shīte exams for this..
    Good Luck everyone!

• Registered Users Posts: 149 ✭✭CookieCat97

How did you guys get on? :) I got 7 a's and 3 b's, I know that they are good results but I couldn't help but feel disappointed after getting 8 a's in the mocks :( ohh well :( got all dolled up last night and went out with a bang! :D

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,823 ✭✭✭DublinArnie

How did you guys get on? :) I got 7 a's and 3 b's, I know that they are good results but I couldn't help but feel disappointed after getting 8 a's in the mocks :( ohh well :( got all dolled up last night and went out with a bang! :D
    1A, 5Bs, 2Cs and 2Ds. A bit disappointed as I got a D in English despite getting a B on the mocks. :mad:

I got 8 honours and 3 passes. Absolutely delighted with myself. Had a little party with relatives and had a very nice Skype call in Swedish then I went out with my friends for the night. Out of 3 TY classes in my school totaling 63 lads there were 20 in today... We did feck all! :pac:

I got 8 honours and 3 passes. Absolutely delighted with myself. Had a little party with relatives and had a very nice Skype call in Swedish then I went out with my friends for the night. Out of 3 TY classes in my school totaling 63 lads there were 20 in today... We did feck all! :pac:
    Out of 17 in TY, only 3 came in today (including me :P). We did nothing, had a good laugh though!

:)

Out of 17 in TY, only 3 came in today (including me :P). We did nothing, had a good laugh though!

:)
    17...? Is your school in the country? :P We watched a film from 2 to 4 every other class was on the computers.. 9 classes of pure.. NOTHING!

17...? Is your school in the country? :P We watched a film from 2 to 4 every other class was on the computers.. 9 classes of pure.. NOTHING!
    In the middle of Dublin City, 8min walk from O'Connell street :p.

• Advertisement

In the middle of Dublin City, 8min walk from O'Connell street :p.

Ah now!! :L
    I'm in the middle of dainty little Carlow and there's 63 in TY! Loads gone into 5th too. I would expect a lot more than that giving its the capital.

2 As, 7 Bs and 1 C :D Absolutely deligthed apart from Science! Really wanted the A but got a B! Ah well! Nothing I can do now :) all Higher Level too :)

10 A's and a B! :D I was delighted, wasn't expecting to do that well at all. Had to get a picture with the principal and all, I don't think I've felt that awkward in a while :L

10 A's and a B! :D I was delighted, wasn't expecting to do that well at all. Had to get a picture with the principal and all, I don't think I've felt that awkward in a while :L
    I got a picture with my principal too but that's because I get on really well with my principal :L He seemed a bit disappointed in my results though :o He told me I had more potential but tbh I blame myself, I was completely burned out at the start of third year and left the rest of the studying until May/June. That's my own fault though and the important thing for me to bring away from it is that I'll know better for the Leaving :)

I got a picture with my principal too but that's because I get on really well with my principal :L He seemed a bit disappointed in my results though :o He told me I had more potential but tbh I blame myself, I was completely burned out at the start of third year and left the rest of the studying until May/June. That's my own fault though and the important thing for me to bring away from it is that I'll know better for the Leaving :)

You still did really good though and ya the junior cert really doesn't matter, all about the leaving cert now unfortunately :/ Well still got fourth year anyway :D

You still did really good though and ya the junior cert really doesn't matter, all about the leaving cert now unfortunately :/ Well still got fourth year anyway :D
    I'm happy out with my results :) My goal was to get all As, Bs and Cs and that's exactly what I did so I'm happy out :D I'm gonna be so much more prepared for the Leaving Cert xD

• Registered Users Posts: 136 ✭✭pvakelly

Well done everyone! Anyone thinking 'bout getting any result rechecked? Disappointed with my B in English! The percentage of people who got an honour in English was only 45%, compared to 80-100% in every other subject! Loads of people went down a grade too! For once I felt I'd done enough for an A so I think I may recheck it. I know it's only the junior cert and all that but ah well!

pvakelly wrote: »
    Well done everyone! Anyone thinking 'bout getting any result rechecked? Disappointed with my B in English! The percentage of people who got an honour in English was only 45%, compared to 80-100% in every other subject! Loads of people went down a grade too! For once I felt I'd done enough for an A so I think I may recheck it. I know it's only the junior cert and all that but ah well!

I wouldn't bother if it was me, a B is still excellent, you can obviously still do higher level for leaving cert (if that's what you did) and it's like 30 something euro if you're wrong and your result doesn't go up a grade.

I wouldn't bother if it was me, a B is still excellent, you can obviously still do higher level for leaving cert (if that's what you did) and it's like 30 something euro if you're wrong and your result doesn't go up a grade.

I'm not worried about not doing higher level or anything :) It's just that English was the one subject I never got an A in! I was always so close, but alas, never got there :( Anyway, I'll think about it :)

pvakelly wrote: »
    I'm not worried about not doing higher level or anything :) It's just that English was the one subject I never got an A in! I was always so close, but alas, never got there :( Anyway, I'll think about it :)

Well if you do, I hope you get that A :)

• Advertisement

Well, here in computers, learning how to use the tab key :eek: Really?:D

My irish teacher called me out of class today to tell me just how disappointed she was that I got a B :L Apparently she felt so disappointed she couldn't look at the other results after she saw mine :L And then she started to insist that I get it re checked, even though I'm fairly certain it should have been a B. I don't even want to get it re checked but she won't take no for an answer so I don't know what to do :L

• Registered Users Posts: 453 ✭✭sotisme

My irish teacher called me out of class today to tell me just how disappointed she was that I got a B :L Apparently she felt so disappointed she couldn't look at the other results after she saw mine :L And then she started to insist that I get it re checked, even though I'm fairly certain it should have been a B. I don't even want to get it re checked but she won't take no for an answer so I don't know what to do :L

Get it rechecked! I'm getting my english reckecked as although I wasn't sure if i deserved the A my teacher told me I should still get it done. I'm hoping to move from a B to an A.

sotisme wrote: »
    Get it rechecked! I'm getting my english reckecked as although I wasn't sure if i deserved the A my teacher told me I should still get it done. I'm hoping to move from a B to an A.

I agree! I'm gonnna get my B checked too :)

€32 per test to get it rechecked I think..
    A lot of hassle but if you believe you did better then by all means go ahead.
    I had work today and apparently my brother was called out over the intercom to get in a picture for the local paper (Mixing us up)
    No idea why as my results weren't the greatest but it was random I guess, a few other lads were called too.

• Registered Users Posts: 191 ✭✭Bluestrike

I think i will get History rechecked, maybe business or science too, but if I don't, its not like its gonna feck up what subjects/levels I want to take for leaving cert

The thing I'm taking out of this is that i am going to do after school study in school for 6th year cos I did nothing all year until a week before the JC cos I cant study and I get distracted

• Registered Users Posts: 351 ✭✭CathalRyano

Bluestrike wrote: »
    I think i will get History rechecked, maybe business or science too, but if I don't, its not like its gonna feck up what subjects/levels I want to take for leaving cert

The thing I'm taking out of this is that i am going to do after school study in school for 6th year cos I did nothing all year until a week before the JC cos I cant study and I get distracted

To check all them would cost like 96 euro though. History I'd check though, didn't you get like 95%+ in every test? :P

The one grade I was disappointed with was Science (I got a B but really wanted an A) and today my Science teacher said it to me and I said that I was hoping for the A so she made the suggestion of getting it re-checked. I'm not sure if I should, I'm positive I wouldn't go down a grade but maybe I just wasn't up to standard for the A but I was really happy with my test and put a load of effort into my investigation.

Anyone offer any advice? :)

• Registered Users Posts: 351 ✭✭CathalRyano

The one grade I was disappointed with was Science (I got a B but really wanted an A) and today my Science teacher said it to me and I said that I was hoping for the A so she made the suggestion of getting it re-checked. I'm not sure if I should, I'm positive I wouldn't go down a grade but maybe I just wasn't up to standard for the A but I was really happy with my test and put a load of effort into my investigation.

Anyone offer any advice? :)

I'd thought I'd gotten an A in Science as well but got a B too. To be honest, I dunno if getting it rechecked is worth it. 32 euro and chances are the original result would be correct, especially if it's only a grade off what you'd expected.

I think that anyway.

• Advertisement

I won the competition i've entered! I won a Microsoft Surface Tablet! Woot! :D

Advertisement