Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

benefits of NOT having a beard

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,992 ✭✭✭✭gurramok

Having a beard is a sure sign of laziness in a person or they are in training for the Taliban:pac:.

They are just too lazy to shave, cleanliness and hygiene is not their foremost feature.

• Registered Users Posts: 943 ✭✭✭Real Life

I have a pretty big beard, by the comments in this thread a lot of people would be surprised how many women love beards.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,163 ✭✭✭✭danniemcq

humbert wrote: »
    I suppose there does come a point where anything covering your face increases your appeal :p

haha touche!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,837 ✭✭✭TheLastMohican

You can't rub your beard, look philosophic and come up with an answer.

You don't get all squishy when going down on the wife/girlfriend/casual encounter.

That's all I can think of.

Rubbing bare chin frantically

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,390 ✭✭✭IM0

Grayson wrote: »
    You look like you actually bothered with your appearance

ah your looking for the unkept beard thread >>>>>>>>>>

• Advertisement

discus wrote: »
    You 'real men have beards' loons need to get a grip. If you have a beard, it's because you're compensating for your lack-of elsewhere.

I have a beard, big cock, and I dont man scape like a pussy either to make my dick look larger than it is :o

:p

• Registered Users Posts: 10,462 ✭✭✭✭WoollyRedHat

discus wrote: »
    You 'real men have beards' loons need to get a grip. If you have a beard, it's because you're compensating for your lack-of elsewhere.

Vagina?

• Registered Users Posts: 13,407 ✭✭✭✭kowloon

Love the serious replies :D

gurramok wrote: »
    Having a beard is a sure sign of laziness in a person or they are in training for the Taliban:pac:.

They are just too lazy to shave, cleanliness and hygiene is not their foremost feature.

why shave its just going to grow back, over and over and over again :pac:

also there is the added benefit of not looking like a lady boy

• Registered Users Posts: 5,238 ✭✭✭humbert

IM0 wrote: »
    why shave its just going to grow back, over and over and over again :pac:
    Take it you don't shower either then?
    also there is the added benefit of not looking like a lady boy
    In your shoes I'd probably go for the beard too.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 943 ✭✭✭Real Life

I wash and condition my beard everyday and also comb it numerous times throughout the day. Im probably the cleanest person i know so your argument is invalid.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,082 ✭✭✭Feathers

Do you shave your head too so, for hygiene?

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Music Moderators, Politics Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 22,360 CMod ✭✭✭✭Dravokivich

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,825 ✭✭✭Timmyctc

So many poor little guys unable to grow beards. Getting all riled up. Its okay though. Come, join us in the beard sanctuary and we will teach you the way of the beard.

• Registered Users Posts: 818 ✭✭✭Triangla

• Registered Users Posts: 3,808 ✭✭✭FatherLen

serious amount of jealousy in this thread.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,843 ✭✭✭CrabRevolution

Having a beard makes it incredibly uncomfortable for me to wear a hurling helmet, made even worse by the fact i have eczema.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,837 ✭✭✭TheLastMohican

Triangla wrote: »
    Beards make for better soldiers:

http://www.duffelblog.com/2012/04/pentagon-study-finds-beards-directly-proportional-to-combat-effectiveness/[/QUOTE]

I like the last bit:

There’s no doubt that many in the Special Forces community will be angered, but General Mattis is convinced.
    “It’s settled science. In light of this information we will enforce a rule requiring all males to wear at least one inch of facial hair at all times. Furthermore, any females able to grow facial hair are encouraged to do so as well.”

Timmyctc wrote: »
    So many poor little guys unable to grow beards. Getting all riled up. Its okay though. Come, join us in the beard sanctuary and we will teach you the way of the beard.

no its a testosterone thing, you cant teach testosterone, you cant teach manliness either, either you have it or you dont

no its a testosterone thing, you cant teach testosterone

Have you ever been to the Beard Sanctuary?
    We taught this guy to beard

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 199 ✭✭thiarfearr

Real Life wrote: »
    I wash and condition my beard everyday and also comb it numerous times throughout the day. Im probably the cleanest person i know so your argument is invalid.

Being the cleanest hippy you know isn't something to brag about

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,985 ✭✭✭✭dgt

Sadly not here, you need to request to have one (thats what your told anyway)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,783 ✭✭✭Pj!

Are there any bearded men that grow their beard for a reason other than to establish their male identity?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 130 ✭✭V123

I am a women and my husband has a beard, always has since Ive known him.

when we were getting married, friends kept asking me if I was going to get him to shave it for the day! I was thinking 'no', 'why'

I don't get the problem with beards, I like them :)

also most women I know have at least admitted that they do like 3-4 day stubble!

• Registered Users Posts: 818 ✭✭✭Triangla

Duffelblog.com is satire btw

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,985 ✭✭✭✭dgt

Duffelblog.com is satire btw

Whoops :o as you were, carry on :pac:

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Music Moderators, Politics Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 22,360 CMod ✭✭✭✭Dravokivich

Pj! wrote: »
    Are there any bearded men that grow their beard for a reason other than to establish their male identity?

Yes, it keeps me company.

Pj! wrote: »

It eliminates the need for an effeminate scarf.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,461 ✭✭✭--Kaiser--

no its a testosterone thing, you cant teach testosterone, you cant teach manliness either, either you have it or you dont

Genetics are more relevant than testosterone levels. Africans have 20% higher testosterone levels than Caucasians but less facial hair (possibly due to the partial Neanderthal heritage of the latter)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,982 ✭✭✭Caliden

ITT: Neckbeards.

Advertisement