Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Alcohol is the worst drug out there

Options
12346»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 387 ✭✭DaveDaRave

Are you serious?

Or are you confusing methadone with methamphetamine?

I sincerely hope it's the latter.

methadone is far more deadly than methamphetamine

jimpump wrote: »
    Vicodin is an opiate just like heroin. They are from the same family of drugs made from the poppy plant such as oxycontin, oxynorm, diamorphine, codeine, heroin etc. You obviously dont have a clue about the matter so come back when youve done some research on the matter
    You do know that diamorphine is heroin.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,389 ✭✭✭mattjack

DaveDaRave wrote: »
    methadone is far more deadly than methamphetamine

They don't compare , one is a stimulant, the other a depressant .
    The OD effect of one is CNS often with a slow respiratory OD , the effect of the other may not be so apparent with organ failure a real problem along with paranoia.

• Registered Users Posts: 830 ✭✭✭jimpump

mattjack wrote: »
    Its relatively stable at the moment .The last report I've seen said there was a slight dip in heroin use in Dublin and slight rise nationally.Its certainly not double or higher.There's no way there's 30,000 plus unaccounted for heroin addicts in Dublin.

That's one of craziest comments I've ever seen about heroin.

Hows that crazy. Do you go around asking everyone you encounter do they take heroin. I know plenty of ppl, that you could never tell their stoned or using that are heroin addicts

Dont buy into the stereotype that heroin users are all homeless, tracksuit wearing, unwashed scumbags. You obviously read the daily mail too much and believe everything you read

As I said I know plenty of addicts with high up jobs who wear suits (not trackies) to their office jobs everyday

• Registered Users Posts: 5,389 ✭✭✭mattjack

jimpump wrote: »
    Hows that crazy. Do you go around asking everyone you encounter do they take heroin. I know plenty of ppl, that you could never tell their stoned or using that are heroin addicts

Dont buy into the stereotype that heroin users are all homeless, tracksuit wearing, unwashed scumbags. You obviously read the daily mail too much and believe everything you read

As I said I know plenty of addicts with high up jobs who wear suits (not trackies) to their office jobs everyday

:) I work in a drug service , it deals with homeless addicts.
    It also has needle exchanges , the things you think are given out at methadone clinics.

It also, more importantly , counts for statistics who uses its services to give us an idea of how many addicts there are and shares gathered information with other agencies including the HSE...

It also publish's reports , many of them full of information.

I don't think I've ever read the Daily Mail and sometimes I wear suits too.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 34,069 ✭✭✭✭The_Kew_Tour

Gambling is the worst.

You can only drink so much.

• Registered Users Posts: 387 ✭✭DaveDaRave

They don't compare , one is a stimulant, the other a depressant .
    The OD effect of one is CNS often with a slow respiratory OD , the effect of the other may not be so apparent with organ failure a real problem along with paranoia.

from long term abuse of methamphetmine which would include staying awake for days and not eating any food, but you are unlikely to overdose on methamphetmiane unless you inject it. Methadone has a pretty low overdose level you could overdose a lot easier than methamphetamine, but arguably you could be a lot more functioning as a methadone addict as you would probably not stay awake for days on end like methamphetamine.

That said, methamphetamine at low dose does increase cognitive function just like dextroamphetamine both of which are prescribed (although methamphetamine not nearly as much as dextroamphetmine) for ADHD, and approved by the FDA.

• Registered Users Posts: 830 ✭✭✭jimpump

:) I work in a drug service , it deals with homeless addicts.
    It also has needle exchanges , the things you think are given out at methadone clinics.

It also, more importantly , counts for statistics who uses its services to give us an idea of how many addicts there are and shares gathered information with other agencies including the HSE...

It also publish's reports , many of them full of information.

I don't think I've ever read the Daily Mail and sometimes I wear suits too.

I know needles are giving out at needles exchanges along with tin foil if im not mistaken.
    It was a slip of the tongue when I said methadone clinics

And fair play for wearing suits lol

Advertisement