Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

LUXOBARGE (sub5k) of the week/day

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 37,295 ✭✭✭✭the_syco

https://www.donedeal.ie/cars-for-sale/bmw-730d-2005-nct-12-21/27340683

This one seems to be alright of value. But it's not a one owner car as the seller claims and it's a bit down on spec
    Yup, on the 3rd owner now, although he looks more like a private dealer (from his other ads).

• Registered Users Posts: 2,092 ✭✭✭pcardin

Truckermal wrote: »
    Nothing worse than black Audis.....

indeed. heaven for culchies. :D

• Registered Users Posts: 548 ✭✭✭ek motor

https://www.donedeal.ie/cars-for-sale/new-nct-3-5-v6-petrol/26887161

Wee bit over budget . Are these petrol s classes more reliable than the s320 diesels of the same vintage?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,451 ✭✭✭CharlieCroker

ek motor wrote: »
    https://www.donedeal.ie/cars-for-sale/new-nct-3-5-v6-petrol/26887161

Wee bit over budget . Are these petrol s classes more reliable than the s320 diesels of the same vintage?

I know the seller well. He's a big Mercedes man, if he's selling it then I'd be happy enough it's decent

• Registered Users Posts: 4,419 ✭✭✭KevRossi

I could be wrong, but was the first owner of that Merc a big noise in the horse racing industry? Seem to remember that car or something with a similar plate at a lot of summer meetings back then.

12 months NCT and a dealers warranty is good going for the price.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,074 ✭✭✭✭Duke O Smiley

KevRossi wrote: »
    I could be wrong, but was the first owner of that Merc a big noise in the horse racing industry? Seem to remember that car or something with a similar plate at a lot of summer meetings back then.

12 months NCT and a dealers warranty is good going for the price.

This is the car you're thinking about, S600 V12

M2RkMWE1ODRiNzFmMjcxMzQ0NzY1YTI3ZWZlYTg2YzUgOWkO8DlUI6BnQtpQYQBEaHR0cDovL3MzLWV1LXdlc3QtMS5hbWF6b25hd3MuY29tL2RvbmVkZWFsLmllLXBob3Rvcy9waG90b18xMjkyNTM2MTR8fHw2MDB4NjAwfHx8fHx8fHw=.jpeg

He has a 2019 Maybach now

huHOrbu.jpg

2l0w5bm.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 1,239 ✭✭✭Lurching

Jasus, there's no way I'd want to be driven around in that thing.
    What's that worth new?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,322 ✭✭✭m17

Lurching wrote: »
    Jasus, there's no way I'd want to be driven around in that thing.
    What's that worth new?

About €500k before VRT

https://www.autocar.co.uk/car-news/motor-shows-geneva-motor-show/mercedes-maybach-s-class-pullman-revealed

He also owns this, and it usually travels in convoy with the Maybach. It was €400k alone apparently. It'll be a great day for the parish when we see it posted in here sub €5k!

51019365106_1fd8570bd3_c.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 548 ✭✭✭ek motor

m17 wrote: »

That's very tasty . Out of a 730 an s class or an a8 from 2008 which one is best shout ? Cant decide

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,229 ✭✭✭deandean

Any guesses on how long I'll have to wait for that Maybach to appear in the sub-€5K Luxobarge thread? :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 3,911 ✭✭✭selectamatic

That's very tasty . Out of a 730 an s class or an a8 from 2008 which one is best shout ? Cant decide

S class would be my pick. The w221 is a king of a car compared to the w220.

• Registered Users Posts: 26,282 ✭✭✭✭Eric Cartman

definitely the S, the w221 only came out in 06 and can be facelifted to be identical to a 2012 car pretty handy. That A8 was out since 02 and the 7 of that era is a 2002 design facelifted in 05.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,854 ✭✭✭zuutroy

I loved my '08 730D and am sorry I got rid of it. Have '12 520 now and don't like it at all.

This is the car you're thinking about, S600 V12

No, not his. Another horseman. Car was silver and had a very similar number. I remember it as it was almost the same number as my parents car at the time.

I think the owner of the Maybach had always owned the most expensive Merc you can get without getting an AMG or Brabus version.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,662 ✭✭✭Voodoomelon

zuutroy wrote: »
    I loved my '08 730D and am sorry I got rid of it. Have '12 520 now and don't like it at all.

That was an interesting change. I have a mate with an F11 estate and isn't much a fan of it at all. The E65 is very underated, its a fabulous car.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,854 ✭✭✭zuutroy

That was an interesting change. I have a mate with an F11 estate and isn't much a fan of it at all. The E65 is very underated, its a fabulous car.

Wife complaining about the tax and I own another item with a large engine already so hadn't a leg to stand on!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,462 ✭✭✭dobman88

zuutroy wrote: »
    Wife complaining about the tax and I own another item with a large engine already so hadn't a leg to stand on!

:pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 95 ✭✭astraj

• Registered Users Posts: 95 ✭✭astraj

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 9,764 Mod ✭✭✭✭ToxicPaddy

astraj wrote: »

That's been for sale for ages. Think I was serious considering that at the start of last year when my A6 started giving trouble.

I know they are an older slightly dated model but I've a big soft spot for them.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,594 ✭✭✭newmember2

ToxicPaddy wrote: »
    That's been for sale for ages. Think I was serious considering that at the start of last year when my A6 started giving trouble.

I know they are an older slightly dated model but I've a big soft spot for them.

That and the other ones above including the FL are all really basic spec.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,600 ✭✭✭traco

Maybe we should start a loaded barge thread that shows options on the car so people can understand what loaded means?

Where should I start it - general motors section? is it even worth bothering??

traco wrote: »
    Maybe we should start a loaded barge thread that shows options on the car so people can understand what loaded means?

You'll never reach agreement.

People have different perceptions as to what it means. Also doesn't take into account the availability of an option when the car was new, or indeed some over inflated price for an option in certain markets that makes purchasing it even less likely.

If your putting it anywhere put it in this buying and selling forum I think.

FWIW most people go on visual options and wouldn't include stuff you can't see such as ABS, ESP etc.

As an example is a Lexus LS without the Presidential pack 'fully loaded'.

Is a Maybach without the 'Pullman' or 'Landaulet' option fully loaded?

traco wrote: »

Basic Barge Tier (1 point each) :

Heated Seats, Sunroof, Soft Close Boot, Navigation, Electric Seats, Auto Dimming Rear view Mirror.

Options Tier 1 (2 points each) :

Rear Blinds, Cooled Seats, Premium Sound System, Fancy Cameras (Reverse with swinging lines, surround cameras or night vision), Soft Close Doors, Xenon Headlights

Options Tier 2 (4 points each):

Comfort / Multi Countour Seats, Winged headrests / Headrests with tv's in them, parking heater, auto dimming side mirrors, ambient lighting. Double Glazing, Rear independent climate control, Panoramic Sunroof / Dual Sunroofs, Adaptive Cruise.

Options Tier 3 (6 points each) :

Adjustable rear seats, rear seat heating or cooling, rear vanity mirrors, rear mood lighting, Air suspension or other adaptive.

Options Tier 4 (10 points each) :
    Fridge, No back middle seat due to a wood laden control stack for rear screens and seats, Full Leather stitched Dashboard & Headliner, Massage Seats.

'Fully Loaded' id class as atleast 1 tier 4 option and 75% of the other tiers.

This scale provides a possible score for every barge out of 120, so you can metric barges on their 'fulll loadedness out out 120'

First thing I do when I see an E65 7 series is look at the lower bumper grilles for lenses:

51024585358_c04beb3dbf_o.png

The one on the left is for adaptive cruise, and the one on the right is for night vision.

On the inside, the first sign of a well spec'd car is the amount of seat control buttons to the left of the driver:

51025417077_f9b5a59f9d.jpg

On a W221 S Class, the first exterior sign of a well spec'd car is the radar sensors on the grille (can just be made out in this picture) for adaptive cruise. The night vision camera lens is at the top of the windscreen near the mirror, so a bit harder to make out:

ODg3NDg2NzZiNzY4OTJkMTVlZTRmYzFhZDk5MWMxMWMv4s6qx9gcl1OZ-IDvPmzTaHR0cDovL3MzLWV1LXdlc3QtMS5hbWF6b25hd3MuY29tL2RvbmVkZWFsLmllLXBob3Rvcy9waG90b18xNjQ3NTQ0Nzl8fHw2MDB4NjAwfHx8fHx8fHw=.jpeg

Inside, seat controls on the door for memory and heating/ventilation are the go-to, as well as the night vision switch to the right of the light controls:

NTkwZDQ0MGM5MGY1MjkwZDhhNzM4MzYxZWVmYTQ3NzPv-o0XtUa5bQjVatoohmyCaHR0cDovL3MzLWV1LXdlc3QtMS5hbWF6b25hd3MuY29tL2RvbmVkZWFsLmllLXBob3Rvcy9waG90b18xNjQ3NTQ0ODd8fHw2MDB4NjAwfHx8fHx8fHw=.jpeg

(Eric Carman might confirm this, but I'm 99% sure re. the night vision camera lens location)

On a W221 S Class, the first exterior sign of a well spec'd car is radar sensors on the grille (can just be made out in this picture) for adaptive cruise. The night vision camera lens is at the top of the windscreen near the mirror, so hard to make out:

ODg3NDg2NzZiNzY4OTJkMTVlZTRmYzFhZDk5MWMxMWMv4s6qx9gcl1OZ-IDvPmzTaHR0cDovL3MzLWV1LXdlc3QtMS5hbWF6b25hd3MuY29tL2RvbmVkZWFsLmllLXBob3Rvcy9waG90b18xNjQ3NTQ0Nzl8fHw2MDB4NjAwfHx8fHx8fHw=.jpeg

Inside, seat controls on the door for memory and heating/ventilation the go-to, as well as the night vision switch to the right of the light controls:

NTkwZDQ0MGM5MGY1MjkwZDhhNzM4MzYxZWVmYTQ3NzPv-o0XtUa5bQjVatoohmyCaHR0cDovL3MzLWV1LXdlc3QtMS5hbWF6b25hd3MuY29tL2RvbmVkZWFsLmllLXBob3Rvcy9waG90b18xNjQ3NTQ0ODd8fHw2MDB4NjAwfHx8fHx8fHw=.jpeg

(Eric Carman might confirm this, but I'm 99% sure re. the night vision camera lens location)

you are correct, and night vision is on that switch as said. That one picture tells you a lot about the barge as you can see night vision, heated and cooled seats from that one pic.

Heated Seats, Sunroof, Soft Close Boot, Navigation, Electric Seats, Auto Dimming Rear view Mirror.

Rear Blinds, Cooled Seats, Premium Sound System, Fancy Cameras (Reverse with swinging lines, surround cameras or night vision), Soft Close Doors, Xenon Headlights

Comfort / Multi Countour Seats, Winged headrests / Headrests with tv's in them, parking heater, auto dimming side mirrors, ambient lighting. Double Glazing, Rear independent climate control, Panoramic Sunroof / Dual Sunroofs, Adaptive Cruise.

Adjustable rear seats, rear seat heating or cooling, rear vanity mirrors, rear mood lighting, Air suspension or other adaptive.

Fridge, No back middle seat due to a wood laden control stack for rear screens and seats, Full Leather stitched Dashboard & Headliner, Massage Seats.

This scale provides a possible score for every barge out of 120, so you can metric barges on their 'fulll loadedness out out 120'

An example using this template

https://www.donedeal.ie/cars-for-sale/s500-lwbone-ownervery-low-mileage/27427097?campaign=3

NGNkZmU3ZjYwOWU0M2U2Yjg5Y2MxMmNkZDk5NDY0MTWLzQYvKCO7HSMIXmP2geDHaHR0cDovL3MzLWV1LXdlc3QtMS5hbWF6b25hd3MuY29tL2RvbmVkZWFsLmllLXBob3Rvcy9waG90b18xNzM1ODE4NjN8fHw2MDB4NjAwfHx8fHx8fHw=.jpeg

ZjA3ODQyNTIxY2NjZjZhNWE2ZmYzMjU1YWE2OTlhMjC8b690CpYlRzAuOaWivp2uaHR0cDovL3MzLWV1LXdlc3QtMS5hbWF6b25hd3MuY29tL2RvbmVkZWFsLmllLXBob3Rvcy9waG90b18xNzM1ODE4NzF8fHw2MDB4NjAwfHx8fHx8fHw=.jpeg

1a - 6 points

1b - 8 points

2 - 8 points

3 - 18 points

4 - 10 points

Maybe I missed one or two things, but 50/120 is a bit disappointing. Options that this might have, but can't be seen, would be: ambient lighting (4 points), rear vanity mirrors (6 points), rear mood lighting (6 points), leather stitched dash (10 points) - if this counts:

ZDliOTZhZjBlMDk5MGZjMThkMWY4NWFjMGZiMDgwZGLkiLJ3jeZ7puPRA3yCk30IaHR0cDovL3MzLWV1LXdlc3QtMS5hbWF6b25hd3MuY29tL2RvbmVkZWFsLmllLXBob3Rvcy9waG90b18xNzM1ODE4Njh8fHw2MDB4NjAwfHx8fHx8fHw=.jpeg

There is some stitching.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,451 ✭✭✭CharlieCroker

Just used this formula on my cars

My E60 gets 2 points!!!

However, my wife's top spec 142 citroen picasso gets an impressive 70 points!! :-)

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement