Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Canon EOS 1100D DSLR Camera + 18-55mm DC Lens (Refurb) - €220 delivered

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,843 ✭✭✭Jet Black

How did you add on the extra lens in the ebay offer?

It just came with it. Two were available one for £175 and £200 both with the same description no mention of an extra lens. Then everyone who bought the 200 one just got an extra lens.

• Registered Users Posts: 246 ✭✭irishbigfoot

Jet Black wrote: »
    Yep for an extra £25 I got a lens worth £146. Worth the gamble.

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/290940921625?redirect=mobile

Yep- took the plunge giving how quickly they sold before. 5 sold already so judging by the other listings only 15 left.

The only difference between the listings (besides the price) seems to be that the one with the extra lens was marked Seller Refurbished- fingers crossed that this one comes with the extra lens as well.

• Registered Users Posts: 423 ✭✭jay28

Yep- took the plunge giving how quickly they sold before. 5 sold already so judging by the other listings only 15 left.

The only difference between the listings (besides the price) seems to be that the one with the extra lens was marked Seller Refurbished- fingers crossed that this one comes with the extra lens as well.

I just went to purchase this and it's asking me to change my address?

jay28 wrote: »
    I just went to purchase this and it's asking me to change my address?

You need to use parcel motel to have it delivered.

• Registered Users Posts: 389 ✭✭jmch81

I got the one for £175, but want the extra lens! what to do.........I don't need a second camera........

• Advertisement

You need to use parcel motel to have it delivered.

May I ask how I go about doing that?

jay28 wrote: »
    May I ask how I go about doing that?

Set up a parcel motel account here. http://www.parcelmotel.com
    Then on eBay add a new address to parcel motel including an account number.

This format for address.

<NAME>
    <PM ID>
    Parcel Motel, 1A McKinney Road
    Newtownabbey, Antrim
    BT36 4PE
    United Kingdom

Set up a parcel motel account here. http://www.parcelmotel.com
    Then on eBay add a new address to parcel motel including an account number.

This format for address.

<NAME>
    <PM ID>
    Parcel Motel, 1A McKinney Road
    Newtownabbey, Antrim
    BT36 4PE
    United Kingdom

Thanks, just got it sorted!

• Registered Users Posts: 8,798 ✭✭✭MiskyBoyy

It's that good of a bargain with the 300mm lens I'm half considering buying it even though I can't really afford it right now. Stupid bargain alerts lol :P

• Registered Users Posts: 676 ✭✭✭Tweaky

Basq wrote: »
    Probably the one with the extra lens..

Just got my email confirmation from canon and in the item description at the end it has +75 - Looks like it is the two lens version alright. Great result for that price.

Thanks again Basq for finding this bargain.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 18,268 ✭✭✭✭uck51js9zml2yt

jmch81 wrote: »
    I got the one for £175, but want the extra lens! what to do.........I don't need a second camera........

try Currys eBay store.

• Registered Users Posts: 547 ✭✭✭PCDub

Just bit the bullet on the 199 one, fingers crossed its not a dud.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,358 ✭✭✭DubDJ

Just tested out the 1100D using a Sandisk Extreme SDHC 45MB/s card as opposed to a normal Sandisk Class 10 SD card and it's well worth the money to upgrade to the 45MB/s card. Using the standard card on continuous shooting mode I noticed delays and after a few shots you'd have to wait and let it catch up.

I shot a continuous amount of RAW images using the faster SDHC and there was barely any noticeable lag. Definitely a big difference between the two.

I'll definitely be picking up a second backup card in the next few days and i'll be getting another one of the faster SDHC ones.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,428 ✭✭✭quietsailor

and nowwwww there's 5 available, 15 sold :o, ye're bad bad people twisting my rubber arm to buy this camera :D:D

The one for £175 is back too here

Buy the one for £200 though as you are most likely getting an extra lens worth £146. Only 2 left now. Here

• Registered Users Posts: 4,841 ✭✭✭RayCon

The one for £175 is back too here

Buy the one for £200 though as you are most likely getting an extra lens worth £146. Only 2 left now. Here

Finally caved and bought the £199 listing ... got the confirmation email and it lists the item as "Canon: CAMERA EOS 1100D 18-55DC+75 ** B STOCK **" ... so looks like the extra lens is included :cool:

• Registered Users Posts: 912 ✭✭✭bmm

It seems i will have to pay postage and insurance to return a faulty 1100D to Ebay Canon_Uk . If i was in the UK, Canon would have collected it for free. :mad:

SLR camera bodies are so light these days compared to what they used to be. There is no weight balance between the lens and the camera. It makes the camera more difficult to hold. This model, especially so. Maybe a discussion for another thread but should be noted for prospective purchasers.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,030 ✭✭✭remoteboy

RayCon wrote: »
    Finally caved and bought the £199 listing ... got the confirmation email and it lists the item as "Canon: CAMERA EOS 1100D 18-55DC+75 ** B STOCK **" ... so looks like the extra lens is included :cool:

Is that email from eBay? I bought one at 1pm and have only received a confirmation email from PayPal. No mention of the +75 in there.

[edit]
    Oops. Found it in my junk filter. Says +75 too. *crosses fingers*

• Registered Users Posts: 1,097 ✭✭✭gar

bmm wrote: »
    It seems i will have to pay postage and insurance to return a faulty 1100D to Ebay Canon_Uk . If i was in the UK, Canon would have collected it for free. :mad:

SLR camera bodies are so light these days compared to what they used to be. There is no weight balance between the lens and the camera. It makes the camera more difficult to hold. This model, especially so. Maybe a discussion for another thread but should be noted for prospective purchasers.

Did you try what I did?

http://touch.boards.ie/thread/post/85297148

Put it in on Fri and waiting to hear back. Will call tomorrow

Gar

• Registered Users Posts: 5 FitzS

Gar, seems like you had more luck with ISS than I did. I phoned them about my Eos 1100D which was faulty out the box last Friday - they said they didn't service or repair cameras in Dublin, just took them in and sent off to Canon UK.....and when they found I had bought a refurb unit through UK told me I'd have to send it back myself......
    Got phone number for bay seller Digital River (Limerick number!!) - put through to tech repair, and then transferred to Canon UK service centre who said camera has mechanical fault and had to be returned - cost me 35.00 to register!! Will argue toss between ebay seller and paypal to get this refunded. Looking to get replacement unit as I reckon I got camera that was a faulty return and not a demo / display model.
    Emails back and forth from ebay seller at the moment, so I'll see what happens

Not so sure all these refurb units are being properly checked, and a few have been faulty, so just beware of what you are buying......

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,097 ✭✭✭gar

Balls.
    Hope they are not just sitting on it waiting me to call...

Gar

• Registered Users Posts: 158 ✭✭gamblor101

The ones for £175 are back again

• Registered Users Posts: 2,508 ✭✭✭Lemag

gamblor101 wrote: »
    Jaysus! How many of these things do they have? For those interested it might be worth the gamble to wait to see if they'll be selling more of the same camera but with the addition of the 75-300 mm lens for £199.

Does the tracking number worked for anyone who ordered recently? Mine shipped yesterday morning but the tracking number throws an error.

EDIT: Never mind, arrived in Parcel Motel as I was typing this.

• Registered Users Posts: 676 ✭✭✭Tweaky

Does the tracking number worked for anyone who ordered recently? Mine shipped yesterday morning but the tracking number throws an error.

EDIT: Never mind, arrived in Parcel Motel as I was typing this.

That was quick - what day did you buy yours ? I got my shipping notice this morning and thought I wouldn't see it until early next week.

Tweaky wrote: »
    That was quick - what day did you buy yours ? I got my shipping notice this morning and thought I wouldn't see it until early next week.

I also got my shipping notice this morning, hoping to have it early next week

• Registered Users Posts: 11,387 ✭✭✭✭Green&Red

Anyone have an issue with PM not texting out the verification code? Or is there a time lag?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,508 ✭✭✭Lemag

Green&Red wrote: »
    Anyone have an issue with PM not texting out the verification code? Or is there a time lag?
    If your item has yet to leave the Parcel Motel depot you won't have been issued with a code for it.

Tweaky wrote: »

Bought midday on Tuesday. When I say it arrived in PM I mean it's now in Belfast not in my PM box!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,353 ✭✭✭coldfire1x

gamblor101 wrote: »

Not any more. I am interested in the £199. Really busy yesterday so missed again :(

I am keeping an eye on it, hope it pops up again.

Advertisement