Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Butterflies

Options
124»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 248 ✭✭GoldenLight

Festy wrote: »
    So what does a girl say when she's a good looking guy and gets butterflies ?

Hi I'm (name) you're a cnut,now lets have sex ?

:pac:

I think that is actually a transexual. and their is no way I would say that to someone :D

Hello I just looked through the rest of the thread, and yep a lot of posters need to get out there and stop blaming the attractive sex, for your failures to have sex.

Try enjoying the moment ( when chatting too the person your attractive to) enjoy every moment of it (stop double thinking yourself (which I think most people seem to do))

That is the beauty of it all most realtionships starts with having a buzz off each other. Start buzzing off each other, allow yourself to be able to meet new and exciting new people

That is how to be a nice/bad boy/girl.

I really can't believe a transsexual has to give you guys this advice. ; )

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,207 ✭✭✭jaffacakesyum

Jimmy 5F wrote: »
    What about all the wives and girlfriends who see sex as a chore? Maybe if there was the spark it wouldn't be such a chore.

Lol...your logic is hilarious.

So because a wife or girlfriend finds sex a chore that means the root of the whole problem is because they describe him as nice.

Okaaaaay. :pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 63 ✭✭mygoat

When exactly did I say there was causation between niceness and lack of sex appeal.

The simple point I made was if a woman describes you as nice chances are she doesn't feel those butterflies about you.

You seem happy to put words into my mouth and blatantly make things up, my logic is undeniable.

The problem with correlations is that they are frequently meaningless. To continue with my example: let's say you interview a thousand convicted murderers and every single one of them admits to you they have drank water. Now, you can write a paper about it and tell the world that there is a 100% correlation between drinking water and being a convicted murderer, but... so what? This correlation means nothing, absolutely nothing.

Is there a correlation between women describing men as "nice" and not being attracted to them? Of course. Is there a correlation between women describing men as "not nice" or "bad boy" and not being attracted to them? Of course!

Why are you so hung up on this correlation if you claim you don't think one causes the other? What's your point?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,421 ✭✭✭ToddyDoody

From browsing through the relationships forum I noticed a theme.

It appears to be the casey that the women in there seem to be incapable of feeling "butterflies" with guys who they describe as nice. It is always the cheeky womaniser who gives them the "butterflies".

So my question is thus;

Is a man's sex life doomed if women describe him as nice?

Possibly, but it wouldn't be her fault. The guy himself must come into contact with that red blooded instinct, which may not be in his nature.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 122 ✭✭Jimmy 5F

Some women definitely do go for utter arseholes, probably due to thinking they can change them. Most, from what I've observed, grow out of that though.
    I'd say the majority who go for "bad boys" are drawn in by their "charm" rather than their "badness" - i.e. they think the guy is actually a lovely guy, and it's too late when they find out what he's really like. They're smitten at that stage.

I'm sceptical about this "change them" meme.

Why don't we see women attracted to shy recluses so they can "change them"?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 5,987 ✭✭✭Legs.Eleven

I don´t think anyone gets to see any recluses never mind the women they´re with. Reclusion does that to a person, you see.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,207 ✭✭✭The King of Moo

There are some women like that, but most people usually aren't attracted to shy people. Usually.

But why do you keep going on about what women are or aren't interested in? What's the point? You can't blame someone for what they're attracted to, and you can't really change that, so why think so much about what other people like? Do you want people to change what they're attracted to?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 122 ✭✭Jimmy 5F

There are some women like that, but most people usually aren't attracted to shy people. Usually.

But why do you keep going on about what women are or aren't interested in? What's the point? You can't blame someone for what they're attracted to, and you can't really change that, so why think so much about what other people like? Do you want people to change what they're attracted to?

I've never blamed anyone. No one chooses what they are attracted to.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 91,061 Mod ✭✭✭✭Capt'n Midnight

'nice' is a weak word

sort of inoffensive, nondescript word to use when you CBA. You might as well say 'harmless'

• Registered Users Posts: 1,031 ✭✭✭Daisy78

What about all the wives and girlfriends who see sex as a chore? Maybe if there was the spark it wouldn't be such a chore.

Having read those threads I would (at a wild guess) suggest that the wives/partners are no longer physically attracted to their spouse which accounts for the lack of interest (other factors such as health or financial worries notwithstanding). Without that spark it can become a chore but i gurantee it has nothing to do with being nice. The "spark" can be hard to explain...im sure many women have often felt it with men they would not normally have considered as boyfriend/lover/husband material. But it usually is a mix of attractive looks, charisma, inteligence, humour, kindness and an ability to make her feel good. Its like one of the other posters said women will generally try to be posotive about their interactions with men when it comes to dating and will usually frame the experience in a posotive way. Okay you may not have found him attractive but he was an agreeable friendly guy and you cant discount him on that score. What would you prefer a woman to say.... i found him unattractive and he was dull, rude and had nothing of interest to contribute to our conversation. I know lots of nice guys who also happen to be very easy on the eye, intelligent and absolute gentleman. These guys have been in long term relationships and its because of the afforementioned qualities not because they were "bad" boys.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,906 ✭✭✭✭PhlegmyMoses

I usually just tell them that I'm PhlegmyMoses from boards and tell them how many infractions I have. Frothing at the gash.

Advertisement