Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

2 kids but not eligible for 3 bed house

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 37,297 ✭✭✭✭the_syco

This thread should be moved to the serious state benefit forum, so that we can post up serious posts...!

=-=

OP, are you planning on having more children?

• Registered Users Posts: 10,962 ✭✭✭✭dark crystal

OldNotWIse wrote: »
    I think it becomes someone else's business when someone decides to start whingeing about their free house on boards.
    Couldnt agree more. Work hard to pay for my own (dogbox might I add) for partner and myself as well as parents mortgage, and then others moaning that their freebies are not good enough? Being discriminated against because their free house is not big enough? And then get called a troll and an abuser for having an opinion? This is our tax money that funds this housing, we are entitled to at least a say. It's not abuse, its a normal uman reaction ffs.
    will op be paying mortgage? Rent?

Yeah...a token payment.

Oh and dont forget the two euro per week for waste. that would cover one quarter of a bin tag for those of us who pay our way.
    yes people who pay their way and people who dont.
    By all means feel free to take my posts a la carte to substantiate your persecution complex....but do not put words in my mouth :D

Now, what words was I putting in your mouth?

• Registered Users Posts: 298 ✭✭tp25

so i have been looking for a answer to this for a while now and sorry if there is already a thread about this topic i just couldn't find one

myself and the partner have been on the housing list for about 3 and a half years now, we put our names down when we had our fist child (Jake) and we were told that we were eligible for a 2 bed room house/apartment.

we have since had a second kid (Ethan) and when we got his birth cert down we went back in to put his name on our application as well and were told that we are still only eligible for a 2 bed house/apartment, and the women at the counter said if we had a girl that we would have been put on the 3 bed list no problem.

when i asked why that was she explained that children of the same sex can share a room but children of oppiset sex need there own room, to witch i replied "my children could end up hating each other or be so different to each other that it would make them sharing a room imposable"
    but this fell on def ear's.

the question i am asking here is if i can do anything about this?
    is there some rule or regulation to state that i am not eligible for 3 bed because i have 2 boys?

i have searched on line but found nothing.
    please help.

disˈgəstiNG

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,468 ✭✭✭✭OldNotWIse

Now, what words was I putting in your mouth?

hahahaha you just proved my point about your a la carte approach by highlighting the only pieces of my posts you want to focus on. :rolleyes: Posts left out, counter posts left out, answers included but questions left out... tut tut ;)

hahahaha you just proved my point about your a la carte approach by highlighting the only pieces of my posts you want to focus on. :rolleyes:

Ffs, you mention free houses numerous times, some guff about paying €2 a week for bins and about people not paying their way, so I wasn't putting words in your mouth at all.

This little fella :rolleyes: doesn't disguise the fact you have a problem with council housing in general. Fair enough if you found the op's initial question somehow offensive to your moral sensibilities, by all means address it if you feel strongly enough about it, but don't make ignorant assumptions about all people living in council housing. Your thanking of certain posts is also very telling.

Is this the state benefits forum or AH? Absolute car crash of a thread....

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 18,966 ✭✭✭✭syklops

I dont have a horse in this race but for the sake of the privacy of the OP's kids can he/she please remove their names from the opening post. There is no need to name them, knowing their names doesn't bring anything to the conversation.

Ffs, you mention free houses numerous times, some guff about paying €2 a week for bins and about people not paying their way, so I wasn't putting words in your mouth at all.

This little fella :rolleyes: doesn't disguise the fact you have a problem with council housing in general. Fair enough if you found the op's initial question somehow offensive to your moral sensibilities, by all means address it if you feel strongly enough about it, but don't make ignorant assumptions about all people living in council housing. Your thanking of certain posts is also very telling.

Is this the state benefits forum or AH? Absolute car crash of a thread....

Er...I said there are two types of people - thos ewho pay and those who dont. Simple.

You are the one trawling back through my posts trying to substantiate your accusations.

Oh and while we're on the subject "ffs"? That little fella doesnt validate your argument either. Just makes you look welll....irritated :rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:

ps, my thanking of posts? Just how much are you observing me lol, I'm a little creeped out ;)

syklops wrote: »
    I dont have a horse in this race but for the sake of the privacy of the OP's kids can he/she please remove their names from the opening post. There is no need to name them, knowing their names doesn't bring anything to the conversation.
    actually thought that at the start

Er...I said there are two types of people - thos ewho pay and those who dont. Simple.

You are the one trawling back through my posts trying to substantiate your accusations.

Oh and while we're on the subject "ffs"? That little fella doesnt validate your argument either. Just makes you look welll....irritated :rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:

Wow, three of these :rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:...consider your argument well and truly won!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,907 ✭✭✭granturismo

amaybe if u put on a Polish accent you would get a half daycent house

Because they work hard, have a decent grasp of English grammar, work at jobs that some others wont bother to apply for and therefore can afford to rent or buy????????

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,180 ✭✭✭hfallada

If the OP lived in LA and he would get is a room provided by one of the protestants churches. They would have to go through a metal detector every time they enter the building and they would all live in a single room with a en-suite.

Irish people are so ungrateful for the generous welfare they get compared to most countries

Wow, three of these :rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:...consider your argument well and truly won!

Oh dear.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,484 ✭✭✭username123

Why did OP continue to procreate while on a housing list? Surely if you cannot afford to house yourself you cannot afford to have more children?

hfallada wrote: »
    If the OP lived in LA and he would get is a room provided by one of the protestants churches. They would have to go through a metal detector every time they enter the building and they would all live in a single room with a en-suite.

Irish people are so ungrateful for the generous welfare they get compared to most countries

remember that guy who was on the radio a while back? Irish guy living in the states who was attacked outside a pub and went broke due to medical bills?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 32,865 ✭✭✭✭MagicMarker

Some folk are being incredible harsh on the OP tbh.

She's already said she doesn't mind getting a 2 bed house. It's the fact that she isn't elligable for a 3 bedroom solely because she has 2 boys that's the problem, and let's face it, it's just another stupid fúcking policy from our government. And in this particular instance I think anyone has a right to feel agrieved over something so retarded.

For the record, I think anyone with 2 kids only needs a 2 bedroom house, regardless of gender.

But the people getting all high and mighty in this thread need to get over themselves. When it comes down to it our government provide subsidized housing for ANYONE that meets a set criteria, and anyone who does meet that criteria has a right to apply, and unfortunately for you lot owning an iphone or a computer doesn't rule someone out.

It actually sounds to me like some people here are jealous, what's wrong? Did some of you mugs get yourselves into negative equity or something? :D

Why did OP continue to procreate while on a housing list? Surely if you cannot afford to house yourself you cannot afford to have more children?

Who said anything about not being able to afford to house yourself?

An alien line of thinking for some, it would seem. Akin to getting a dog and expecting the tax payer to fund kennelling fees.

Some folk are being incredible harsh on the OP tbh.

She's already said she doesn't mind getting a 2 bed house. It's the fact that she isn't elligable for a 3 bedroom solely because she has 2 boys that's the problem, and let's face it, it's just another stupid fúcking policy from our government. And in this particular instance I think anyone has a right to feel agrieved over something so retarded.

For the record, I think anyone with 2 kids only needs a 2 bedroom house, regardless of gender.

But the people getting all high and mighty in this thread need to get over themselves. When it comes down to it our government provide subsidized housing for ANYONE that meets a set criteria, and anyone who does meet that criteria has a right to apply, and unfortunately for you lot owning an iphone or a computer doesn't rule someone out.

It actually sounds to me like some people here are jealous, what's wrong? Did some of you mugs get yourselves into negative equity or something? :D

No offence but...of what?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 61 ✭✭DJjazzyjeff

So If i bang a one, have a child, quit my job I get a FREE house and loads of benfits. I go back working I only have to pay a small percentage of my wages to keep the house. Seems like a win win situation, maybe us working folks don't know how to work the system

No offence but...of what?

It's fairly self explanatory, I would have thought.

• Advertisement

Pure old-fashioned begrudgery and snobbery more like.

Folk like having people to look down on to make themselves feel better.

It's fairly self explanatory, I would have thought.

Easier just to say, no??

• Registered Users Posts: 6 J.Shorten82

mikom wrote: »
    Plays up to date games on X box.

Owns/owned an iPhone 4s

Watches Game of thrones on Sky atlantic.

Thinks it's unfair that the state will not provide two boys with separate rooms........
    STALKER MUCH, ALSO YOU ARE A F*CKING MORON.

So If i bang a one, have a child, quit my job I get a FREE house and loads of benfits. I go back working I only have to pay a small percentage of my wages to keep the house. Seems like a win win situation, maybe us working folks don't know how to work the system

Haven't you just finished your Junior Cert :confused:

but you might only get a two bed...that's the catch it seems.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 61 ✭✭DJjazzyjeff

Haven't you just finished your Junior Cert :confused:

Yea but have part time job, hate scroungers

How is this thread still open?!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,391 ✭✭✭✭mikom

Thanks for the shouting personal abuse, chewythefirsts relative/friend/partner.

If only the social looked as deeply into things.

• Registered Users Posts: 362 ✭✭ameee

If you have two boys or two girls you only need a two bed as they can share a boy and a girl can't more so when they get older it makes sense really. I believe if you had another child of either sex you would get a three bed as it would be a space issue. We waited almost eight years for our house and got a three bed as we had a boy and a girl , we are having another baby and this one Will have to share a room with its brother or sister depending on its sex that's just the way things are boys in one room girls in the other not a room per child and certainly not when you are not in the lucky position to afford your own home.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 20,651 CMod ✭✭✭✭amdublin

Hi Mr Chewythefirst

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement