Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Canon EOS 1100D DSLR Camera + 18-55mm DC Lens (Refurb) - €220 delivered

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 9,061 ✭✭✭Kenny Logins

jay0109 wrote: »
    Got the Hama filter...is the one you linked to Basq for the 18-55mm lens or the other bigger lens your all talking about here also?
    Or is there some knack to getting this on to the 18-55m lens? I would have thought you just screw it on but it seems way too big for the lens

Are the filter and lens both 58mm?

UV filters don't actually do anything anyway, apart from protecting the glass.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,924 ✭✭✭Nforce

PCDub wrote: »
    Thats good to hear, i hope its ok handheld too.

The pic I took was handheld at 270mm 1600ISO f6.3 1/320 (didn't realise the settings were locked down on my Pix.ie account), but you should now be able to view the full size jpeg taken from the RAW file by clicking the pic below..focus point was set on the bird's eye

D6632BC3728140BB951DB694ECFCBE77-0000321957-0003303208-00800L-E80493D36109488E9ADBD882F3EC5D4F.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 5,359 ✭✭✭DubDJ

Hooked wrote: »
    So what SD card would you guys recommend if it all arrives safe n sound?

And to Basq and everyone else... MANY THANKS (fingers crossed for the second lens).

This Sandisk one. Find it very quick especially for continuous shooting. Add a Hama Filter or Tripod for free shipping too.

• Registered Users Posts: 246 ✭✭irishbigfoot

jay0109 wrote: »
    Got the Hama filter...is the one you linked to Basq for the 18-55mm lens or the other bigger lens your all talking about here also?
    Or is there some knack to getting this on to the 18-55m lens? I would have thought you just screw it on but it seems way too big for the lens

It should just screw on so could be that the wrong size filter was sent out. Lots of different diameter lens even within Canon let alone all the other companies. Some information on Canon US about their lens specs but both that came with the kit are 58mm.

• Registered Users Posts: 246 ✭✭irishbigfoot

DubDJ wrote: »
    This Sandisk one. Find it very quick especially for continuous shooting. Add a Hama Filter or Tripod for free shipping too.

Might go for that one myself...also looking at the Integral one here. From what I gather from other specs either of these cards are going to be faster than the camera.

Does anybody know if having a 'full size' SDHC card better than having a micro SDHC in an adaptor or is there any difference?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 15,116 ✭✭✭✭RasTa

What program you use for opening the CR2.0 files? Gimp not working.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,798 ✭✭✭MiskyBoyy

This is something all you guys need too:

Microsoft Camera Codec Pack

Basically adds codecs so you can view all your RAW files in most programs including Windows Photo Viewer!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,396 ✭✭✭lindtee

Worth keeping an eye on canon ebay shop for lenses. In May they were selling refurbished EF 50 mm F/1.8 II lens for £49.95. Think I am going to hold off until I get one for around this price. Have spent far too much already!

• Registered Users Posts: 112 ✭✭kingerae86

just setting up a parcel motel account and
    adding the address to paypal.
    its coming up as

name
    PM******
    Parcel Motel 1A McKinney Road
    Newtownabbey, Co Antrim
    BT36 4PE
    Ireland

should ireland be at the bottom?
    if not,how do i remove it from the address?

also what size locker is needed for the canon eos 1100d camera?

thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 3,396 ✭✭✭lindtee

I think the only way to be able to add United Kingdom at the end is through Ebay when you checkout, so you'll have to wait until the offer comes up again to add the address. The camera will easily fit into any of the lockers in the parcel motel.

• Advertisement

kingerae86 wrote: »
    also what size locker is needed for the canon eos 1100d camera?

thanks

You don't have to choose a specific size locker.

Parcel Motel just put it in whatever size locker it requires.

• Registered Users Posts: 112 ✭✭kingerae86

cheers lindtee and dalad.
    guess ill just have to be patient and wait for them too appear again.
    hopefully i can get my hands on one soon :confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,670 ✭✭✭jay0109

Are the filter and lens both 58mm?

UV filters don't actually do anything anyway, apart from protecting the glass.

Finally got it to screw into place. It did'nt seem at all as though it was meant to screw in but I suppose the threading is so fine
    Thanks all

• Registered Users Posts: 912 ✭✭✭bmm

When they get a returned camera do they just look at the exterior and go "Ah yeah looks grand" and throw it in a box?! Pfft. So many people with problems that could have been noticed if they had just switched it on for a second.

I managed to get Canon UK to collect my damaged camera and a full refund . Don't think i wud chance another refurb.

• Registered Users Posts: 986 ✭✭✭psicic

bmm wrote: »
    I managed to get Canon UK to collect my damaged camera and a full refund . Don't think i wud chance another refurb.

Just as a matter of interest, did it take much hassle?

Anyone have any success with their broken cameras? Like getting it repaired at a service centre?

Ignoring statutory rights for a minute (given it was bought on a UK-only auction probably muddies who pays for returning the item a bit) - the UK warranty we all have states that it will be repaired free of charge in any authorised service centre in any member countries of the European Warranty Service. I can't see how they can refuse.

Even though my camera's perfect (apart from having a file index saying its taken more than 1,000 pictures!) I'm hesitating telling some friends that they should try and snag this offer next time, simply because I don't want to be inviting potential hassle down on them.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,359 ✭✭✭DubDJ

psicic wrote: »

Anyone have any success with their broken cameras? Like getting it repaired at a service centre?

Ignoring statutory rights for a minute (given it was bought on a UK-only auction probably muddies who pays for returning the item a bit) - the UK warranty we all have states that it will be repaired free of charge in any authorised service centre in any member countries of the European Warranty Service. I can't see how they can refuse.

Even though my camera's perfect (apart from having a file index saying its taken more than 1,000 pictures!) I'm hesitating telling some friends that they should try and snag this offer next time, simply because I don't want to be inviting potential hassle down on them.
    My camera shows the photo count in the 9,000 so not sure if that's a bug or not. I see I'm the settings there is control over it and think a reset for the counter.

• Registered Users Posts: 672 ✭✭✭RIALTO1

Sorry if this is the wrong place, but I bought this camera (£175 version) for my missus, who has now told me she doesn't want it. She didn't even try it the ungrateful so and so!! Where is the best place for me to sell it?

Cheers

• Registered Users Posts: 43,836 ✭✭✭✭Basq

RIALTO1 wrote: »
    Sorry if this is the wrong place, but I bought this camera (£175 version) for my missus, who has now told me she doesn't want it. She didn't even try it the ungrateful so and so!! Where is the best place for me to sell it?

Cheers
    Pop it on Adverts or savemejebus might take it off your hands.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,785 ✭✭✭Hooked

Cheers

You selling her or the camera?

There's one up on done deal for 350 (with a few extras). You might even make a few quid.

• Registered Users Posts: 786 ✭✭✭SQ2

You selling her or the camera?

There's one up on done deal for 350 (with a few extras). You might even make a few quid.

A missus or a camera? :D

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 18,268 ✭✭✭✭uck51js9zml2yt

SQ2 wrote: »
    A missus or a camera? :D

both though he might make more on the the camera

Cheers

Might want to make sure it's free of defects before putting it up for sale.

• Registered Users Posts: 547 ✭✭✭PCDub

attack of buyers remorse here too, especially when i saw my card statement, so if anyone is looking for the 200stg version i've one here tested and working, zoom lens not even taken from is box yet. Going for cost.

• Registered Users Posts: 994 ✭✭✭pajodublin

Has anyone received ones that were ordered last Thursday?
    This digitalriver are useless at responding

• Registered Users Posts: 2,785 ✭✭✭Hooked

attack of buyers remorse here too, especially when i saw my card statement, so if anyone is looking for the 200stg version i've one here tested and working, zoom lens not even taken from is box yet. Going for cost.

Ah here! If I'd known this yesterday i'd have gladly taken it off your hands. I hope I get the second lens now that I gambled the extra 25 sterling on it!

Surely you'll get upwards of 400 for that on done deal or adverts.ie?

• Registered Users Posts: 912 ✭✭✭bmm

psicic wrote: »

No. i just asked them to collect it and that was it.

They don't do repairs though. Not sure why.

• Registered Users Posts: 998 ✭✭✭zekiel

I've pm'd you, would be interested in picking this up. been dropping on to the canon ebay site as regular as I could but I've failed to get in on time.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,387 ✭✭✭✭Green&Red

pajodublin wrote: »
    Has anyone received ones that were ordered last Thursday?
    This digitalriver are useless at responding

I've been told today by parcel motel its ready to collect

• Registered Users Posts: 5 FitzS

Mine was faulty out of the box - its currently back in Canon service centre in Elstree. Posted at my expense - (having being emailed by Canon UK to send it back) - ebay seller then said they would have picked it up - but assume they are going by address in PM, NI, so think its within UK collection zone. Anyway currently arguing the toss about refund of postage or some form of compensation.
    There is an Irish contact when you look through their list of service centres, but they told me they don't service cameras just take them in and send them off to the UK. I'd looked up some UK photography sites and there was alot of good feedback for the Canon Elstree service centre, for both repairs to cameras outside warranty and the fact that they often just replaced items that went faulty within warranty period, so thats why I opted to send it there.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 547 ✭✭✭PCDub

Ah here! If I'd known this yesterday i'd have gladly taken it off your hands. I hope I get the second lens now that I gambled the extra 25 sterling on it!

Surely you'll get upwards of 400 for that on done deal or adverts.ie?

That always happens to me too..

Probably could get more on adverts but just want what I paid and pass it on to another boardie.

Advertisement