Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

benefits of NOT having a beard

Options
1235»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,280 ✭✭✭Glico Man

Blondie919 wrote: »
    I know when it comes to Hotel work you have to be clean shaven.

Depends on what your job position is in hotels. I work as a kp in a hotel and have a very hairy beard. No-one has ordered me to shave it and if they ever do then I'll quit my job.

Work in a hotel bar/restaurant myself and have a trimmed beard. I've been asked, jokingly, to shave by my Dept. Manager and HR Manager a few times. I said no.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,510 ✭✭✭✭Galwayguy35

I grow a beard for the winter and shave it off for the summer, a beard is handy for keeping the cheeks warm on the cold winter mornings.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,184 ✭✭✭marshbaboon

I was walking past a group of kids and one of them shouts "nice beard", so I asked him if he'd ever seen a grown man naked before.

Absolutely true story.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,992 ✭✭✭✭gurramok

I grow a beard for the winter and shave it off for the summer, a beard is handy for keeping the cheeks warm on the cold winter mornings.

Well, you're doing it for Movember. A good cause for charity where there is demand for beardies to be chopped! ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 24,878 ✭✭✭✭arybvtcw0eolkf

Nemeses wrote: »
    Can I ask, what jobs do you have that state no beards?

Military.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 5,825 ✭✭✭Timmyctc

This is the shirt all us bearded men wear

• Registered Users Posts: 3,272 ✭✭✭Barna77

None at all.

Unless you're a woman, then you should be worried for having a beard.

• Registered Users Posts: 34,696 ✭✭✭✭o1s1n
    Master of the Universe

Military.

Should be mandatory to have a beard. Nothing scarier than an army of bearded men running at you screaming at the top of their lungs :pac:

o1s1n wrote: »
    Should be mandatory to have a beard. Nothing scarier than an army of bearded men running at you screaming at the top of their lungs :pac:

Agreed. Haven't you all seen Braveheart?

Ps this is my 1000th post. About beards. Because I am a man. A Manly bearded manly 1000th post.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,789 ✭✭✭✭ScumLord

It usually was mandatory to have at least a moustache. That only stopped in WW1.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,625 ✭✭✭Sofaspud

Had one girl threaten to break up with me if I did shave.... obviously I fell madly in love with her. She is a queen among women with her priorities straight.

My girlfriend tells me this all the time. Definitely a keeper.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,673 ✭✭✭Stavro Mueller

If you're a woman it saves you a fortune on hair removal treatment...:pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,992 ✭✭✭✭gurramok

So no beards allowed in the military, we know why. They don't want wimps, only real men! ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 4,629 ✭✭✭googled eyes

You know all those famous dudes your girlfriend/wife like. They like them more bearded ;) Proper beards look cool and keep your face warm in winter.

My wife says I'm a different person when I save. She says I'm very grumpy when my face is naked.

Beards have always been cool through history. It was only church leaders or kings who couldn't grow beards that turned society against the beard.

For anyone wishing to grow a real beard:D

• Registered Users Posts: 452 ✭✭earlytobed

gurramok wrote: »
    So no beards allowed in the military, we know why. They don't want wimps, only real men! ;)

You can grow one if you have a medical skin condition. I remember a very scary looking bearded sergeant we had in the Leb years ago

• Registered Users Posts: 1,829 ✭✭✭Nemeses

But if your in the military and had a beard.. you could look as awesome as this guy!

Now would you mess with a guy like that?

In LotR he wasn't called "Treecleanshaven" was he? Nope.
    Treebeard

• Registered Users Posts: 13,407 ✭✭✭✭kowloon

ScumLord wrote: »
    It usually was mandatory to have at least a moustache. That only stopped in WW1.

French sappers/pioneers used to pride themselves on having large bushy beards, it's considered a privilege to have one. The same holds true for other nations.

Canadian example.

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 4,327 Mod ✭✭✭✭TherapyBoy

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,607 ✭✭✭toastedpickles

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 231 ✭✭turtleshead

less likely to be suspected as a terrorist when going through airport security

Advertisement