Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

LUXOBARGE (sub5k) of the week/day

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,380 ✭✭✭daRobot

That's cheaper than what they sell for privately :confused:

Yeah for a car that will likely have a 1 year warranty, it's really not a bad price at all.

Pity about the boot size. But really think for me at least, the extra tax on the LS460 at half the price is a better way to go.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,701 ✭✭✭Midnight_EG

daRobot wrote: »
    Yeah for a car that will likely have a 1 year warranty, it's really not a bad price at all.

Pity about the boot size. But really think for me at least, the extra tax on the LS460 at half the price is a better way to go.

That's exactly why I have the 460 instead of the 600...boot space is very handy and obviously tax it for 3 years by the time you buy a 600 instead

• Registered Users Posts: 37,295 ✭✭✭✭the_syco

traco wrote: »
    Showing her age a little but could be a nice honest Jag XJ Executive with the 3.2 V8. Sub 3k

https://www.donedeal.ie/cars-for-sale/jaguar-xj-executive/27269390
    Third owner, and NCT is up in March.
    NCT Due Date : 21/03/2021
    So am guessing it was either put through an NCT and was backdated, or it was put through a year ago and
    "Been in dry storage for two years"
    because there's something costly that will need repairing if you intend to drive it often?

I dislike dealers that call themselves a "private seller" to avoid having to give any warranty.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,886 ✭✭✭Rows Grower

the_syco wrote: »
    Third owner, and NCT is up in March.
    NCT Due Date : 21/03/2021
    So am guessing it was either put through an NCT and was backdated, or it was put through a year ago and
    "Been in dry storage for two years"
    because there's something costly that will need repairing if you intend to drive it often?

I dislike dealers that call themselves a "private seller" to avoid having to give any warranty.

I didn't cop he was a dealer until I read your post, tbh it's a car I wouldn't give a second thought too even if it was in the Bangernomics thread. It's neither here nor there.

Looking at the rest of your man's stock that he has up for sale doesn't exactly inspire confidence either to put it mildly. Looks like a selection of trade ins that would be bought in bulk for peanuts.

"Very soon we are going to Mars. You wouldn't have been going to Mars if my opponent won, that I can tell you. You wouldn't even be thinking about it."

Donald Trump, March 13th 2018.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,069 ✭✭✭✭fryup

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,985 ✭✭✭aFlabbyPanda

I drove an auto one of them for a few weeks as a loaner from a garage. It was awful to drive.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,419 ✭✭✭KevRossi

We've reached a new nadir when a Peugeot 3008 is touted as a Luxobarge. :confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 18,069 ✭✭✭✭fryup

looks nice to my eyes

• Registered Users Posts: 6,854 ✭✭✭zuutroy

Has anyone posted this before?: https://deanemotors.ie/product/bmw-e32-750il/

I'm finding it very difficult to not throw caution to the wind on it! Like is there any sense in updating a 5 series instead of just buying this?! I suppose the 12 mpg might be the only reason.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,451 ✭✭✭CharlieCroker

zuutroy wrote: »

I'm finding it very difficult to not throw caution to the wind on it! Like is there any sense in updating a 5 series instead of just buying this?! I suppose the 12 mpg might be the only reason.

I'm shocked to say, that seems like decent value

• Advertisement

Looks decent value if its Irish and NCT'd. You'll save money long term over the 5-series when all costs are factored in. Might possibly sell it at a profit. Repairs are handy enough for a 'traditional' mechanic. You might not be able to afford to run a 12 cylinder in a few years time, so I'd bite if I was you.
    zuutroy wrote: »

You'll get around 12-14l/100 km with a light foot (19-22 mpg) on an open road

15-17//100 km with normal driving to pushing it on a bit (16-18 mpg)

Hammer it and you'll go as low as 22 l/100km or 13 mpg.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,560 ✭✭✭Buddy Bubs

Striped floor mats in that are lovely. Be tempted to get a set for my car, but they'd need to be black/grey or black/silver

Buddy Bubs wrote: »
    Striped floor mats in that are lovely. Be tempted to get a set for my car, but they'd need to be black/grey or black/silver

I think that's just the way you hoover/brush it.

KevRossi wrote: »
    I think that's just the way you hoover/brush it.

Ha, just Googled them and saw the trick to get them striped, may just be solid mats. They're very distinctive in that car.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,048 ✭✭✭Truckermal

fryup wrote: »
    looks nice to my eyes

You need a good kick up the Hole...

• Registered Users Posts: 24,647 ✭✭✭✭punisher5112

Seriously????? Luxobardge??????

It ain't one and far from ever been one....

Go look up the meaning, it's the like of jags, 7series, S class mercs etc etc....

The pug c7 may fall into the category sometimes but very scarce and tend to be trouble.....

• Registered Users Posts: 23,694 ✭✭✭✭L-M

Buddy Bubs wrote: »

I’m sorry but I properly LOL’d at that!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,912 ✭✭✭I Was VB

That car is the epitome of what a luxobarge isn’t, at the very least a luxobarge should be a automatic and have leather seats.

L-M wrote: »
    I’m sorry but I properly LOL’d at that!

Ha, no bother. Hadnt seen it before

More barge less chat!

S350, NCT 08/21, €2,950 . Comes with 3 months tax worth about €450. From a dealer so should be a warranty on it. Decent tyre brand on it gives some hope. Prices for good ones of these are bottoming out IMO.

https://www.donedeal.ie/vintagecars-for-sale/mercedes-s350-nct-amp-tax-p-ex-possible-/27222877?campaign=3

MTk4NGIwOWFhNWYxZTFlYWMwMGI2Njg0ODY3ZTkwNWJCRv7c1V4b3nrOUXWH1jUpaHR0cDovL3MzLWV1LXdlc3QtMS5hbWF6b25hd3MuY29tL2RvbmVkZWFsLmllLXBob3Rvcy9waG90b18xNzA4MzgzMTN8fHwxMjAweDEyMDB8fHx8fHx8fA==.jpeg

ZmI0ZjRlYzA1YTNjZjM0YTk1YTdmOTJkYzQ4ZjA4OTbB257Y0BH-q-6BYeh8tUucaHR0cDovL3MzLWV1LXdlc3QtMS5hbWF6b25hd3MuY29tL2RvbmVkZWFsLmllLXBob3Rvcy9waG90b18xNzA4MjQzMDR8fHwxMjAweDEyMDB8fHx8fHx8fA==.jpeg

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,701 ✭✭✭Midnight_EG

I realise the irony due to my own barge... But why did every single person in Ireland that bought a barge from 2005-2011 choose either silver, navy or black :confused:

I realise the irony due to my own barge... But why did every single person in Ireland that bought a barge from 2005-2011 choose either silver, navy or black :confused:

Don't think many of them were offered in too many other colours to be fair. Black and silver do suit them. You wouldn't find the range of colors on a Clio or a Qashqai on them.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,912 ✭✭✭I Was VB

I remember the father had a W140 in almandine red, I loved the car for its colour alone.

• Registered Users Posts: 26,282 ✭✭✭✭Eric Cartman

I personally wouldn't buy a barge outside of a darker blue or black, black being the absolute preference. I think its the right colour for a chauffeur/ diplomatic / presidential grade vehicle.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,694 ✭✭✭✭L-M

I sold Land Rover from 07-10 and the “palette” of colours available were literally black, versions of black, dark green, silver and maybe a metallic red.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,074 ✭✭✭✭Duke O Smiley

I personally wouldn't buy a barge outside of a darker blue or black, black being the absolute preference. I think its the right colour for a chauffeur/ diplomatic / presidential grade vehicle.

I agree, black or dark/navy blue really is the best colour for any barge.

That said, one of my old 7 series' was a former diplomatic car and came in this lovely light blue. Not sure what its called, but I thought it looked very classy.

46534864714_47a9560212_c.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 12,074 ✭✭✭✭Duke O Smiley

https://www.donedeal.ie/cars-for-sale/bmw-760li-ultra-low-mileage/27309154

NDdhMGRjZWZhMTBmOWY4NDNlYTE5NGM4MzNjNjQwMDD1susoRCbXb30JWF-8yJUWaHR0cDovL3MzLWV1LXdlc3QtMS5hbWF6b25hd3MuY29tL2RvbmVkZWFsLmllLXBob3Rvcy9waG90b18xNzE4OTU2ODJ8fHw2MDB4NjAwfHx8fHx8fHw=.jpeg

Irish reg 760Li, tiny miles, jap import, €20k

Cool car. Would be nice to know exactly what options it has and what's missing. Ventilated seats are the first thing I see missing, and night vision.

• Registered Users Posts: 26,282 ✭✭✭✭Eric Cartman

https://www.donedeal.ie/cars-for-sale/bmw-760li-ultra-low-mileage/27309154

NDdhMGRjZWZhMTBmOWY4NDNlYTE5NGM4MzNjNjQwMDD1susoRCbXb30JWF-8yJUWaHR0cDovL3MzLWV1LXdlc3QtMS5hbWF6b25hd3MuY29tL2RvbmVkZWFsLmllLXBob3Rvcy9waG90b18xNzE4OTU2ODJ8fHw2MDB4NjAwfHx8fHx8fHw=.jpeg

Irish reg 760Li, tiny miles, jap import, €20k

Cool car. Would be nice to know exactly what options it has and what's missing. Ventilated seats are the first thing I see missing, and night vision.

was probably built for southern Japan, has extended rear aircon but not heating, wouldn't be shocked if it lacked heated seats too, but it has radar cruise and almost everything else, the rear view mirror also has the extra indicators which I believe flash up when you go through a toll bridge etc.. there.

• Registered Users Posts: 699 ✭✭✭landmarkjohn

I'd pay just to stand beside that 760 and listen to it:o:D that V12 fills the engine bay nicely.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,886 ✭✭✭Rows Grower

I'd pay just to stand beside that 760 and listen to it:o:D that V12 fills the engine bay nicely.

PM your postcode there John and I'm sure we'll be able to work out a reasonable long term rate.

"Very soon we are going to Mars. You wouldn't have been going to Mars if my opponent won, that I can tell you. You wouldn't even be thinking about it."

Donald Trump, March 13th 2018.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement