Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Canon EOS 1100D DSLR Camera + 18-55mm DC Lens (Refurb) - €220 delivered

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,843 ✭✭✭Jet Black

Picked up mine last night. Total cost was €247.11 inc delivery for the £200 one. Very happy with it. Wanted a DSLR for the last few years and this was too good to pass up. The extra lens was a nice bonus.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,359 ✭✭✭DubDJ

A few goodies arrived today :D All perfect, although the Hama lens had a piece of metal sticking out but it just popped back in. The bag I ordered from Amazon was cheap but nice. Didn't like the look of the Amazon Basics one.

Here's a pic with everything packed away. Will only hold one lens but it'll do for now and loadsa space for accessories :D
    url]

• Registered Users Posts: 43,836 ✭✭✭✭Basq

Bag looks good DubDJ..

.. only picked the AmazonBasics bag up myself (along with the Hama UV Filter and Tripod - expecting those today or tomorrow!) but also looking for a bag for more than one lens.

Am in no real rush but definitely worth keeping an eye out.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,425 ✭✭✭jamesd

This is the bag I went for:
    http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=111071726817

Lowepro SlingShot 200 AW DSLR Camera Sling Shoulder Bag Backpack Case

• Registered Users Posts: 46 ellie2

Been keeping an eye on this but missed it again today. I want to buy my first dslr, I'm going traveling in October for a couple of months, I'm debating between the 1100 and the 600. I know there's a huge difference in price but I am considering it an investment....anyone any advice. Thanks

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 18,268 ✭✭✭✭uck51js9zml2yt

ellie2 wrote: »
    Been keeping an eye on this but missed it again today. I want to buy my first dslr, I'm going traveling in October for a couple of months, I'm debating between the 1100 and the 600. I know there's a huge difference in price but I am considering it an investment....anyone any advice. Thanks
    I have both. upgraded to the 600 last week after 2 years with the 1100 which I'm now selling.
    for a starter its great and if you get the slightly dearer deal you get a nice zoom.
    if its long term the 600 is good but you only get 1 lense. cost me 400€ with at least 150 for an IS zoom

• Registered Users Posts: 46 ellie2

Thanks tartan ska where did you buy it for 400. Cheapest I can see is amazon for £409 with £30 cash back. I can't figure out though what warranty is on it.
    Cheers

• Registered Users Posts: 2,670 ✭✭✭jay0109

Basq wrote: »
    Sorry, here's the instructions.. worth a shot!

---

Was just messing with an increased shutter speed taking a photo of the kitchen tap with water running..

4AsiYQ.jpg

Kinda cool!

Tried that water tap pic with as high a shutter speed as possible...1/4000 and just lower. But the pics are coming back near pitch dark. So I use the flash and the shutter speed drops back to 1/200.
    Am reading up on this but not understanding why this is happening

jay0109 wrote: »
    Tried that water tap pic with as high a shutter speed as possible...1/4000 and just lower. But the pics are coming back near pitch dark. So I use the flash and the shutter speed drops back to 1/200.
    1/4000 is way too high.. not giving the light enough time to get through.. that's why it dark.

Mine was taken at 1/80.. but try 1/100 to 1/200 if needs be.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,061 ✭✭✭Kenny Logins

Your shutter can't sync with the flash any faster than 1/200. You'll just get a black bar covering some of the image.

Try it at the slower shutter speed, the flash will freeze the water for you. ...not literally, of course. :pac:

1/180 @ f11. 100 ISO (used an external flash though :D)

6745224123_74a73bf341_z.jpg

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,641 ✭✭✭zero19

Nice video here on freezing splashes http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JUtrNJN_4zY

zero19 wrote: »
    Nice video here on freezing splashes http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JUtrNJN_4zY

That dude's channel is well worth watching, he is very creative and shows how to achieve his shots with minimal equipment.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,670 ✭✭✭jay0109

Ok, thanks. It was just the mention of increased shutter speed initially that made me think increasing shutter speed was the way to go.
    On auto, the speed on pics taken is coming out at 1/60. And in TV mode, it's coming out at 1/200

Ok, thanks. It was just the mention of increased shutter speed initially that made me think increasing shutter speed was the way to go.
    On auto, the speed on pics taken is coming out at 1/60. And in TV mode, it's coming out at 1/200

Tv is time value - shutter speed priority. You set the shutter speed (max 1/200 with flash up)

Set it to Av (aperture value) and the shutter speed will change automatically for correct exposure.

ellie2 wrote: »
    Thanks tartan ska where did you buy it for 400. Cheapest I can see is amazon for £409 with £30 cash back. I can't figure out though what warranty is on it.
    Cheers

canon uk on ebay.

• Registered Users Posts: 12 firstofficerp

Annoyed I missed out on this as I've been meaning to buy one for a couple of months. I have bit the bullet and bought it off Amazon, worked out at €280 which isn't bad!

I'm going travelling in September for 10 months, would people recommend I get another lense or am I ok with the one that it comes with? If so, which one and why? Thanks!

• Registered Users Posts: 240 ✭✭Macer123

Annoyed I missed out on this as I've been meaning to buy one for a couple of months. I have bit the bullet and bought it off Amazon, worked out at €280 which isn't bad! !

I've also being keeping an eye open to get a good deal on this or similar camera.
    Is the price of €280 from Amazon for the body only, if not can you provide a link. Thanks.

Macer123 wrote: »
    I've also being keeping an eye open to get a good deal on this or similar camera.
    Is the price of €280 from Amazon for the body only, if not can you provide a link. Thanks.

This deal here is better.

Annoyed I missed out on this as I've been meaning to buy one for a couple of months. I have bit the bullet and bought it off Amazon, worked out at €280 which isn't bad!

I'm going travelling in September for 10 months, would people recommend I get another lense or am I ok with the one that it comes with? If so, which one and why? Thanks!

If I just got the standard lens and not the 75-300mm that would be the first thing I'd buy for range. Although the standard lens will work in most situations.

Jet Black wrote: »
    If I just got the standard lens and not the 75-300mm that would be the first thing I'd buy for range. Although the standard lens will work in most situations.

get a zoom if your going away. wouldn't be without mine.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,798 ✭✭✭MiskyBoyy

What a bargain especially with the 300mm zoom lens! :eek:

It's great to see so many new people getting into SLR photography :D

For all you aspiring photographers out there, here's a great bit of advice....

SHOOT IN 'RAW' MODE!

Explained here:
    10 Reasons Why You Should Be Shooting RAW

• Registered Users Posts: 5,359 ✭✭✭DubDJ

DaLad wrote: »
    What a bargain especially with the 300mm zoom lens! :eek:

It's great to see so many new people getting into SLR photography :D

For all you aspiring photographers out there, here's a great bit of advice....

SHOOT IN 'RAW' MODE!

Explained here:
    10 Reasons Why You Should Be Shooting RAW

Switched my settings to RAW a few days back and wasn't sure what made it so much better. That article goes into great detail. Very good read.

• Registered Users Posts: 676 ✭✭✭Tweaky

Back up at a slightly higher price of £ 199 - The laws of supply and demand I suppose. Still very good value.

Tweaky wrote: »
    Back up at a slightly higher price of £ 199 - The laws of supply and demand I suppose. Still very good value.
    Probably the one with the extra lens..

Yep for an extra £25 I got a lens worth £146. Worth the gamble.

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/290940921625?redirect=mobile

• Registered Users Posts: 920 ✭✭✭Ron Burgundy II

Can't see it on canon ebay page. Anyone have a link?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,508 ✭✭✭Lemag

Basq wrote: »
    Probably the one with the extra lens..

They don't make any mention of the 75-300 lense although nor did they the last time. Strange selling strategy.

DubDJ wrote: »
    Switched my settings to RAW a few days back and wasn't sure what made it so much better. That article goes into great detail. Very good read.

Only really switch to RAW if you're going to take the time to process each photo. Jpeg is easier to handle and share etc., fine when starting out - let the camera do some of the work for you.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,508 ✭✭✭Lemag

Can't see it on canon ebay page. Anyone have a link?
    It's shipping to UK only so if you're signed in to ebay.ie you might not see it. If so, sign out and then try clicking on Jet Black's link.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,428 ✭✭✭quietsailor

How did you add on the extra lens in the ebay offer?

Advertisement