Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

2 kids but not eligible for 3 bed house

Options
1235»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,824 ✭✭✭vitani

Genuine question - can you be put on the housing list if you work full time? I didn't think you could, or could get rent allowance.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,426 ✭✭✭italodisco

Your not 'entitled' to rent allowance folks.

You are entitled to apply for it though.

Btw op , get out of your hole, get a job , rent a 3 bed yourself and stop goin on about how unfair and discriminatory it is ....

Or do what many other single mams on welfare do, do hair and nail nixers and drive a passat and your sorted

Que barrage of nick nak replies from the pramface crew

• Registered Users Posts: 1,210 ✭✭✭nelly17

Haven't you just finished your Junior Cert :confused:

Wish I had that kind of insight having just finished my Junior cert, things could have been a whole lot different now, could have been tucked up cosy in my 2 Bed

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,112 ✭✭✭notharrypotter

For the record, I think anyone with 2 kids only needs a 2 bedroom house, regardless of gender.

I would have to disagree slightly here.

Ideally a separate room for each gender is desirable.

So
    2 the same gender a 2 bed would do.
    1 Boy and 1 girl then ideally 3 bedrooms are needed.

In scenario 2 while the children are small say less than 8 or 9 then it would be possible to make do with a shared room.

just my opinion.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 32,865 ✭✭✭✭MagicMarker

vitani wrote: »
    Genuine question - can you be put on the housing list if you work full time? I didn't think you could, or could get rent allowance.

Yes you can work full time. You just have to be earning under a certain amount per year, that amount depends on where you are in the country I think.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,331 ✭✭✭Keyzer

amdublin wrote: »
    Hi Mr Chewythefirst

Stellar detective work...

• Registered Users Posts: 10,962 ✭✭✭✭dark crystal

Yea but have part time job, hate scroungers

:D

• Registered Users Posts: 6,568 ✭✭✭candy-gal1

I would have to disagree slightly here.

Ideally a separate room for each gender is desirable.

So
    2 the same gender a 2 bed would do.
    1 Boy and 1 girl then ideally 3 bedrooms are needed.

In scenario 2 while the children are small say less than 8 or 9 then it would be possible to make do with a shared room.

just my opinion.

I never knew there was this whole big rule and fuss made over children having their own room, especially when theyre only small children too, this is not a go at you btw no harrypotter just an observation! :)
    I didnt have my own room between the ages of 8 to 18, and as much as it was never ideal I made do without much complaint, which only really came about during my teen years!
    Imho children under the age of 12 shouldnt and dont imho need their own room if its not feesable, teenager and up then yes they do need their own space I agree, but before that not really!

• Registered Users Posts: 6 J.Shorten82

Keyzer wrote: »
    Why don't you ask for a swimming pool and helipad next time?

Get with reality for gods sake. Do you think the state or tax payer cares if your kids don't get on with each other?

HE IS A TAXPAYER DICKHEAD.

• Subscribers Posts: 41,396 ✭✭✭✭sydthebeat

I can't believe this thread has made 11 pages.

Its quite simple.
    social housing is based on needs. Does a mother and father with two same sex kids NEED a three bed home... No is the answer. Two boys can share a bedroom until they are of an age to leave.

However because of privacy and personal issues, a boy and girl are deemed not to be suitable to share a bedroom until leaving age.

also, social housing is based on people. You can have a two bed 3 person unit or a two bed 4 person unit.... it's all based on size and minimum requirementss.

• Advertisement

My thoughts exactly. The fact you were able to have a second child whilst on the housing list suggests that perhaps there are more needy people out there who would be grateful for a 2 bed.

oh needy by that you mean the blacks, polish, refugees etc..... ??

• Registered Users Posts: 4,085 ✭✭✭meoklmrk91

Wow this thread really shows the worst of both sides. The entitled person who thinks that their children deserve to have a bedroom each subsided by the tax payer. As has been said if you want three bedrooms pay for them yourself, stop whinging.

And then you have the other side who give out about people getting free houses and how those on welfare are living like kings. I get that hearing people spout this bs makes you really angry, but it makes me even angrier, seeing OP wondering if their little darlings will god forbid have to share a room while I am left with **** all disposable income at the end of the week, struggling to keep a roof over my head, pay the bills and feed myself. And I am on welfare, it's not the life of Riley at all, I would give anything for a job right now.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,391 ✭✭✭✭mikom

HE IS A TAXPAYER DICKHEAD.

A TAXPAYER DICKHEAD!
    Yes, I'm sure all the taxpayers feel like dickheads reading the OP.
    oh needy by that you mean the blacks, polish, refugees etc..... ??

Thinly veiled attempt to get thread locked........

sydthebeat wrote: »
    I can't believe this thread has made 11 pages.

Its quite simple.
    social housing is based on needs. Does a mother and father with two same sex kids NEED a three bed home... No is the answer. Two boys can share a bedroom until they are of an age to leave.

However because of privacy and personal issues, a boy and girl are deemed not to be suitable to share a bedroom until leaving age.

also, social housing is based on people. You can have a two bed 3 person unit or a two bed 4 person unit.... Its ask based in side and minimum requirements.

Hits nail on the head....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,468 ✭✭✭✭OldNotWIse

Pity there aren't 3 genders...they could get 4 beds :D

meoklmrk91 wrote: »
    Wow this thread really shows the worst of both sides. The entitled person who thinks that their children deserve to have a bedroom each subsided by the tax payer. As has been said if you want three bedrooms pay for them yourself, stop whinging.

And then you have the other side who give out about people getting free houses and how those on welfare are living like kings. I get that hearing people spout this bs makes you really angry, but it makes me even angrier, seeing OP wondering if their little darlings will god forbid have to share a room while I am left with **** all disposable income at the end of the week, struggling to keep a roof over my head, pay the bills and feed myself. And I am on welfare, it's not the life of Riley at all, I would give anything for a job right now.

And I hope you find one. It's not so wonderful to be on the dole for a lot of folk. It is daft for taxpayers to think most dole receipients are living the dream, they aren't.

But yeah, there are plenty of 'welfare maggots' out there

OldNotWIse wrote: »
    I think it becomes someone else's business when someone decides to start whingeing about their free house on boards.

free house my arse you need to take your head out of the clouds, regardless if its a council house you still have to pay rent dumbass. and it it nowhere near €30 a week either

Pity there aren't 3 genders...they could get 4 beds :D

Hahaha! Did you just finish your junior cert too :D

3 genders...good one :D

free house my arse you need to take your head out of the clouds, regardless if its a council house you still have to pay rent dumbass. and it it nowhere near €30 a week either
    Dumbass? Wow I think you just won the entire thread.

Marcin_diy wrote: »
    Good answer. We should let op mind his own business and not ask this type of questions here.
    It would be a shame for me to ask for a bigger taxpayers house or even house in a first place if I could afford to pay for rent.

I pay for my house using my own funds and don't understand why should I pay for his house too if he can afford rent.

are you seriously that much of a moron?

• Advertisement

Hahaha! Did you just finish your junior cert too :D

3 genders...good one :D

You again...if you didnt see the humour in that...I fear for you.

• Registered Users Posts: 40,291 ✭✭✭✭Gatling

A lot of people between 30e less than 30e a week depending on circumstances ,
    I know couples paying 300e a month who work in CC housing

House on rent allowance would be around 30 in many cases.

Fact.

Council house possible but more like 60 to 80 pw

You again...if you didnt see the humour in that...I fear for you.

But I did...it was hilarious! :D

hawkelady wrote: »
    Subsidised being the word. They pay around €30/week for a 2 bed apt in south county Dublin. The rest of it is paid for by the state ..
    Good number if you can get it. Make ya wanna puke sometimes.

it is not €30 a week get your facts right.
    oh and he is a taxpayer too btw

But I did...it was hilarious! :D
    er...congratulations? I am unsure of the appropriate response tbh...

it is not €30 a week get your facts right.
    oh and he is a taxpayer too btw

Can you enlighten us with your right facts then?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,113 ✭✭✭shruikan2553

I dont see why children need their own room regardless of gender. Is it preferable? Sure but you are looking to the government to subsidise it. If you want all your children to have more than the basics then work.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Regional South Moderators Posts: 6,854 Mod ✭✭✭✭mp22

Unfortunately I will have to read through this "thread" rest assured bans will be issued.

Closed

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement