Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Youths attack Emergency Services trying to save their drowning friend

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,398 ✭✭✭dublinman1990

May the poor guy who had drowned yesterday Rest In Peace.

It is a disturbing attack in which there is no justice.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,298 ✭✭✭Duggys Housemate

These threads veer off into idiocy on both sides. Basically we don't need people dropped from planes, but if you stop an emergency service from saving someone, and it can be proven the delay caused the decease then you get arrested for some kind of homicide charge. Imagine this scenario.

Bob wants to kill his wife.
    Bob is too chicken to kill his wife but an actual accident occurs where she sets fire to the house.
    Bob sees his chance and stops the emergency services from accessing the building.

Should Bob be jailed for two counts - one of attacks on public officials, the other of some form of homocide even though he did not set the fire? I say yes.

Same here.

How come we always say things are getting worse and there's gonna be a total breakdown in society. How is whats happening now far worse than what went before...Catholic vs Protestant violence for centuries/the Famine/War of Independance/Civil War/threat of Nazi Germany invading/bombings and shootings nearly every week in the 70's and 80's? People rioting at Slane in '84 and everyone said the country was going to the dogs? The sh!t times in the 80's that make the current recession look like a minor hiccup? Hell, I recall reading an article that bus drivers were afraid to drive to the northside of Cork city for fear of scumbags in 1947!

Sure we had the RCC to keep everyone in line morally until recently, but obviously that didn't end well.:(

On the other hand - see Mexico.

• Registered Users Posts: 756 ✭✭✭Laneyh

pmcmahon wrote: »
    Emergency service personnel should be allowed carry tazers.

Perhaps, but to practically apply this they would need to increase the response team size.
    2 on rescue duty, 2 on tazer duty , 2 on clean up on tazered individuals duty

Despite their better judgement I believe most emergency service crew will prioritise the wellbeing of the rescuee and ignore their own safety.

It really is a ridiculous state of affairs

• Registered Users Posts: 756 ✭✭✭Laneyh

As all involved are members of a class of people which consider themselves an ethnic minority I can say I am not at all shocked or surprised by any of this.

Corkonians?

• Advertisement

Laneyh wrote: »
    Corkonians?

Well they intermarry, and have their own argot.

So, yeah...

• Registered Users Posts: 353 ✭✭yizorselves

Bannasidhe wrote: »
    No.

Given that you thanked a post which suggested it would be a good idea to have a fascist regime which drops people out of airplanes, I think my outrage has increased.

Do you count advocating fascist views and State murder as 'contributing to Irish society'? I certainly don't. Quite the opposite.

These people were stupid, drunken scum - their ethnic background is not relevant unless one is trying to make a particular point. A point that ignores that so-called good, middle class families produce their share of drunken scum too.

God, if you love them so much go live with them!

Your new age over the top PC boolsheet is rather laughable

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 862 ✭✭✭Grand Moff Tarkin

No.

Given that you thanked a post which suggested it would be a good idea to have a fascist regime which drops people out of airplanes, I think my outrage has increased.

Do you count advocating fascist views and State murder as 'contributing to Irish society'? I certainly don't. Quite the opposite.

These people were stupid, drunken scum - their ethnic background is not relevant unless one is trying to make a particular point. A point that ignores that so-called good, middle class families produce their share of drunken scum too.
    Background has everything to do with it in this case mate. If you or I started to act like that we would be up before a court of law within days but people like that know they can act the maggot because the rules that every normal law abiding citizen of the state obey do not seem to apply to them. People like that contribute nothing to society and the word tax means nothing to them along with doing an honest days work, Of course if anyone makes an attempt to pull them up on this issue the old culture card is played. Try and live your life with people like that down the road from you and tell me you still feel the same as you do now in a year time.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 19,219 Mod ✭✭✭✭Bannasidhe

Background has everything to do with it in this case mate. If you or I started to act like that we would be up before a court of law within days but people like that know they can act the maggot because the rules that every normal law abiding citizen of the state obey do not seem to apply to them. People like that contribute nothing to society and the word tax means nothing to them along with doing an honest days work, Of course if anyone makes an attempt to pull them up on this issue the old culture card is played. Try and live your life with people like that down the road from you and tell me you still feel the same as you do now in a year time.

Mate?

I don't think so.

Given that you have no idea what I do or where I live - how do you know I don't live near 'these' people.

Law abiding citizens eh? So you have never ever broken a law? Never used the phone while driving? Never broke the speed limit? Always tax your car on time? Always have a valid TV licence and licence any dogs you have? Never dropped litter on the street? I imagine this must be so as otherwise you wouldn't be able to post here from the prison you would have been slung into due to not being 'one of those people'.

You must also have never visited Temple Bar if you think there are no not 'those people' drunken scum about.

You have issues with your neighbours and are using this awful incident to vent your bile. A young man is dead ffs - is he one of those you would like to see dropped out of an airplane?

God, if you love them so much go live with them!

Your new age over the top PC boolsheet is rather laughable

Did it take you all day to come with that or did you have help?

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,713 ✭✭✭eireannBEAR

these people have been isolated by society and bad parenting,if this kind of problem has any hope of being fixed we need to give these youths some kind of incentives ie decent employment and education....we need government run factories etc that are not reliant on profits but just need to cover costs.

this is societies fault!

BTW it does not excuse attacking ambulances and genuine services like fire,and coast guard.

the gardai can power trip and earn a reputation but these services are true heros!

• Registered Users Posts: 51,652 ✭✭✭✭tayto lover

these people have been isolated by society and bad parenting,if this kind of problem has any hope of being fixed we need to give these youths some kind of incentives ie decent employment and education....we need government run factories etc that are not reliant on profits but just need to cover costs.

this is societies fault!

BTW it does not excuse attacking ambulances and genuine services like fire,and coast guard.

the gardai can power trip and earn a reputation but these services are true heros!

Jobs and education make little difference to many of these people.
    Education was wasted on this lot -

http://www.limerickleader.ie/news/leader-local/dog-lured-to-its-death-by-university-of-limerick-students-in-drunken-game-1-5146594

http://www.limerickleader.ie/news/leader-local/dog-lured-to-its-death-by-university-of-limerick-students-in-drunken-game-1-5146594

PIGS!! if that was my dog i would find them i promise you that.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,605 ✭✭✭gctest50

http://www.limerickleader.ie/news/leader-local/idiot-lets-4-month-old-pup-out-alone-on-road

They have a thread for that

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2056962786

• Registered Users Posts: 8,565 ✭✭✭K.Flyer

this is societies fault!

They have created their own "isolation" by their own behaviour, just this time they went too far and one of their own dies because of their own stupid actions.
    Everyone knows the difference between good and bad behaviour, and everyone makes their own choices in how to act and behave. Act like a Cnut, be prepared to be treated as one.
    Using unemployment as a reason for this carry on is Bo77ox as there are thousands more people who are unemployed and they don't attack emergency services or behave like this.
    It is not societies fault, it is the individual, the person who acts and behaves in this manner time and time again, they make the choice.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 286 ✭✭cfc.forever

These people have showed that they have no care for other people for society and should be in prison.. they don't deserve to be walking around the streets. This has showed the lack of sympathy people have and there mind causes them to do stupid things. I think the problem is un-educated thugs, what a poor guy and I'd think people will show respect for people in the field of duty. Grow up like.. don't act like fools all your life :o

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,628 ✭✭✭Femme_Fatale

this is societies fault!
    It is not "society's fault". Society is you and me - it ain't my fault. I agree they may have had sh1t upbringings and were never instilled with boundaries and the value of education, but plenty of people who have had sh1t upbringings don't behave in this manner. There is still personal accountability.

It is not "society's fault". Society is you and me - it ain't my fault. I agree they may have had sh1t upbringings and were never instilled with boundaries and the value of education, but plenty of people who have had sh1t upbringings don't behave in this manner. There is still personal accountability.

society is you and i but also them,so how do you suggest we resolve these situations? pointless rhetoric such as your and k-flyers above post wont resolve it,if anything it will agitate society issues.

Mate?

I don't think so.

Given that you have no idea what I do or where I live - how do you know I don't live near 'these' people.

Law abiding citizens eh? So you have never ever broken a law? Never used the phone while driving? Never broke the speed limit? Always tax your car on time? Always have a valid TV licence and licence any dogs you have? Never dropped litter on the street? I imagine this must be so as otherwise you wouldn't be able to post here from the prison you would have been slung into due to not being 'one of those people'.

You must also have never visited Temple Bar if you think there are no not 'those people' drunken scum about.

You have issues with your neighbours and are using this awful incident to vent your bile. A young man is dead ffs - is he one of those you would like to see dropped out of an airplane?
    You need to come down off that high horse mate and realise that certain elements of society are always up to no good and can never amount to anything.

As for the questions you asked me about taxing my car to dropping litter the answer is no I have never broken the law in any of the ways you describe for the simple reason I was raised right by my parents and taught right from wrong at an early age which has stood to me in my adult life.

It seems that you are the person with the issues mate with law abiding citizens who bring up the issue of what to do with scum who cause hassle for the brave people who work in our under funded and under staffed emergency services.

You need to come down off that high horse mate and realise that certain elements of society are always up to no good and can never amount to anything.

As for the questions you asked me about taxing my car to dropping litter the answer is no I have never broken the law in any of the ways you describe for the simple reason I was raised right by my parents and taught right from wrong at an early age which has stood to me in my adult life.

It seems that you are the person with the issues mate with law abiding citizens who bring up the issue of what to do with scum who cause hassle for the brave people who work in our under funded and under staffed emergency services.

You are no mate of mine mate.

You must be the only person on this whole island who has never, ever, broken even a single law - mate. Talk about being on a high horse.
    Although I am pretty sure you have infringed our anti-discrimination laws with your advocating dropping people of a specific minority out of airplanes so perhaps that isn't a horse you are astride but a jackass.

I made no comment as to what I think should be done to people who attack the emergency services. I commented on you trying to pin every instance of this kind of loutish beheavour on a single minority and use the tragic death of a young man to spout hateful rubbish. So much for 'being brought up right.'

• Advertisement

You are no mate of mine mate.

You must be the only person on this whole island who has never, ever, broken even a single law - mate. Talk about being on a high horse.
    Although I am pretty sure you have infringed our anti-discrimination laws with your advocating dropping people of a specific minority out of airplanes so perhaps that isn't a horse you are astride but a jackass.

I made no comment as to what I think should be done to people who attack the emergency services. I commented on you trying to pin every instance of this kind of loutish beheavour on a single minority and use the tragic death of a young man to spout hateful rubbish. So much for 'being brought up right.'
    You need to calm down kid as you are getting worked up over members of an element of this society who would only look at you for what they could take from you.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,829 ✭✭✭Nemeses

^^ Bit of hostility here, Chill!

Otherwise, we are all pretty much as bad as each other..

Nemeses wrote: »
    ^^ Bit of hostility here, Chill!

Otherwise, we are all pretty much as bad as each other..
    The lad I am replying to is the one getting all hostile with me trying to defend an element of scummy behaviour.

• Registered Users Posts: 353 ✭✭yizorselves

Did it take you all day to come with that or did you have help?

What exact part do you think would require all day to come up with?

Oh I get it you're outraged but trying to pass it off and be smug.

Very unoriginal and quite boring to be honest.

The lad I am replying to is the one getting all hostile with me trying to defend an element of scummy behaviour.
    What exact part do you think would require all day to come up with?

Oh I get it you're outraged but trying to pass it off and be smug.

Very unoriginal and quite boring to be honest.

Lad? :eek:

Oh dear. You are so incredibly wrong it's funny.

What is boring is once again the pitchforks come out and the rabble rabble 'let's get those people' brigade start with the same BS as if they ad their buddies have never ever done anything wrong and all the ills in our country can be laid at the feet of one particular section of society.

That is what is unoriginal and boring and adds exactly nothing to the debate.

Nor do the passive-aggressive responses when you get called on it.
    'Durrrr - they'll take yurr stuff dude'. Funny that, as I have an awful lot of stuff and 'they' haven't taken any of it - middle class men in suits are the ones intent on doing that.

What is boring is once again the pitchforks come out and the rabble rabble 'let's get those people' brigade start with the same BS as if they ad their buddies have never ever done anything wrong and all the ills in our country can be laid at the feet of one particular section of society.

'Durrrr - they'll take yurr stuff dude'. Funny that, as I have an awful lot of stuff and 'they' haven't taken any of it - middle class men in suits are the ones intent on doing that.

Yeah, thats strange because i work with middle class people and its terribly safe. Or do you mean "the rich" or "rich bankers" - not that that is necessarily true either.

Your arguments are rubbish - sheer moral relativism, asinine accusations of criminality across all of society, generalized ad hominem attacks ( you are all criminals).

You fail at the Internet and trying to make your case.

You fail at the Internet and trying to make your case.

Hahahahahaha.

Don't forget to iron your blue shirt when you go rabble rousing. It;s important to create the right impression. Mate.

Yeah, thats strange because i work with middle class people and its terribly safe. Or do you mean "the rich" or "rich bankers" - not that that is necessarily true either.

Your arguments are rubbish - sheer moral relativism, asinine accusations of criminality across all of society, generalized ad hominem attacks ( you are all criminals).

Indeed.

That's why there are no middle class people in prison. Not one. No young man from a 'good' family has ever gotten drunk and caused a public disturbance. Not even during a university rag week...

*waits for next thread about 'white collar crime' when the usual suspects will be brandishing pitchforks and complaining that the 'middle class' get off scot free.*

Good for you working with middle class people - so do I. In fact, I am one. What's your point? Have I broken the law at some point? Well those two penalty points I used to have say I did. But doesn't that count as I am not 'those people.'

From where I stand it's those who are quick to tar a whole minority with the same brush and will use the death of a young man to spread hate who are 'those people' we should be concerned about.

Jeeze - right wingers are so sensitive. Even the slightest little criticism and ye get all worked up. Don't like being called on your BS generalisations I suppose... Tough.

If you believe I have ad hom'd - report me.

• Advertisement

Hahahahahaha.

Don't forget to iron your blue shirt when you go rabble rousing. It;s important to create the right impression. Mate.
    Blueshirt?

Way wrong with that assumption mate. You did not like it because some home truths have been exposed to you and you really need to get a grip young fella.

Advertisement