Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Youths attack Emergency Services trying to save their drowning friend

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,379 ✭✭✭CarrickMcJoe

Another scumbag thread but this one is the worst so far
    What the fcuk is wrong with these little sh!ts now days
    Up the mountains in back of a transit and break their legs and they can crawl home

Please, no, they will only start forest fires then!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,184 ✭✭✭marshbaboon

Darwin: 1. Scumbags: 0.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,381 ✭✭✭✭Allyall

Apparently it kicked off again in the Hospital.

Read that earlier in one of the rags, but that was before they published that it was emergency workers that were under attack. They made it sound like a fight at the scene, carried on to the Hospital.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,299 ✭✭✭spiralism

Nimrod 7 wrote: »
    Mandatory military service.

Round up anyone who was convicted for crimes like this. Create a second army called the "Scumbag regiment" and make them join or be jailed for life. Send them all to do peacekeeping abroad. If they do well, good, if they die, good.

Maybe it's a bit extreme but I read stories like this everyday and I'm just filled with pure hatred for anyone who does ****e like this.

I wouldnt arm that element of society in a million years tbh, not to be trusted.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,065 ✭✭✭crazygeryy

this is happening all the time.there should be ZERO tolerance. right lads they are throwing bottles at us,round them up and jail them.
    same with drunk **** in a & e.if someone kicks off in a&e just throw them out don't even argue with them and especially don't treat them.or worse case scenario,needle in the arse when they are not looking and sedate the *****.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,010 ✭✭✭ringadingding

I'd class myself as a reasoned person who can see both sides of most arguments. Not that I would agree, just I can see how the situation might arise.

I can see how a lot of trouble makers can get caught up in doing wrong stuff, drugs, stealing, robbing etc, its usually for some type of gain, be it money, drugs, possessions, 'respect' of peers.

You're fûcked if I can see any side of the argument / reasoning of attacking emergency services.....
    It's one of the few things I can't get my head around

• Registered Users Posts: 10,381 ✭✭✭✭Allyall

You're fûcked if I can see any side of the argument / reasoning of attacking emergency services.....
    It's one of the few things I can't get my head around

Who? Me? :eek:

I hope you can't.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,630 ✭✭✭✭thebaz

IM0 wrote: »
    some people dont panic when they hear stuff just get on with it. but really no one knows

all that can be said is an incident happened and someone died

someones dies while partying , and you just get on with it - not it my book , if that is how people party nowadays - its just beyond sad

• Registered Users Posts: 466 ✭✭cd07

Dunno if any of you heard that doctor on the ray darcy show today but he reckons society as it is is going to go bust soon and its **** like this that makes it seem very likely. What kind of ****ing vermin attack emergency crews anyway regardless of whether they knew what they were doing or not? ****ing animals

• Registered Users Posts: 12,802 ✭✭✭✭mfceiling

I pray for the day that one of these c*nts who attack the emergency services have to watch their house burn down as their mates stop the fire brigade from doing their job.

Or that they get knocked down and an ambulance can't get near them because of a crowd of pricks.

If you attack the people who are saving lives on a daily basis then your life is of no value to anyone.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 135 ✭✭DeKing

It was defeated because it was insanely far-reaching and ambiguous in nature. It made no distinction between crews responding to emergency calls, and those (Gardai mainly) who would be on duty during volatile situations such as protests etc. Essentially, if that bill was passed as it was, it would have meant that Gardai could hypothetically baton-charge a crowd; however peaceful it was, and that anyone who reacted to it would have been flung in jail for 5 years regardless of circumstances.

Yes i can see that. Maybe amending it to leave out the Gardai, I still maintain that something like a 5 years mandatory jail sentence should be introduced to protect other emergency service workers such as firemen, paramedics, rescue crews, ER workers etc because **** knows these people deal with enough stress as it is on the job without having to defend themselves from these yobs.

• Registered Users Posts: 613 ✭✭✭Darius.Tr

DeKing wrote: »
    Yes i can see that. Maybe amending it to leave out the Gardai, I still maintain that something like a 5 years mandatory jail sentence should be introduced to protect other emergency service workers such as firemen, paramedics, rescue crews, ER workers etc because **** knows these people deal with enough stress as it is on the job without having to defend themselves from these yobs.
    Jails would soon be overcrowded, as these attacks seem to happen quite a lot nowadays:)
    But I see your point, something has to be done so this doesn't happen anymore.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,524 ✭✭✭✭kippy

Darius.Tr wrote: »
    Jails would soon be overcrowded, as these attacks seem to happen quite a lot nowadays:)
    But I see your point, something has to be done so this doesn't happen anymore.

The reason the happen quite a lot is because there is no disencentive to behave like this......be it legal, peer pressure or shame.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,739 ✭✭✭✭minidazzler

Round up anyone who was convicted for crimes like this. Create a second army called the "Scumbag regiment" and make them join or be jailed for life. Send them all to do peacekeeping abroad. If they do well, good, if they die, good.

Maybe it's a bit extreme but I read stories like this everyday and I'm just filled with pure hatred for anyone who does ****e like this.

That's not extreme, it's fcuking retarded. We are all dumber from having read it.

That said, I honestly hope the Gardai arrest everyone involved in the attack and they all get proper convictions, regardless of "first" offence.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,070 ✭✭✭Birroc

cd07 wrote: »
    Dunno if any of you heard that doctor on the ray darcy show today but he reckons society as it is is going to go bust soon and its **** like this that makes it seem very likely. What kind of ****ing vermin attack emergency crews anyway regardless of whether they knew what they were doing or not? ****ing animals

Define "bust".

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,070 ✭✭✭Birroc

mfceiling wrote: »
    I pray for the day that one of these c*nts who attack the emergency services have to watch their house burn down as their mates stop the fire brigade from doing their job.

Ah the advantages of religion...Is there a specific Saint that looks after this wish?

• Registered Users Posts: 25,068 ✭✭✭✭My name is URL

Birroc wrote: »
    Ah the advantages of religion...Is there a specific Saint that looks after this wish?

Way to focus on the important issues here :pac:

It's a figure of speech ffs!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 655 ✭✭✭HurtLocker

Yah! More unnecessary religion bashing in AH!

• Registered Users Posts: 613 ✭✭✭Darius.Tr

If you listen to this, you'll know there's a god for everything :)

• Registered Users Posts: 5,673 ✭✭✭AudreyHepburn

It's amazes me that some posters seem to be justifying what happened, or excusing it, by saying 'ah sure they were probably drunk' or that we may not be hearing what really happened or that it was the gardai that were attacked rather than the ambulance personnel as if that makes a difference.

There is no excuses for acting like animals especially in such tragic circumstances.

These youths are in large part to blame for their 'friend's' death....he might have been saved if they hadn't been acting like thugs and distracting the emergency services on the scene.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,073 ✭✭✭gobnaitolunacy

Looks to me like the crowd attacked emergency services out of drink-fuelled frustration at what they perceived as their late arrival.
    If they thought it was the cops arriving for a bust, that wouldn't explain the slaps at the hospital.

Any 'normal' crowd would sober the fcuk up and wait for help to come.

If they didn't go drinking and gowling around in the water afterwards he'd be still alive. Seems to be fcukwittery around water every dry spell we get.

• Registered Users Posts: 683 ✭✭✭JazzyJ

Define "bust".

Rather than bust, I'm guessing a less liberal and much more conservative one.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,524 ✭✭✭✭kippy

It's amazes me that some posters seem to be justifying what happened, or excusing it, by saying 'ah sure they were probably drunk' or that we may not be hearing what really happened or that it was the gardai that were attacked rather than the ambulance personnel as if that makes a difference.

There is no excuses for acting like animals especially in such tragic circumstances.

These youths are in large part to blame for their 'friend's' death....he might have been saved if they hadn't been acting like thugs and distracting the emergency services on the scene.

That's another part of the issue in this country. We accept drunkenness as an excuse for inappropriate and sometimes worse behavior way to easily. It's not an excuse.

• Registered Users Posts: 99 ✭✭MsStroggatrix

Shocking.

Forced/mandatory military service is against the constitution so that probably wouldn't work.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,944 ✭✭✭✭Links234

you could garrison them somewhere very very cold, and call it "The Night's Watch"

:pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,113 ✭✭✭shruikan2553

Links234 wrote: »
    you could garrison them somewhere very very cold, and call it "The Night's Watch"

Could build a wall around the border and have them fight off the northerners

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,978 ✭✭✭✭mike65

Just allow them to fight each other, that'll do. The last man standing will be set free.

/hang on sounds familiar!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,919 ✭✭✭✭Gummy Panda

Links234 wrote: »

Yeah but they'll just get tempted by dirty redheads

• Registered Users Posts: 10,969 ✭✭✭✭alchemist33

Bit harsh on Somalia/Syria/wherever they end up, no? ;)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,443 ✭✭✭Bipolar Joe

No one is doing that so shut up and stop saying stupid and inflammatory things.

Advertisement