Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Jokes by stand-up comedians that have been done to death

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,226 ✭✭✭boobar

Take my wife...no please take her....

That one never gets old.....actually it does.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,180 ✭✭✭EyeSight

anything to do with Michael Jackson being black or a pedophile. not done as much anymore but it got old fast about 10 years ago.
    Also priests being pedophiles.
    those jokes got so old and predictable. Always found them cheap and i still do

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,652 ✭✭✭I am pie

Stevie Wonder blind gags. "have you seen Stevie Wonder's new blah de blah"

Instant hanging offence.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,793 ✭✭✭Sir Osis of Liver.

Oh yeah,and that desperately unfunny Kielty fella with his Low Fat IRA "joke".

• Registered Users Posts: 133 ✭✭lost in cork

I gave Stevie Wonder a cheese grater for Xmas he said it was the most violent book he had ever read

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 5,825 ✭✭✭Timmyctc

AnonoBoy wrote: »
    As opposed to all the Irish comedians who base their comedy around being from Ireland?

"IT'S MAD CAUSE IT'S IN IRELAND!!! WE'RE IRISH, SURE WE'RE MAD. THEY DON'T DO MAD THINGS LIKE US IN EUROPE, BUT WE DO CAUSE WE'RE MAD, CAUSE WE'RE IRISH!" etc. etc.

Do we really have that many? Thought it was just Tiernan and Bishop and both of them are effectively done as comedians in the eyes of the most.

Kielty used to base his entire gig around the 'RA and NI but recently his stuff has been funnier and less NI-centric.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,625 ✭✭✭Sofaspud

Panthro wrote: »
    Des Bishop and his routine.

FYP

He's been living in Ireland for at least 23 years now, you'd think he'd have gotten used to the differences between Ireland and America.

• Registered Users Posts: 12 Nelson Mandela

Most comedians routines can be summed up in one sentence

John Bishop - I've got a Liverpool accent.
    Peter Kay - Who remembers stuff from 1986?
    Tommy Tiernan - I'm from Navan and I used to go to mass.
    Michael McIntyre - I went to a dinner party last night, then had awkward sex with my wife.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,249 ✭✭✭Bears and Vodka

Dara O'Briain and the Bible. But in fairness to him he makes up new stuff about the Bible quite often so eh fair play to him I guess.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,547 ✭✭✭Agricola

Karl Spain was in two gigs I saw in Kilkenny in consecutive years. In both he did the "If you don't know who the fúcking egit is in your group of friends, you're the fúcking egit!" routine.

And no, I didnt get a refund!

Apart from that hes a sound fella and a great commentator of bad football.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,621 ✭✭✭TheBody

Bashing the church routines. Done to death.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 35,514 ✭✭✭✭efb

Agricola wrote: »
    Karl Spain was in two gigs I saw in Kilkenny in consecutive years. In both he did the "If you don't know who the fúcking egit is in your group of friends, you're the fúcking egit!" routine.

And no, I didnt get a refund!

Apart from that hes a sound fella and a great commentator of bad football.

You went to a Karl Spain gig???? Twice????

• Registered Users Posts: 1,681 ✭✭✭Standman

Sofaspud wrote: »
    FYP

He's been living in Ireland for at least 23 years now, you'd think he'd have gotten used to the differences between Ireland and America.

Plenty of Irish people love to hear how 'mad' we are compared to those from other countries. Des Bishop taps right into that.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,547 ✭✭✭Agricola

efb wrote: »
    You went to a Karl Spain gig???? Twice????

He was one of the four comics who was doing the gig, both years. Had to put up with him to see someone else!

Eddie Murphy's homophobic jokes.

efb wrote: »
    Eddie Murphy's homophobic jokes.

Especially coming from someone who was caught picking up a tranny brasser

Especially coming from someone who was caught picking up a tranny brasser

Methinks the lady doth protest to much...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,559 ✭✭✭✭AnonoBoy

Timmyctc wrote: »
    Do we really have that many? Thought it was just Tiernan and Bishop and both of them are effectively done as comedians in the eyes of the most.

Frequent a few comedy clubs around Dublin and you'll see a lot of the mad Irish stuff being trotted out. Sometimes it's done well, a lot of the time it's lazy and boring.

Dara O'Briain and the Bible. But in fairness to him he makes up new stuff about the Bible quite often so eh fair play to him I guess.

Never heard O'Briain do anything on the Bible and I've seen him live about 5 times.

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 10,484 Mod ✭✭✭✭artanevilla

Dara O'Briain. "funny statement eeeeehhhhhhhhhhhhhh"

• Registered Users Posts: 5,733 ✭✭✭Duckworth_Luas

Female comedians who base their entire routine around their mothers!

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 26,402 Mod ✭✭✭✭Peregrine

Seen Andrew Maxwell say the same joke about some monkey escaping from Dublin zoo twice. It wasn't funny the first time and it still wasn't funny the second time. It was like an article you'd read in thejournal.

Michael McIntyre's jokes about his kids.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,559 ✭✭✭✭AnonoBoy

Nimrod 7 wrote: »
    Seen Andrew Maxwell say the same joke about some monkey escaping from Dublin zoo twice.

He told the same joke twice????

SOMEBODY CALL THE COMEDY POLICE!!! :mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,657 ✭✭✭somefeen

Frankie Boyle is the least funny comedian ever.
    Worse than that down syndrome guy on Brittains got talent

somefeen wrote: »

+1

Yes Frankie, we get it, your vulgar, you don't respect other cultures or races or disabled people and your Scottish.. Your not shocking anyone its just tedious and not funny

• Registered Users Posts: 10,799 ✭✭✭✭DrumSteve

+1

Yes Frankie, we get it, your vulgar, you don't respect other cultures or races or disabled people and your Scottish.. Your not shocking anyone its just tedious and not funny

Actually he's pretty funny.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,080 ✭✭✭EoghanIRL

somefeen wrote: »

I must say that Catherine lynch is less funnier . Her jokes are terrible and the gay side kick is just a joke .

• Registered Users Posts: 4,080 ✭✭✭EoghanIRL

DrumSteve wrote: »
    Actually he's pretty funny.

Mock the week isn't good without him either.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,443 ✭✭✭Bipolar Joe

EoghanIRL wrote: »
    Mock the week isn't good at all, ever.

FYP.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,113 ✭✭✭shruikan2553

AnonoBoy wrote: »
    As opposed to all the Irish comedians who base their comedy around being from Ireland?

"IT'S MAD CAUSE IT'S IN IRELAND!!! WE'RE IRISH, SURE WE'RE MAD. THEY DON'T DO MAD THINGS LIKE US IN EUROPE, BUT WE DO CAUSE WE'RE MAD, CAUSE WE'RE IRISH!" etc. etc.

I read that and I could hear Tommy Tiernan saying it

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 996 ✭✭✭HansHolzel

It's Labour's way or Frankfurt's way.

Advertisement